The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #51
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
Hair Bands were heavy drinking, heavy drugging and promiscous group of sex pots who reached the Kids of the 80's... are they immoral as well?
Young rebellion is timeless.

But that always passes in time. It's the example we leave for the kids to turn back to after the hangover phase that we need to worry about.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #52
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Only the working poor and the middle class incomes are down since the Right achieved ideological supremacy.

Exactly as intended.

Look in the ****ing mirror, pud.
Both parties have shipped in millions upon millions of low wage workers and have shipped out millions of well-paying jobs. How that can be debated is beyond me, unless you're saying Democrats were emasculated and somehow forced to do all this against their will, just like they're currently forced to push for amnesty of ****loads more millions of dirt cheap laborers as a way of getting more votes.

But then again, the pro-worker of the Democratic party has become an endangered species anyway, and for obvious reasons. If they're for any workers, it's for Mexican ones. Not Americans.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #53
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
You and the other trogs are just trying to excuse your anti-black racism, without the honesty of wearing the pointy white hoods. In a sick way, that makes you even more contemptible than the blatant bigots.
I point out your crapping on everyone you disagree with by calling them liars by default and somehow that makes me a racist. Well that's impressive.

  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #54
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Hip hop was an example. Not the only group doing it. It also includes 60s counterculture rock and 70s hippies.
And the 50s "rock and roll" with its carnal hip movements and obvious derivation from Negro-ridden reefer-fueled "jazz".

And the 40s Frank Sinatra, that no-good Mafia buddy.

And the 20s "flappers" with their vulgar "Charleston" and cigarette smoking.

Just how far ****ing back do you want to turn the clock?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #55
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
And the 50s "rock and roll" with its carnal hip movements and obvious derivation from Negro-ridden reefer-fueled "jazz".

And the 40s Frank Sinatra, that no-good Mafia buddy.

And the 20s "flappers" with their vulgar "Charleston" and cigarette smoking.

Just how far ****ing back do you want to turn the clock?
What does that have to do with modern hip hop glamorizing criminality and gangs to young Americans? Is it really wrong to ask the government to enforce existing obscenity laws to put a stop to such crap? Seriously? Does this threaten you or something?

Does it be raciss and sheet?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #56
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
What does that have to do with modern hip hop glamorizing criminality and gangs to young Americans? Is it really wrong to ask the government to enforce existing obscenity laws to put a stop to such crap?
You still haven't figured out that the more attention you draw to something, the more popular it becomes.

Obviously, you don't have a whole lot of respect for freedom of speech, as is typical of conservatives.

Hard to believe that so much wrong can be put into such short comments on your part.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #57
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
All hail Hercules!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,131

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Hip hop and rap - the modern version at least - is full of socially immoral, destructive behavior and promotes such. Not left, as in anticapitalist left, not that far left. Liberal as in lockstep Democrats? Nearly always, yes. With very, very little exception.
Frankly, I don't know what "liberal" Democrats stand for anymore. I'm surprised that you think you do. As far as I can tell, they stand for nothing. I consider myself a Teddy Roosevelt Progressive. What that means is not anti-capitalism, but well regulated capitalism and a Square Deal for every American. In other words, a level playing field and rules to the game that everyone must follow. Of course, to you rabid Right Wingers, anything short of out and out piracy is considered communism.

Hip hop is pure, unadulterated materialism.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #58
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,852

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Hating on hip-hop is lame.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #59
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Frankly, I don't know what "liberal" Democrats stand for anymore. I'm surprised that you think you do. As far as I can tell, they stand for nothing. I consider myself a Teddy Roosevelt Progressive. What that means is not anti-capitalism, but well regulated capitalism and a Square Deal for every American. In other words, a level playing field and rules to the game that everyone must follow. Of course, to you rabid Right Wingers, anything short of out and out piracy is considered communism.

Hip hop is pure, unadulterated materialism.
I thought you told us you were a socialist?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #60
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Hating on hip-hop is lame.
Pay attention. I was "hating" on degenerate lyrics that glamorize criminality, crime, and promiscuity. Read closer.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #61
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Frankly, I don't know what "liberal" Democrats stand for anymore. I'm surprised that you think you do. As far as I can tell, they stand for nothing. I consider myself a Teddy Roosevelt Progressive. What that means is not anti-capitalism, but well regulated capitalism and a Square Deal for every American. In other words, a level playing field and rules to the game that everyone must follow. Of course, to you rabid Right Wingers, anything short of out and out piracy is considered communism.

Hip hop is pure, unadulterated materialism.
A "square deal" is a vague and subjective term, thus a meaningless one. I have no problem with well-regulated capitalism. It's what I want. What I have no interest in are "square deals" defined by the subjective views of especially people on the political left, whatever stripe they may be. I can almost feel myself being pick pocketed...
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #62
El Minion
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
What does that have to do with modern hip hop glamorizing criminality and gangs to young Americans? Is it really wrong to ask the government to enforce existing obscenity laws to put a stop to such crap? Seriously? Does this threaten you or something?

Does it be raciss and sheet?
Tipper Gore, "Go on..."

El Minion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #63
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Music in and of itself isn't a disease. If a type of music intentionally creates a social scene that promotes poor values, such as we see today, then that's another story.

Some of the worst values for whatever odd reason are being promoted in hip hop and rap. How can anyone say those negative messages aren't impacting the minds of the young? We need to start enforcing obscenity laws.
It's the devil's music. Before that it was heavy metal, preceded by rock and roll, preceded by jazz. I think the devil enjoyed bluegrass too, but I could be mistaken.
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #64
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
What does that have to do with modern hip hop glamorizing criminality and gangs to young Americans? Is it really wrong to ask the government to enforce existing obscenity laws to put a stop to such crap? Seriously? Does this threaten you or something?

Does it be raciss and sheet?
Interesting. So obscenity laws don't violate the First Amendment, but gun control laws violate the Second Amendment?

Explain, please.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #65
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Pay attention. I was "hating" on degenerate lyrics that glamorize criminality, crime, and promiscuity. Read closer.
"Promiscuity" being defined as anything intimate other than missionary-style-in-the-dark-between-a-married-couple-and-done-as-quickly-as-possible-because-its-icky.

Typical right-wing hangup about sex.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #66
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Interesting. So obscenity laws don't violate the First Amendment, but gun control laws violate the Second Amendment?

Explain, please.
Clearly words are more dangerous than assault weapons! Duh!
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #67
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Clearly words are more dangerous than assault weapons! Duh!
Yeah, especially when they don't go along with your puritan world view.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #68
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
All hail Hercules!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,131

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
A "square deal" is a vague and subjective term, thus a meaningless one. I have no problem with well-regulated capitalism. It's what I want. What I have no interest in are "square deals" defined by the subjective views of especially people on the political left, whatever stripe they may be. I can almost feel myself being pick pocketed...
Americans had no problem knowing exactly what "square deal" meant at the time TR brought it up. Maybe a few people, like you, might need pie charts. They saw the massive excesses of greed at the top and knew there had to be a change for the survival of the country. Funny how things go full circle in such a short time. Of course, every time you put the Right, and their ideology of greed in charge, you can expect the economy to crash.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #69
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,852

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Pay attention. I was "hating" on degenerate lyrics that glamorize criminality, crime, and promiscuity. Read closer.
You speak a lot about the intentions of a community you have no serious immersion in. Pretty sad.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #70
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,003

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

An entire threat devoted to The Usual Suspects (TM) engaging in some good 'ole Golden Age Fallacy.

Fascinating.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:58 AM   #71
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Minion View Post
Tipper Gore, "Go on..."

No, dear. They existed long before she came along.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:59 AM   #72
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
You speak a lot about the intentions of a community you have no serious immersion in. Pretty sad.
Wait - didn't you have me on ignore? Perhaps you should have kept me there since clearly all you can do is talk to or about me in angry one-liner posts.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:00 AM   #73
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Americans had no problem knowing exactly what "square deal" meant at the time TR brought it up. Maybe a few people, like you, might need pie charts. They saw the massive excesses of greed at the top and knew there had to be a change for the survival of the country. Funny how things go full circle in such a short time. Of course, every time you put the Right, and their ideology of greed in charge, you can expect the economy to crash.
Greed comes in many forms, including people voting themselves free things.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:55 AM   #74
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Oh noes! Thugs in the classrooms! Our society is falling apart!



I'm tellin' ya. It's that goddamn rock and roll. It's like a disease! It's communism!
This from an era when acting up in school was comprised of directing spitballs at your classmates and telling the teacher that your dog ate your homework...you're making false equivalency my friend.
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:07 AM   #75
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
This from an era when acting up in school was comprised of directing spitballs at your classmates and telling the teacher that your dog ate your homework or physically assaulting someone while forcibly shaving their hair because you think they're gay.
FYP
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:01 PM.


Denver Broncos