The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 05:34 PM   #201
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
People knew this guy existed before that game? He was an UDFA!

Most people here didn't even know who he was.
Most people here aren't front office guys either. What does the OM's collective knowledge of a player have to do with front offices doing their own due diligence on players entering the draft?
Old 08-16-2013, 05:38 PM   #202
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I got as far as post 1 before I found someone who didn't know who he was before this game.
And last time I checked, most is not all. I didnt know who he was prior to him becoming a Bronco, but once he was signed, i assume i watched the same Youtube videos as everyone else.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #203
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
If a team wants him they have to sign him to their 53 man roster. As he wouldn't know that team's playbook at all and would be several weeks from being healthy enough to play, this is highly unlikely. Practice squads are often full of guys who looked good in the preseason against scrubs. CJ has done nothing as of yet to change the minds of all the teams that did not draft him.
He's done NOTHING? He did SOMETHING! You can argue he hasn't done enough yet, but you don't think he raised an eye brow or two among scouts?
Old 08-16-2013, 08:17 PM   #204
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Lol you actually think that was enough to sway the minds of all the scouts that passed him up in seven rounds? They passed up a healthy CJ, not one out with a strained MCL.

Whats your problem ?

Does it make you seriously happy that a guy who was showing real promise got hurt ?

The injury changes nothing.

The kid was doing in TC exactly what he did in that one game.

If given the opportunity he will continue to get better.

Like I said if he is cut someone else will pick him up regardless of 4 week injury. I'll bet on it................
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #205
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

I BET KUBES WOULD PICK HIM UP
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:50 PM   #206
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
He's done NOTHING? He did SOMETHING! You can argue he hasn't done enough yet, but you don't think he raised an eye brow or two among scouts?
Not really no. The guy showed flashes in college and he showed a flash in one meaningless preseason game against scrubs who will mostly be out of the league when the season starts. I don't think much has changed in terms of how scouts view him.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:54 PM   #207
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
Most people here aren't front office guys either. What does the OM's collective knowledge of a player have to do with front offices doing their own due diligence on players entering the draft?
And that is exactly why no team is going to do a 180 on the guy after one good showing in the back half of a preseason game. Simply put, it's going to take a hell of a lot more than that before another team uses up a roster spot to steal him from our practice squad, especially after getting injured.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:16 AM   #208
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Lol you actually think that was enough to sway the minds of all the scouts that passed him up in seven rounds? They passed up a healthy CJ, not one out with a strained MCL.
i get what you are trying to say, but give me a break on the he was bypassed in the draft crap. the draft is a joke in predicting the talent of a player or how a player will turn out in the NFL.

look at this organization as an example.

TD who could have gone down as one of if not the greatest back in history was overlooked for 6 rounds

Rod Smith our best receiver ever was undrafted.

Shannon Sharpe a 7th rounder.

Zimmerman a 12th rounder(side note, can anyone imagine watching a draft that long?)

just because scouts or teams didn't see fit to use a pick on him doesn't mean he has no value. he was showing good skills and working his way onto possibly being this year's UDFA that made the team. i am upset injury happened before he could show more and possibly take Hester or Lance Ball's roster spot. i hope the team can stash him on the practice squad and let him keep getting reps so later in the season if he makes strides or next season he can contribute to the team.
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:28 AM   #209
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i get what you are trying to say, but give me a break on the he was bypassed in the draft crap. the draft is a joke in predicting the talent of a player or how a player will turn out in the NFL.

TD who could have gone down as one of if not the greatest back in history was overlooked for 6 rounds

Zimmerman a 12th rounder(side note, can anyone imagine watching a draft that long?)

just because scouts or teams didn't see fit to use a pick on him doesn't mean he has no value. he was showing good skills and working his way onto possibly being this year's UDFA that made the team. i am upset injury happened before he could show more and possibly take Hester or Lance Ball's roster spot. i hope the team can stash him on the practice squad and let him keep getting reps so later in the season if he makes strides or next season he can contribute to the team.

I think you are thinking of Mecklenburg

Gary Wayne Zimmerman (born December 13, 1961) is a former American football offensive lineman in the National Football League.[1] Zimmerman played for the Minnesota Vikings from 1986 to 1992 and for the Denver Broncos from 1993 to 1997.[2] He was selected to the Pro Bowl seven times and was an All-Pro selection eight times. He attended Walnut High School and the University of Oregon whereby he was inducted into the Oregon Sports Hall of Fame in 2002.[3]
Contents [hide]
1 USFL
2 NFL career
3 Final Years
4 References
5 External links
USFL[edit source | editbeta]

In 1984, Zimmerman was drafted in the second round (36th overall) by the Los Angeles Express in the 1984 USFL Collegiate Draft.[4] He subsequently signed with the Express on February 13, 1984 and went onto play in 17 games that season, starting all 17 at left tackle. His Express teammate was future Pro Football Hall of Famer, QB Steve Young. The Express lost in the USFL Semi-Finals to the Arizona Wranglers to end a 10-8 regular season. In 1985, Zimmerman suited up again with the Express, playing in 18 games (starting 17) with a 3-15 club that ended up out of the USFL playoff picture.[5]
After the USFL folded in August 1986, Zimmerman joined the Minnesota Vikings after they obtained his rights from the New York Giants who drafted him in the 1984 NFL Supplemental Draft of USFL and CFL Players.[6]
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:16 AM   #210
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Dude I'm putting you on ignore just so I don't have to look at your avatar.
I'll second that
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:18 AM   #211
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Whats your problem ?

Does it make you seriously happy that a guy who was showing real promise got hurt ?

The injury changes nothing.

The kid was doing in TC exactly what he did in that one game.

If given the opportunity he will continue to get better.

Like I said if he is cut someone else will pick him up regardless of 4 week injury. I'll bet on it................
If you're saying things like that you are far too delusional to have a reasonable discussion with.

Where have I indicated that I am happy about his injury? I have maintained all along that I'd like to see more than one preseason game, in which he ran against 3rd/4th line scrubs, before I hail him the next TD.

Every preseason there has to be one goomba like you that is ready to hail a guy who TO THIS POINT hasn't proven anything other than he deserves a few more reps in the preseason against 1st/2nd line Ds. He will no longer be given that opportunity.

CJ is this year's Omon

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106490

Baja, remember when we had a discussion about people blowing their loads all over the guy...... ^^^

Last edited by canadianbroncosfan; 08-17-2013 at 07:52 AM..
Old 08-17-2013, 07:31 AM   #212
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post

Yes and no. Far more UDFA go on to delivering pizzas and selling cell phones than those that make NFL clubs.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:10 AM   #213
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
If you're saying things like that you are far too delusional to have a reasonable discussion with.

Where have I indicated that I am happy about his injury? I have maintained all along that I'd like to see more than one preseason game, in which he ran against 3rd/4th line scrubs, before I hail him the next TD.

Every preseason there has to be one goomba like you that is ready to hail a guy who TO THIS POINT hasn't proven anything other than he deserves a few more reps in the preseason against 1st/2nd line Ds. He will no longer be given that opportunity.

CJ is this year's Omon

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106490

Baja, remember when we had a discussion about people blowing their loads all over the guy...... ^^^

I said I would bet. Put up or shut up...............

Some of you clowns must be republican cause you want to deny

recent history.

Broncos have many examples of low draft or

undrafted guys showing up big for us.

Your denial of what the guy has shown and your own verbage tell

me your a twenty something who thinks they know it all.

Bet or stop this............
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:26 AM   #214
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Starters Chris Harris, Wesley Woodyard, Duke Ihenacho, and Wes Welker were all UDFA's. Even starters like Kevin Vickerson, and Joel Dreessen were afterthoughts in the draft.

Other UDFA's expected to make the final 53: Trindon Holliday, Matt Prater, Britton Colquitt, Ryan Lilja, Chris Clark, Mitch Unrein, Steven Johnson, Mike Adams.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #215
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
And that is exactly why no team is going to do a 180 on the guy after one good showing in the back half of a preseason game. Simply put, it's going to take a hell of a lot more than that before another team uses up a roster spot to steal him from our practice squad, especially after getting injured.
I'm not saying he will or won't be picked up. But there are plenty of really good players--even as recent as Arian Foster who went undrafted (Price listed some pretty good Denver UDFAs). It's not a guarantee either way that a team picks him up if he's cut. RB Dion Lewis already went down with a broken leg so teams develop needs as the preseason progresses. And I think we can infer from the fact that CJ had one of the highest UDFA offers from Denver that there was a market for him.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:33 AM   #216
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Starters Chris Harris, Wesley Woodyard, Duke Ihenacho, and Wes Welker were all UDFA's. Even starters like Kevin Vickerson, and Joel Dreessen were afterthoughts in the draft.

Other UDFA's expected to make the final 53: Trindon Holliday, Matt Prater, Britton Colquitt, Ryan Lilja, Chris Clark, Mitch Unrein, Steven Johnson, Mike Adams.
Trindon was a 6th round pick.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #217
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I think you are thinking of Mecklenburg

Gary Wayne Zimmerman (born December 13, 1961) is a former American football offensive lineman in the National Football League.[1] Zimmerman played for the Minnesota Vikings from 1986 to 1992 and for the Denver Broncos from 1993 to 1997.[2] He was selected to the Pro Bowl seven times and was an All-Pro selection eight times. He attended Walnut High School and the University of Oregon whereby he was inducted into the Oregon Sports Hall of Fame in 2002.[3]
Contents [hide]
1 USFL
2 NFL career
3 Final Years
4 References
5 External links
USFL[edit source | editbeta]

In 1984, Zimmerman was drafted in the second round (36th overall) by the Los Angeles Express in the 1984 USFL Collegiate Draft.[4] He subsequently signed with the Express on February 13, 1984 and went onto play in 17 games that season, starting all 17 at left tackle. His Express teammate was future Pro Football Hall of Famer, QB Steve Young. The Express lost in the USFL Semi-Finals to the Arizona Wranglers to end a 10-8 regular season. In 1985, Zimmerman suited up again with the Express, playing in 18 games (starting 17) with a 3-15 club that ended up out of the USFL playoff picture.[5]
After the USFL folded in August 1986, Zimmerman joined the Minnesota Vikings after they obtained his rights from the New York Giants who drafted him in the 1984 NFL Supplemental Draft of USFL and CFL Players.[6]
Yes i was thinking of Mecklenberg. Thank you for catching that error.
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:58 AM   #218
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Trindon was a 6th round pick.
thanks
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #219
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:

Why does EVERYONE hate Aaron Brewer?
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #220
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
I said I would bet. Put up or shut up...............

Some of you clowns must be republican cause you want to deny

recent history.

Broncos have many examples of low draft or

undrafted guys showing up big for us.

Your denial of what the guy has shown and your own verbage tell

me your a twenty something who thinks they know it all.

Bet or stop this............
I must not be aware of this Canadian Republican Party, but this is definitely the WRP forum you 'tard

Please tell me what he has shown other than 69 yards in one preseason game. You started this thread you idiot by your own admission "who is he, where did he come from" so don't tell me you know anything about him other than that game.

In all your babbling diatribes, I'm lost what are you wanting to bet? That another teams picks him up when he's placed on PUP? After all it was you that said "the injury changes nothing".
Old 08-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #221
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:

How many of them only played half of a SINGLE preseason game against 4th stringers, then got injured for 4-6 weeks?

Once again I'm all for this injury keeping CJ on the team SO WE CAN SEE MORE. After being cleared he'll be moved to the the PS. Have to say he's shown little this far to show he'd make the roster. He is playing one of the most competitive positions on this team.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:11 PM   #222
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

I think it depends on how the staff feels about him. They've seen him in practice and given him some more reps before the injury.
Do they like him more than Ball or Johnson? If so he'll likely make the team, if not then they'll cut him and sign him to the PS(assuming he clears waivers).
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:15 PM   #223
BroncosfanGuy

rather have an injured (for 2-3 weeks to begin the season) CJ Anderson on the team than a healthy Lance Ball or Jeremiah Johnson. And yes, I'm basing this on how he obtained 69 preseason yards and seeing him 1 day at camp.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:19 PM   #224
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
rather have an injured (for 2-3 weeks to begin the season) CJ Anderson on the team than a healthy Lance Ball or Jeremiah Johnson. And yes, I'm basing this on how he obtained 69 preseason yards and seeing him 1 day at camp.
I'm simply basing that off of the crap performance Ball has turned in the past few years.
He's not going to get better. He's a bad RB and has no business making the roster again. We have too much depth and potential at the RB position to waste another year on him.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #225
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
I'm simply basing that off of the crap performance Ball has turned in the past few years.
He's not going to get better. He's a bad RB and has no business making the roster again. We have too much depth and potential at the RB position to waste another year on him.
Agreed. I don't want to trash LAnce Ball because he's probably a cool guy and all that, but if the team was really in a pinch, they could find probably a dozen or so Lance Balls--including the real thing in free agency.

I think Johnson's running style is too similar to Hillman's. Anderson is a load and he looks at home in a 1-cut ZBS.