The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #51
SlyEli

brandon jacobs is terrible.

running back will be a big issue this year...hopefully montee keeps getting better
Old 08-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #52
Bmore Manning

Beanie Wells hasn't played behind the best offensive lines..

There are a few there on that list who would work.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #53
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Montee Ball sucks.
Hillman is change of pace back. We need a RB that relieves pressure..If we had a average RB last year, we would have won the game against ravens last year.
Good decision to look for other options and not stick with a guy like Montee.
Who would you suggest Mr?
Old 08-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #54
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Beanie Wells hasn't played behind the best offensive lines..

There are a few there on that list who would work.
Agree and he has showed something that Moreno hasn't. He actually had the size, speed, and talent of a top tier back. He just has questionable work ethic, and can be as soft as tissue paper and suspect injury history. I think Denver could get him for nothing and if he worked out great. He might of had surgery last year on his foot or knee I can't really remember.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #55
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
It really depends on why the front office is bringing in a back. If it's a "we need a body to finish out preseason signing", there are a ton of young camp fodder backs here. If it's an "oh s**t Ball and Hillman aren't ready and Moreno is already dinged up signing," that changes things a little bit.

Cedric Benson-30, with a lot of miles on him. I always thought Benson had decent vision (might work pretty well in ZBS). Doesn't run as hard as he looks like he should. Has some off field baggage. Injury history as well. Pass

Ryan Grant- 30, with a lot of miles on him. He's done. Pass
Tim Hightower-Relatively young, honestly don't remember a lot about him except he's slow. Basically, Knowshon only not as good a blocker or receiver. Pass
Brandon Jacobs- 31, impressive size/speed combination when healthy. Nimble for a guy his size. Has knee problems. If he's relatively healthy, might be worth a look.
Javarris James-Edgar James's cousin, young, never produced in the NFL, also a bit a an arrest record, pass.
Willis McGahee-We know what we're getting here. Probably the most likely guy we sign. Honestly, I think he might wind up starting week one for us, if Ball isn't ready
Mewelde Moore-Don't remember anything about him. Wiki says he's slow and north of 30.
Isaac Redman-Might be a decent power goal-line back. He's relatively young and flashed some ability between the tackles. Basically, a younger, slower, less-talented Willis- Pass
Javon Ringer-Young, good back in college, honestly, don't remember much about him as a pro. Might be a guy to bring for a look as a developmental guy.
Brandon Saine-Speed back (sub 4.4). UDFA, never really done anything of note in the NFL, Pass.
Kevin Smith-Was productive a few years ago. Stats have been declining steadly for several years, might be a preseason depth fodder depth signing.
Michael Turner-Was good, I think he's done, pass. .
Beanie Wells-I was really high on Beanie out of OSU. He's still young, still has ability to move the chains. Decent size (240ish). Had a thousand yard double digit TD season for Arizona. Might be another possibility.
Fozzy Whitaker. Young, vaguely remember him in college. Preseason depth fodder.
Eddie Williams. Young Redskin practice squad guy. Preseason depth fodder.
Benson has low yards but lots of knee issues. He missed big chunks of seasons with the bears and I remember him missing time with Bungles and Pack.

He is done, I would rather have Willis back.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #56
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Who would you suggest Mr?
We should sign Michael Turner/Ryan Grant/Tim Hightower.
I was hoping we sign Lacy in the draft..
now, we don't have much options.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #57
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

From the trash heap I'd rate them in this order.
1.) McGahee
2.) Beanie Wells
3.) Brandon Jacobs
4.) Redman
5.) Benson
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:03 PM   #58
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

If like to actually see montee take a bunch of carries with the first team. Wtf are we gonna do with retreads?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #59
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Ball just needs more experience. Hillman damn near doubled his carries. Give Ball the damn ball.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #60
yerner
Ring of Famer

Hightower would be better than anybody on the roster if he was even close to his pre injury form. He must have not recovered.

I'm surprised Wells hasn't gotten another chance. He must have earned a rep that's not getting him a job.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #61
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
From the trash heap I'd rate them in this order.
1.) McGahee
2.) Beanie Wells
3.) Brandon Jacobs
4.) Redman
5.) Benson
Substitute Turner for Jacobs. Jacobs runs timid and soft.

Turner is great picking up the blitz, and is a downhill tough runner. Atlanta's offensive line started going downhill.

Otherwise the list looks solid.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #62
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Agree and he has showed something that Moreno hasn't. He actually had the size, speed, and talent of a top tier back. He just has questionable work ethic, and can be as soft as tissue paper and suspect injury history. I think Denver could get him for nothing and if he worked out great. He might of had surgery last year on his foot or knee I can't really remember.
Yeah Beanie's problem is how injury prone he is. I wouldn't be opposed to an incentive laden contract alla Shaun Phillips for one of these veteran backs.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #63
schaaf

I feel like Montee Ball really showed me something yesterday running the ball, his cuts were decisive and he showed good power, all his runs were between the tackles and he consistently was getting 1-2 yards after being wrapped up. His runs weren't skewed by a 15 yard run or anything either, he was averaging 4-5 yards every time he touched the ball. He whiffed on Bobby Wagner who put a lick on Peyton but Hillman still has issues protecting.

I was impressed with Hillman running yesterday and his vision but damn 2 fumbles on the same drive where they didn't even strip or swinging at it and just from a hit. He's gotta get that straightened out.

I tend to agree with Rev's take on Lance Ball, I guess I understand his role more than most people and I believe the coaches understand it too. He is average at just about everything. I trust him to go in there and not mess up. You don't have to change your gameplan with him in because he can do just about everything "okay". He has proven to be durable and is always there when called upon. I for one will miss that if They go with Ball/Hillman and Knowshon. I highly doubt Hillman can stay healthy for an extended period of time and Knowshon has proven he can't so who does that leave us with in the middle of the season.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #64
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Best name: Fozzy
I heard he was pretty good when he played for the Muppets.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #65
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

So you are able to make this assessment after 2 preseason games with an OL that is patchwork?

It's arhetorical question, as in no need to answer, you have no clue actually. No one knows anything yet.

Quote:
Montee Ball sucks.
Hillman is change of pace back. We need a RB that relieves pressure..If we had a average RB last year, we would have won the game against ravens last year.
Good decision to look for other options and not stick with a guy like Montee.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:03 PM   #66
errand
Ring of Famer

People b****ing about Lance Ball....If the Broncos are down to their 4th RB does it really matter who it is? We're ****ed either way in my opinion.

Lance keeps making the team because while he's nothing spectacular, he's solid and does what he's told to do. If we have to count on him as our feature back, yes we're in trouble...if we need him to spell one of the other RB's for a few plays or even one game, we'll be OK
Old 08-18-2013, 06:16 PM   #67
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
So you are able to make this assessment after 2 preseason games with an OL that is patchwork?

It's arhetorical question, as in no need to answer, you have no clue actually. No one knows anything yet.
I am confident in my assessment.
I told that Moreno sucks when he got drafted.
I am telling the same about Montee Ball.
we should have drafted Lacy
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:18 PM   #68
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
People b****ing about Lance Ball....If the Broncos are down to their 4th RB does it really matter who it is? We're ****ed either way in my opinion.

Lance keeps making the team because while he's nothing spectacular, he's solid and does what he's told to do. If we have to count on him as our feature back, yes we're in trouble...if we need him to spell one of the other RB's for a few plays or even one game, we'll be OK
There's players on that list better than ball. And they are out of work. That's says something.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #69
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
I heard he was pretty good when he played for the Muppets.
Not according to these guys:

Old 08-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #70
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:

The real reason Lance keeps making the team is ST's. Throw in the above and he can carve out a decent NFL career.

I said at the end of last year that if KM wanted to stick in the NFL after his contract ran out he should volunteer to play ST's. His agent must have thought the same thing because he is on ST's this year. Sadly in ST's he is no Lance Ball.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #71
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
Hightower would be better than anybody on the roster if he was even close to his pre injury form. He must have not recovered.

I'm surprised Wells hasn't gotten another chance. He must have earned a rep that's not getting him a job.
Bad knee that didn't past medical review for either Jacksonville or Cinncy.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #72
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
We should sign Michael Turner/Ryan Grant/Tim Hightower.
I was hoping we sign Lacy in the draft..
now, we don't have much options.
Michael Turner and Ryan Grant? Your joking right? You say Ball sucks then turn around and suggest two has beens that are terrible and a guy who hasn't played in 2 years? That says a lot on your takes.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #73
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
There's players on that list better than ball. And they are out of work. That's says something.
Yes it does say something, doesn't it?
Old 08-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #74
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Michael Turner and Ryan Grant? Your joking right? You say Ball sucks then turn around and suggest two has beens that are terrible and a guy who hasn't played in 2 years? That says a lot on your takes.
Turner is terrible? You think that Atlanta line is great?
Old 08-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #75
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Turner is terrible? You think that Atlanta line is great?
It's decent Turner is so washed up. There is a reason he is unemployed.