The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #76
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue
 
Eldorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,265

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunSilentRunDeep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Broncos expect Wolfe, Welker for opener

Bailey underwent a MRI exam Sunday to check the soft tissue of the foot after X-rays were negative. The MRI showed no major tears, but Bailey was dealing with plenty of soreness in the arch of his foot and the exact timetable for a return to practice was still uncertain. The Broncos are hopeful they see progress in him over the next three weeks so he will be available for the Sept. 5 regular-season opener against the Ravens.

Wolfe, after tests in a Seattle hospital Saturday night, was allowed to return to Denver on the team’s chartered flight. He is expected, at this point, to be available for the season opener against Baltimore. He had been taken from the field by ambulance after being strapped to a backboard after a collision with Seahawks fullback Michael Robinson.

Wolfe, an active Twitter participant, posted Sunday; “Thanks for the prayers everyone, ill (sic) be okay and will be back on the field soon.’’

Welker was treated for a sprained ankle and is expected to be available for the Ravens game as well if all goes well.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...ker-for-opener
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #77
snowspot66
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,785
Default

Well that's a couple of canon balls dodged.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #78
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,396

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...ker-for-opener

Bailey - No timetable. Hope to see progress with him, hopeful he will be available for the opener.

Wolfe - Expected for opener

Welker - Expected for opener

Vasquez - Could return to practice this week
About the best possible scenario, given what it looked like yesterday.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #79
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,338

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
About the best possible scenario, given what it looked like yesterday.
Seriously


I'll eat my hat if welker isn't out there by week one. That guy seems like hell play through anything
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #80
Stuck in Cali
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
About the best possible scenario, given what it looked like yesterday.
Could not agree more.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #81
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,516

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...ker-for-opener

Bailey - No timetable. Hope to see progress with him, hopeful he will be available for the opener.

Wolfe - Expected for opener

Welker - Expected for opener

Vasquez - Could return to practice this week


PERFECT now lets be sure and schedule Seattle for next season's pre season too so we can play a pre season game at a level of physicality normally reserved for the playoffs so Pete Carroll can look tough and we can get 4 starters injured.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #82
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Bullets dodged. Two more weeks of this BS before the real games start...
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #83
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,689

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

I don't care if Champ misses the opener, just get him healthy for the stretch run/Playoffs.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #84
snowspot66
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
I don't care if Champ misses the opener, just get him healthy for the stretch run/Playoffs.
Might even be a good thing. Keep him fresh and get the young guys reps.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #85
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,855

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Broncos expect Wolfe, Welker for opener

Bailey underwent a MRI exam Sunday to check the soft tissue of the foot after X-rays were negative. The MRI showed no major tears, but Bailey was dealing with plenty of soreness in the arch of his foot and the exact timetable for a return to practice was still uncertain. The Broncos are hopeful they see progress in him over the next three weeks so he will be available for the Sept. 5 regular-season opener against the Ravens.

Wolfe, after tests in a Seattle hospital Saturday night, was allowed to return to Denver on the team’s chartered flight. He is expected, at this point, to be available for the season opener against Baltimore. He had been taken from the field by ambulance after being strapped to a backboard after a collision with Seahawks fullback Michael Robinson.

Wolfe, an active Twitter participant, posted Sunday; “Thanks for the prayers everyone, ill (sic) be okay and will be back on the field soon.’’

Welker was treated for a sprained ankle and is expected to be available for the Ravens game as well if all goes well.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...ker-for-opener
Awesome sauce. We've taken some injuries but it would appear all of them have been things that should heal in a matter of weeks. Just one more game of starters and one more game of depth to worry about.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #86
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,532

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Only bad thing is with a Thursday opener they lose a couple days of rest.
__________________


Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #87
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: California
Posts: 1,115
Default

Well lets get Carter - Webster some more playing time. I know a lot people are down on carter but I like the kid.
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #88
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,396

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

With Champ out and DRC hobbled, I'd love to see Kayvon Webster get some work at nickel and dime with the 1st/2nd teamers. I thought he was one of the few bright spots last night. He size/speed/strength ratio is impressive. He has CB range and the physicality of a safety. A lot of us (myself included) really questioned this pick, but I think this kid is going get on the active roster and contribute this season.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #89
HILife
Ring of Famer
 
HILife's Avatar
 
Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC - NOVA - DMV - VA - Take your pick
Posts: 4,408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Orange! View Post
If you want to read stuff that will make your blood boil, read this about Wolfe:

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275406
What a bunch of ****tards. Clearly they selective forgotten who there own team was.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #90
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILife View Post
What a bunch of ****tards. Clearly they selective forgotten who there own team was.

Well...our season is over. We lost game 2 of the preseason. Who's up in the 2014 draft?


Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #91
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: St Augustine, FL
Posts: 7,508

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Only bad thing is with a Thursday opener they lose a couple days of rest.
I like the Thursday opener, it's like an extra mini bye week for us. We're not going to play starters in the 4th preseason game, we play Thursday night then have 10 days before the next game. Sure it shortens the time between now and the opener, but I'll take the trade off.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #92
uplink
Ring of Famer
 
uplink's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,042
Default

I hurt my left foot three weeks ago in the same spot (that muscle on the bottom). Did it dancing or weight lifting, not sure how. It still has not healed and I had to stop dancing. It stiffens up in the morning especially; like Champs. The best thing is to stretch the muscle by standing on a tennis ball. I can image how hard its going to be for Champ to play unless that thing heals up.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #93
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,062

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

THANK GOD
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #94
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,642

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
I hurt my left foot three weeks ago in the same spot (that muscle on the bottom). Did it dancing or weight lifting, not sure how. It still has not healed and I had to stop dancing. It stiffens up in the morning especially; like Champs. The best thing is to stretch the muscle by standing on a tennis ball. I can image how hard its going to be for Champ to play unless that thing heals up.
I must have stubbed the **** out of my middle toe one night. I don't remember doing it, must have been after an Ambien. Anyways the next morning I am in the shower and look down and thing was all black and blue, I thought it was going to fall off. Only hurt a little. Pretty funny that I don't remember it at all. Goes to show kids, JUST SAY NO TO DRUGS!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #95
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis
 
Broncobiv's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,645
Default

If the middle of the bottom of Champ's foot is injured, can't they just put some sort of super-insert into his shoe so that there is almost no flex in his arch? Take up all the empty space under his arch so it can't flex, and it shouldn't hurt him too much.

*I am not a podiatrist, nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night, FWIW.
Broncobiv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:43 PM   #96
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,287

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Well...our season is over. We lost game 2 of the preseason. Who's up in the 2014 draft?


At least we will be in the running for Clowney since this season is already over.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #97
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Well...our season is over. We lost game 2 of the preseason. Who's up in the 2014 draft?


The good news is we will be able to grab whoever we want since we will be drafting #1.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:05 PM   #98
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,062

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
The good news is we will be able to grab whoever we want since we will be drafting #1.
True. However that will be offset because we'll have lost a great player because our fax machine will be out of toner at deadline.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:02 AM   #99
rmsanger
I support Missouri cops
 
rmsanger's Avatar
 
Another one bites the dust!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,933

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
I don't care if Champ misses the opener, just get him healthy for the stretch run/Playoffs.
right because we all know how awesome he was during last year playoffs.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:25 AM   #100
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
right because we all know how awesome he was during last year playoffs.
kill yourself
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:26 PM.


Denver Broncos