The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013, 06:13 AM   #1
Bacchus

Default What is up with Republicans?

They don't get their way and they start whining and crying and wanting to succeed. LMAO..WTH.... You know when you don't have the votes to stop something then you choose to compromise on it and make it the best you can. You don't threaten to pick up your toys and go play somewhere else.

When you are not getting what you what you change and adapt you strategy on how to win over voters you don't double down on the same tired, worn our things you are trying now and failing at...

Just a note, this voter suppression you are trying is going to backfire fantastically. You guys have just motivated the base of the Dems for the next generation.

Here is the latest example

Can’t beat the Democrats? Must be time to secede

Benjy Sarlin, @benjysarlin

It’s a difficult time for Republicans in Colorado. Democrats are in complete control of state government after the 2012 elections and they’re using their majorities to push through an avalanche of progressive legislation, from new gun control laws to stricter alternative energy requirements. Three years ago, Weld County district attorney Ken Buck ran for Senate comparing homosexuality to alcoholism, a remark that helped cost him the race. Today the speaker of the state house of representatives is openly gay and Gov. John Hickenlooper recently signed a law legalizing civil unions.

If you’re a Republican official in the rural eastern half of the state, you could take the party’s implosion as a sign the GOP needs to find a more moderate message that can win back swing voters in the populous Denver suburbs. Or you might decide it’s time to pack it in.

That’s the route Republican county officials across the plains are taking, where a proposal to secede and form the 51st state is gaining momentum. On Monday, the Weld County commission voted unanimously to pursue secession by putting the issue on the ballot in November. Elected officials and activists in nine other northeastern rural counties are discussing the idea as well, with some dissenters backing a more “moderate” approach of trying to allocate state representatives by land instead of population. The new state (East Colorado? North Colorado? Great Plainistan?) would include about 154,000 voters, per The New Republic’s Nate Cohn, making it the least populous in the country.

For the full whine fest click here: http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/08/20/beset...-to-secession/

Last edited by Bacchus; 08-21-2013 at 06:15 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
BroncoBeavis

[sarc] Yes, it's obvious need to follow the 2004 Democrat party model of tacking to the center after a devastating electoral defeat [/sarc]
Old 08-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #3
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
[sarc] Yes, it's obvious need to follow the 2004 Democrat party model of tacking to the center after a devastating electoral defeat [/sarc]
Yeah, how dare a political party try to actually represent its citizens better!

Last edited by Fedaykin; 08-21-2013 at 07:11 AM..
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:07 AM   #4
Bacchus

Quote:
They need to do something besides threatening to shutdown the government or succeed...... they are ridiculous....oh yes.... I went there.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #5
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
They need to do something besides threatening to shutdown the government or succeed...... they are ridiculous....oh yes.... I went there.
"Succeed" should be the goal.

I agree it'd be bad politics to shut down the government over Obamacare. Sadly the best politics would be to let it unfold in all its glory.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...97K05K20130821

http://www.wibc.com/news/story.aspx?ID=1980101

So you're right. It's bad politics to try to keep these headlines from reaching out and harming real American people. But stopping it is still the right thing to do.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:56 AM   #6
Bacchus

Quote:
"Succeed" should be the goal.

I agree it'd be bad politics to shut down the government over Obamacare. Sadly the best politics would be to let it unfold in all its glory.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...97K05K20130821

http://www.wibc.com/news/story.aspx?ID=1980101

So you're right. It's bad politics to try to keep these headlines from reaching out and harming real American people. But stopping it is still the right thing to do.
Ok first off. Yeah the job market sucks and that has to do 100% with the congress not passing any job acts. The last two congresses have been the worst in history at passing Bills. Way more than even the "Do nothing " Congress during the 40's.

As far as the other if the teacher is mad because they are cutting his hours. Don't get mad and the reform act get mad at the school system. The school system could easily hire these subs as regular beginning full time teachers with less pay and give them duties other than teaching when not needed. These teachers could full fill many duties like counselors, hall monitors and bus drivers when they aren't teaching. Many schools already do this stuff.

Companies and schools who want to find fault with this and want it top fail will be able to b**** and whine about anything. The companies and schools that go in determined to make it work will have few problems.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:15 AM   #7
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Ok first off. Yeah the job market sucks and that has to do 100% with the congress not passing any job acts. The last two congresses have been the worst in history at passing Bills. Way more than even the "Do nothing " Congress during the 40's.

As far as the other if the teacher is mad because they are cutting his hours. Don't get mad and the reform act get mad at the school system. The school system could easily hire these subs as regular beginning full time teachers with less pay and give them duties other than teaching when not needed. These teachers could full fill many duties like counselors, hall monitors and bus drivers when they aren't teaching. Many schools already do this stuff.

Companies and schools who want to find fault with this and want it top fail will be able to b**** and whine about anything. The companies and schools that go in determined to make it work will have few problems.
Epic logic fail here...

Lack of Jobs = Rethugs didn't pass no bills to help Employers.

Slashing of hours in response to Democratic bill = Dirty Employers don't know what they're doing.

Anyone who knows a teacher very well knows that most of the time they break into a district with months or years of ****ty paying substitute work. Democrats found a way to make that even ****tier paying. And you applaud.

Congrats on your party advocacy. I'm sure it means a lot to you.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
Bacchus

Quote:
Epic logic fail here...

Lack of Jobs = Rethugs didn't pass no bills to help Employers.

Slashing of hours in response to Democratic bill = Dirty Employers don't know what they're doing.

Anyone who knows a teacher very well knows that most of the time they break into a district with months or years of ****ty paying substitute work. Democrats found a way to make that even ****tier paying. And you applaud.

Congrats on your party advocacy. I'm sure it means a lot to you.
I have no idea what your talking about. You have an angry substitute in your story and I gave that substitute a full time job with health insurance. and I am keeping that person down
You are the epic fail.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #9
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
I have no idea what your talking about. You have an angry substitute in your story and I gave that substitute a full time job with health insurance. and I am keeping that person down
You are the epic fail.
No I get it. Ignoring unintended consequences and perverse incentives is what you guys do.

But in reality, what already limits many of those substitute teachers is that union contracts prohibit them from taking on more permanent roles without receiving union schedule pay and benefits. That threshold varies, but for decades, it has served as an incentive to keep subs under a certain (full time-ish) threshold. That threshold has now been lowered even further by the ACA.

It takes a special type of Utopian though to figure that these (mostly Public) employers will stop doing what they've already been doing for years.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:47 AM   #10
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Actually, as far as the OP goes, it's a brilliant plan. What would be the economic foundation of this new state of Redneckistan, or whatever they want to call it? That's right: Cow poop, winter wheat and tornados. They would immediately enter the Union poorer than Mississippi. What would happen then? Why, then they could start raking in those Federal taxpayer welfare bucks. Hell, just a couple of fat agriculture subsidies and they'll all be swimming in the green. And they'd only be splitting the haul between 154,000 voters. Brilliant!
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote