The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #1
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Lets go Broncos!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default CNN’s Don Lemon Responds to Critics and Russell Simmons, ‘Attack The Problem Not The Messenger’

Quote:
CNN anchor Don Lemon created quite a stir two weeks ago when he expounded on Fox News host Bill O’Reilly‘s assessment of the black community, and reaped a whirlwind of criticism in response. In particular, hip hop mogul Russell Simmons wrote several scathing tweets, and an open letter to Don Lemon. The heated reaction has not caused Don Lemon to shy away, as evidenced by his revisitation of the topic Saturday night, in which he re-framed his remarks within the context of black leaders like Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, President and Mrs. Obama, and Bill Cosby, rather than as agreement with Bill O’Reilly.

Following several lengthy clips of these leaders speaking about black empowerment and personal responsibility, Lemon responded directly to Simmons’ open letter.

“I’m glad you wrote the letter,” Lemon said, the first of several such assurances, but said he almost didn’t respond, “not because I think you completely missed the point, not because, like many of the other critics, I thought you were just using the occasion as a promotion for one of your businesses, your website, but I wasn’t going to address it because, quite honestly, it was hard to take you, and it, seriously after you called me derogatory names like slave on Twitter.”

He pointed out that he had invited Mr. Simmons to appear on the program several times, including Saturday night, but had been declined. “Don’t throw stones, and then hide your hand,” Lemon said.

Lemon then delivered a point-by-point rebuttal to Simmons’ letter, and concluded with another clip of President Obama, saying “Nobody cares how tough your upbringing was. Nobody cares if you suffered some discrimination. and, moreover, you have to remember that whatever you’ve gone through, it pales in comparison to the hardships previous generations endured, and they overcame them, and if they overcame them, you can overcome them, too.”

“Thank you, Mr. President,” Lemon concluded. “That’s tonight’s ‘No Talking Points.’”

Here’s Don Lemon’s response in full, from CNN:
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnns-don-...the-messenger/
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2013, 07:15 AM   #2
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Precisely. Just another example of the hypocritical extremes to which the leftist sociopaths will go in an effort to chase after "equality"... equality in their eyes isn't holding everyone to the same standards. Anyone who is truly against racism should find the leftist attack on Don Lemon as disgraceful and worthy of disdain.........
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #3
nyuk nyuk

The problem is white people. Always and eternally.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:04 PM   #4
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Maybe it's finally time to have a talk about white culture? How can there be so many white ignoramuses, boobs, nitwits and knuckleheads who just sit there on their couches slobbering up whatever bull**** Fox News feeds them?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:34 PM   #5
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Lets go Broncos!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Maybe it's finally time to have a talk about white culture? How can there be so many white ignoramuses, boobs, nitwits and knuckleheads who just sit there on their couches slobbering up whatever bull**** Fox News feeds them?
Where are you? That was CNN.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:32 AM   #6
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Bill O'Reilly is on CNN now?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:19 AM   #7
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Lets go Broncos!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Bill O'Reilly is on CNN now?
Old 08-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #8
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
"Finally time" as if whites, white culture and white identity haven't been slandered and trashed for years already on campus, in Hollyweird, in politics and in the media for decades?

So how has life been all this time rooming up with Punxsutawney Phil?

My GOD what have you been exposed to that took your balls off and turned you into such a self-loather?!
Old 08-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #9
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
now who doesn't get it.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #10
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Lets go Broncos!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
now who doesn't get it.
I know he knows that i know. To bad you don't know what I know.