The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #26
brom66an6
Solid Starter

One funny (not so funny) note is that the ref last night Ronald torbert was also on the crew in our playoff game against the ratbirds last year (side judge then).
brom66an6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #27
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

The NFL is becoming as crooked as the NBA I wouldn't be surprised if there was some wink wink agreement to let the home team catch all the breaks in pre season games to help make the fans who pay for that crap feel better.

It reminded me of playing Tecmo Super Bowl where it goes into it's computer cheat mode and every 50/50 ball, fumble, etc goes against your team and even when you predict the play they still somehow bust it for a score.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #28
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
The NFL is becoming as crooked as the NBA I wouldn't be surprised if there was some wink wink agreement to let the home team catch all the breaks in pre season games to help make the fans who pay for that crap feel better.

It reminded me of playing Tecmo Super Bowl where it goes into it's computer cheat mode and every 50/50 ball, fumble, etc goes against your team and even when you predict the play they still somehow bust it for a score.
If the fix is in it sure ain't to make the fans feel good. Some of you guys are so naive.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #29
broncos-rock
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
If the fix is in it sure ain't to make the fans feel good. Some of you guys are so naive.
I just think these guys had no control over the game. Good refs take control of a game early and set the precedent for the rest of the game. Lots of dirty play and the broncos responded to it. They always seem to catch the second guy but these guys weren't even doing that.
broncos-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:53 AM   #30
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Yup that group of refs made the game more dangerous than it already is. They know the rule book but there is so much more to being a good officiating team and rule one as you point out is taking control of the game.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #31
Drunken.Broncoholic

That hillman fumble was a scoring play. ALL scoring plays are automatically reviewed from what I understand. Meaning a coaching staff cannot throw the flag. It was looked at. From the angles on the TV it looked like the ball was dislodged before crossing the plane then fully dropped after. That's a fumble.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #32
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Beat the Chefs! Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Bronco country better for you? Whatever you wanna call our fan base

Personally I don't care what its called I am a bronco fan and its cool to see a lot of other bronco fans,
it was about 25% of the stadium packed with Bronco fans it really was a strong showing.
I prefer The Bronco Range, a play on Front Range over Broncos Country or Nation.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #33
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Beat the Chefs! Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

What was up with the multiple Chris Clark formation violations? Isn't it more the responsiblity of the WR or TE to cover him? Was he just too far back? they didn't go into it or show his alignment on the broadcast. Plus I was practicing guitar since it was only a PS game.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #34
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
Jesus people...

You can't challenge scoring plays. You can't challenge turnovers. They are automatically reviewed.
As far as I could tell they did not review that play. The refs were as bad as the scabs were last year in my opinion. It was truly awful.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #35
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
What was up with the multiple Chris Clark formation violations? Isn't it more the responsiblity of the WR or TE to cover him? Was he just too far back? they didn't go into it or show his alignment on the broadcast. Plus I was practicing guitar since it was only a PS game.
It was just putrid reffing. Nothing more. Clark was lined up the way all NFL OTs line up.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #36
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

20+ penalties in a game are ridiculous. It slowed down the game to a crawl and many appeared to be nit-picky bullish*t.

There was one instance in the 3rd or fourth quarter where they couldn't agree, or were confused, or something, and took 3 or four minutes to finally make a simple call. The NFL can't have that happening.

If these are 'trainees', they failed. Send them back to the Arena league.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #37
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Jesus people...

You can't challenge scoring plays. You can't challenge turnovers. They are automatically reviewed.
Except ( of course) this one. They never reviewed the goal line play just that Browner crossed the goal line at the end. No way they spent enough time to review both ends. Homer call ALL the way.

Fox should have thrown the challenge flag, no matter what the rule, and let them know they had to review the fumble first, not just the last part of the play. I think that they removed the penalty for that this year, but he could have made a point about it.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #38
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Except ( of course) this one. They never reviewed the goal line play just that Browner crossed the goal line at the end. No way they spent enough time to review both ends. Homer call ALL the way.

Fox should have thrown the challenge flag, no matter what the rule, and let them know they had to review the fumble first, not just the last part of the play. I think that they removed the penalty for that this year, but he could have made a point about it.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #39
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

The stupid. It burns.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #40
TerrElway
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos-rock View Post
I just think these guys had no control over the game. Good refs take control of a game early and set the precedent for the rest of the game. Lots of dirty play and the broncos responded to it. They always seem to catch the second guy but these guys weren't even doing that.
Yeah the dirty play bugged me. I have kind of liked the Seahawks the last year or so but I don't know after last night. There was a bunch of cheap crap going on that didn't need to be. I guess I just finally saw what so many other fans around the league have been talking about.
TerrElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #41
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
I would like to think in the regular season the Hillman fumble into the end zone would've gotten more than a 2 second (if even) review like in last night's game.

I thought Hillman was in by a fraction before it came loose, but he's gotta learn to hang onto the damn ball and remove all doubt!
What he needs to do it learn to not lead with the ball on first, second or third down when going across the goaline, tuck it in and lead with his head and body ... all of which are jsut as good and sticking the ball out there as he would have scored that way last night as well.

Alas the ball got popped right on the money and no one could have held onto it under the exact same circumstances with the ball held out in front and the defenders helmet popping it with some power right on the ball.

The problem wasnt holding on to it, he shouldnt have stuck it out there to begin with and certainly not on a second down run play.

Ronnie should have known that already. There cant be that many possible scenarios for goal line scoring that he has not heard that one a hundred times by now. I guess these kids just need to get really embarrassed before they digest the error of doing it the wrong way.

I feel certain neither he nor Montee Ball will ever make that mistake again after they watch it a dozen times while getting coached-up the ying yang how they should hold the ball down there on the line all this coming week long.

Julius Thomas will learn better ball security as well. I love his route running and receiving skills. Just needs to lock onto that ball and realize every DB and safety considers it their ball and will try to strip it every time. He also needs to polish up the pass protect blocking as well, but otherwise he is gonna be a seriously potent weapon this year along with Wes, DT, Decker and whom ever the lead RB becomes out of the backfield.
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #42
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
A change to the replay rules will now allow a review to take place even if a coach attempts to challenge a play that is automatically reviewed by the replay official. Previously, if a coach threw a challenge flag on an automatically reviewable play, the team would be penalized 15 yards and no review would take place. Now, the offending team will be assessed a timeout (or a 15-yard penalty if the team has no timeouts remaining), but the play being challenged will still be reviewed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...190327171.html
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #43
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
What he needs to do it learn to not lead with the ball on first, second or third down when going across the goaline, tuck it in and lead with his head and body ... all of which are jsut as good and sticking the ball out there as he would have scored that way last night as well.
He had the ball secured against his body. He wasn't "sticking the ball out there".
Old 08-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #44
Drunken.Broncoholic

I thought it was reviewed. The ref said the word "confirmed" when announcing it was a TD. There was a delay in calling that a TD. Now debating whether it was right or not is a different story but IMO they had looked at it. Ramirez ****in gave up on that play too.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #45
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
He was too far off the line of at least a couple of occasions, but the other half a dozen times were pretty excessive.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #46
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
As far as I could tell they did not review that play. The refs were as bad as the scabs were last year in my opinion. It was truly awful.
They did review it. The ref eventually came back onto the field and said that the TD was confirmed. I remember that because for a split second, I thought they meant Hillman's TD was confirmed...until I realized they meant Seattle's.
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #47
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
A change to the replay rules will now allow a review to take place even if a coach attempts to challenge a play that is automatically reviewed by the replay official. Previously, if a coach threw a challenge flag on an automatically reviewable play, the team would be penalized 15 yards and no review would take place. Now, the offending team will be assessed a timeout (or a 15-yard penalty if the team has no timeouts remaining), but the play being challenged will still be reviewed.

Thank you..
The way it was officiated against ravens and few other games, i lost confidence in NFL.
I strongly believe some one will let the world know that it's fixed in few years.
I am addicted to this game and unable to stop watching though i know it's fixed.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:10 PM   #48
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Why didn't fox challenge the TD call
These are things that make you mad.
With better coaching and decisions we could have won Ravens game last year.
I just hope he realizes his mistakes and improves this year.
Quote:
Pessimism is a state of mind in which one anticipates undesirable outcomes or believes that the evil or hardships in life outweigh the good or luxuries. Value judgments may vary dramatically between individuals, even when judgments of fact are undisputed. The most common example of this phenomenon is the "Is the glass half empty or half full?" or "go_broncos" situation.
Quote:
Philosophical pessimism is the related idea that views the world in a strictly anti-optimistic fashion. This form of pessimism is not an emotional disposition as the term commonly connotes. Instead, it is a philosophy or go_broncos's worldview that directly challenges the notion of progress and what may be considered the faith-based claims of optimism. Philosophical pessimists are often existential nihilists believing that life has no intrinsic meaning or value. Their responses to this situation however are widely varied and are often life-affirming.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:08 AM   #49
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
They did review it. The ref eventually came back onto the field and said that the TD was confirmed. I remember that because for a split second, I thought they meant Hillman's TD was confirmed...until I realized they meant Seattle's.
The review they did was too fast for them to have looked at both ends. I am sure they simply reviewed the SEATTLE TD and confirmed it. They reviewed what was called on the field ( Seattle TD) as that was the only scoring play called on the field. Refs blew the other end, so it was not looked at. It was only about 30 seconds after the play, that it was "confirmed ".
Old 08-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #50
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post

thank you for posting that.