The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #26
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
37 of 50 U.S. States allow abortion after 24 weeks.

But, by all means, keep pushing that agenda.
How does this contradict anything I said? And what is my "agenda"?
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #27
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Never let facts get in the way of your baby-killing agenda TonyR.

71% of U.S. Citizens believe that abortion should generally be illegal in the 2nd Trimester (week 13), which would fit right in with 99% of the rest of the world.

Get a freaking clue, dude. You are so far out of touch with reality that it's not even funny.
What facts are "getting in my way"? How does any of this change the point of my post, that when women do need an emergency late term procedure that they have very limited options?

What clue don't I have? Where/how am I "out of touch with reality"? I'm the one pointing out a reality you never considered. I'm well aware of the "realities" you're posting. So I think you have this all exactly backwards.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #28
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
They choose to allow abortions......now, after decades of politicians ignoring the Irish Supreme court and another needless death. How dare they!!

Ireland Enacts Law Providing For Abortion, A First

by
July 30, 2013 2:26 PM

Ireland now has its first law making abortion legal in the country under specific conditions, after President Michael D. Higgins signed the Protection of Life During Pregnancy Bill 2013 into law Tuesday........

.......The legislation comes after an incident last fall, when as The Irish Times' John Waters says, "a woman died in hospital in Galway as a result, it was said, of a failure to give her an abortion when she requested one and when this would've saved her life."

That incident, which came to be known as the Halappanavar case after the late Savita Halappanavar, "caused a huge controversy which drew attention to the lack of clarity in the law and most politicians preferred not to have to deal with," Waters told NPR's Rachel Martin on .

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...ortion-a-first
Context! In that post I was referring to doctors in the US who choose on their free will to not participate in abortions.

This sounds like a classic malpractice suit more than anything else, unless you think mismanagement of sepsis has something to do with one's religion?
Old 08-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #29
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
WTF is wrong with you??
Nothing at all. I was making an accurate appraisal of the state of modern mass migration.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #30
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I understand this is a REAL contentious issue. Maybe you are one of the people who has been convinced that unrestricted abortion should generally be legal. I don't know how you could be convinced of that, but there are a lot of things people do which I don't understand.

1. The U.S. is one of the FEW places in the entire world that you can legally get a general abortion after the 13 weeks.
2. Only 21% of U.S. adults believe in general abortion after 13 weeks.
Nope, I've actually been quite vocal about banning abortion in ALL instances (except the ones most commonly discussed). However, until you're willing to address the reasons why people get abortions, it's pointless to talk about banning it, because it won't actually reduce the number of abortions one bit.

Meanwhile, since you bring up an issue and state that both international and US opinion on the matter is important, let's acknowledge US and global opinion on other things, such as:

- The US is one of 4 countries including Lesotho, Swaziland and Papua New Guinea that do not offer paid maternity leave. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2617284.html

- The US is the only developed country in the western hemisphere that still uses the death penalty. http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/abol...nist-countries

- The US is one of the few developed countries in the western hemisphere that does not offer universal healthcare. http://www.theatlantic.com/internati...-on-it/259153/

- The US is the only developed country that does not gauranteed paid vacation days. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...n-or-holidays/

So spare me your "we're not in line with the rest of the world" BS. There are plenty of areas where the US isn't in line with the rest of the world, and you and yours are perfectly fine looking the other way.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #31
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Take glee in your judgment of others. That's what you seem to excel at.
You and yours have judged and attacked me nearly endlessly since I got here, accusing me of being some man in Texas as well as a closeted homosexual and now all of a sudden you recoil with a tear and an ouchie because I hurt your feelers after you put weird words in my mouth attributing to me an idea which I did not express which is that this woman "asked for it"?!

Do I need to buy dictionaries for you people? You clearly don't know what judging is. Hint: You're doing it. You have been.

Yougottabekiddinme.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #32
TonyR
Franchise Poster

^ Prepare for pricejj's rage filled, spittle flecked response which addresses none of what you said.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:18 AM   #33
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Nothing at all. I was making an accurate appraisal of the state of modern mass migration.
At first, I thought you made a good point. There are other places worse than Ireland. We could make a long list of countries and why we wouldn't want to move to them. Taking a closer look, Ireland isn't to blame for this death. They legalized abortions 20 years ago when the mother's life is threatened. This is just a case of a single hospital being negligent.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:18 AM   #34
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
^ Prepare for pricejj's rage filled, spittle flecked response which addresses none of what you said.
I got two words for him:

Jared Crick.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #35
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Of course you were, it's just a coincidence that this thread is about a professional couple working in Ireland.

Quote:
You move to a place where you hate their views and expect them to bend their will to you? Brilliant. Deliciously arrogant.
DenverBrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:23 AM   #36
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Of course you were, it's just a coincidence that this thread is about a professional couple working in Ireland.
And? If I don't like Muslim views and the way they run their government and hospitals, guess what? I'm not going to move to a Muslim country.

However I tend to think this case wasn't so much about religion as it was good old fashioned medical malpractice.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #37
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
At first, I thought you made a good point. There are other places worse than Ireland. We could make a long list of countries and why we wouldn't want to move to them. Taking a closer look, Ireland isn't to blame for this death. They legalized abortions 20 years ago when the mother's life is threatened. This is just a case of a single hospital being negligent.
The Supreme Court ruled 20 years ago, but no laws were enacted until this year, AFTER this woman's death.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #38
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
I looked up on the results of the investigation of this case and I agree. I suspect this is another case of pet cause liberal media spinning this issue into both one of abortion, anti-Christian hysteria, and alleged racism. It doesn't surprise me, it's pretty standard fare anymore.

They found that the hospital mismanaged treatment for her sepsis. Sepsis has nothing to do with race or religion, but the usual group of angry frothing idiots will see the spin on this and use it as evidence for their already in place hostile view.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:26 AM   #39
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
And? If I don't like Muslim views and the way they run their government and hospitals, guess what? I'm not going to move to a Muslim country.

However I tend to think this case wasn't so much about religion as it was good old fashioned medical malpractice.
Then why did you bring up religion in the first place?

You do an awful lot of "but I'm not talking about X" after you've already conveniently talked about X and want to change the subject on this site.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:26 AM   #40
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
The Supreme Court ruled 20 years ago, but no laws were enacted until this year, AFTER this woman's death.
It doesn't mean those laws were in play here. What does this have to do with their mismanagement of her sepsis? We have specific sepsis protocols where I work; one for ICU patients and another for non-ICU. Perhaps they don't have a standardized protocol at this place?
Old 08-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #41
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:

Then you need to read about Ireland and its long standing Catholic opposition to abortion, that until this year, outlawed ALL abortion. Too late to help this woman, who couldn't possibly have anticipated this medical emergency when she agreed to work in Ireland.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #42
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Then why did you bring up religion in the first place?

You do an awful lot of "but I'm not talking about X" after you've already conveniently talked about X and want to change the subject on this site.
I didn't bring it up. The people who are taking the angle of what the journalist said about it did. How is that me? I'm not allowed to comment on something someone else says? Is this a new thing here?
Old 08-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #43
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Then you need to read about Ireland and its long standing Catholic opposition to abortion, that until this year, outlawed ALL abortion. Too late to help this woman, who couldn't possibly have anticipated this medical emergency when she agreed to work in Ireland.
I already know that, hun. I did look.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #44
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
It doesn't mean those laws were in play here. What does this have to do with their mismanagement of her sepsis? We have specific sepsis protocols where I work; one for ICU patients and another for non-ICU. Perhaps they don't have a standardized protocol at this place?
If you read the medical comments I posted about this case, it's quite clear.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #45
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
I already know that, hun. I did look.
And yet you think Religion (Catholicism) isn't involved?
Old 08-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #46
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I didn't bring it up. The people who are taking the angle of what the journalist said about it did. How is that me? I'm not allowed to comment on something someone else says? Is this a new thing here?
The third post in this thread (your first) wasn't about religion?

The eleventh post in this thread (your second) wasn't about religion?

The twelfth post in this thread (your third) wasn't about religion?

The thirteenth post in this thread (your fourth) wasn't about religion?

Like I said, you do an awful lot of "I'm talking about X, now let's not talk about X" on this site.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #47
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Nope, I've actually been quite vocal about banning abortion in ALL instances (except the ones most commonly discussed). However, until you're willing to address the reasons why people get abortions, it's pointless to talk about banning it, because it won't actually reduce the number of abortions one bit.
Nobody is talking about banning abortion except you. If you are "allegedly" so against 2nd term abortion, why do you only vote for people in favor of it?

Why question "bending" your will to changing abortion laws? Something doesn't line up with what you publicly say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Go insult somebody else, man.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #48
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Why question "bending" your will to changing abortion?
It's called the Madisonian Dilemma. Look it up.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #49
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
It's called the Madisonian Dilemma. Look it up.
Reconciling majority rule with individual rights?

I have no doubt that the majority will reconcile individual civil rights eventually or the system won't last. Natural law will prevail, it always does.

Those who oppose all fail miserably, they always have.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #50
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Reconciling majority rule with individual rights?

I have no doubt that the majority will reconcile individual civil rights eventually or the system won't last. Natural law will prevail, it always does.

Those who oppose all fail miserably, they always have.
And our laws have determined 24-28 weeks as the general rule. Those laws protect the minority from the will of the majority.