The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2013, 07:07 AM   #151
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

**** all these black folks criticizing Cooper for saying ******. When black folks stop calling each other ******, I'll stop calling some of them ******s.

I was listening to Rodney Harrison on the radio just now saying, "I've used the n-word many, many times, and you hear it a lot in locker rooms." But Cooper needs extensive counseling. **** you, Rodney. Go get some counseling and take all your brothas with you.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:10 AM   #152
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
**** all these black folks criticizing Cooper for saying ******. When black folks stop calling each other ******, I'll stop calling some of them ******s.

I was listening to Rodney Harrison on the radio just now saying, "I've used the n-word many, many times, and you hear it a lot in locker rooms." But Cooper needs extensive counseling. **** you, Rodney. Go get some counseling and take all your brothas with you.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #153
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

...yikes
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #154
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Yes, and they speak a little better compared to your post.
Well I didn't see any in the short video? No need for a smart @** remark!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #155
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:

Old 08-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #156
rmsanger
I support Missouri cops

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Because he used the work nukka + is white + a threatening violent act. So automatically he is a racist and everything he ever has done or anyone he has ever known is now tainted.

This f'ing country sometimes!
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #157
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:

... okay.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #158
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
...yikes
Can't say I blame Cito for having the attitude he has.......after all, if the president can claim a black person's life experiences can cause their racist views of whites, then why can't the scenario be reversed? Maybe some blacks have wronged Cito......or a member of his family?

Add in that we've been told by the liberals in this nation that

the entire world's ancestors came from Africa,

that Adam and Eve were actually black,

and that it's cool if blacks call other blacks the "N" word regardless if they use the "er" or "a"

so using their alleged truths, then that logically means that Cito's ancestors are from Africa, and were black, and since that means he's really a black man, why can't he use the word if it's allegedly ok for blacks to use it?

If a woman went around calling other women a B itch, a W hore, or a C unt.....why would she then be shocked if a man called her the same thing?

amazing how a black man can call a white man "cracker" or "cracka" and nobody says crap (and "cracker" is used the same way as "N" word is used - to cause hurt, demean, and make fun of)...but when the roles are reversed and a white guy uses that "N" word it's a major crime?

I've said it many times on here....a derogatory name is a derogatory name regardless of who says it. Justice for everyone or justice for no one.....if the NFL is gonna punish him for saying it, they should punish everyone who says it or any other derogatory name regardless of skin color
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:56 AM   #159
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Can't say I blame Cito for having the attitude he has.......after all, if the president can claim a black person's life experiences can cause their racist views of whites, then why can't the scenario be reversed? Maybe some blacks have wronged Cito......or a member of his family?

Add in that we've been told by the liberals in this nation that

the entire world's ancestors came from Africa,

that Adam and Eve were actually black,

and that it's cool if blacks call other blacks the "N" word regardless if they use the "er" or "a"

so using their alleged truths, then that logically means that Cito's ancestors are from Africa, and were black, and since that means he's really a black man, why can't he use the word if it's allegedly ok for blacks to use it?

If a woman went around calling other women a B itch, a W hore, or a C unt.....why would she then be shocked if a man called her the same thing?

amazing how a black man can call a white man "cracker" or "cracka" and nobody says crap (and "cracker" is used the same way as "N" word is used - to cause hurt, demean, and make fun of)...but when the roles are reversed and a white guy uses that "N" word it's a major crime?

I've said it many times on here....a derogatory name is a derogatory name regardless of who says it. Justice for everyone or justice for no one.....if the NFL is gonna punish him for saying it, they should punish everyone who says it or any other derogatory name regardless of skin color
Eh. I'm a white guy. I laugh at racist jokes. I do think there are reverse racism examples (Obama's reelection, for one).

...but I definitely avoid that word. Nothing positive comes from it and there are no words a minority could say to me that has the same emotional degradation or or negative connotation and that's really the bottom-line for me.

"Honkey" or "cracker" will never have the same emasculating effect or have the same power to undercut an entire race and their cultural accomplishments with a single word.

Maybe Jews can associate somewhat since their "k-word" is pretty heavy too, but I simply don't have a place to say either.

So you can turn this into a conversation about liberalism, anecdotal experience and about how common blacks use the word themselves, but the bottom-line is that you're reaching to justify something that's wrong. And even if you found enough to justify it, it's still wrong and always will be.

Last thing: How did you fit a weird anti-evolution rant in there?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #160
bombay
Ring of Famer

So lots of white guys are pissed because they can't say n*****?

Why would you want to?
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:00 AM   #161
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Eh. I'm a white guy. I laugh at racist jokes. I do think there are reverse racism examples (Obama's reelection, for one).

...but I definitely avoid that word. Nothing positive comes from it and there are no words a minority could say to me that has the same emotional degradation or or negative connotation and that's really the bottom-line for me.

"Honkey" or "cracker" will never have the same emasculating effect or have the same power to undercut an entire race and their cultural accomplishments with a single word.

Maybe Jews can associate somewhat since their "k-word" is pretty heavy too, but I simply don't have a place to say either.

So you can turn this into a conversation about liberalism, anecdotal experience and about how common blacks use the word themselves, but the bottom-line is that you're reaching to justify something that's wrong. And even if you found enough to justify it, it's still wrong and always will be.

+1
Old 08-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #162
yerner
Ring of Famer

wow, ive never read a thread ive hated more on the mane. really shows some peoples
true colors.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #163
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
wow, ive never read a thread ive hated more on the mane. really shows some peoples
true colors.
My thoughts exactly. I am surprised actually.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #164
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #165
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Eh. I'm a white guy. I laugh at racist jokes.

I agree that many jokes about racial stereotypes are pretty funny...

I do think there are reverse racism examples (Obama's reelection, for one).

reverse racism runs rampant in this country nowadays.....ever notice how it is generally caucasians that are charged with "hate" crimes or labelled racists?

...but I definitely avoid that word.

As do I...in fact the only time it is even uttered by me is when these kind of discussions are debated

Nothing positive comes from it and there are no words a minority could say to me that has the same emotional degradation or or negative connotation and that's really the bottom-line for me.

While I too was raised that "sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me"....but not everyone has my attitude to the whole name calling thing.

Some whites do have a problem with being called "cracker" as it is meant to demean them as racist, slave owner loving, pieces of white trash

I'm also a believer that if you legitimize one freakshow you're gonna have to legitimize them all. If using the word "cracker" is ok for blacks to use, then I'm not shocked that some whites don't see the big to do over this guy using the "N" word. Which is why I said if the NFL is gonna have a punishment for using the word they need to make sure ANYONE regardless of race is punished for it.

"cracker' is being used to undercut the white race just the same as "****er" to undercut the black race.

And yet amazingly, the same race baiters like Jackson and Sharpton who point out every use of the "N" word are usually the worst offenders when using Hymie town or Kike once again...a derogatory name is a derogatory name regardless of who says it

I'm not trying to justify anything.....but I do understand where others who feel the way Cito does are coming from. And I've stated numerous times on here that it is wrong to use it, and it shouldn't matter if a black guy or white guy says it

Just pointing out that the ridiculous argument FOR using the word is if you're black, you can use it.......well, according to some people, we're ALL descendants of blacks from Africa, so if being black is justification for using the word, and we all have black ancestors, then that means everyone is justified in using it.

in bold
Old 08-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #166
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I'll see your Niger please and raise you Chris Rock's -

Old 08-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #167
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
"cracker' is being used to undercut the white race just the same as "****er" to undercut the black race.
not even close. even a rudimentary understanding of this country's history would show that the term 'cracker' or probably any other racist term has nowhere near the degrading connotations as the n word.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #168
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

this is a classic example of the media making a big deal out of a very little mistake by a football player who was drunk and said something stupid.

Congrats for making this some huge crapfest people.

The NFL network had a professor from UC Berkeley on--an African American professor--who basically said the same thing. He said he accepts Cooper's apology and that should be enough. Then he basically called out the black community and the media which throws the N word around like it's going out of style.

Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised by what this African American professor had to say on the subject.

peace out
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #169
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
not even close. even a rudimentary understanding of this country's history would show that the term 'cracker' or probably any other racist term has nowhere near the degrading connotations as the n word.
How does one racist remark trump another racist remark?

Silly me, for thinking racist remarks are bad no matter what it is or who said it.....
Old 08-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #170
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
How does one racist remark trump another racist remark?

Silly me, for thinking racist remarks are bad no matter what it is or who said it.....
no, but it might be silly not understanding bad and worse. or at least feigning not understanding that one word can have much deeper meaning than another.

if you paid attention to any history class from middle school on, you probably understand the difference between the n word and someone calling you a cracker.

Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 08-03-2013 at 10:15 AM..
Old 08-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #171
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:

While I disagree with this completely, I think that Harrison's little rant was wrong, too.

He was saying something about how Ginger Hammer is a disciplinarian, and how he was disappointed with the commissioner's response to the whole thing. He said the NFL should suspend Cooper.

I disagree, because it's setting a different standard for black and white players. In this is a case, it is a black and white issue (pun intended). If you suspend one player for saying the n-word, then you have to suspend every player who uses the word.

Hell, I've seen the word on Ryan Clady and Wes Woodyard's facebook page.

Otherwise, you're holding black players and white players to a different standard.

I'm not saying it's the same when a white person or a black person says the word... I AM saying that the NFL should be colorblind.
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #172
Mile High Salute

Quote:

Wow. Hey Riley, is that you??
Old 08-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #173
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
While I disagree with this completely, I think that Harrison's little rant was wrong, too.

He was saying something about how Ginger Hammer is a disciplinarian, and how he was disappointed with the commissioner's response to the whole thing. He said the NFL should suspend Cooper.

I disagree, because it's setting a different standard for black and white players. In this is a case, it is a black and white issue (pun intended). If you suspend one player for saying the n-word, then you have to suspend every player who uses the word.

Hell, I've seen the word on Ryan Clady and Wes Woodyard's facebook page.

Otherwise, you're holding black players and white players to a different standard.

I'm not saying it's the same when a white person or a black person says the word... I AM saying that the NFL should be colorblind.
Context. It's like the word gay. For example, cito pelon is really gay about the possible chance that Denver will win the SB. Vs cito pelon is gay.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #174
bombay
Ring of Famer

The argument that 'they do it' is idiotic.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #175
jerseyboiler120

I've been out of the mane loop for a couple weeks. I was very busy trying to find the punishment roddy white and victor Cruz received or their racist behaviors which actually included stating that people should die in the wake of little angel treyvon's case.

Of course I did not find it.

But clearly Cooper is being treated fairly by exclusion from team activities and counseling. Yes, society truly is fair in these times.