The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2013, 08:21 AM   #26
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I've got an ilk? I wish they would chip in once in awhile.

What is an "artificial outcome?"

What is "artificial intervention?"

So, helping those who are fundamentally less advanced is pandering to weakness and will lead to the downfall of our nation, or simply losing the great, existential ballgame? Seems rather anti-Christian. I thought we were supposed to reach out and help the less fortunate?
Well let's break it down one word at a time:

Artificial: lacking in natural or spontaneous quality

Outcome: something that follows as a result or consequence

Any person who has been given an artificial opportunity based on their race through a government sanctioned program. Anyone who has benefitted from AA programs and set aside government grants. You're either for equality or you are not.....
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:32 AM   #27
Bacchus

more times than not I am ashamed that i live in texass and I get associated with these rednecks.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:50 AM   #28
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
Well let's break it down one word at a time:

Artificial: lacking in natural or spontaneous quality

Outcome: something that follows as a result or consequence

Any person who has been given an artificial opportunity based on their race through a government sanctioned program. Anyone who has benefitted from AA programs and set aside government grants. You're either for equality or you are not.....
In other words, education is artificial.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:31 AM   #29
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Here's the funny thing about this "science." The guy is a graduate student sponsored by the Koch Bros. American Enterprise Institute, who then moves on to the Heritage Foundation. They use his "science" to back up their anti-immigration policy. So, obviously they are big believers in science.

Oh, I mean except for when the science overwhelmingly supports the idea of man-made global warming. Then they're not such big believers.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:49 AM   #30
houghtam
Ring of Famer

I suppose the "science" used to defend the tobacco industry (paid for by the tobacco industry) was real "science" too.

txtebow is a ****ing tool.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #31
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

If we are going to start making policy decisions based on the tested out intelligence of people, I say we start with testing this guy:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3743390.html
Old 08-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #32
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Here's the funny thing about this "science." The guy is a graduate student sponsored by the Koch Bros. American Enterprise Institute, who then moves on to the Heritage Foundation. They use his "science" to back up their anti-immigration policy. So, obviously they are big believers in science.

Oh, I mean except for when the science overwhelmingly supports the idea of man-made global warming. Then they're not such big believers.
IQ studies have been going on for years with largely the same differentiation and score stratification. Again, another case of Liberals choosing to believe in Science when it suits them.....which makes you more vile than the right wing nut jobs who are simply ignorant. Your type is deceitful...
Old 08-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #33
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
IQ studies have been going on for years with largely the same differentiation and score stratification. Again, another case of Liberals choosing to believe in Science when it suits them.....which makes you more vile than the right wing nut jobs who are simply ignorant. Your type is deceitful...
Okay. You like science? Let's try the largest single study into human cognition testing 100,000 people. And this one was conducted by the Canada Excellence Research Chair in Cognitive Neuroscience and Imaging, not a grad student working for the Heritage Foundation to support their immigration racism.

“For a century or more many people have thought that we can distinguish between people, or indeed populations, based on the idea of general intelligence which is often talked about in terms of a single number: IQ. We have shown here that’s just wrong,” he said.

Studies over the past 50 years based on IQ tests have suggested that there could be inherent differences in intelligence between racial groups, social classes and between men and women, but these conclusions are undermined by the latest findings, Dr Highfield said.

“We already know that, from a scientific point of view, the notion of race is meaningless. Genetic differences do not map on to traditional measurements of skin colour, hair type, body proportions and skull measurements. Now we have shown that IQ is meaningless too,” Dr Highfield said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...s-8425911.html

Like the organizations and ideas you shill for, you use selective science.

Why don't you have the guts to state clearly what you are really trying to sell here instead of constantly masking it in bull****?

The scientists found that no single component, or IQ, could explain all the variations revealed by the tests. The researcher then analysed the brain circuitry of 16 participants with a hospital MRI scanner and found that the three separate components corresponded to three distinct patterns of neural activity in the brain.

“It has always seemed to be odd that we like to call the human brain the most complex known object in the Universe, yet many of us are still prepared to accept that we can measure brain function by doing a few so-called IQ tests,” Dr Highfield said.

Another report on the same study: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1219133334.htm

Last edited by Rohirrim; 08-12-2013 at 12:59 PM..
Old 08-12-2013, 01:39 PM   #34
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
If we are going to start making policy decisions based on the tested out intelligence of people, I say we start with testing this guy:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3743390.html
One of the biggest fookheads in Congress.
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #35
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Okay. You like science? Let's try the largest single study into human cognition testing 100,000 people. And this one was conducted by the Canada Excellence Research Chair in Cognitive Neuroscience and Imaging, not a grad student working for the Heritage Foundation to support their immigration racism.

“For a century or more many people have thought that we can distinguish between people, or indeed populations, based on the idea of general intelligence which is often talked about in terms of a single number: IQ. We have shown here that’s just wrong,” he said.

Studies over the past 50 years based on IQ tests have suggested that there could be inherent differences in intelligence between racial groups, social classes and between men and women, but these conclusions are undermined by the latest findings, Dr Highfield said.

“We already know that, from a scientific point of view, the notion of race is meaningless. Genetic differences do not map on to traditional measurements of skin colour, hair type, body proportions and skull measurements. Now we have shown that IQ is meaningless too,” Dr Highfield said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...s-8425911.html

Like the organizations and ideas you shill for, you use selective science.

Why don't you have the guts to state clearly what you are really trying to sell here instead of constantly masking it in bull****?

The scientists found that no single component, or IQ, could explain all the variations revealed by the tests. The researcher then analysed the brain circuitry of 16 participants with a hospital MRI scanner and found that the three separate components corresponded to three distinct patterns of neural activity in the brain.

“It has always seemed to be odd that we like to call the human brain the most complex known object in the Universe, yet many of us are still prepared to accept that we can measure brain function by doing a few so-called IQ tests,” Dr Highfield said.

Another report on the same study: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1219133334.htm
Interestingly, that study received a lot of coverage. Apparently our resident 'race' expert didn't like its findings.

IQ tests 'do not reflect intelligence'

IQ tests are misleading because they do not accurately reflect intelligence,
according to a study which found that a minimum of three
different exams are needed to measure someone's brainpower.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...elligence.html
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #36
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
more times than not I am ashamed that i live in texass and I get associated with these rednecks.
You should actually be ashamed for falling in line with the rest of the politically correct sheeple.........and I'm anything but a "redneck"...ironic since your speculating through your comment that I'm the one who is ignorant/prejudiced.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #37
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Interestingly, that study received a lot of coverage. Apparently our resident 'race' expert didn't like its findings.

IQ tests 'do not reflect intelligence'

IQ tests are misleading because they do not accurately reflect intelligence,
according to a study which found that a minimum of three
different exams are needed to measure someone's brainpower.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...elligence.html
Right. IQ doesn't matter. It's pure coincidence that those who tend to score highest have split the atom, flown a man to the moon and developed life span altering vaccines. Nothing to see here.....
Old 08-12-2013, 03:06 PM   #38
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default Andrew Sullivan calls each one of you out and he doesn't even know you personally you PC sheep...

http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2013/...ncks-a-racist/

"What I do want to insist is that the premise behind almost all the attacks – that there is no empirical evidence of IQ differences between broad racial categories – is not true. It is true (pdf), if you accept the broad racial categories Americans use as shorthand for a bewilderingly complex DNA salad (a big if, of course). There’s no serious debate about that. The serious debate is about what importance to assign to the concept of “IQ” and about the possible reasons for the enduring discrepancies: environment, nurture, culture, or genes – or some variation of them all"

"But please don’t say truly stupid things like race has no biological element to it or that there is no data on racial differences in IQ (even though those differences are mild compared with overwhelming similarity). Denying empirical reality is not a good thing in any circumstance. In a university context, it is an embrace of illiberalism at its most pernicious and seductive: because its motives are good."
Old 08-12-2013, 03:20 PM   #39
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Don't forget this part:

For my part, I’ve come to doubt the existence of something called “g” or general intelligence, as the research has gathered over the years. I believe IQ is an artificial construct created to predict how well a random person is likely to do in an advanced post-industrial society. And that’s all it is. It certainly shouldn’t be conflated with some Platonic idea of “intelligence.” I don’t think it carries any moral weight at all, either, and I don’t think it should be used in any way in immigration policy. In fact, any public policy that rests on this kind of data is anathema to me. It’s far too close to eugenics, and to the morally repugnant idea that smarter people are somehow better in any meaningful sense.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #40
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Don't forget this part:

For my part, I’ve come to doubt the existence of something called “g” or general intelligence, as the research has gathered over the years. I believe IQ is an artificial construct created to predict how well a random person is likely to do in an advanced post-industrial society. And that’s all it is. It certainly shouldn’t be conflated with some Platonic idea of “intelligence.” I don’t think it carries any moral weight at all, either, and I don’t think it should be used in any way in immigration policy. In fact, any public policy that rests on this kind of data is anathema to me. It’s far too close to eugenics, and to the morally repugnant idea that smarter people are somehow better in any meaningful sense.
Then you're against affirmative action too? Great! We're getting somewhere..
Old 08-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #41
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Right. IQ doesn't matter. It's pure coincidence that those who tend to score highest have split the atom, flown a man to the moon and developed life span altering vaccines. Nothing to see here.....
Now who's being a 'disingenuous twat?'
Old 08-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #42
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Now who's being a 'disingenuous twat?'
There's nothing disingenuous about my post. I was simply showing your folly for everyone to see........
Old 08-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #43
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
There's nothing disingenuous about my post. I was simply showing your folly for everyone to see........
Then you must simply be incapable of comprehending basic English, one or the other.

Now go and find where I claimed 'IQ doesn't matter' or are you so threatened by facts contrary to your agenda that you have to lie??
Old 08-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #44
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Then you must simply be incapable of comprehending basic English, one or the other.

Now go and find where I claimed 'IQ doesn't matter' or are you so threatened by facts contrary to your agenda that you have to lie??
You're making the assertion that IQ exams do not accurately predict INTELLIGENCE (that's what your posted article says)and that therefore IQ isn't an accurate predictor of success in a civilized modern society.

1)Since you don't feel that IQ measures intelligence, what do you think that IQ measures?

2)And why does whatever you decide IQ actually measures correlate with the likelihood of economic success in a modern society?

http://thesocietypages.org/socimages...me-and-wealth/
Old 08-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #45
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

IQ is a pretty useless measurement of our intellectual capabilities or prowess.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #46
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
IQ is a pretty useless measurement of our intellectual capabilities or prowess.
Says Requiem. Now go read my links above...
Old 08-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #47
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Says Requiem. Now go read my links above...
I had these debates in evolutionary and biological anthro courses as an undergrad. No reputable research exists that can identify polygenic differences between races that would lead anyone to believe a reputable link between race and IQ exists. Your statements are as dumb as nyuk'S who also brought this up a long time ago. Though he/she also tried to link cranial capacity (larger size = smarter) into the argument as well.

Pretty stupid.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #48
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
You're making the assertion that IQ exams do not accurately predict INTELLIGENCE (that's what your posted article says)and that therefore IQ isn't an accurate predictor of success in a civilized modern society.

1)Since you don't feel that IQ measures intelligence, what do you think that IQ measures?

2)And why does whatever you decide IQ actually measures correlate with the likelihood of economic success in a modern society?

http://thesocietypages.org/socimages...me-and-wealth/
I made no such assertion. The study was the largest ever conducted and that's what I posted, as did others.

I'm sure you think you know what you're talking about, so explain how and why the research/study is wrong.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #49
nyuk nyuk

We've already seen this here, which is why I said liberals fear and hate any science that contradicts The Narrative.

Dealing with many of these libs is like dealing with flat-earther fundie Christians or Muslims.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #50
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I had these debates in evolutionary and biological anthro courses as an undergrad. No reputable research exists that can identify polygenic differences between races that would lead anyone to believe a reputable link between race and IQ exists. Your statements are as dumb as nyuk'S who also brought this up a long time ago. Though he/she also tried to link cranial capacity (larger size = smarter) into the argument as well.

Pretty stupid.
There is a correlation in this. I certainly didn't invent it nor did I invent anything I said about IQ and the heritability of IQ. Perhaps the issue is you need to look beyond anthro?