The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2013, 08:16 AM   #51
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Detroit is a microcosm of what global corporatism is doing to America.
I'll agree that that's part of it. But the other part is an ideology that tells people they can legislate away difficult changes.

Other cities adapted while Detroit stonewalled. That's why it was the first major chip to fall.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #52
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
All of those things are available to foreign companies operating in the US. What reason would they have for seeking incorporation here?
Oh I see your point now, There is no advantage and that should be a crime. Just more proof that the USA has been taken over without a shot being fired.

That is what I have been trying to point out for years on this board only to be called out concerning;

My bravery

My place of residence

My military service

Calling me a traitor for pointing out the elephant in the middle of the room.

....and a long laundry list of issues all directed at the messenger rather than take a sober look at what is taking place at the level of the federal government in the the USA. Now it may be too late

Last edited by baja; 08-01-2013 at 09:20 AM..
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #53
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Leveling the playing field between American companies will have little impact on keeping jobs onshore. Especially if that 'leveling' involves an even larger federal haircut.

Our real competition is international. In the real world, you have to worry about the taxes our corporations pay vs what they'd pay if they moved (or moved profits at least) outside the country. "Level" the field for American companies by further burying a select group of them, and all you really accomplish is rewarding their foreign competition. But keep telling us that the solution to all our problems is Churchill's Equal Sharing of Misery. In reality, competitiveness is most important.
We will never compete with slave labor that is quite happy to get paid a bag of rice a week. We could tax Apple 0% (hell, we could start giving them money) and they would not be able to make iX devices more cheaply in the U.S. than in China.

Not going to happen.

We absolutely must level the playing field between large international corporations and small, local businesses. Before a democrat president said this, no one on the right would have argued otherwise.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #54
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
All of those things are available to foreign companies operating in the US. What reason would they have for seeking incorporation here?
The issue is not where a corporation is incorporated, it's with how and where it does business. There are certainly massive benefits to doing business in the U.S.: Lots of money and disposable income, stable politics, great existing infrastructure (for now).

Access to our great market is what they want, and what they should have to contribute to in order to participate in.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #55
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
So for 10 years all weve heard from democrats is how big business needs to pay, they should pay more. We see the righties sticking to the same old same old of finding something wrong with anything obozo does, and we see the lefties drinking the koolaid and supporting it, what the heck happened to corporations need to pay more ? if this was bush doing this you guys would be outraged, yet here you are talking about how great this is. All thats missing is labf with some stupid cartoon showing how much better things have gotten since the savior took office.
I've been arguing for a more sane tax system (both for businesses and for individuals) for years. I am 100% behind any effort that moves us away from the current highly exploitable system.

Ideally we would have a tax system for businesses that taxes access to our market (i.e. a VAT or national sales tax) rather than profit made by the company, but barring that, we should have a simple, low rate, progressive tax system that allows deductions only for charitable contributions to U.S. charities.

Big businesses should be paying more, and small business should be paying less. That's what lowering the marginal rate and removing deductions will do.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #56
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
The issue is not where a corporation is incorporated, it's with how and where it does business. There are certainly massive benefits to doing business in the U.S.: Lots of money and disposable income, stable politics, great existing infrastructure (for now).

Access to our great market is what they want, and what they should have to contribute to in order to participate in.
There's a difference between "should have to" and "do"

I might've said this before, but if you decide you don't want an internationally competitive tax rate, you need to start erecting barriers to entry. Free trade is good in that it keeps you competitive. But coupling free trade with a reluctance to be competitive delivers the worst of both worlds. Which creates a lot of our problem.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #57
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
We will never compete with slave labor that is quite happy to get paid a bag of rice a week. We could tax Apple 0% (hell, we could start giving them money) and they would not be able to make iX devices more cheaply in the U.S. than in China.

Not going to happen.

We absolutely must level the playing field between large international corporations and small, local businesses. Before a democrat president said this, no one on the right would have argued otherwise.
I'm not against leveling that field. So long as it doesn't create an even more unlevel field between our companies and their foreign competitors.

And I think free trade with slave states is a bad idea. We should restrict free trade to only democratic countries with solid records on human rights. That should help protect against our current race to the bottom. Although it's probably too little too late at this point.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #58
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
We should restrict free trade to only democratic countries with solid records on human rights. That should help protect against our current race to the bottom. Although it's probably too little too late at this point.
Bye, bye China.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #59
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Bye, bye China.
Yeah, that's probably why we're too late.