The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #26
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
All actors are bull****ters or they wouldn't be very good at acting. Politicians are good actors too if they can seem so sincere when relating to the people. I think Bill Clinton could have made it in Hollywood if he chose acting over law/politics. Clinton and Reagan were the two most popular Presidents in my lifetime and the best bull****ters. Obama's pretty good too. Romney, McCain, Kerry, and Gore couldn't pull it off because they all seemed too phony. Bush was a two-term president only because he was running against Gore and Kerry. We elect the best bull****ters which means Matt Damon may run for office one of these days.
Pretty good summary of the state of politics.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:44 PM   #27
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default perfect.......

Big government tool.........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg matt damon.jpg (94.2 KB, 56 views)
txtebow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:35 AM   #28
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
So you're somehow surprised that a wealthy, famous person would put his children in private school? I'd do the same thing even if I did advocate for, and support the importance of, public school education.
Exactly, what a dip****. Of course he put his kids in Private school. Have you seen public schools thse days?

If he would have put his kids in Public School OI would have thought he hated his kids. I am poor but I would send my kids to Private school if I could have.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:41 AM   #29
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Exactly, what a dip****. Of course he put his kids in Private school. Have you seen public schools thse days?

If he would have put his kids in Public School OI would have thought he hated his kids. I am poor but I would send my kids to Private school if I could have.
Which is why the state should give lower income families the option of taking their child's share of funding somewhere where it won't be pissed down the toilet.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:02 AM   #30
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Which is why the state should give lower income families the option of taking their child's share of funding somewhere where it won't be pissed down the toilet.
Yeah. That'll work.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:08 AM   #31
TonyR
Franchise Poster

I bet Matt Damon loses a lot of sleep worrying about what UltimateHobo, BroncoBeavis, nyuk nyuk, barryr, and txtbow think about his decision to do what he thought best for his children...
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #32
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Wait, I thought that your ZIP Code didn't help determine where you would end up in life?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:52 AM   #33
B-Large

Quote:
http://www.jsonline.com/news/opinion...187369091.html

I actually like the idea of school choice, and I know my parent would have liked to use their tax money to help fund my private catholic education. I am not catholic, neither are my parents, but they sent their kid to the best school they could afford.

If your kid doesn't attend a public school, by not credited back a portion of that money to go to another school? Or perhaps all of it? I understand the premise for public education and support thatm, but it appears the results in most schools are not great. Why not try something else?
Old 08-13-2013, 01:05 PM   #34
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

The average cost of a private school in America is $8,549 per year. Average amount of vouchers discussed in the past is about $4,000 per child.

That will be great for low income families!

Anybody who has the money to send their kids to private schools and doesn't do so is a dunce.
http://www.capenet.org/facts.html
Old 08-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #35
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
The average cost of a private school in America is $8,549 per year. Average amount of vouchers discussed in the past is about $4,000 per child.

Anybody who has the money to send their kids to private schools and doesn't do so is a dunce.
Let's not talk about foot-in-the-door past proposals. Look at the reality...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3496875.html

Quote:
The United States spent more than $11,000 per elementary student in 2010 and more than $12,000 per high school student. When researchers factored in the cost for programs after high school education such as college or vocational training, the United States spent $15,171 on each young person in the system more than any other nation covered in the report.
Education isn't underfunded. It's mismanaged.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:25 PM   #36
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
http://www.jsonline.com/news/opinion...187369091.html

I actually like the idea of school choice, and I know my parent would have liked to use their tax money to help fund my private catholic education. I am not catholic, neither are my parents, but they sent their kid to the best school they could afford.

If your kid doesn't attend a public school, by not credited back a portion of that money to go to another school? Or perhaps all of it? I understand the premise for public education and support thatm, but it appears the results in most schools are not great. Why not try something else?
Great teachers would be sought after and better compensated. Terrible teachers would be left out. Schools would be scratching at each other for the best talent and programs to maintain or grow enrollment. Schools could no longer afford to keep old burnouts who get paid not on their ability, but on how many years they can ride a chair.

Seems like a no-brainer. The only real opposition to it is based on fear and entrenched failure.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #37
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Let's not talk about foot-in-the-door past proposals. Look at the reality...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3496875.html

Education isn't underfunded. It's mismanaged.
I'll agree with that. The average school administrator gets a six figure income. The average teacher gets paid about the same as the average waiter.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #38
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Great teachers would be sought after and better compensated. Terrible teachers would be left out.
As an aside, I heard the other day that one silver lining of this ongoing economic downturn (particularly with respect to employment) is that a lot of "good people" have gone into teaching because they can't get employment elsewhere. So, people that my have eschewed teaching because they wanted to make better money may now consider teaching.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #39
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Great teachers would be sought after and better compensated. Terrible teachers would be left out. Schools would be scratching at each other for the best talent and programs to maintain or grow enrollment. Schools could no longer afford to keep old burnouts who get paid not on their ability, but on how many years they can ride a chair.

Seems like a no-brainer. The only real opposition to it is based on fear and entrenched failure.
Sounds a lot like how some of us feel about gun control laws.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:33 PM   #40
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
I'll agree with that. The average school administrator gets a six figure income. The average teacher gets paid about the same as the average waiter.
If they're just starting out, probably less than a good waiter. We're honestly lucky that there are a ton of good teachers out there motivated almost entirely by altruism.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #41
B-Large

Quote:

I would agree. Once people get a fire lit under their ass, they tend to raise the bar or simple move on. We have tenured professors here at the hospital, some of them are paid a **** load, they barely see patients, barely teach, barely raise a finger because they have been able to get locked in and there is no more expectation to produce. The younger guys are working their butts off to build their departments, get chair positions, get endowments and further their research and prestige.... the incentive is to produce and benefit, but just punch the clock.

I would think we want to induce a little competitive spirit in Education a well, only because when kids leave school they realize life and jobs markets are competitive... if you incent teachers and schools to challenge each other, it wil be infectious in students, they are not stupid they know what is going on.

I am sure School Choice has its warts just like any other endeavor, but why not knowck down the barrier and let schools go at it, raise the bar and produce better students and results? Because we have always done it the other way is just not a good enough excuse anymore...
Old 08-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #42
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Don't know if everybody has seen this yet. Take a few moments. It's worth it:

Old 08-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #43
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:

Still don't get it.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #44
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

And you are still a cumstain, Hobo. Congrats.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #45
B-Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
And you are still a cumstain, Hobo. Congrats.
lol... that was funny
Old 08-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #46
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Shouldn't "cumstain" be hyphenated?
Old 08-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #47
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Well this "cumstain" still has out smarted you guys.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:08 PM   #48
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Well this "cumstain" still has out smarted you guys.
How's that?
Old 08-14-2013, 08:33 PM   #49
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
How's that?
"nuff said.