The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #76
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Agree. Our best two backs are probably Moreno and C.J. Anderson. That's how mediocre Hillman is and Ball appears to be. Hope I'm jumping to conclusions on Ball, but Hillman has pretty much proved he is what he is.
Can someone please explain to me how a guy runs for 4.7 yards per carry on six total carries behind iffy blocking against a beefy defensive front, and the mongoloids on this site decide he sucks?
Old 08-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #77
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Yep I hate Carroll and his whole ****ing attitude and that team. His son is a good young coach tho.
You know it's not so much that they aren't a good team, it's the whole attitude like you said.

Just like so many other teams in the history of sports, I think they will learn the hard way to STFU and just play the game. Teams that talk a lot of **** end up crashing and burning.

Edit: and if Griffin does not get hurt, Seattle is eliminated by halftime of that wild card game. That "vaunted" defense had no answer, would have been 28-0 or 28-3 by half.

Last edited by RedskinBronco; 08-18-2013 at 11:35 AM..
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #78
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
You were jumping all over folks including me for criticizing him in the game thread. Open up your eyes, criticizing a problem is not an issues. He's a 3rd year guy and it's time for him to step the F up. He should be better at blocking and fumbling is a huge issue for any team. If he can hold onto the ball, he'll be a weapon in the passing game but you can't make the club as a TE unless you can keep the $17 million dollar QB upright when you're called to stay in and protect.
He's a third year guy who has missed a lot of time because of injury. Yes, his blocking needs to improve for him to have a more prominent role in the offense, but until that happens he can still be a viable option in the passing game.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #79
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I sure wish we modeled our RB in the same mode as Seattle vs the little F#$%ING gnats that are 190 lbs soaking wet in full pads.
Or what about when Fox was the Head coach in Carolina?
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #80
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post

3. I swear, Manning still throws a wobbly ball. It's getting there, yes, but I don't like that wobble on every throw.
Last year he wobbled his way to numerous team passing records. Who gives a ****?
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #81
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Can someone please explain to me how a guy runs for 4.7 yards per carry on six total carries behind iffy blocking against a beefy defensive front, and the mongoloids on this site decide he sucks?

Offensive line is in flux, people know that. Yet the running backs must get 6 ypc and 3 TDs a game regardless. Otherwise those backs must suck, and we must bring back an injury prone fumbler in McGahee.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #82
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
I think some people just want something to b**** about.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #83
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Preseason doesn't mean ****. This has been proven over and over and over...
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #84
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Offensive line is in flux, people know that. Yet the running backs must get 6 ypc and 3 TDs a game regardless. Otherwise those backs must suck, and we must bring back an injury prone fumbler in McGahee.

What's funny is that these guys would've b****ed about TD his rookie season. Because what Ball did last night on those six runs is what TD did all season back in '96.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #85
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I don't know which announcers you were listening to but the Seattle guys said over and over Carroll was making a statement here what ever the **** that means in a preseason game.

Unless his statement was, " Look at me I am a total ass"
some teams use preseason to evaluate the young pups or install new systems, etc....others who feel they're close to a title (and Seahawks are seriously considered a potential SB champion this year) will try to get the team use to success, so to speak where they take control of the game from start to finish....much like the Broncos from '96-'98 did.

Having said that, fox summed it up perfectly by saying you'll win very few games where you turn the ball over 4 times regardless....and practically none when you do so against a good team.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #86
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
You were jumping all over folks including me for criticizing him in the game thread. Open up your eyes, criticizing a problem is not an issues. He's a 3rd year guy and it's time for him to step the F up. He should be better at blocking and fumbling is a huge issue for any team. If he can hold onto the ball, he'll be a weapon in the passing game but you can't make the club as a TE unless you can keep the $17 million dollar QB upright when you're called to stay in and protect.
I did not "jump all over you". I agreed it was a bad play but it shouldn't cloud the good he did too
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #87
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
I think some people just want something to b**** about.
either that or they are still butthurt the Broncos didn't select the guy who was on their personal draft wish list.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #88
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
What's funny is that these guys would've b****ed about TD his rookie season. Because what Ball did last night on those six runs is what TD did all season back in '96.

Hillman picked up 3, 4, or 5 yards a pop. Considering our passing game, that's fine. And eventually those 3-5 yard runs become 15-30 yard runs, especially when defenses back off to stop the pass.

And it seems it cannot be said enough. It is preseason. If people are that worked up over preseason I worry about them the next few months.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #89
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
That's a skewed article. Most of their scores came off our turnovers and special teams. I don't think the defense played that poorly. We got a turnover on downs and the second unit did some good things against their starting offense.
not to mention Tony Carter had an INT nullified by a penalty as well......

"Football is a game of errors....whoever makes the fewest errors wins the game" - Paul Brown
Old 08-18-2013, 11:48 AM   #90
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Hillman picked up 3, 4, or 5 yards a pop. Considering our passing game, that's fine. And eventually those 3-5 yard runs become 15-30 yard runs, especially when defenses back off to stop the pass.

And it seems it cannot be said enough. It is preseason. If people are that worked up over preseason I worry about them the next few months.

Well you have to remember we had many on here who wanted many players cut after a playoff loss. too many people tie their emotions to this team or it's players and that's why you see them go off the deep end when the team cuts or trades a player, or doesn't draft the guy they liked, or it spends/doesn't spend money on players in FA...etc.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:48 AM   #91
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
3. I swear, Manning still throws a wobbly ball. It's getting there, yes, but I don't like that wobble on every throw.
Eh, I think he's always been like that.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #92
Agamemnon

Quote:

Hillman's average was well below that actually. Though the bigger issue with him is that he fumbled the ball twice while both hands were on the ball. That's worrisome. Usually when a back fumbles its because he wasn't using both hands to secure it, but in this case it simply seems that Hillman's lack of size and strength caused two fumbles. And it doesn't really matter if they were or were not truly turnovers, or if the refs totally ****ed up the calls, the point is the guy failed on two separate occasions to hold on to the ball even though he was really trying.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:51 AM   #93
errand
Ring of Famer

as for the TE situation....

Julius Thomas isn't Joel Dreesen in the blocking department....but he's also not Joel Dreesen in the receiving department.

Shannon Sharpe was the same kind of player in his first few seasons....poor to adequate blocking, with superior athleticism and big play potential.

I'm guessing the coaches would take that trade off any day.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #94
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
He has.

Kurt Warner threw a bit of a wobbly pass as well.....but his accuracy and timing like Manning's was impeccable.

the toughest pass to defend is the precisely timed throw that is thrown accurately....
Old 08-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #95
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

I am glad we had this kind of game in the PS. With all the hype about being the favorite for the SB and being the best team in the league it was good for them to get their ass kicked on the road by a team that was (overtly) physical and excited to play. Hoping the players learned that they still have to take their play to another level if they want to make it to the SB.

Man Ram was just plain LAZY, after performing his 1st responsibility he took the rest of the play off and was out of position. He did not keep his feet or head moving and made no effort at all to look for late blitzers or find another body to block. On the fumble at the goal line with a little effort he could have pushed the ball carrier out the back of the endzone. Instead he stood there confused and gave up on the play. I didn't expect that kind of effort from a guy coached by Alex Gibbs.

Run game:
I liked our run game. Clady wasn't back there and Ram was half assing it. Hillman obviously needs to clean up the fumblitis but he made cuts that allowed decent gains out of nothing. Considering we are a pass 1st offense on the Goal line Fumble drive they were still able to pound the ball, pick up a 4th down and I didn't see anything that proved Hillman didn't have possession once he broke the plane, which is the chalk right(?) the nose broke the plane before it was hit from the TV view.
Run game will get better.

D:
Not a lot there I liked other than they kept that little chocolate Flutie guy bottled up as the game went on. They had terrible FP all 1st half which made scoring easy for them. Secondary was beaten a couple times. Lots of work still needed but this team is going to win by scoring points on O. A couple of timely stops will take most teams out of their game plan. Not overly worried yet.

ST's:
Terrible coverage. The block in the back could have gone either way. I think if a ref sees it and throws it he should stick by it especially if it is that close. The inexcuseable things were the punt coverages that allowed big returns. We need a gunner like Matt Willis to show up this year.

Passing O:
Was far superior to last years. Welker will be a force, DT made some great monster catches and Thomas had a big gainer that he fumbled but then came back and made a great catch over the middle. As long as Manning is healthy we should lead the league in passing.

Same things as last year still need to be resolved. Protecting the football, poor coverage, and limiting mistakes. Luckly for us they still have 2 games to work on before it gets reals.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:58 AM   #96
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers

Quote:
I agree. Injuries in the preseason aren't any less serious because the season hasn't started.

I honestly believe the Broncos were caught off-guard last night. It just seemed like the Seahawks took this game much more seriously, as if they wanted to send a message to the league and the Las Vegas favorites. Denver was looking at a glorified scrimmage, Seattle was looking at a playoff game.

In any event, some random thoughts I have are:

1. Ramirez is an abomination. The laziness in not downing the guy in the endzone is unforgivable, and a cuttable offense if he wasn't the only guy with the work at C.

2. Hillman hit the hole hard and looked decisive, but damn he can't break a tackle. Ball looked okay, not as good as I expected, but better than the beating he's taking on here.

4. Offense is going to be just fine, and will compensate for any injuries to the D for the time being.
Ahh
Attached Images

Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #97
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Maybe so, but I notice it more when it's one of our guys that does it. Apparently though, I forgot my good manners and Mane etiquette when I dared say something about Peyton Manning that isn't floral scented.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #98
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers

Quote:
Maybe so, but I notice it more when it's one of our guys that does it. Apparently though, I forgot my good manners and Mane etiquette when I dared say something about Peyton Manning that isn't floral scented.
The dude just set single season records for everything but ints. The wobble was there last year too. Give it a rest.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #99
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It's not a valid critique. He put up MVP numbers last year with wobblers, so why does this concern you enough to list it?
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #100
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
Ahh
You're right, his passes are lasers that go through brick walls. I simply made an observation that his wobbly passes look like they have trouble written all over them. I promise you, my saying anything less than 100% complimentary about Manning will have no effect on his performance.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote