The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 07:04 PM   #201
Rascal
RIP
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 17,101

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Well let's break this down..

In a power scheme.. I would prefer Clady, Kuper, Man Ram/Lilja, Vasquez, Franklin.

Obviously in our Hybrid scheme, having Beadles would help.

Not sure why your down on Man Ram. He improved big time as the season went on.

We don't know if Kuper can handle Center, just like we don't know if Beadles could play Center. But while we are play what ifs Drek.

Why is Lilja now a liability at Center? He was solid there last year and has familiarity with Manning.

We are better with Kuper starting then with him just as depth.

But from a qualified list, Beadles actually fits Center better in his attributes. Won't be playing as many one on one matchups, good movement skills, and good at making reads and line calls. But this is all while we are playing what if.
You can put cologne on dog **** and have it smell better, but it's still dog ****. Ramirez was so awful he had no choice but to improve.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:13 PM   #202
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
You can put cologne on dog **** and have it smell better, but it's still dog ****. Ramirez was so awful he had no choice but to improve.
Do you really think he was "so awful" all of last season?

I'm not calling him a stud by any means, but serviceable, I think he is..

As a Center, where he would be less one on one, I don't think he would be a huge liability. That's not to say he would be my first choice to start at Center.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:42 PM   #203
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,062

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Good news. I think this works out well for the team. They can either try to have him play some the last preseason game to see where he is and if it's worth it to keep him or not. I hope he can get healthy and play some Center for us.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #204
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,408

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Bmore in every thread...


. That's a good one.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:38 AM   #205
Rascal
RIP
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 17,101

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Do you really think he was "so awful" all of last season?

I'm not calling him a stud by any means, but serviceable, I think he is..

As a Center, where he would be less one on one, I don't think he would be a huge liability. That's not to say he would be my first choice to start at Center.
Being an ex-OL/DL guy I was horrified to see his technique last year. He was lunging, had horrific foot work, and counldn't stop a bull rush from my 4 year old (he goes for the nuts, so I'll give Ramirez a break).

I really hope that he improves this year, especially since we are currently penciling him as our starting center, but based on what I saw last year I have no faith in him. If the coaches can get him to become average I will eat a big plate of crow.

As far as him improving during the year...I think it was more of the coaches/players realizing his limitations and shifting blocking assignments to make up for his play. There is a reason why Kuper, who was obviously not even close to 100%, started against Baltimore instead of Ramirez.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #206
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,532

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Bmore in every thread...


Haha...24 strikes gold again.
__________________


Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:20 AM   #207
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,516

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Bmore in every thread...


OK I finally figured it out he poster known as Bmore is in fact Drew Barrymore

baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:28 PM   #208
kupesdad
Pro Bowler
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 671

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
We'll see, I bet when Kuper is healthy he plays center, but whatever. I could be wrong and really I could care less. Whatever, kupesgramps always targets everything I say. He takes what I say as fact instead of opinion. A whole message board of Opinions but gramps has it out for me.

Afterall we all know how injury prone Beadles is
Well you got the kupesgramps part right! As far as the renegotiation of the contract, all that comes down to is quality of living for his family. They love Colorado, I can't fault them for that. We will see what happens with the rest of his contract. So far, it is intact although it doesn't take a braniac to see what's up. All I know is he loves being a Denver Bronco, the team has been good to him, and if he doesn't play another down, it has been a good ride. Yes, his family is extremely proud of how he has handled himself in a very difficult situation. And No, nothing you say do I take as fact.
kupesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #209
kupesdad
Pro Bowler
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 671

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
You b****es are seriously arguing over who should start out of Beadles and Kuper? The **** is wrong with you people? They're both clearly top 5 OLs on this team. Kuper is working at C already. What makes the Broncos better, Beadles at LG and Kuper at C or Kuper at LG and Ramirez/Lilja at C?

If you say the later of those two you're a ****ing idiot, FYI. Kuper when 100% (if that ever happens again) is probably a better guard than Beadles. Great. Kuper could have the bottom half of both legs replaced with bowling pins and he'd still be better than Max ****ing Ramirez.

Lets get the scrubs off the field before we start arguing about which one of the top 5 are better.
I think they are both better than what they have picked up from the chargers...the best guy on a bad line..
kupesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #210
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupesdad View Post
. And No, nothing you say do I take as fact.

Well, than nothing I say should get you upset.

Kupes a great guy and I wish him the best of luck at center.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:33 PM.


Denver Broncos