The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 08:26 PM   #1
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,892

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default HOWARD DEAN ADMITTED PALIN WAS RIGHT ABOUT DEATH PANELS. LOL.

HOWARD DEAN ADMITTED PALIN WAS RIGHT ABOUT DEATH PANELS

Quote:
There is more proof that the ObamaCare "death panels" are alive and well. The former head of the Democratic Party, who also happens to be a medical doctor, is sounding the alarm. In a Wall Street Journal opinion piece, Howard Dean calls out a “major problem” with the health care law, known as the Independent Payment Advisory Board. Sarah Palin, who warned against death panels in 2010, reacted on Tuesday night’s Hannity.

Sean Hannity broke down why this is important. First, a high-profile Democrat and one-time medical doctor is admitting that this board is a “health care rationing body.” Second, he pointed out that Dean is acknowledging that IPAB has the authority to “stop certain treatments.”

Finally, Hannity said it serves as another frightening reminder that the American people were misled by the president and other Democrats, including Dean, about ObamaCare. President Obama stated in 2009, “Every credible person who has looked into it has said there are no so-called death panels – an offensive notion to me and to the American people. These are phony claims meant to divide us.”

Palin said she hasn’t read Dean’s op-ed because she wasted too much time listening to “liberal pundits” a few years ago when they slammed her claim as “the biggest lie of the year.”
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...t-Death-Panels


http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybens...-fail-n1651742

Quote:
ne major problem is the so-called Independent Payment Advisory Board. The IPAB is essentially a health-care rationing body. By setting doctor reimbursement rates for Medicare and determining which procedures and drugs will be covered and at what price, the IPAB will be able to stop certain treatments its members do not favor by simply setting rates to levels where no doctor or hospital will perform them. There does have to be control of costs in our health-care system. However, rate setting—the essential mechanism of the IPAB—has a 40-year track record of failure. What ends up happening in these schemes (which many states including my home state of Vermont have implemented with virtually no long-term effect on costs) is that patients and physicians get aggravated because bureaucrats in either the private or public sector are making medical decisions without knowing the patients. Most important, once again, these kinds of schemes do not control costs. The medical system simply becomes more bureaucratic. The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office has indicated that the IPAB, in its current form, won't save a single dime before 2021. As everyone in Washington knows, but less frequently admits, CBO projections of any kind—past five years or so—are really just speculation. I believe the IPAB will never control costs based on the long record of previous attempts in many of the states, including my own state of Vermont.

Last edited by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun; 07-31-2013 at 08:29 PM..
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2013, 09:34 PM   #2
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

L-O-L-cockasaurus ****stains and pancakes with almond butter. Jalepeno tortoise big screen kayak shoots Alderon gravy pig motorcycle.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:05 PM   #3
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,328
Default

Palin, breitbart and townhall all in one post.

A trifecta of stupid, with more than a soupçon of neo-fascism.

Must be UltimateHoboW/Shytgun. Yup.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:45 PM   #4
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,892

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Weak sauce, dudes.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:54 PM   #5
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,390

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

When are you going to get it. America is not run by Americans. America has been conquered without a shot being fired. The stated goal of the psychopath conquers is an 80% population reduction among other things.

The US presidency has been a parade of puppets who have been forced to systematically dismantle America on every front. Can't you see that?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:47 PM   #6
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
When are you going to get it. America is not run by Americans. America has been conquered without a shot being fired. The stated goal of the psychopath conquers is an 80% population reduction among other things.

The US presidency has been a parade of puppets who have been forced to systematically dismantle America on every front. Can't you see that?
It's a cookbook!
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:15 AM   #7
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,390

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
It's a cookbook!
good one.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #8
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Palin, breitbart and townhall all in one post.

A trifecta of stupid, with more than a soupçon of neo-fascism.
Exactly. And I see Hannity is in the mix as well. All we're missing is Limbaugh, Coulter, Malkin, Kristol, and Dick Morris and oh what a party it would be!
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #9
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Exactly. And I see Hannity is in the mix as well. All we're missing is Limbaugh, Coulter, Malkin, Kristol, and Dick Morris and oh what a party it would be!
Good to see the Boy Who Cried Ad Hominem back to enjoying his waffles.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #10
B-Large
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I don't have the energy to respond to another Retard conservative healthcare post.

Believe whatever reality you want, just go to the ****ing exhange an buy your insurance, kay?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #11
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
I don't have the energy to respond to another Retard conservative healthcare post.

Believe whatever reality you want, just go to the ****ing exhange an buy your insurance, kay?
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/obam...ess-6C10804453

Keepin' that income low to keep on rockin' the Public Dole

Yaaaay Perverse Incentives!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #12
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,910
Default

I think if Obama told folks not to eat ****, some in the Republican party would got out of their way to promote **** eating.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #13
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
I think if Obama told folks not to eat ****, some in the Republican party would got out of their way to promote **** eating.
Maybe if he tried something other than telling them to eat ****, we could test that theory.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #14
B-Large
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/obam...ess-6C10804453

Keepin' that income low to keep on rockin' the Public Dole

Yaaaay Perverse Incentives!
Yes, because so many are going to work less to stay under some subsidy cutoff..

Keep grasping at straws, its entertaining to watch Conservatives squirm because they know this is going to work, they can't do anything to ruin it for people, and they will be the politcal losers for it.

So hooray
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #15
B-Large
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
I think if Obama told folks not to eat ****, some in the Republican party would got out of their way to promote **** eating.
"If I eat one bite of ****, will you give me a steak??"
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #16
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
Keep grasping at straws, its entertaining to watch Conservatives squirm because they know this is going to work, they can't do anything to ruin it for people, and they will be the politcal losers for it.

So hooray
GD. You honestly think people who aren't currently insured are going to go out and sign up for (really expensive) benefits because the federal government says pretty please?

They can't really enforce the mandate. Obama already set one part of it aside. If anything they've added incentive for people to remain uninsured (because now they can hop off and on at any time) And you think this thing is going to fly.

Rates spiking. Deathly Spiraling. That's where this is headed. If the Feds can even get their act together well enough to even get a "marketplace" running in 60 days.

What exactly do you think the Fine the Freeloaders Health Care Act of 2010 really accomplished?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #17
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
Yes, because so many are going to work less to stay under some subsidy cutoff..

Keep grasping at straws, its entertaining to watch Conservatives squirm because they know this is going to work, they can't do anything to ruin it for people, and they will be the politcal losers for it.

So hooray
A place I used to work used to offered tiered health employee contribution based on the income the employee was earning. Lower-wage employees didn't have to pay as much of their health premiums. Inevitably when one would approach a cutoff tier, they would ask if they could refuse a small raise in order to stay below the cutoff.

Back to the article

Quote:
But the annual premiums for a 50-year-old Connecticut couple buying that plan would be $12,468. If their combined incomes were $62,040 or less, they would receive $6,575 in subsidies to offset the cost.

However, if their income was more than that, they would lose the subsidies, leaving them out of pocket $6,575. They then would have to earn at least $68,615 to make up for that lost subsidy, Wu said.
People all over this country will face a choice. And the window is much wider than the $6,000 difference. Would someone bust their ass for an extra $10-12k so the government can have $6 of it? Some might. Most won't.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #18
B-Large
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
GD. You honestly think people who aren't currently insured are going to go out and sign up for (really expensive) benefits because the federal government says pretty please?

They can't really enforce the mandate. Obama already set one part of it aside. If anything they've added incentive for people to remain uninsured (because now they can hop off and on at any time) And you think this thing is going to fly.

Rates spiking. Deathly Spiraling. That's where this is headed. If the Feds can even get their act together well enough to even get a "marketplace" running in 60 days.

What exactly do you think the Fine the Freeloaders Health Care Act of 2010 really accomplished?
This post is so utter uniformed its exhausting, but its a light day at work, so:

1. Yes, people who have pre-exsiting condition will go sign up for the one of the 17 compaines plans' who will particpate in Colorado. Someplans will be lavish, others will be less expensive and consumer driven, so they will have deductibles with low monthly premiums. Other people will be obstinant, like there were prior to reform, and they will pay a penalty. When they get sick, the rest of us payers will have to make up for their portion of the risk pool, yet again.

2. They can inforce the mandate, the individual one goes into effect Jan 1. Like I said, you will get a tax penalty if you don't sign up, essentially forcing you to pay something so when you get sick there is at least something in the pot for deadbeats. Remeber, this law was designed to let good, earnest people who couldn't buy insurance do so... we just get the fund the morons on the way as well.

3. Rates have burst upward for 10 years, and compaines are spiking them NOW because they can't after January 1 without some really good reason. If anything, you will see rates grow at a much, much slower rate when the ACA goes into effect.

4. It was a States reposnsibility to set up exhanges to help their citizens. LA and TX did nothing, did not expand Medicaid even wiht funding gaurantees, and now the Federal Government they hate so much now has more power over their States and their citizens. Colorado' sunveils plans form 17 compaines in 2 weeks, the Exchange is set to go October 1, and we have expanded Medicaid for the poor with full dollar support this year from the Fed, and 90 on the dollar the next year... so aks youself, if you need insurance and can't get it, how happy are you with Texas and LA?

What did it accomplish, the goals it set out to. Let 30 Million uninsured by competitive health plans in the State, put regs on insurance compaiones so they can't continue to **** our citizens, among numerous other essential reforms.

Heres a question, what have conservative done for the last 30 years of this problem I'll wait, it will take a while. Oh, and I will give you Medicare Part D, but please, go on....
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #19
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
"If I eat one bite of ****, will you give me a steak??"
How did that not make the theater release? Baja's right. America must be slipping.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #20
B-Large
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
How did that not make the theater release? Baja's right. America must be slipping.
wait, that was never released in theatres? your ****ing with me?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #21
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
This post is so utter uniformed its exhausting, but its a light day at work, so:
I didn't really dress it up, but whatever you say.

Quote:
1. Yes, people who have pre-exsiting condition will go sign up for the one of the 17 compaines plans' who will particpate in Colorado. Someplans will be lavish, others will be less expensive and consumer driven, so they will have deductibles with low monthly premiums. Other people will be obstinant, like there were prior to reform, and they will pay a penalty. When they get sick, the rest of us payers will have to make up for their portion of the risk pool, yet again.
Textbook:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_spiral_(insurance)

Quote:
2. They can inforce the mandate, the individual one goes into effect Jan 1. Like I said, you will get a tax penalty if you don't sign up, essentially forcing you to pay something so when you get sick there is at least something in the pot for deadbeats. Remeber, this law was designed to let good, earnest people who couldn't buy insurance do so... we just get the fund the morons on the way as well.
Don't you remember in the old days all the sob stories we heard of people who were uninsured and couldn't really afford coverage? Those stories still exist. Fining them will do little to make many of them less sympathetic. Plus widespread fining is just bad politics. Especially while employers remain arbitrarily exempted from the law. Not even getting into how wholly inadequate the fine would ever be towards balancing any kind of true cost once the sick inevitably enroll under the "House is on fire, so buy fire insurance" model

Quote:
3. Rates have burst upward for 10 years, and compaines are spiking them NOW because they can't after January 1 without some really good reason. If anything, you will see rates grow at a much, much slower rate when the ACA goes into effect.
The rate hike themselves will create more uninsured (who'll be assured they can buy in once needed) Again, Death Spiral 101.

Quote:
4. It was a States reposnsibility to set up exhanges to help their citizens. LA and TX did nothing, did not expand Medicaid even wiht funding gaurantees, and now the Federal Government they hate so much now has more power over their States and their citizens. Colorado' sunveils plans form 17 compaines in 2 weeks, the Exchange is set to go October 1, and we have expanded Medicaid for the poor with full dollar support this year from the Fed, and 90 on the dollar the next year... so aks youself, if you need insurance and can't get it, how happy are you with Texas and LA?
None of it was ever the States' "responsibility" The Supreme Court made that clear. What a precedent though, if you believe that.

"Boy this problem is gonna be tough. So States, you can take care of that part. We'll make sure to get you all the bureaucracy's regulatory deets a few months before the deadline."

Quote:
What did it accomplish, the goals it set out to. Let 30 Million uninsured by competitive health plans in the State, put regs on insurance compaiones so they can't continue to **** our citizens, among numerous other essential reforms.
Wrong answer. CBO still estimates 30 million uninsured. Likely a reduction of maybe 25-30%. All for the low low price of $1.76 trillion. The feds could simply pay the health bills for all of those uninsured at a much lower cost.

Quote:
Heres a question, what have conservative done for the last 30 of htis problem I'll wait, it will take a while. Oh, and I will give you Medicare Part D, but please, go on....
At what point did a Republican White House possess a Republican supermajority in order to pull off an ACA-Style legislative fisting?

The real problem with health care has to do with cost... cost, cost, cost. Which is enabled by overinsurance as opposed to underinsurance. And the illogical structure of health insurance brought about by the prevalence of (and regulatory encouragement of) employer-based coverage.

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 08-01-2013 at 11:32 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #22
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
wait, that was never released in theatres? your ****ing with me?
That scene wasn't, if I remember right. It was one of the deleted scenes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #23
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Like regular health insurance companies don't do the same thing? I got a bridge for sale...
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #24
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,807
Default

this video never gets old...and has yet to be refuted

errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #25
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,807
Default

Yeah, they said there were no death panels in the UK either....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ents-year.html

nor is there any "rationing" of healthcare....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...perations.html

Last edited by errand; 08-01-2013 at 08:15 PM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:21 AM.


Denver Broncos