The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #801
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I'm just here to bask in Mediator's glow.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #802
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I'm just here to bask in Mediator's glow.
Dude. You're so close to 50k.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #803
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
What makes you think I give a rat's ass about being right? What do the people who are constantly pounding their chests here about being right do with that information once they've logged off other than desperately cling to it until their self-esteem deflates back to normal?
I'm always right in real life too.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #804
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
What makes you think I give a rat's ass about being right? What do the people who are constantly pounding their chests here about being right do with that information once they've logged off other than desperately cling to it until their self-esteem deflates back to normal?
This topic would die if we didnt have morons like Beavis & co. in here carving out excuse upon excuse for this guy. Then we would simply close it with, 'Tebow is garbage. Some of us saw the writing on the wall early while some needed some time to really be convinced of his suckage.' And that would be the end of it.

Instead we are still dealing with denial of something that is rather obvious.
Jekyll15Hyde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #805
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Dude, me thinks you doth protest too much. I wasn't slamming you, I said 100% of the people on this board want to be right about something. The problem is, uh, overreacting when someone disagrees. Any one post by anyone on this board can be construed as wanting to be right. The idiots lose it by name calling, overreaction, plus trying to slam their opinion down everyones throat with their interpretations and name calling.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #806
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

They need to change the thread title to the peacepipe told you so thread. As I have said all along,Tebow was a bust from the get go.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:50 PM   #807
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Tebow is by far the worst player in the NFL.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:55 PM   #808
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

MacGruder has a new gig over at Patriots planet. He is Demosthenes. The rest of the board is done with Teebs
Jekyll15Hyde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:02 PM   #809
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

As a official member of NGST , The Not Giving a $hit about Tebow.
I must say that both the ones that keep talking about him to stir up his fans , and his fans who overlook his flaws and think he's better than he is are equally moronic.
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #810
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Yeah, but don't you do that every draft?

I had no problem with the selection because like many of his supporters I originally thought his uber work ethic, excellent leadership skills, never-say-die attitude and high character would enable him to overcome his alleged throwing motion obstacles....

his resume' was impeccable as he was a battled tested QB who had won two titles, had a high completion rate, and set numerous scoring records. I'm not a huge college football fan, but numerous friends and relatives are and they spoke highly of him.

I didn't think he was ready in 2011, but Orton played himself out of a job. I even said that if they made the switch to Tebow they needed to make it permanent as jerking him in and out of the lineup would slow his development.

however after watching him struggle to complete even the most simple passes and constantly throw passes that Drunken Broncoholic says "have a mind of their own" I quickly soured on him, despite him being a great leader, locker room presence, and a PR person's wet dream.....he's a good guy...but, yeah, he's a bad QB.
Personally, I thought he showed a lot of promise in his rookie season, and his second season I felt his regression must've been the result of poor handling by the new coaching staff. But now, I'm honestly starting to think the guy's reported learning disability(ies) pretty much prevents him from learning playbooks effectively or being able to read defenses. The guy is a 100% sandlot football player, and thus the cerebral aspects of being an NFL QB completely elude him as far as I can tell. It's too bad really.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:48 PM   #811
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

How did he actually do tonight (objectivly) I couldn't be bothered to watch?
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:05 AM   #812
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
Really bad.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:20 AM   #813
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

If other players get cut, and Tebow somehow makes the team. That's a real shame.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:19 AM   #814
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Poor dude should have never tried to change his throwing mechanics. Never saw passes like that when he was in college. He's seemingly done irreversible damage to his throwing motion by this point. That kind of play in a whole half of a preseason game is just... damn. And to some degree, it's getting to the point of being unfair for other players -- like low-depth receivers -- who are trying to make the team by proving what they got.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:38 AM   #815
DENVERDUI55

Tebow would have a spot in the league if he wasn't so selfish and switch to a different position.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #816
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
He achieved a 0.0 QB rating. No ****.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:06 AM   #817
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

He looked awful and his mechanics look really bad, still has very poor footwork when throwing.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #818
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
He looked awful and his mechanics look really bad, still has very poor footwork when throwing.
^hater
Old 08-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #819
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

I'm so glad we have Oz!
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #820
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
I'm so glad we have Oz!
I know right? Hard to imagine we have clowns on here who still can see how much further Brock is in his development vs. Tebow and hate that we traded Tebow and drafted him.

Hopefully he'll develop into a franchise QB, and we'll be set for the next decade and a half.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #821
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer

They should have just let him be. He's so screwed up now. He'll never be close to what he was(not saying a lot)a couple of years ago.
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:12 PM   #822
rmsanger
Ring of Famer

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

insert: price is right fail horn
rmsanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:12 PM   #823
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDongJohnson View Post
Tebow is by far the worst player in the NFL.
Oh, I don't know. He may be the worst QB, but even that is open to debate.

When McCoy designed an offense specifically around Tebow, things got pretty exciting around here.

Belichick isn't going to make any real effort to accommodate Tebows' talents, so he's bound to flounder in that vertical attack.

Tebow is determined to remain a QB, so unless someone is willing to design a run-option scheme for Tebow as Denver did in 2011' Tebow will remain a punch line for bad QBing.

It's unfortunate because he does have athletic skills.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:19 PM   #824
Drunken.Broncoholic

McCoy designed something but what I saw was exactly what happened yesterday for 3 quarters of games. Plenty of those 3 and outs, dirt passes, sacks taken yesterday(and 1st game) that looked all too familiar. It wasn't until something crazy and unbelievable happened late in games that it turned into a win.

Handicapping an offense to mask the deficiencies of a QB does not equal success at the pro level.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 08-17-2013 at 12:26 PM..
Old 08-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #825
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
Poor dude should have never tried to change his throwing mechanics. Never saw passes like that when he was in college. He's seemingly done irreversible damage to his throwing motion by this point. That kind of play in a whole half of a preseason game is just... damn. And to some degree, it's getting to the point of being unfair for other players -- like low-depth receivers -- who are trying to make the team by proving what they got.
I've wondered about that myself. It really does seem like the more he's been coached to do things the traditional way the worse he gets. Which is very odd, but when I look at the way he looks now versus the way he looked in college and in his rookie season, it's like I'm looking at a totally different player. I mean it is really hard to imagine the guy making plays like this now: