The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 06:39 AM   #126
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I don't think Turbin has been that impressive so far in the NFL. Not that I'm wild about the Hillman pick. I think that was a mistake. But Turbin doesn't seem like he's all that great to me. Now Bernard Pierce over Ronnie Hillman? Yes please.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:49 AM   #127
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,732
Default

I still haven't figured out what they were thinking with the Hillman pick. Makes no more sense now than it did then.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:40 AM   #128
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer
 
Steve Prefontaine's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,405

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I still haven't figured out what they were thinking with the Hillman pick. Makes no more sense now than it did then.
Agreed.

In fact, unless the RB is such a sure-fire hit (like AP), I hate taking one in the first 3 rounds anymore.
Steve Prefontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #129
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 3,924
Default

Turbin isn't as good as Christian Michael. That's the guy the Broncos should have gotten.

Last edited by yerner; 08-19-2013 at 08:12 AM..
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #130
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,678

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I still haven't figured out what they were thinking with the Hillman pick. Makes no more sense now than it did then.
That's how I feel about Brock.

Don't get me wrong, I love Twilight and his tattoo will never cease to crack me up, and we hear great things from practice, but I've been nothing but VERY underwhelmed every single time I've seen him "perform" against scrubs playing base D's no less.

Knowing that pick could've solidified our OL or D really grinds my gears.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:16 AM   #131
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
That's how I feel about Brock.

Don't get me wrong, I love Twilight and his tattoo will never cease to crack me up, and we hear great things from practice, but I've been nothing but VERY underwhelmed every single time I've seen him "perform" against scrubs playing base D's no less.

Knowing that pick could've solidified our OL or D really grinds my gears.
word......it seems we have our very own captain checkdown
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #132
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,678

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
word......it seems we have our very own captain checkdown
Brb spend all camp reading about his "big arm" only to see him **** his pants against a 3 man rush and drill it to a covered Lance Ball for a loss of 1.

He must give Jack Elway REALLY REALLY good head.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #133
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Brb spend all camp reading about his "big arm" only to see him **** his pants against a 3 man rush and drill it to a covered Lance Ball for a loss of 1.

.
! I was thinking the same thing during the game
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #134
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
That's how I feel about Brock.

Don't get me wrong, I love Twilight and his tattoo will never cease to crack me up, and we hear great things from practice, but I've been nothing but VERY underwhelmed every single time I've seen him "perform" against scrubs playing base D's no less.

Knowing that pick could've solidified our OL or D really grinds my gears.
Yep. He looks way to skittish in the pocket. Looks lost in there. When they roll him out on bootlegs and out of the pocket he seems to see the field better. Which is crazy cause he's a telephone pole out there among bushes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:57 AM   #135
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,198

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
That's how I feel about Brock.

Don't get me wrong, I love Twilight and his tattoo will never cease to crack me up, and we hear great things from practice, but I've been nothing but VERY underwhelmed every single time I've seen him "perform" against scrubs playing base D's no less.

Knowing that pick could've solidified our OL or D really grinds my gears.
He's had to play with scrubs. I heard an interview with Gase on the radio and he was saying they can't even run all the plays Brock knows because half the guys he's playing with don't know what he does and many probably won't even be on the team in a few weeks.

But I kind of agree as far as "a bird in the hand" goes. If he doesn't become Unitas and we never win a SB with Manning, we'll be second guessing everyone one of those picks for the future that could have been used on a player delivering a more immediate impact who may have been able to win a Lombardi. We'll have to see.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #136
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,678

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
He's had to play with scrubs. I heard an interview with Gase on the radio and he was saying they can't even run all the plays Brock knows because half the guys he's playing with don't know what he does and many probably won't even be on the team in a few weeks.

But I kind of agree as far as "a bird in the hand" goes. If he doesn't become Unitas and we never win a SB with Manning, we'll be second guessing everyone one of those picks for the future that could have been used on a player delivering a more immediate impact who may have been able to win a Lombardi. We'll have to see.
"Play with scrubs" is fine. Also playing AGAINST scrubs. Also playing AGAINST base defenses.

And that's funny from Gase. I bet a bigger reason they aren't showing the whole playbook is that it's our second and third teams in the PRESEASON, but sure...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #137
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Hillman was bad value. Trading up made it worse.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:51 PM.


Denver Broncos