The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #226
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I BET KUBES WOULD PICK HIM UP
Could be. He and Shanny watch us like crazy. Shanny stole our Timmy Teebs read option offense.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #227
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
Agreed. I don't want to trash LAnce Ball because he's probably a cool guy and all that, but if the team was really in a pinch, they could find probably a dozen or so Lance Balls--including the real thing in free agency.

I think Johnson's running style is too similar to Hillman's. Anderson is a load and he looks at home in a 1-cut ZBS.
This is what many posters here are not considering and it is why we will keep him on the 53 man roster IMO
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #228
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

I'd be awfully hesitant about keeping an injured rookie UDFA back on the active roster based on 1 good half against scrubs and a couple of good training camp practices. Stash him on the practice squad. If he gets picked up, so be it. Bottom line is we have three high draft RB's on the roster that need to produce. If one of these guys get hurt or really sucks, I'm sure Willis is sitting by the phone.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #229
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
rather have an injured (for 2-3 weeks to begin the season) CJ Anderson on the team than a healthy Lance Ball or Jeremiah Johnson. And yes, I'm basing this on how he obtained 69 preseason yards and seeing him 1 day at camp.
I'd rather have him on the PS and not tie up a roster spot for a 4th back who's injured. Just me though.

We certainly aren't as deep at other positions.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #230
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
I'd rather have him on the PS and not tie up a roster spot for a 4th back who's injured. Just me though.

I'm going off recent history and assuming Denver keeps 4 RBs. Rather have a high-upside RB as the 4th option than Lance/JJ/Hester. definitely understand not wanting to keep a guy who might be shelved for the first few games, but like I said I think Denver could get pick up a guy like Lance or as someone else said McGahee if they are in a pinch. It's going to be interesting to see how the FO feels come opening day.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #231
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post

Honestly, I think CJ will be relegated to the practice squad due to the injury, but I wouldn't complain if they kept him over Lance Ball, even if he is injured. I can't stand Lance Ball.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #232
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

put CJ on IR, make sure he heals up then worry about what to do with him...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #233
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Honestly, I think CJ will be relegated to the practice squad due to the injury, but I wouldn't complain if they kept him over Lance Ball, even if he is injured. I can't stand Lance Ball.
I hope more than anything Lance gets cut.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #234
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
rather have an injured (for 2-3 weeks to begin the season) CJ Anderson on the team than a healthy Lance Ball or Jeremiah Johnson. And yes, I'm basing this on how he obtained 69 preseason yards and seeing him 1 day at camp.
What happened to him? I didn't see anything about him getting hurt.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #235
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
put CJ on IR, make sure he heals up then worry about what to do with him...
IR for a 4-6 week injury?
Old 08-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #236
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
IR for a 4-6 week injury?
Once on IR does he have to stay there for the entire season? If the Broncos aren't gonna put Q. Smith on IR and the Broncos are gonna bring Walton back from IR, then why not put CJ on IR, call it a year and then bring him back next season. If the Broncos cut him while he's injured won't they have to pay him out for the injury anyway? This way they can monitor his progress, keep him in house and then try it again next year.

Or, can they put him on IR and then release him once he's healed up, hope no one picks him up and then maybe if Moreno or another RB goes down with an injury, they can bring him back? Or better yet, put him on IR and keep him on IR until another RB goes down with an injury and then release CJ, hope no one signs him, and then bring him back on the team, or is that illegal?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #237
extralife
Ring of Famer

You get one half year IR slot these days
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:07 AM   #238
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
5. RB C.J. Anderson (California), Broncos: Anderson is a 5-8, 225-pound fireplug who is sudden with good change of direction and is turning heads in Denver. He will not clear waivers if the club tries to get him to the practice squad. Anderson sprained his knee this week and will miss a few weeks recovering, but remains in the mix.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...-not-unnoticed
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:26 AM   #239
Stuck in Cali

Going to be interesting to see what the FO does with this kid.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:39 AM   #240
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
6. WR Lamaar Thomas (New Mexico), Broncos: Anytime Peyton Manning sits down to talk football with me and says he's impressed with an undrafted rookie I take notice. Thomas can run routes and looks like he can make things happen after the catch.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:46 AM   #241
dictionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck in Cali View Post
Going to be interesting to see what the FO does with this kid.
I could see him getting stashed while he heals. This might open the door for Sproles type packages for Holliday--which would be pretty sweet.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #242
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Word is ( Klis of DP) that the Broncos are going to sign a RB this week ( McGahee?).

Assuming that they do, then I think it means they will IR Anderson till next year, when the cutdowns happen later this month. When you see the way CJ was running, and moving forward after contact, he ( not Ball, Bell or Hillman) most closely looks like what a healthy McGahee offered to the team. Add in his one cut ability. And maybe McGahee being cut in the first place was somewhat because of what Anderson showed in OTAs and the start of camp.

Since Walton is already the designated 6 week IR guy for the team they can't
use that for Anderson. And it is likely that trying to slip him through waivers to put on the PS will result in some team ( Washington or Houston especially, or the damn Patriots) trying to snatch him away, if not right away , then later in the season.

If Denver signs a BIG back this week then he will replace CJ in the teams plans for this year. My bet is IR.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #243
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Some writer today (Kirwin?) said there's no way CJ would make it through waivers.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:23 AM   #244
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Maybe i shoulda read the rest of the thread
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote