The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2013, 09:18 AM   #126
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Huh? Genetic studies don't show this. I've taken 3 ancestry DNA tests, there is no "black" that shows up.
Then those tests only cover your recent ancestry.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:18 AM   #127
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Of course not, going from self proclaimed Marxist to Right Wing whatever, is a stable doctrine.

As for 'making claims,' again, you're the one dismissing the study with the ridiculous rational that it was conducted by 'questionably-motivated lefty professors.'

Critical thinking? Nah, just more of your silliness.
You're harping on one ONLINE study (WTF) and I'm talking about cumulative data of multiple legitimate, scientific studies (not online!) taken over decades and further what the general scientific consensus is in terms of the validity of IQ studies and the heritability of IQ as shown by years of longevity studies. Avoiding this by mockery and grossly overstating the validity of one select piece of information doesn't cut it, and if someone is going to co-opt Marxist jingoism to defend their personal view of things (which is outside of scientific consensus), yes I am going to point it out.

I have critical thinking. You have critical theory and a philosophy which places higher importance to your political views than valid scientific data.

The theory of multiple intelligences is also well-known in psychology regardless of what the butthole that wrote Rohirrim's article said. That, however, does not undermine the validity of IQ testing, which is still widely used. BOTH of these are commonly discussed in college psych textbooks. If you think the concept of multiple intelligences invalidates IQ testing, state your case, other than pasting the personal view of a few people based on an article of a single ONLINE study posted by someone else for the sole reason you do not like the conclusions of IQ tests.

Rohirrim's hilarious article makes ridiculous claims by a disingenuous idiot who indirectly admitted his own idiocy when he said,

Studies over the past 50 years based on IQ tests have suggested that there could be inherent differences in intelligence between racial groups, social classes and between men and women, but these conclusions are undermined by the latest findings, Dr Highfield said.

MMmmn... Decades of IQ studies (which I mentioned) all suggested the idea of different IQ averages for different human populations (which I mentioned).... I've already said ALL of this on this thread and you've all tried to crap on it by posting a quotation by a guy who agrees with what I said! Brilliant! Too bad this Highfield goes off the rails and wildly suggests his ONE AMAZING ONLINE study knocks all that down. Such obvious and grotesquely dishonest behavior by a scientist should be met with disciplinary action. What a fraud!

One study does not knock down decades of research, let alone an ONLINE study. My effing GOD you illiterates.

Jesus ****ing CHRIST you people are dense.

Decades of scientific study is invalidated by a single online study.

OH GENIUS! EPIC GENIUS!

Last edited by nyuk nyuk; 08-15-2013 at 09:22 AM..
Old 08-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #128
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Then those tests only cover your recent ancestry.
Actually the 23andme study shows that I have 2.7% Neanderthal DNA dating back about 30,000 years.

If you think physically modern black people emerged from Africa at that period, I'd love to see evidence of that.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #129
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:48 AM   #130
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
You have critical theory and a philosophy which places higher importance to your political views than valid scientific data.
Classic!!
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:48 AM   #131
nyuk nyuk

Lookit teh piktur! It invalidates decades of valid scientific studies!

sc0re!
Old 08-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #132
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Classic!!
Thank you for your voluminous and erudite response.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #133
Bacchus

Quote:
Huh? Genetic studies don't show this. I've taken 3 ancestry DNA tests, there is no "black" that shows up.
I bet you have. Trying to keep that arian heritage alive huh.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #134
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Thank you for your voluminous and erudite response.
It was still more than your comment deserved.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #135
Bacchus

Quote:
Actually the 23andme study shows that I have 2.7% Neanderthal DNA dating back about 30,000 years.

If you think physically modern black people emerged from Africa at that period, I'd love to see evidence of that.
I thought the earth was only 10,000 years old. So you aren't a Christian?
Old 08-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #136
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Lookit teh piktur! It invalidates decades of valid scientific studies!

sc0re!
Drama Llama:

"Doggone it, I've tried changing my screen name a dozen times, and they still know it's me.

I know! Maybe if I pretend I'm a girl..."
Old 08-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #137
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I bet you have. Trying to keep that arian heritage alive huh.
If you're going to throw a slur at someone, spell it right. And if you're going to accuse someone of engaging in an "evil" act of preserving their heritage, attack everyone. Don't single out members of one racial group. That makes you a racist.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #138
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I thought the earth was only 10,000 years old. So you aren't a Christian?
The anger scientific fact stirs up in liberals proves the title of this thread is accurate. Browbeating caricatures and straw men aren't an argument against anyone or for anything.

The hostility that liberals on this thread are showing to decades of valid scientific research proves that science is the enemy of liberalism when science goes out of the boundaries of liberal taboo.

Tough ****.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #139
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Maybe this will help you since you're confused about what race is
I was hoping for something more science-y.

You know, the specific genetic markers that define "race", the specific genetic markers that define "intelligence", and how the two are interrelated so you can claim that "race" and "intelligence" are genetically linked.

Got anything, peer-reviewed, along those lines?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #140
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
Drama Llama:

"Doggone it, I've tried changing my screen name a dozen times, and they still know it's me.

I know! Maybe if I pretend I'm a girl..."
True, and I also live in Texas.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #141
W*GS
Ring of Famer

drama is getting all dramatic again...

Old 08-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #142
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
I was hoping for something more science-y.

You know, the specific genetic markers that define "race", the specific genetic markers that define "intelligence", and how the two are interrelated so you can claim that "race" and "intelligence" are genetically linked.

Got anything, peer-reviewed, along those lines?
So you're trying to raise the bar against science itself, against decades-old trends in data as shown by even liberal sources on this thread because you don't like the results that the decades of research show.

Now just who are you again?
Old 08-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #143
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
and I also live in Texas.
I'm sorry.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #144
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:

Your ancestors were from Africa 150,000 years ago. We may not all be brothers, but we're all distant cousins.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #145
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So you're trying to raise the bar against science itself, against decades-old trends in data as shown by even liberal sources on this thread because you don't like the results that the decades of research show.

Now just who are you again?
So, you have nothing.

Why couldn't you just say that?
Old 08-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #146
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Your ancestors were from Africa 150,000 years ago. We may not all be brothers, but we're all distant cousins.
"From Africa" doesn't mean modern humans as we see them existed then. That's my point.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #147
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
So, you have nothing.

Why couldn't you just say that?
Wog knows better than 50+ years of international scientific research. Kewl!
Old 08-15-2013, 01:25 PM   #148
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Wog knows better than 50+ years of international scientific research. Kewl!
Oh, so there *is* scientific research that defines, from genetics, what "race" and "intelligence" are, and that these are concrete definitions, and you can present the science that correlates the two.

Please provide references from the peer-reviewed literature. Thanks!
Old 08-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #149
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
"From Africa" doesn't mean modern humans as we see them existed then. That's my point.
When the bones of two early humans were found in 1967 near Kibish, Ethiopia, they were thought to be 130,000 years old. A few years ago, researchers found 154,000- to 160,000-year-old human bones at Herto, Ethiopia. Now, a new study of the 1967 fossil site indicates the earliest known members of our species, Homo sapiens, roamed Africa about 195,000 years ago.

"It pushes back the beginning of anatomically modern humans," says geologist Frank Brown, a co-author of the study and dean of the University of Utah's College of Mines and Earth Sciences.

The journal Nature is publishing the study in its Thursday Feb. 17, 2005, issue. Brown conducted the research with geologist and geochronologist Ian McDougall of Australian National University in Canberra, and anthropologist John Fleagle of New York state's Stony Brook University.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-toh021105.php
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #150
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
When the bones of two early humans were found in 1967 near Kibish, Ethiopia, they were thought to be 130,000 years old. A few years ago, researchers found 154,000- to 160,000-year-old human bones at Herto, Ethiopia. Now, a new study of the 1967 fossil site indicates the earliest known members of our species, Homo sapiens, roamed Africa about 195,000 years ago.

"It pushes back the beginning of anatomically modern humans," says geologist Frank Brown, a co-author of the study and dean of the University of Utah's College of Mines and Earth Sciences.

The journal Nature is publishing the study in its Thursday Feb. 17, 2005, issue. Brown conducted the research with geologist and geochronologist Ian McDougall of Australian National University in Canberra, and anthropologist John Fleagle of New York state's Stony Brook University.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-toh021105.php
That's nice. I was referring to the existence of the modern human races.