The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #5201
mopatt24
Pro Bowler
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
FantasyGuru.com ‏@Fantasy_Guru 2m

Wow. Just wow. RT @adamteicher: #Chiefs trade Jon Baldwin to 49ers for WR AJ Jenkins.
Well then....

Von, take your time
mopatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #5202
Br0nc0Buster
You honeydicking?
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Super Bowl 50 Champs

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 7,411
Default

AJ Jenkins has been a huge bust as well
Bust for Bust
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:23 AM   #5203
Smiling Assassin27
Concerned Citizen
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Blimey me hearties

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 15,000

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pirate Giraffe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
AJ Jenkins has been a huge bust as well
Bust for Bust

yup. one fast, the other slow, both sucky as the day is long. cue Bob telling us Jenkins is the missing piece.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:25 AM   #5204
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 51,280

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
yup. one fast, the other slow, both sucky as the day is long. cue Bob telling us Jenkins is the missing piece.
Sheepstud. Sheepstud is Bob circa 2006. Bob will never believe in the Chiefs so long as Alex Smith is the starting QB.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #5205
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
FantasyGuru.com ‏@Fantasy_Guru 2m

Wow. Just wow. RT @adamteicher: #Chiefs trade Jon Baldwin to 49ers for WR AJ Jenkins.
This reminds me of the Rashan Woods-Sammy Davis bust for bust trade the 49ers and Chargers did 5-6 years ago. That was a waste of time for both teams.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #5206
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
AJ Jenkins has been a huge bust as well
Bust for Bust
Jenkins is actually worse. He cannot get off the line. At all. He's too small.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #5207
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 25,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
FantasyGuru.com ‏@Fantasy_Guru 2m

Wow. Just wow. RT @adamteicher: #Chiefs trade Jon Baldwin to 49ers for WR AJ Jenkins.
Each one fits better with their new team. 49ers need a big physical guy, Chiefs need a speedy guy.
IndelibleScribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #5208
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Each one fits better with their new team. 49ers need a big physical guy, Chiefs need a speedy guy.
Boldin isn't big and physical enough? All it means is Harbaugh and Baalke realized there is no improvement in Jenkins. He looks horrendous and gets swallowed up at the line consistently. If SF wasn't so strapped for WRs Jenkins could've been just cut.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #5209
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 45,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
This reminds me of the Rashan Woods-Sammy Davis bust for bust trade the 49ers and Chargers did 5-6 years ago. That was a waste of time for both teams.
Or the Bronco Fins trade around 2000, Avery for Marcus Nash.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #5210
bronco militia
made a business decision"
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 719
Posts: 28,672
Default

the bengals stink...who knew?

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #5211
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 25,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Boldin isn't big and physical enough? All it means is Harbaugh and Baalke realized there is no improvement in Jenkins. He looks horrendous and gets swallowed up at the line consistently. If SF wasn't so strapped for WRs Jenkins could've been just cut.
The Niners play a physical almost B1G style. I think Crabtree and Boldin are the types of WR's they need to thrive in their system.
Not that a Jenkins sized guy can't, but he just isn't confident and his play has been horrendous.

I just think they can find production from Baldwin whereas they couldn't from Jenkins.
Much like I think Reid can get production out of Jenkins whereas the Niners can't because he fits Reid's system better.

I'm not trying to claim both will be studs with the change of scenery.
I just think both will be better off and more productive with their new teams, schemes and fits.
IndelibleScribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:18 AM   #5212
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17,454
Default

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

The #Steelers believe rookie Le'Veon Bell has a lis franc injury, which could keep him out for some time. Team is pretty frustrated.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:24 AM   #5213
Smilin Assassin
Tradition
 
Smilin Assassin's Avatar
 
"Buy in, or get the hell out."

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 2,182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

The #Steelers believe rookie Le'Veon Bell has a lis franc injury, which could keep him out for some time. Team is pretty frustrated.

Ouch. Feelin ever better about the Montee Ball selection now. I was a lil worried when we dropped down and the steelers nabbed Bell. I liked the way he ran in college.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #5214
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 45,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
The Niners play a physical almost B1G style. I think Crabtree and Boldin are the types of WR's they need to thrive in their system.
Not that a Jenkins sized guy can't, but he just isn't confident and his play has been horrendous.

I just think they can find production from Baldwin whereas they couldn't from Jenkins.
Much like I think Reid can get production out of Jenkins whereas the Niners can't because he fits Reid's system better.

I'm not trying to claim both will be studs with the change of scenery.
I just think both will be better off and more productive with their new teams, schemes and fits.
Likely because Jenkins is slower and can play closer to LOS with Captain Check Down.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #5215
Kid A
Ring of Famer
 
Kid A's Avatar
 
I don't need love. I just need wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,548

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

Yep, Lisfranc'd


Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #5216
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 8,861
Default

That lisfranc virus is making the rounds.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:40 PM   #5217
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 51,280

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
That lisfranc virus is making the rounds.
This is what the virus looks like - so we can all be aware.

Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #5218
Smiling Assassin27
Concerned Citizen
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Blimey me hearties

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 15,000

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pirate Giraffe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
This is what the virus looks like - so we can all be aware.


I thought it looked more like this:

Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:41 PM   #5219
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

duly noted for fantasy draft next friday
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #5220
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,070

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on NFL Insiders that the Patriots are "putting out feelers" about available tight ends.
Jacob Tamme, Clay Harbor, and Tony Moeaki are just a few names that could be available. Whether the Patriots' interest in tight ends has anything to do with their expectations on Rob Gronkowski's (back surgery) recovery is impossible to say. It's also possible they're not pleased with Daniel Fells and Jake Ballard behind Zach Sudfeld. The Boston Herald reported Monday that Gronk remains "right on schedule" for a return in mid-September.


The Contra Costa Times considers Andre Gurode the favorite to open the season as the Raiders' starting right guard.
Gurode, 34, was signed off the street last month, and this is shaping up to be one of the worst offensive lines in the history of the sport. From left to right, the Raiders' line looks like this: LT Alex Barron, LG Lucas Nix, C Stefen Wisniewski, RG Gurode, RT Khalif Barnes. Look for the Raiders to be on the look-out for linemen when other teams start making their final cuts.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:24 PM   #5221
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,258

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on NFL Insiders that the Patriots are "putting out feelers" about available tight ends.
Jacob Tamme, Clay Harbor, and Tony Moeaki are just a few names that could be available. Whether the Patriots' interest in tight ends has anything to do with their expectations on Rob Gronkowski's (back surgery) recovery is impossible to say. It's also possible they're not pleased with Daniel Fells and Jake Ballard behind Zach Sudfeld. The Boston Herald reported Monday that Gronk remains "right on schedule" for a return in mid-September.


The Contra Costa Times considers Andre Gurode the favorite to open the season as the Raiders' starting right guard.
Gurode, 34, was signed off the street last month, and this is shaping up to be one of the worst offensive lines in the history of the sport. From left to right, the Raiders' line looks like this: LT Alex Barron, LG Lucas Nix, C Stefen Wisniewski, RG Gurode, RT Khalif Barnes. Look for the Raiders to be on the look-out for linemen when other teams start making their final cuts.


http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/
Wisniewski is a very good center....
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #5222
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

At the raiders.

In other news Aaron Maybin cut from bengals. I remember alot of hype in that draft. Ayers has to be happy he's still out there puttin in work.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #5223
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 25,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Likely because Jenkins is slower and can play closer to LOS with Captain Check Down.
I wasn't going to say it. But yeah
IndelibleScribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:55 PM   #5224
brom66an6
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 147
Default

Am I the only one finding it a little funny that dumveril is only getting on the field on 3rd and long situations?
brom66an6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #5225
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 462
Default

lol @ Detroit punking the Patriots in all three phases right now.

http://library.kraftsportsgroup.com/...broadcast.html

Last edited by SeedReaver; 08-22-2013 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: added link
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:14 PM.


Denver Broncos