The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT

From an email;

I recently saw a Food inspector on TV.... He said he had lived overseas and he had seen the filthy conditions their foods are raised and processed in.

It is enough to make you throw up. Some foreign workers have to wear masks as they work in these places, because the food is so rotten and filthy, it makes them want to throw up. Many of their Fish on Fish Farms are fed Raw sewage daily. He said he has seen so much filth throughout their food growing and processing that he would "never" eat any of it. They raise this filth , put some food coloring and some flavorings on it, then they ship it to the USA for YOU to consume and feed to YOUR families. They have no Food & Safety Inspectors. They ship it to you to buy and poison your families and friends.

Imported food we eat and the junk we buy
Green Giant frozen vegetables are from China ,
And so are most of Europe 's Best.

Arctic Gardens are Okay. So is Birdseye.

Never buy the grocery store garlic unless it is clearly marked from USA or Canada, the other stuff is grown in people poop (even worse than chicken poop).
China is the largest producer of garlic in the world. U.S. Is next.

Buy only local honey, much honey is shipped in huge containers from China and re-packed here.

Cold-FX is grown and packed in China and is full of fecal bacteria. Doesn't work anyway, big scam. If the country of origin is not clearly marked beware.
If produce, ask an employee.

Watch out for packages which state "prepared for", "packed by" or "imported by". I don't understand the lack of mandatory labeling, especially the produce.
The country of origin should be clearly shown on the item in the store. I go to the local farmers' markets in season and keep a wary eye open the rest of the year.

Please read this very carefully, and read to the very bottom.
It's important for all of us.

How is it possible to ship food from China cheaper than having it produced in the U.S. Or Canada?

FOR EXAMPLE THE "OUR FAMILY" BRAND OF MANDARIN ORANGES SAYS RIGHT ON THE CAN 'FROM CHINA '. SO, FOR A FEW MORE CENTS, BUY THE LIBERTY BRAND.
GOLD BRAND OR THE DOLE IS FROM CALIFORNIA
Beware, Costco sells canned peaches and pears in a plastic jar that come from China

ALL "HIGH LINER" AND MOST OTHER FROZEN FISH PRODUCTS COME FROM CHINA OR INDONESIA . THE PACKAGE MAY SAY "PACIFIC SALMON" ON THE FRONT, BUT LOOK FOR THE SMALL PRINT. MOST OF THESE PRODUCTS COME FROM FISH FARMS IN THE ORIENT WHERE THERE ARE NO REGULATIONS ON WHAT IS FED TO THESE FISH.

Recently The Montreal Gazette had an article by the Canadian Government on how Chinese feed the fish: They suspend chicken wire crates over the fish ponds, and the fish feed on chicken s--t.
If you search the Internet about what the Chinese feed their fish, you'll be alarmed; e.g., growth hormones, expired anti-biotic from humans. Never buy any type of fish or shellfish that comes from these countries: Vietnam , China , Philippines

Check this out personally. I did. Steinfeld's Pickles are made in India - just as bad!

Another example is in canned mushrooms. No-Name brand came from Indonesia.

Also check those little fruit cups. They used to be made in Canada in the Niagara region until about 2 years ago. They are now packaged in China!

While the Chinese export inferior and even toxic products, dangerous toys, and goods to be sold in North American markets, the media wrings its hands!

Yet, 70% of North Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended!

Well, duh! Why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges?

SIMPLY DO IT YOURSELF, CANADA AND THE U.S.!

Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in China ' or 'PRC' (Peoples Republic of China, and that now includes Hong Kong), simply choose another product, or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.

THINK ABOUT THIS:

If 200 million North Americans refuse to buy just $20 each of Chinese goods, that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor...fast!! The downside? Some Canadian/American businesses will feel a temporary pinch from having foreign stockpiles of inventory.

Just one month of trading losses will hit the Chinese for 8% of their North American exports.
Then they will at least have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and lawlessness are worth it.

START NOW and don't stop.

Send this to everybody you know. Let's show them that we are intelligent, and and NOBODY can take us for granted.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
Meck77

This is an area where you and I do agree. Maybe not for the same doomsday idea though.

My organic heirloom seed collection just hit 5 million or so recently with my latest haul.

I'm perfecting a system to where every American can have a back yard garden with 20+ plants for I'm hoping less than $60.00. It will come living and mobile from my farms. Still working on final costs. Proto types are pumping out superior organic, virtually no maintenance, weed free food!

While some see America on the decline I see a renaissance happening all across America with new technology for farming, local community farms, CSA farms, huge farmers markets, gardening classes in every small town and major city, the American people's potential is LIMITLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's an exciting time to be an American!

Last edited by Meck77; 08-09-2013 at 12:17 PM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:16 PM   #3
Bacchus

Jesus Christ, it keeps getting harder and harder just to ****ing live.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #4
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Jesus Christ, it keeps getting harder and harder just to ****ing live.
I guess it depends on how you look at things. Growing your food has never been easier, signing up to own shares in an an organic farm to provide all your fresh healthy food has never been easier. Hell most of them have websites where you click a mouse, give them a credit card, and they will damn near deliver it to your house or within a few miles of your house.

No more fighting crowds at the grocery store buying ****ty food! It's like dominos pizza service but the food is amazing.

Here are several HUNDRED THOUSAND options for you.

Personally I like the ones where you pick the food yourself. No lines at the grocery store, pay the farmer cash, food is on the grill 20 minutes after you pick it. (depending on your location of course).

http://www.localharvest.org/

Last edited by Meck77; 08-09-2013 at 12:29 PM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

The only seafood I buy says "Wild caught in Alaska" right on the package. I don't buy shrimp anymore. Ninety percent of it is farmed and the other ten percent comes from the Gulf. I don't really care what BP says, that **** ain't safe. I don't eat farmed seafood. I'm sure Tilapia is no different, as far as the conditions go. I also don't buy any produce grown outside the U.S., especially Mexico. I get my raw, unfiltered honey from Ambrosia Honey Co. in Longmont, at least until I can get my own hive going.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #6
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Agree. Watch out for pet treats from china too.
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #7
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Unfortunately, we are trashing the oceans at such an alarming rate that pretty soon nothing from the ocean will be safe either.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #8
B-Large

We've had a nice yield from our garden this year, I have eatin so much eggplant I think I am turning purple...

I am really reluctant to eat anything these days. We eat alot of lentils that we soak (no canned) in many of out dishes, kind of hard to **** up a organic lentil. Alot beans we soak as well, good sources of protein, and again, pretty hard to **** up an organic bean.

I went into a Walmart once, a buddy of mine needed something and it was close. for fun I went a looked at the food.. my gosh, scary- all the fish was from Thailand, the beef was a grayish/brown or starting to go there in msot packages, overall, yikes.

Plant based has been a good thing for me, I don;t have to worry about alot of those things....

did I mentioned beer and Boubon were plant based... oh yeah!
Old 08-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #9
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Basically if it comes in a package or box and is not from a natural foods store with the organic emblem that you are pretty sure it is toxic to some degree.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:33 PM   #10
ak1971
uhhhh

So that's why everyone calls me a p***Y
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #11
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1971 View Post
So that's why everyone calls me a p***Y
and why they call Bob shiit for brains
Old 08-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #12
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Basically if it comes in a package or box and is not from a natural foods store with the organic emblem that you are pretty sure it is toxic to some degree.
Water is toxic to some degree.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #13
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Water is toxic to some degree.

Toxic to the extreme if your community water department is adding fluoride to your water.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #14
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

BTW Wags is your logic everything is toxic so don't worry about being selective?
Old 08-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #15
nyuk nyuk

Just saw a movie and ate a hot dog.

Am I a weenie?

No wait, I'm not a Democrat.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #16
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

http://www.peta.org/b/thepetafiles/a...r-hot-dog.aspx
Old 08-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #17
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Toxic to the extreme if your community water department is adding fluoride to your water.
General Jack D. Ripper: Mandrake, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, Mandrake, children's ice cream.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: [very nervous] Lord, Jack.
General Jack D. Ripper: You know when fluoridation first began?
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: I... no, no. I don't, Jack.
General Jack D. Ripper: Nineteen hundred and forty-six. 1946, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Uh, Jack, Jack, listen... tell me, tell me, Jack. When did you first... become... well, develop this theory?
General Jack D. Ripper: [somewhat embarrassed] Well, I, uh... I... I... first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Hmm.
General Jack D. Ripper: Yes, a uh, a profound sense of fatigue... a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I... I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Hmm.
General Jack D. Ripper: I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence. I, uh... I do not avoid women, Mandrake.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: No.
General Jack D. Ripper: But I... I do deny them my essence.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #18
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
BTW Wags is your logic everything is toxic so don't worry about being selective?
"Toxic to some degree" is meaningless.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #19
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Last year, Americans purchased more than 700 million packages of hot dogs at retail stores (and that’s excluding sales from Wal-Mart, which doesn't report numbers). Figure in restaurants, food carts, circuses, ballparks and the like, and that’s a lot of dogs. In fact, the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council estimates that Americans consume 20 billion hot dogs annually.

The country’s most beloved tube of meat is Sara Lee’s Ball Park brand, which eclipsed sales of Oscar Mayer in 2010. Other media outlets have pulled back the curtain on hot dog ingredients in the past -- and since we’re at the start of prime hot dog season, it seems as good a time as any to take another look at the who’s who of hot dog ingredients.

So without further ado, before the Fourth of July grills are aflame, here's the skinny on America's winning wiener, the Original Ball Park frank:

Mechanically separated turkey: Looking more like strawberry frosting than blended meat and bone bits, the USDA defines mechanically separated poultry (MSP) as “a paste-like and batter-like poultry product produced by forcing bones, with attached edible tissue, through a sieve or similar device under high pressure to separate bone from the edible tissue.” Hot dogs can contain any amount of mechanically separated chicken or turkey.

Pork: According to 1994 USDA rules, any meat labeled as the meat it is can be taken off the bone by advanced meat recovery (AMR) machinery that "separates meat from bone by scraping, shaving, or pressing the meat from the bone without breaking or grinding the bone."

Water The USDA states that hot dogs must contain less than 10 percent water.

Corn syrup: A combo of cornstarch and acids, corn syrup is used as a thickener and sweetener, as MSNBC notes -- it contains no nutrients but does add extra calories.

Beef: In 2004, to protect consumers against Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (mad cow disease), mechanically separated beef was considered inedible and prohibited for use as human food, so be glad you won't be finding it in your dog.

Salt: Hot dogs are salty, that's part of their job. And in fact, each one has about 480 milligrams, the rough equivalent of 20 percent of your recommended daily allowance.

Potassium lactate: This hydroscopic, white, odorless solid is prepared commercially by the neutralization of lactic acid with potassium hydroxide. The FDA allows its use as as a flavor enhancer, flavoring agent, humectant, pH control agent, and for inhibiting the growth of certain pathogens.

Sodium phosphates: Any of three sodium salt of phosphoric acids that can be used as a food preservative or to add texture -- because texture is important when you're eating a tube of meat paste.

Flavorings: Under current FDA guidelines, most flavoring agents allowed to be listed as "flavor" rather specified individually, so, this remains a bit of a mystery.

Beef stock: You know the drill: Boiled water with pieces of muscle, bones, joints, connective tissue and other scraps of the carcass.

Sodium diacetate: This is a molecular compound of acetic acid, sodium acetate, and water of hydration. The FDA allows its use as an antimicrobial agent, a flavoring agent and adjuvant, a pH control agent, and as an inhibitor of the growth of certain pathogens.

Sodium erythorbate: A sodium salt of erythorbic acid, it is often used as a preservative and helps meat-based products keep their rosy hue. Side effects have been reported, such as dizziness, gastrointestinal issues, headaches and on occasion, kidney stones.

Maltodextrin: Basically, a filler and/or thickening agent used in processed foods, it's a compound made from cooked starch, corn, or wheat.

Sodium nitrate: This common preservative helps preserve the red color of cured meat -- although studies have shown that consuming sodium nitrite may increase cancer risk and trigger migraines. Animal studies have linked sodium nitrates to an increased risk of cancer.

Extractives of paprika: An oil-based extract from the paprika plant -- natural ingredient! -- used for color and longer shelf life.

For natural, organic hot dogs that have a minimal ingredient list, try hot dogs from Applegate Farms or other all-natural meat makers.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #20
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
"Toxic to some degree" is meaningless.
Wags you are a very poor shill

You worry about global warming yet you scoff at being selective with what you put into you body. Do you think any poster here takes you seriously. Your section chief should fire you or at least reassign you.

Go eat a hot dog and fart into a jar.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:06 PM   #21
jhat01
Ring of Famer

Knuckle Dragging Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ManRam

I just had a grass fed bison flat iron steak, with onions and peppers from the garden sautéed in ghee and some roasted broccoli..delicious. I don't know why I waited so long to cut out grains, but I'm glad I did.
jhat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:35 PM   #22
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Wags you are a very poor shill

You worry about global warming yet you scoff at being selective with what you put into you body. Do you think any poster here takes you seriously. Your section chief should fire you or at least reassign you.

Go eat a hot dog and fart into a jar.
There's nothing that's *not* "toxic" in "some degree".

I wouldn't recommend a diet of arsenic, or cyanide, or Taco Bell. Or Alex Jones, for that matter.

What good is a sound body if one has a sick mind (like yours)?
Old 08-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #23
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Recently The Montreal Gazette had an article by the Canadian Government on how Chinese feed the fish: They suspend chicken wire crates over the fish ponds, and the fish feed on chicken s--t.

Never buy the grocery store garlic unless it is clearly marked from USA or Canada, the other stuff is grown in people poop (even worse than chicken poop).

I'm surprised to see an organic food honk being squeamish about time honored, 100% all natural organic farming methods.

What do you think organic (and non organic) fertilizer is? Pixie dust?
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #24
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Just saw a movie and ate a hot dog.

Am I a weenie?

No wait, I'm not a Democrat.
Really? Bob Hope humor?. Evolve, man! Evolve!
Old 08-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #25
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
I'm surprised to see an organic food honk being squeamish about time honored, 100% all natural organic farming methods.

What do you think organic (and non organic) fertilizer is? Pixie dust?
Fine you eat it.