The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #51
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
If you read the medical comments I posted about this case, it's quite clear.
Not really. What others experience or do doesn't mean THESE people in THIS case did. They medically mismanaged her top to bottom and this is being ignored in pursuit of a religious angle.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #52
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Not really. What others experience or do doesn't mean THESE people in THIS case did. They medically mismanaged her top to bottom and this is being ignored in pursuit of a religious angle by me.
FYP
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #53
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
How does this contradict anything I said? And what is my "agenda"?
You were complaining about lack of ability for women to find abortions in the U.S., when in fact the U.S. has the most liberal abortion laws in the world,
Except for China, where they only allow you to have 1 child, which encourages people to kill baby girls.

Good luck finding a doctor anywhere in the world who is going to abort a baby as late as you would have them. They don't want to be psychologically scarred for life. Would you do it? I don't think so.

Plus, when a woman is having complications during child birth (if I understand the OP correctly), and doctors are forced to operate, it's called a cesarian, not an abortion. Your premise is all wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
And our laws have determined 24-28 weeks as the general rule. Those laws protect the minority from the will of the majority.

Allowing a small segment of the population to kill their babies whenever they feel like, doesn't "protect" anybodies individual rights, no matter how much you try to twist it.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #54
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Allowing a small segment of the population to kill their babies whenever they feel like, doesn't "protect" anybodies individual rights, no matter how much you try to twist it.
Actually, it does, according to the Supreme Court.

You have every right to disagree with it and work to change the law under the legally prescribed means in the Constitution.

Just warning you, though...everyone who has tried to go down that road has failed, and more are failing every day.

If you truly want to actually reduce the number of abortions instead of just paying lip service and pretending you care, you'd do more research into why people get abortions (i.e. not claiming they get them "whenever they feel like"), and then come up with some solutions that will actually fix the problem.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #55
nyuk nyuk

If only liberals were this rabid about naming religion when it comes to Islam! LMAO...
Old 08-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #56
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
FYP
Very honest of you. Kudos.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:17 AM   #57
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Actually, it does, according to the Supreme Court.
Right to kill? Never heard of that one.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:15 AM   #58
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
You were complaining about lack of ability for women to find abortions in the U.S., when in fact the U.S. has the most liberal abortion laws in the world,
Except for China, where they only allow you to have 1 child, which encourages people to kill baby girls.

Good luck finding a doctor anywhere in the world who is going to abort a baby as late as you would have them. They don't want to be psychologically scarred for life. Would you do it? I don't think so.

Plus, when a woman is having complications during child birth (if I understand the OP correctly), and doctors are forced to operate, it's called a cesarian, not an abortion. Your premise is all wrong.
You clearly misread my post, and to the extent you did read it you didn't understand it. Try again.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:17 AM   #59
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
Nope, I've actually been quite vocal about banning abortion in ALL instances (except the ones most commonly discussed). However, until you're willing to address the reasons why people get abortions, it's pointless to talk about banning it, because it won't actually reduce the number of abortions one bit.

Meanwhile, since you bring up an issue and state that both international and US opinion on the matter is important, let's acknowledge US and global opinion on other things, such as:

- The US is one of 4 countries including Lesotho, Swaziland and Papua New Guinea that do not offer paid maternity leave. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2617284.html

- The US is the only developed country in the western hemisphere that still uses the death penalty. http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/abol...nist-countries

- The US is one of the few developed countries in the western hemisphere that does not offer universal healthcare. http://www.theatlantic.com/internati...-on-it/259153/

- The US is the only developed country that does not gauranteed paid vacation days. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...n-or-holidays/

So spare me your "we're not in line with the rest of the world" BS. There are plenty of areas where the US isn't in line with the rest of the world, and you and yours are perfectly fine looking the other way.
The U.S. is still the best example of the classical liberal philosophy of our Founders. The world is gaining liberties over time as the U.S. is losing them. So we are all becoming closer in line as we grow towards globalism.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #60
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
The U.S. is still the best example of the classical liberal philosophy of our Founders. The world is gaining liberties over time as the U.S. is losing them. So we are all becoming closer in line as we grow towards globalism.
We need to always remember that the Founders lived in the pre-industrial age, the end of the agrarian era.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:04 AM   #61
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Apparently there are only two states left in the country, Colorado and Florida, that still have individual Doctors providing late-term abortions. The anti-abortion movement has pretty much run the rest of them out of business (or, you know, murdered them). Sounds okay (except perhaps the murder part) until you realize that sometimes a late term procedure is needed for the health or safety of the mother or an unborn twin, and in those cases people have very limited options. It's the kind of thing almost nobody considers in their anti-abortion fervor. The link below details one such story.

http://www.pajiba.com/think_pieces/a...heartbreak.php
Give an example of a valid medical indication for the intrauterine destruction of a viable fetus, instead of terminating pregnancy via induction or Caesarian section.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #62
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Give an example of a valid medical indication for the intrauterine destruction of a viable fetus, instead of terminating pregnancy via induction or Caesarian section.
It's always been a crazy idea to me that in cases where a viable baby needs to be removed from the mother for her health, killing it on the way out performs some sort of miraculous healing benefit.

Yes there's a risk in the delivery. But I doubt it's any more of a risk than a late termination already is.