The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #101
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I'd get if they wanted to go with the guy who is underwhelming as an athlete but just knows what he's doing out there. The problem is Bardley seems to only have the first part of that equation down.

I just have a very hard time believing Irving or Trevathan wouldn't be better for our defense at Mike.
THIS!!! Give me some Danny!
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #102
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 42s
#Broncos MLB Stewart Bradley to have wrist surgery. Wesley Woodyard moves to MLB; Danny Trevathan to WLB.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #103
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

ETA on coming back? Irvin has another chance to step up and play somewhere. Lucky guy.
bpc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #104
MABroncoFan
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

I guess Phillips will primarily play DE?
MABroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #105
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
ETA on coming back? Irvin has another chance to step up and play somewhere. Lucky guy.
Stewart Bradley, who had seemingly won the starting middle linebacker position, will have surgery on his left wrist and be out several weeks.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...-wrist-surgery
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #106
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I don't know how you play LB with a messed up wrist. It affects everything you do from shedding blocks, wrap up tackling and coverage down field.
bpc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #107
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
I don't know how you play LB with a messed up wrist. It affects everything you do from shedding blocks, wrap up tackling and coverage down field.
I saw Karl Mecklenburgh and Von Miller do it with a big ole ball cast over their hand. Miss a lot of tackles.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #108
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Finally started watching the game vs Seattle and must say this guy sucked massive balls on the first drive. Bradley gave up a 25 yard pass to Tight End McGrath by trying to cover a guy Woodward was already spotting. McGrath goes right by him for the big gain. Another play of Turbin near the Broncos 10 yard line and goes up the guy for 7 yards. Bradley gets man handled and taken out of the play. Dude is the White version of Mays without the massive hit on a player.

Just had to get that off my chest days after the game.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #109
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Finally started watching the game vs Seattle and must say this guy sucked massive balls on the first drive. Bradley gave up a 25 yard pass to Tight End McGrath by trying to cover a guy Woodward was already spotting. McGrath goes right by him for the big gain. Another play of Turbin near the Broncos 10 yard line and goes up the guy for 7 yards. Bradley gets man handled and taken out of the play. Dude is the White version of Mays without the massive hit on a player.

Just had to get that off my chest days after the game.
I posted about this in the other LB thread. I didn't like Bradley, didn't want him, and still think he sucks. But...

That play was not his fault. We were in a Cover 2 basic Vanilla look. The OLinemen disengaged and the RB turned for a screen, both Bradley and WW jumped the screen. The play is designed for the TE to sit and wait, if the LBs flow to him the screen is a big play, if they leave him unattended he has an easy catch. We were in a basic look, there wasn't man coverage on the TE, Bradley also sits in a soft zone and let's the play develop.

It's a damn if you do damn if you don't play. If he jumps the TE, the RB has a convoy leading him down the field verse DBs. If he jumps the RB as he did, then the TE is open underneath our Safeties playing in Cover 2.

As much as many don't want to believe or acknowledge, coaches want tape of how players would react, hence the basic Vanilla D.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #110
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I posted about this in the other LB thread. I didn't like Bradley, didn't want him, and still think he sucks. But...

That play was not his fault. We were in a Cover 2 basic Vanilla look. The OLinemen disengaged and the RB turned for a screen, both Bradley and WW jumped the screen. The play is designed for the TE to sit and wait, if the LBs flow to him the screen is a big play, if they leave him unattended he has an easy catch. We were in a basic look, there wasn't man coverage on the TE, Bradley also sits in a soft zone and let's the play develop.

It's a damn if you do damn if you don't play. If he jumps the TE, the RB has a convoy leading him down the field verse DBs. If he jumps the RB as he did, then the TE is open underneath our Safeties playing in Cover 2.

As much as many don't want to believe or acknowledge, coaches want tape of how players would react, hence the basic Vanilla D.
that's a good point...the broncos have rarely lined up in their Big Nickel this pre-season.
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #111
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

The Broncos could play Nate Irving at Miller's strongside linebacker spot, although the team just signed Paris Lenon, a 36-year-old inside linebacker who started the past eight NFL seasons with Green Bay, Detroit, St. Louis and Arizona.

It could be that the Broncos start a linebacking trio of Danny Trevathan at weakside, Wesley Woodyard in the middle, and Irving or Shaun Phillips at strongside. Or Lenon could start at either middle or strongside linebacker, alongside Woodyard and Trevathan.

In an odd twist, Stewart Bradley could not beat out Lenon the past two seasons in Arizona at middle linebacker. Bradley was the Broncos' starting middle linebacker until he suffered a left wrist injury Saturday that required surgery.

And now Lenon was brought in with the intent of replacing him again.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...by-nfl-broncos
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #112
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post

I need to go back and look at that again but it seemed odd that he would position himself next to WW when it doesn't look to make sense. WW is already in that space and it isn't a run so you know Wilson is throwing it. He knows WW is there and unless he takes off to his left, there is no reason to take the same position as WW.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote