The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 12:06 AM   #51
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,979

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
We only had three last year with Bannan, Vick, and Unrien. Warren was hurt early. Sealver Siliga was active for 2 games. Wolfe, Jackson, and Ayers all can play inside as well.
Agreed. Fox & JDR both have said that Wolfe is more of a DT than DE. The fact that he is listed as DE is more a technicality than reality. Also agree that Unrein is a better candidate to be cut than Phillips.

Btw, pot roast, Sly, and Big Vick is a hell of an upgrade at DT than Bannan, Vick, & Unrein. I can hardly wait to see when the results when Sly develops and this unit begins to gell.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:36 AM   #52
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
Agreed. Fox & JDR both have said that Wolfe is more of a DT than DE. The fact that he is listed as DE is more a technicality than reality. Also agree that Unrein is a better candidate to be cut than Phillips.

Btw, pot roast, Sly, and Big Vick is a hell of an upgrade at DT than Bannan, Vick, & Unrein. I can hardly wait to see when the results when Sly develops and this unit begins to gell.
Actually, what they said is that he primarily will have DT responsibilities. Meaning even when he is at DE he will play the position like a DT. More of a straight ahead two gap type style is what I assume.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:47 AM   #53
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,979

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Actually, what they said is that he primarily will have DT responsibilities. Meaning even when he is at DE he will play the position like a DT. More of a straight ahead two gap type style is what I assume.
Then they said that in addition to what I mentioned. I saw interviews of them, and even Elway IIRC, say that him being listed as a DE is only because that is what he plays in the base defense. On passing downs, he normally goes inside.

This tidbit came out leading up to the draft when they were saying that the Broncos play more nickel than base. Thus, that is why they themselves said they consider him more of a DT than DE because in today's NFL, more passing plays are the reality.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:02 AM   #54
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,979

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
Montrose has my exact thoughts on the 53. The only one I could mybe see differently is Philip Blake, it sounds like he's been getting toasted but I also haven't been there every day like he has
If the lightbulb doesn't come on for Blake anytime soon, then he may become only the 2nd cut of an Elway draft pick. On the bright side, I think he is PS eligible, and that would be better for him in his development than stashing him on IR again.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:58 AM   #55
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
If the lightbulb doesn't come on for Blake anytime soon, then he may become only the 2nd cut of an Elway draft pick. On the bright side, I think he is PS eligible, and that would be better for him in his development than stashing him on IR again.
He does but if he cannot play don't put him on the practice squad and just cut him. That squad should be utilized for players who are going to make the roster. WTH have they been doing with Jeremiah Johnson? They kept him on the Practice Squad for 2 or 3 years. Then when they have an injury and need a RB they go get HESTER If Johnson, a guy who knows the system cannot be any use for you in that situation then he shouldn't be on the team.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:57 AM   #56
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,064

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Shaun Phillips gets cut in this scenario... interesting but looking at the roster its a distinct possibility if they keep both jackson and beal
I think we keep Shaun but put Zac on the PS. Doubt any team is going to give him a backup job.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:30 AM   #57
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,979

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
He does but if he cannot play don't put him on the practice squad and just cut him. That squad should be utilized for players who are going to make the roster. WTH have they been doing with Jeremiah Johnson? They kept him on the Practice Squad for 2 or 3 years. Then when they have an injury and need a RB they go get HESTER If Johnson, a guy who knows the system cannot be any use for you in that situation then he shouldn't be on the team.
My comment was predicated on the assumption that the coaching staff believes Blake's eventual potential is much greater than mere backup, but he is just a late bloomer and simply needs more time & development. Thus, the reason to put him on the PS rather than IR so he can practice.

However, if they think he just doesn't "get it", and may never will, then yes I would then agree with you to just cut him.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:35 AM   #58
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,979

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
I think we keep Shaun but put Zac on the PS. Doubt any team is going to give him a backup job.
Agree w/ you on Shaun. And if Zac plays as badly as he has practiced so far, then yes, he may go on PS w/o much fear of someone signing him.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:09 AM   #59
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
My comment was predicated on the assumption that the coaching staff believes Blake's eventual potential is much greater than mere backup, but he is just a late bloomer and simply needs more time & development. Thus, the reason to put him on the PS rather than IR so he can practice.

However, if they think he just doesn't "get it", and may never will, then yes I would then agree with you to just cut him.
Yeah I was just taking your point and going in a different direction. I guess I should not have quoted your post.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:00 AM   #60
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,308

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward63 View Post
For what it's worth, I spoke to Miami (OH) quarterback coach (Mike Bath) on Sunday and talked a little bit about Dysert and the Broncos. Supposedly Philly almost took him in the fourth round over Barkley. Also, the Broncos quarterback coach, Gregg Knapp called Bath to talk about Dysert and he told me that Denver wants to keep Dysert as a project. Also, Denver is worried that Oz may party too much and may not work out in the long run.
really? I guess thats what happens when you live life to it's fullest.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:28 AM   #61
MABroncoFan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,224

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
Montrose has my exact thoughts on the 53. The only one I could mybe see differently is Philip Blake, it sounds like he's been getting toasted but I also haven't been there every day like he has
Agreed. I think either Adams or Jammer goes ... leaning to Jammer now. Maybe both if they go with 4 safeties.

If Kuper starts on PUP, the backup C/G is up for grabs.
MABroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:39 AM   #62
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 20,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
I think we keep Shaun but put Zac on the PS. Doubt any team is going to give him a backup job.
but they can stash him on THEIR PS squad though (i think...)

anyone on this?
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:23 PM   #63
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,979

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
but they can stash him on THEIR PS squad though (i think...)

anyone on this?
Only after he is cut and only if he agrees. I think Weber did that last year as he thought he would have a better shot at getting on a roster in TB. Couldn't blame him. Otherwise, if he goes on the Broncos PS, the only way to steal him is to offer him a roster spot, and again, he would have to agree.

Zac is in a different situation than Weber was. If he plays better, and if things get dicey later in the season, he would have a great shot of possibly being the 3rd string emergency QB.

Last edited by R8R H8R; 07-31-2013 at 07:27 PM..
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:08 PM   #64
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
Only after he is cut and only if he agrees. I think Weber did that last year as he thought he would have a better shot at getting on a roster in TB. Couldn't blame him. Otherwise, if he goes on the Broncos PS, the only way to steal him is to offer him a roster spot, and again, he would have to agree.

Zac is in a different situation than Weber was. If he plays better, and if things get dicey later in the season, he would have a great shot of possibly being the 3rd string emergency QB.
Weber did make the active roster with T.B. didn't he?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:21 PM   #65
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,977

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
QB: Peyton Manning, Brock Osweiler
RB: Ronnie Hillman, Knowshon Moreno, Montee Ball, Jacob Hester [FB]
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Greg Orton
WR: Eric Decker
WR: Wes Welker, Tavarres King
TE: Julius Thomas, Joel Dreessen, Jacob Tamme, Virgil Green
LT: Ryan Clady, Chris Clark
LG: Zane Beadles
C: Manny Ramirez, Philip Blake
RG: Lou Vasquez
RT: Orlando Franklin, Vinston Painter

DE: Derek Wolfe, Malik Jackson
DT: Kevin Vickerson, Mitch Unrein
DT: Terrance Knighton, Sylvester Williams
DE: Robert Ayers, Quanterus Smith
WLB: Wesley Woodyard, Danny Trevathan
MLB: Nate Irving, Stewart Bradley, Stevie Johnson
SLB: Shaun Phillips, Lerentee McCray
CB: Champ Bailey, Tony Carter, Kayvon Webster
FS: Rahim Moore, Duke Ihenacho
SS: Mike Adams, David Bruton, Quinton Carter
CB: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Chris Harris, Omar Bolden

K: Matt Prater
P: Britton Colquitt
KR/PR: Trindon Holiday
DS: Aaron Brewer

PuP: JD Walton, Chris Kuper
Reserved/Suspended: Von Miller
If DRC is healthy any chance they cut Quinton Carter and use DRC as Safety depth?

Also I would rather see JJ make the team at RB over Hester.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:37 PM   #66
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Why would DRC be safety depth...
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:40 PM   #67
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,977

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Why would DRC be safety depth...
Maybe I was thinking Jammer...?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:10 PM   #68
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Maybe I was thinking Jammer...?
Well that would make sense then. It's interesting with Nacho emerging, what are the plans for Carter.. And with all the depth at DB, where does Jammer fit in.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #69
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,973

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch
Default

Roster Prediction – updated 8.12.13

QB: Peyton Manning | Brock Osweiler – 2
RB: Ronnie Hillman | Montee Ball | Knowshon Moreno | Jacob Hester – 4
OT: Ryan Clady | Orlando Franklin | Chris Clark – 3
OG: Louis Vasquez | Zane Beadles | Phillip Blake – 3
C: Manny Ramirez | Ryan Lilja | CJ Davis – 3
TE: Joel Dreesen | Julius Thomas | Jacob Tamme | Virgil Green – 4
WR: Demaryius Thomas | Eric Decker | Wes Welker | Andre Caldwell | Taverres King | Trindon Holiday – 6

Offensive Total: 25

LB: Von Miller | Nate Irving | Wesley Woodyard | Danny Trevathan | Stewart Bradley – 5
CB: Champ Bailey | Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie | Chris Harris | Tony Carter | Omar Bolden | Kayvon Webster – 6
SS/FS: Rahim Moore | Duke Ihenacho | Mike Adams | David Bruton | Quentin Carter – 5
DE: Derek Wolfe | Robert Ayers | Shaun Phillips | Malik Jackson | Quanterus Smith – 5
DT: Kevin Vickerson | Terrance Knighton | Sylvester Williams | Mitch Unrien – 4

Defensive Total: 25

K: Matt Prater
P: Britton Colquitt
LS: Aaron Brewer
Special Teams Total: 3

Grand Total: 53

Practice Squad: Zac Dysert (QB) / Lerentee McCray (LB) / CJ Anderson (RB) / Aaron Hester (CB) / Lanston Tanyi (DE) / Romney Fuga (DT) / Uona Kaveinga (LB) / Quincy McDuffie (WR) / Vinston Painter (OT)

PUP: Chris Kuper (G) / JD Walton (C)
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #70
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Practice Squad: Zac Dysert (QB) / Lerentee McCray (LB) / CJ Anderson (RB) / Aaron Hester (CB) / Lanston Tanyi (DE) / Romney Fuga (DT) / Uona Kaveinga (LB) / Quincy McDuffie (WR) / Vinston Painter (OT)
I wonder how high the risk is of losing either of these guys. I guess it at least partially depends on how the rest of the pre-season games play out.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:40 PM   #71
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 10,120
Default

Code:
Index	Position	Player
Offense		
1	1WR	Demaryius Thomas
2	2WR	Eric Decker
3	3WR	Wes Welker
4	4WR	Andre Caldwell
5	5WR	Tavarres King
6	6WR	Trindon Holliday
7	LT	Ryan Clady
8	LG	Zane Beadles
9	C	Ryan Lilja
10	RG	Louis Vasquez
11	RT	Orlando Franklin
12	OL Res	Manny Ramirez
13	OL Res	Chris Kuper
14	OL Res	Chris Clark
15	1TE	Joel Dreessen
16	2TE	Julius Thomas
17	3TE	Jacob Tamme
18	4TE	Virgil Green
19	1QB	Peyton Manning
20	2QB	Brock Osweiler
21	1RB	Montee Ball
22	2RB	Ronnie Hillman
23	3RB	Knowshon Moreno
24	4RB	Jacob Hester
25	5RB	CJ Anderson
		
		
Defense		
26	1LCB	Champ Bailey
27	2LCB	Kayvon Webster
28	1LDE	Derek Wolfe
29	2LDE	Malik Jackson
30	1NT	Kevin Vickerson
31	2NT	Terrance Knighton
32	1UT	Sylvester Williams
33	2UT	Mitch Unrein
34	1RDE	Shaun Phillips
35	2RDE	Robert Ayers
36	3RDE	Quanterus Smith
37	1RCB	Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
38	2RCB	Chris Harris
39	3RCB	Omar Bolden
40	SOLB	Von Miller
41	MLB	Stewart Bradley
42	WOLB	Wesley Woodyard
43	LB Res	Danny Trevathan
44	LB Res	Steven Johnson
45	LB Res	Nate Irving
46	1SS	Duke Ihenacho
47	2SS	Mike Adams
48	1FS	Rahim Moore
49	2FS	David Bruton
50	3FS	Quinton Carter


Special Teams
51	K	Matt Prater
52	P	Britton Colquitt
53	LS	Aaron Brewer

Last edited by pricejj; 08-12-2013 at 08:47 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #72
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 10,120
Default

Who's #53? Also, guys on the FAN say it would be better to have Bannan than Knighton. They are right.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #73
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Who's #53? Also, guys on the FAN say it would be better to have Bannan than Knighton. They are right.
They aren't right.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:54 PM   #74
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Price, you counted Trindon twice: WR and KR.

Another OL and DB would be my guess.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #75
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 10,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Price, you counted Trindon twice: WR and KR.

Another OL and DB would be my guess.
There. Fixed it. Looks like I'm rolling with 5 RB's. Not really sure who takes Walton's spot for the first 6 weeks. Leaning McCray.

Hoping Hester beats out Tony Carter, would throw a small party (w/ Deejay) if that happened.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:26 PM.


Denver Broncos