The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
ozomulsion
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The ladies man.
Default Starting RB

Many people here know I've always been a KM fan ever since everyone said he'll never do anything for the broncos, but I expected Ball to be all that and a bag of chips. I've lost the Net for 4 months. Is it his blocking that is leading many people to list him third string? I know it's early. BTW Go suck yo momma titty Bronco Steven.
ozomulsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozomulsion View Post
Many people here know I've always been a KM fan ever since everyone said he'll never do anything for the broncos, but I expected Ball to be all that and a bag of chips. I've lost the Net for 4 months. Is it his blocking that is leading many people to list him third string? I know it's early. BTW Go suck yo momma titty Bronco Steven.
I think it's typical rookie adjusting to the speed vision etc of the NFL. We should see a lot more of him this next game.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #3
extralife
Ring of Famer

quality thread
extralife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #4
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Is anybody getting the "five signs you are getting Alzheimer's " banner every thread?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #5
ozomulsion
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The ladies man.

**** off Baja
ozomulsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #6
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Is anybody getting the "five signs you are getting Alzheimer's " banner every thread?
I don't remember.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #7
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
I don't remember.
Thing is I have all 5
Old 08-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #8
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
**** off Baja
I don't know how you get away with your avatar but I am sure glad you do.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #9
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Thing is I have all 5
I don't, so I must have Someheimer's.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #10
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
I don't, so I must have Someheimer's.
good one

as to the OP we will be fine at RB
Old 08-15-2013, 10:39 PM   #11
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I think it's typical rookie adjusting to the speed vision etc of the NFL. We should see a lot more of him this next game.
agreed. i think we can expect that for about the 1st 4 games of the regular season, he looks indecisive and a little lost or slow. by midseason he will be hitting his stride and start looking really good. what a lot of people aren't realizing is how complex our offense is. it isn't a situation like Richardson going to the Browns and being dominant from the start last season. He was the only weapon. his lone responsibility was to run. Blocking assignments and other aspects of his game weren't as big of a deal as they are for a RB in this offense
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:18 AM   #12
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Understandable. Ball is a rookie and he's thinking alot out there. Everybody knows you play faster and better when you finally adjust to the NFL and you know the plays. For god sake it's been a training camp and 1 preseason game. Let's give the guy some time. And if this Anderson kid keeps plugging away, he'll make this team and then I think we'll have no worries at RB.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:56 AM   #13
ol#7

I am more puzzled on what they see in Hillman? Our best bet is that either this is KM's breakout year or Ball is really all that. Dont think we have much else to pin out hopes on in the backfield (would like to see CJ against better competition).
Old 08-16-2013, 01:47 AM   #14
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

It shouldn't rock anybody's world that Ball isn't quite ready to start. He's a rookie from a simple college offense. Russell Wilson or no Russell Wilson, that offense consisted primarily of 6 or 8 Ball running plays. Carried the ball a sick 663 times junior+senior seasons combined - Badgers passed the ball just 615 times in that span. Montee was never expected to pass block, or block at all for that matter, nor to catch the ball (just 34 in two years), nor play special teams. Seeing all that, it seems highly unlikely he could show up, master the scheme in a couple months and jump ahead of everybody to be the starter.

FUN STAT of the DAY: Montee Ball's 2011 QB efficiency rating: 504.4 (2/2 54 yds 1 TD)

NOT SO FUN STAT: Wisconsin lost 3 of the last 4 Rose Bowls
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:26 AM   #15
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Meanwhile, the Packers are doing happy dances with how good Eddie Lacy has looked in camp. Ball was just an odd selection. I hope he does well but he looks an awful lot like Shonn Greene to me.

Full Disclosure: Lacy was my favorite RB before the draft, Ball was my predicted bust. I'm still not over the fact we passed on Lacy for Ball. #sourgrapes.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:51 AM   #16
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Meanwhile, the Packers are doing happy dances with how good Eddie Lacy has looked in camp. Ball was just an odd selection. I hope he does well but he looks an awful lot like Shonn Greene to me.

Full Disclosure: Lacy was my favorite RB before the draft, Ball was my predicted bust. I'm still not over the fact we passed on Lacy for Ball. #sourgrapes.
As draft prospects, I was pretty torn between Lacy and Ball but this is a long, long way from playing out. Lacy is a violent runner. Powerful, confrontational, and violent. That worked fine when he outweighed linebackers and safeties in college, but it has a higher potential for injury than Ball's running style. Ball also had a nose for the end zone, much more experience, and a significantly excellent ball security history.

They are both rookies, so I'm going to wait about 8-10 games to judge who made the "best decision.". Let's see who is starting, and who is still healthy by then.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:30 AM   #17
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:

Yes other than rumors of weight issues and him being injured as well as McCarthy already saying a guy coming off the PUP list (Harris) will start. Honestly, I liked Lacy also and would have been ok with him or Ball, but the Packers also drafted Franklin who will get some play as well.

Call me jaded with the RBs we've had to watch for the past few years but if we get a Shonn Greene power back to compliment Hillman, I won't hate it.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:22 AM   #18
Bacchus

Quote:
Moreno is probably the best blocking RB on the team. I think it comes down to the fact he averages less than 4 yards per carry in his career. Personally I would have preferred Denver keep McGahee because he is the better RB.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:29 AM   #19
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Moreno is probably the best blocking RB on the team. I think it comes down to the fact he averages less than 4 yards per carry in his career. Personally I would have preferred Denver keep McGahee because he is the better RB.

Is that why he's sitting home by the phone?
Old 08-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #20
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Wait until week 6 when Lacy is out injured yet again with that turf toe from his fusion surgery on his big toe.
Moneyball will be just fine in this system.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote