The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #751
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

I believe people have the right to practice their roll as a fan of a team any way that works for them. Sport teams are a business supported by it's collective fandom and there is no rule book issued. Every fan is entitled to complain or praise as they see fit and it takes a pretty arrogant person to claim they are better fan than others based on their own particular criteria. A self proclaimed BETTER FAN is in reality kinda of a jerk IMO.

Last edited by baja; 08-12-2013 at 07:22 PM..
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #752
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
this should solve the mystery -

"I believe, no wait....I know that when given protection, Brian Griese is the NFL's most efficient QB - bar none"

- Taco John

Before the Raiders game that was a true statement. IMO
Old 08-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #753
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Alex Smith reminds me of Brian Griese.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:25 PM   #754
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I believe people have the right to practice their roll as a fan of a team any way that works for them. Sport teams are a business supported by it's collective fandom and there is no rule book issued. Every fan is entitled to complain or praise as they see fit and it takes a pretty arrogant person to claim they are better fan than others based on their own particular criteria. A self proclaimed BETTER FAN is in reality kinda of a jerk IMO.
OK...but I'm not classless
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:25 PM   #755
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Did Smith get punched by his 'dog' too
Old 08-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #756
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
OK...but I'm not classless

No you are not and I am allowed to over react once and a while.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #757
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I think we can all agree that using a first on Tebow was a horrendous decision. McDaniels stacks the deck with early round picks and farts out a Timmy, a DE who cannot sack and my homie Moreno. At least he got Demaryius.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #758
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Alex Smith is better than Griese in my opinion....

Griese threw way too many INT's (99) compared to the number of TD's (119) in fact, in his 11 year career, he had only 3 seasons where he threw more TD's than INT's

Alex Smith on the other hand started off 10 picks in the hole his rookie season (1 TD vs. 11 INT's) and since has thrown 80 TD's to 53 INT's (81 TD's vs. 63 INT's for his career)not to mention helped his team to NFCCG appearance, coming within a bobbled punt of going to SB....his biggest obstacle is staying healthy.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #759
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
In bold....
You left out:

Woodyard: UDFA 2008
Colquitt: UDFA 2009
Tony Carter: UDFA 2009
Unrein: UDFA 2010
Chris Harris: UDFA 2011
Nachoman: UDFA 2012
Brewer: UDFA 2012

With the possible exception of Unrein, all will make the team and start or play significant snaps this season.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #760
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Yeah, we've all been wrong and will continue to be wrong on some things, right on others....

I have admitted a few times that I was wrong about McDaniels developing into a decent head coach (he was in over his head), and Orton being a pretty good QB to run the show until another franchise guy could be found (he is the definition of a solid journeyman QB).

But one huge difference is the vast majority of those who supported Orton (myself included) over Tebow admitted he played himself out of the starter's gig, and didn't blast the franchise or blame his team mates for his failings when he was benched, and then subsequently waived. There was no venom spewed, or hatred for the FO or John Elway for making what was a business/ performance based decision to part ways with Kyle Orton.

Those who supported Tebow however, trashed the franchise, Elway, Fox, his team mates, spewed venom at anyone who had reservations or criticisms about him, and when Manning was available and signed went off the deep end by calling the team classless, waxing poetic about the tears in the kid's eyes as there was no more Be-Bow, and kept spewing their venom towards those of us who were ecstatic that Manning signed with us.

No comparison what so ever.......
Woof woof.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #761
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I think we can all agree that using a first on Tebow was a horrendous decision. McDaniels stacks the deck with early round picks and farts out a Timmy, a DE who cannot sack and my homie Moreno. At least he got Demaryius.
In hindsight, yes it was a bad pick in the 1st round.....McDaniels was in over his head evidently, but he drafted some decent players like Beadles, Decker, Thomas, and while they've not lived up to their draft status, some solid guys in Ayers and Moreno
Old 08-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #762
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

This thread needs more Tebow!

hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #763
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Did Smith get punched by his 'dog' too
I don't think he did....he also hasn't gotten a DUI either correct?
Old 08-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #764
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
In hindsight, yes it was a bad pick in the 1st round.....McDaniels was in over his head evidently, but he drafted some decent players like Beadles, Decker, Thomas, and while they've not lived up to their draft status, some solid guys in Ayers and Moreno
Hindsight was not necessary to confirm Tebow's selection in the first as terrible. I remember that day. I was driving a red SUV to Little Caesars to pick up pizzas for a skateboard party with friends. I smiled as Demaryius was taken. I immediately drove to the liquor store when we took Tebow. I passed out by a trash can. I was wearing a red and black flannel zip up with a winter Broncos cap. I was down to a half gram of green, a free base or two of meth and was dispirited.

Only the Lord knows how many roof shots I took in my mouth to make the 14 mile trip home. Never forget.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:54 PM   #765
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Before the Raiders game that was a true statement. IMO
I truly believe his shoulder never really healed properly, leaving a QB with an average arm at best at 100% with a below average one.

He wasn't a stupid QB...he just couldn't sneak his fastball by opposing DB's, where as Elway could throw a lamb chop past a starving wolf.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #766
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
I truly believe his shoulder never really healed properly, leaving a QB with an average arm at best at 100% with a below average one.

He wasn't a stupid QB...he just couldn't sneak his fastball by opposing DB's, where as Elway could throw a lamb chop past a starving wolf.
I think an area where Shanny dropped the ball is he undervalued the leadership qualities and there importance to the QB position with both Griese and Cutler. He also under valued that leadership value that Plummer did bring to the team.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #767
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Hindsight was not necessary to confirm Tebow's selection in the first as terrible. I remember that day. I was driving a red SUV to Little Caesars to pick up pizzas for a skateboard party with friends. I smiled as Demaryius was taken. I immediately drove to the liquor store when we took Tebow. I passed out by a trash can. I was wearing a red and black flannel zip up with a winter Broncos cap. I was down to a half gram of green, a free base or two of meth and was dispirited.

Only the Lord knows how many roof shots I took in my mouth to make the 14 mile trip home. Never forget.
Yeah, but don't you do that every draft?

I had no problem with the selection because like many of his supporters I originally thought his uber work ethic, excellent leadership skills, never-say-die attitude and high character would enable him to overcome his alleged throwing motion obstacles....

his resume' was impeccable as he was a battled tested QB who had won two titles, had a high completion rate, and set numerous scoring records. I'm not a huge college football fan, but numerous friends and relatives are and they spoke highly of him.

I didn't think he was ready in 2011, but Orton played himself out of a job. I even said that if they made the switch to Tebow they needed to make it permanent as jerking him in and out of the lineup would slow his development.

however after watching him struggle to complete even the most simple passes and constantly throw passes that Drunken Broncoholic says "have a mind of their own" I quickly soured on him, despite him being a great leader, locker room presence, and a PR person's wet dream.....he's a good guy...but, yeah, he's a bad QB.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #768
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

"alleged" lol
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #769
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I think an area where Shanny dropped the ball is he undervalued the leadership qualities and there importance to the QB position with both Griese and Cutler. He also under valued that leadership value that Plummer did bring to the team.
Griese and Cutler were pretty aloof as team mates, whereas Brister or Plummer would be the one who buys his OL beers after a win.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:14 PM   #770
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
"alleged" lol
I know right? Just said alleged for lack of a better word.....

I saw very few UF games, despite my dad and numerous friends being huge fans.....I also knew of many other QB's who had less than perfect mechanics having pretty good careers.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #771
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Well one thing is clear Tebow is reunited with the Guy that believed in him so he will have a fair shake to prove himself. Even his stanchest fan will have to admit that.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #772
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
I know right? Just said alleged for lack of a better word.....

I saw very few UF games, despite my dad and numerous friends being huge fans.....I also knew of many other QB's who had less than perfect mechanics having pretty good careers.
I watched the USC/ND game and stood stanch with the opinion that leinart would never make it as a pro.

I flipped over to catch a few UF games when the Tebow **** got loud. Incredulous after one I caught another just to be sure. I laughed every time somebody referred to him as a quarterback after that.

Whatever. We've got a nasty D and loaded O. Here's hoping the oline stays healthy.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #773
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
A few days before Kyle's Bronco Career ending San Diego debacle.

Decker, coaches, defense. Everyone to blame but the beloved neckbeard. Even after 3 ints the game before.

And you say you never trashed the team. Are you sure you even enjoyed the playoff win? I mean with that cementing the Epic Fail and all?
The **** is your point?
Old 08-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #774
BroncoBeavis

Deleted. You're right. Someone needs to quit taking the troll bait.

I'll drop it I guess.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #775
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Yeah, but don't you do that every draft?

I had no problem with the selection because like many of his supporters I originally thought his uber work ethic, excellent leadership skills, never-say-die attitude and high character would enable him to overcome his alleged throwing motion obstacles....

his resume' was impeccable as he was a battled tested QB who had won two titles, had a high completion rate, and set numerous scoring records. I'm not a huge college football fan, but numerous friends and relatives are and they spoke highly of him.

I didn't think he was ready in 2011, but Orton played himself out of a job. I even said that if they made the switch to Tebow they needed to make it permanent as jerking him in and out of the lineup would slow his development.

however after watching him struggle to complete even the most simple passes and constantly throw passes that Drunken Broncoholic says "have a mind of their own" I quickly soured on him, despite him being a great leader, locker room presence, and a PR person's wet dream.....he's a good guy...but, yeah, he's a bad QB.
I too am wrong on many things and am not afraid to point them out. But you take the good with the bad. In this case, I was pretty damn close when I labeled Teebs a 3rd/4th RD TE/HB at best long before the draft and claimed that anyone taking him as a QB was crazy. And I was down right furious when we effectively traded the draft value board equivalent of the 2 2nds we got for BMarsh for someone who was obviously (to me) never going to cut it as a QB.

So at least I had the McD being crazy part correct, at least indirectly.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote