The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2013, 10:28 PM   #1
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default Random thoughts from the Seahawks game

• I am obviously grateful that Wolfe is probably going to be ok. Not just as a football player, but as someone who uses his legs.
  • Hopefully Champ's injury isn't of the nagging kind in nature.
  • I am glad we faced a game like this early - one where there was a lot of adversity and things didn't go our way. The fumbles, bad calls, injuries - if felt like the Ravens game. There was even the safety corner whiff that allowed the receiver to score on the deep pass. Special teams didn't play well either. It was just a poor effort all around and will get the team to tighten things up before their home opener.
  • We definitely miss Clady. As soon as he returns the line will settle down.
  • The offense was effective except for Hillman's fumbling. I hope that Ball and the others have better security.
  • Welker was impressive. That's going to be a hard things for offense's to deal with.
  • Our Center situation isn't good. Lilja was pretty bad. Ramirez took plays off. It is unfortunate.
  • Nice to see Holliday get a good return.
  • We actually stymied their offense for a time. Things got out of control quickly, but we moved the ball and gave ourselves some chances. It's just when things blew up, they blew up big.
  • Expect tough practices on the team next week going into our first home game of the preseason.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #2
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Shabby, not too

Duke should of had a pick
Stewart Bradley brings back visions of Keith Brooking, no idea why Irving is not starting over him
Despite Manny being Manny the Oline I thought did well in pass pro
Montee Ball reminds me too much of Moreno....just a guy
Osweiler was disappointing. I know he had Cutler's number has year but that doesnt mean he has to throw picks like Cutler

Welker good great
Hillman looked decent; his fumbling needs to be addressed though
Orange Julius and DT looked great

Pete Carroll is a douche
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #3
Agamemnon

The only thing I feel any degree of certainty about from watching the first two preseason games is that Ronnie Hillman has no business starting for this team. The guy can't hold onto the ball even when he has two hands on it, is not that fast or agile considering his lack of size, and has zero power. If Ball isn't ready to take over the job fo whatever reason, I'd rather go with Moreno or bring back McGahee than roll with Hillman. Seriously, Hillman is no better than most the undrafted backs I've seen in Denver over the last decade (excluding Lance Ball).
Old 08-17-2013, 10:41 PM   #4
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

What happened to Vasquez? I didn't get to watch it.

Pittsburgh West seemed to be out in full force though.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #5
DenverDynamite

The officiating was crap. Hillman broke the plane.
Without the aid of two turnovers our starters for the most part held their own in a tough place to play against a team that didn't act like it was playing a preseason game. The Broncos need to work on some things but the game was not anywhere near as bad as the final score.

My bet is Wolfe will be okay, and that this game will have been forgotten after the Baltimore game.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:49 PM   #6
extralife
Ring of Famer

we certainly haven't seen any indications that this team will be capable of running the ball this year. I'd like McGahee back, because I know that guy can play. Hillman continues to look like ****, Ball is just kind of there, and Moreno is Moreno. the attempts to incorporate the outside zone play looked awful. on the plus side, the pistol might give us something.

if wolfe can't play football for an extended period of time our dline will be pretty terrible.

nothing positive to take out of this game that we didn't already know (Manning is still Manning, DT is still a freak, Welker will do Welker things).
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:50 PM   #7
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Manny Ramirez is not very good - on the 2nd drive he misread a block and doubled up on the DT letting Bobby Wagner through to tackle Hillman for a loss. He had every chance to force the touchback after Hillman fumbled but just stopped on the play for no reason.

Hillman needs to work on his ball security, he put the ball on the ground twice in 15 carries - that is a real worry. He looked decent running the ball when he held on to it though.

Bradley Stewart is almost as lost in coverage as Joe Mays - always 2 steps behind and he doesn't bring the heat against the run.

Aside from the first drive the offense looked good (the turnovers looked bad but very individual errors that can be eliminated).

The defensive line looked good (really hope Wolfe will be fine and can come back and play). Ayers looked good against Okung, he got some good pressure on that right side.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:51 PM   #8
Finger Roll
Ring of Famer

Thought the first string offense looked great just some fluky bs. 225 yards of offense in the first half against a top 5 d.

Hillman is awful. Never gets any yards after contact. Moreno is a much better back than him
Finger Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:17 PM   #9
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Roll View Post
Hillman is awful. Never gets any yards after contact. Moreno is a much better back than him
Hillman has been billed as an off-speed back since being drafted. This year he enters as our every down feature back? Its just not who he is. I never liked drafting him and have never seen the impact others seem to think he will bring to this team. I think Seattle got it right by trading for a guy like Lynch with a second and fourth round pick.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #10
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Other than the injuries, kinda glad to have the game go this way. Hopefully we don't have the combination of to's, bad special teams, and bad calls (this not including the fumble which I thought might have come out before the line) I'm one game this year. Hopefully this is getting the kinks out and makes them work harder to get ready for the season.

The OL is crap right now but Clady Will help. Hopefully C gets figured out.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:28 PM   #11
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Hillman wasn't great, but the 1st team run blocking was shieeet.

The only real concern I have offensively right now, other than the health of the online is RB. We don't have a feature back right now.

Hillman, looks small and doesn't run particularly instinctively

M. Ball, doesn't have nearly the pop I thought he would when we drafted him, although a pretty limited sample size.

Knowshon Moreno, already hurt, not fast or quick enough to outrun or make guys miss in space and not big enough, strong enough or durable enough to be a powerback.

No wonder Elway and Co. are signing somebody off of the street a couple weeks out from week one.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:37 PM   #12
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Relax people, M Ball will be the starter soon enough, and Hilman will be the back up. The telling stat is that M Ball got only 6 touches for an impressive 4.7 yds per carry against an excellent defense. Hilman got 13; heck, even L Ball got 7 for 2 yards.

I think the coaching staff is seeing growth in the kid each week and didn't need to see much more from him in a losing game. IDK if he starts before the Ravens game or after, but mark my words, he will start soon enough.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:45 PM   #13
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
  • I am obviously grateful that Wolfe is probably going to be ok. Not just as a football player, but as someone who uses his legs.
  • Hopefully Champ's injury isn't of the nagging kind in nature.
  • I am glad we faced a game like this early - one where there was a lot of adversity and things didn't go our way. The fumbles, bad calls, injuries - if felt like the Ravens game. There was even the safety corner whiff that allowed the receiver to score on the deep pass. Special teams didn't play well either. It was just a poor effort all around and will get the team to tighten things up before their home opener.
  • We definitely miss Clady. As soon as he returns the line will settle down.
  • The offense was effective except for Hillman's fumbling. I hope that Ball and the others have better security.
  • Welker was impressive. That's going to be a hard things for offense's to deal with.
  • Our Center situation isn't good. Lilja was pretty bad. Ramirez took plays off. It is unfortunate.
  • Nice to see Holliday get a good return.
  • We actually stymied their offense for a time. Things got out of control quickly, but we moved the ball and gave ourselves some chances. It's just when things blew up, they blew up big.
  • Expect tough practices on the team next week going into our first home game of the preseason.
Clady's return will probably be the biggest help and it's really noticeable right now without him in there. He'll basically lock down that left side for the most part one he returns. There's just such a huge difference in his talent level compared to the other scrubs that have been over there.

And honestly, I sure hope Kupe can be healthy because him playing center couldn't be any worse then what we've seen so far and I think the more reps he got there that he would improve rapidly.

I think we'll be totally fine on offense once the season starts.

I'm not putting a whole lot into this game. But I sure hope we can start to see some better luck in terms of injuries. This is getting stupid now.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:11 AM   #14
pricejj
jungle

Stewart Bradley and Terrance Knighton suck ass.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:12 AM   #15
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Probably a good wakeup call for us is all
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:12 AM   #16
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Guys, I just got propositioned by a tranny on my way home. It was gross and I laughed hardily.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:39 AM   #17
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
M. Ball, doesn't have nearly the pop I thought he would when we drafted him, although a pretty limited sample size.
I thought Ball looked very good in his limited number of carries. But then again I'm expecting a guy who hits the hole and consistently falls forward for yardage over and over again rather than a walking highlight reel. That's what Ball projects as: a yardage grinder/chain mover. I think some people are looking for things out of the guy that he has simply never shown in his football career, namely electrifying moves and big yardage plays.

For what it's worth he produced 28 yards on six carries for 4.7 yards per carry. That's the kind of production we need out of our running back, assuming he can do it consistently.

Last edited by Agamemnon; 08-18-2013 at 02:42 AM..
Old 08-18-2013, 02:53 AM   #18
capt. Jack

Our D must start giving the opposition some ZERO BURGERS, We have been giving up way to many points again.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:08 AM   #19
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

You can write Hillman off. He's not an NFL starter at RB. You can write off the center position its going to derail the offense often this yr. Its not only bad, its friggin horrible. Its so bad you could say we have the worst starting center in the NFL. I don't know thats true but if we aren't worst we are in the bottom 5 for sure. Friggin horrid is how the bkup LT looks also. Clark has to play this yr Manning will get destroyed.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:09 AM   #20
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

None of the Broncos backs look good Agememnon. At times the look decent but Ball looks NFL slow IMO. Compared to top end rbs in the NFL he looks slow.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:28 AM   #21
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
None of the Broncos backs look good Agememnon. At times the look decent but Ball looks NFL slow IMO. Compared to top end rbs in the NFL he looks slow.
Dude, go to bed. I can smell the alcohol wafting from your posts.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:44 AM   #22
kent156
King of the Ants

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Stewart Bradley and Terrance Knighton suck ass.

I don't know if its coaching but Bradley seem too focus on the run and just let ppl run by him
kent156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:44 AM   #23
Cackalacky B
Just Drafted

NC's biggest Bronco fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Disappointed!!!!

Didn't see much push at all on either side of the line. The Seahawks made us looks like a bunch of Sallies out there. I want to see some Nasty out there, they looked like a bunch of fat guys standing around. I'm talking to you Chris Clark and Manny Ramirez.

Anyone without Orphan Annie eyeballs could have seen Irving outplayed Bradley AGAIN. It appeared when Nate came in he played mostly MLB so I'm not so sure they are prepping him for Von's spot. Bradley seems slow to react, kinda gets frozen and the play goes by him. Nate needs to play with the 1's next week.

I hope Manning stays healthy because Brock doesn't look like a pro qb yet in game situations. I know the O-line was a turnstile all night but at some point you have to feel the pressure and adjust. He holds on to the football like he is earning interest on it and had all the mobility of a cigar store indian.

...and after further review Pete Carroll is still The Ultimate Tool
Cackalacky B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:06 AM   #24
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Hillman needs bigger hands.

It's gotten to the point now I'm assuming he'll fumble on every carry.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:37 AM   #25
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Cutitout you're forgetting Walton comes back at the end of October.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote