The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 12:03 AM   #601
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,777

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
According to Lindsay Jones, Andre Caldwell says the Broncos players call Demaryius Thomas, 'Juggernaut'.


Klis reports that Matt Prater is changing his mechanics (thank you baby jesus).

I have a feeling that if Tavares King keeps making plays in camp and the games, we'll be calling Bubba the "former Bronco".
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:16 AM   #602
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
I have a feeling that if Tavares King keeps making plays in camp and the games, we'll be calling Bubba the "former Bronco".
It will be Orton that would make Caldwell expendable.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:59 AM   #603
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,413

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Broncos 2013 Training Camp Day Five

By Cecil Lammey

No. 27 Knowshon Moreno: Moreno had a standout day as a runner, receiver out of the backfield, and as a pass protector. He saved the day for QB Brock Osweiler with a key block on a pass to TE Virgil Green that went for about 15-yards. Moreno tried to bounce a run outside to the right but was swallowed up. He then tried to make an off tackle run to the left but DT Mitch Unrein was able to trip him up with a shoestring tackle. Moreno doesn’t make big runs but is showing good fight every day. He did fumble on a run to the left but ended up falling on the ball and recovering it himself

No. 83 Wes Welker: The professional ankle breaker continues to put in work. Every route looks the same and he does not tip off the defense as to which way he’s going to make his break. Thus, Welker is open on every play.

No. 87 Eric Decker: Decker’s strong hands are on display every day. Monday’s practice saw him secure more catches, and even contested catches with the DB all over him. Defending this Broncos’ passing game is going to be nigh impossible. Decker should be able to abuse single coverage all day long.

No. 17 Brock Osweiler: Several media members have commented to me how they love what Osweiler is showing in camp. His zip is outstanding and his mechanics have been cleaned up. Osweiler is still forcing some passes but he shows ultimate confidence in his arm. He is also showing good pass placement. Osweiler doesn’t just have “area code” accuracy. He’s putting the ball on the correct shoulder and leading his receivers properly to maximize run after the catch yards.

No. 94 Terrance Knighton: He was dominating once again in the pit. He was able to push around Center Manny Ramirez with ease.


No. 92 Sylvester Williams: During the pit Williams was a standout player. He quickly got around Left Guard Zane Beadles, showing good first step explosion. Later in the pit Williams put Center Philip Blake on roller skates and moved him with ease.

No. 66 Manny Ramirez: Worked with the first-team and head coach John Fox cleared up who is the starter after practice. “Manny played a lot of football for us a year ago with the loss of [G] Chris Kuper as well as J.D. Walton, who are two people that are still on our football team that we are still nursing back to health. So, we feel decent where we are. We always hate losing people for the season, but we will march on.” Ramirez allowed too much pressure in the pit and lost out on power and speed moves to different Broncos defenders.

http://www.denverssportsstation.com/...Broncos&id=166
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:27 AM   #604
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,472

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Nice report by Cecil.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:13 AM   #605
vancejohnson82
Shabby
 
vancejohnson82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Posts: 6,105

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default

interesting write-up on Moreno...not too surprised with the report on Ramirez
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:16 AM   #606
fdf
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Errand is going to need you to clarify exactly how many articles and posts referencing Julius Thomas and his hype have been created and until it hits exactly 100 then you are a fool and he hasn't been even a little over-hyped for a mid round draft pick that was never active on game day the past two years.

Thank you.
I was at camp yesterday. Thomas looks VERY impressive. Huge, smooth, powerful, good hands, fights for the ball. His first step is a little slow.

He did get pancaked in the backfield once but good. It was two defenders and they laid him out. But I couldn't catch their numbers. If Thomas can stay healthy, he will be starting and teams will have to gameplan for him.

The guy that is really impressive though is Wes Welker. His cuts are like razors, he doesn't telegraph when or which direction, and he gets open a whole lot.
fdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:57 AM   #607
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!
 
brncs_fan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Coaches Cradle...Eastern Illinois University
Posts: 5,392

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Manti Teo
Default

Denver Broncos ‏@DenverBroncos
#Broncos C Dan Koppen has officially been placed on injured reserve.
brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:57 AM   #608
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,472

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #609
Tim
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I did a quick google search on cheifs training camp reports and found this 2012 gem from Bucky brooks:

http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/stor...lps-build-buzz

If you want a good gut buster read the 'outlook' paragraph at the bottom of the link.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #610
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Broncos 2013 Training Camp Day Five

By Cecil Lammey

No. 27 Knowshon Moreno: Moreno had a standout day as a runner, receiver out of the backfield, and as a pass protector. He saved the day for QB Brock Osweiler with a key block on a pass to TE Virgil Green that went for about 15-yards. Moreno tried to bounce a run outside to the right but was swallowed up. He then tried to make an off tackle run to the left but DT Mitch Unrein was able to trip him up with a shoestring tackle. Moreno doesn’t make big runs but is showing good fight every day. He did fumble on a run to the left but ended up falling on the ball and recovering it himself

No. 83 Wes Welker: The professional ankle breaker continues to put in work. Every route looks the same and he does not tip off the defense as to which way he’s going to make his break. Thus, Welker is open on every play.

No. 87 Eric Decker: Decker’s strong hands are on display every day. Monday’s practice saw him secure more catches, and even contested catches with the DB all over him. Defending this Broncos’ passing game is going to be nigh impossible. Decker should be able to abuse single coverage all day long.

No. 17 Brock Osweiler: Several media members have commented to me how they love what Osweiler is showing in camp. His zip is outstanding and his mechanics have been cleaned up. Osweiler is still forcing some passes but he shows ultimate confidence in his arm. He is also showing good pass placement. Osweiler doesn’t just have “area code” accuracy. He’s putting the ball on the correct shoulder and leading his receivers properly to maximize run after the catch yards.

No. 94 Terrance Knighton: He was dominating once again in the pit. He was able to push around Center Manny Ramirez with ease.


No. 92 Sylvester Williams: During the pit Williams was a standout player. He quickly got around Left Guard Zane Beadles, showing good first step explosion. Later in the pit Williams put Center Philip Blake on roller skates and moved him with ease.

No. 66 Manny Ramirez: Worked with the first-team and head coach John Fox cleared up who is the starter after practice. “Manny played a lot of football for us a year ago with the loss of [G] Chris Kuper as well as J.D. Walton, who are two people that are still on our football team that we are still nursing back to health. So, we feel decent where we are. We always hate losing people for the season, but we will march on.” Ramirez allowed too much pressure in the pit and lost out on power and speed moves to different Broncos defenders.

http://www.denverssportsstation.com/...Broncos&id=166
to the surprise of Knowone...

i really think Sly will end up starting for us this season and doing very well. i just don't see a player who will realistically keep him off the field.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #611
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 9,466
Default

From Lammey's Day 5 Report:

"No. 95 Derek Wolfe: He returned from the ankle injury that cut Sunday’s practice short and was a standout player in the pit. Wolfe was able to get around Orlando Franklin with good acceleration."


That's not something he could do last year.




"No. 33 Duke Ihenacho: This kid is really making a name for himself at practice. He always finds a way to be around the football and is playing with the most energy/fire of anyone on the Broncos defense. Ihenacho zoomed into the backfield on a stretch play to deliver a big hit to RB Knowshon Moreno."
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #612
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,764

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

I like Cecil Lammey, but add his use of "the pit" in lieu of the line, line of scrimmage, the trenches or every other normal term to my growing list of "new football" terms that people are saying.

Example: Instead of He's accurate/is a good passer/has a good arm we are seeing "he can spin the ball".

When I think of pit I think of BBQ and a card game with a bell.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:56 PM   #613
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I like Cecil Lammey, but add his use of "the pit" in lieu of the line, line of scrimmage, the trenches or every other normal term to my growing list of "new football" terms that people are saying.

Example: Instead of He's accurate/is a good passer/has a good arm we are seeing "he can spin the ball".

When I think of pit I think of BBQ and a card game with a bell.

You mean we don't have one of these they practice in?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #614
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I like Cecil Lammey, but add his use of "the pit" in lieu of the line, line of scrimmage, the trenches or every other normal term to my growing list of "new football" terms that people are saying.

Example: Instead of He's accurate/is a good passer/has a good arm we are seeing "he can spin the ball".

When I think of pit I think of BBQ and a card game with a bell.

Noticed that too. When did that get added to the lexicon?


Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #615
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post

You mean we don't have one of these they practice in?





Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #616
sisterhellfyre
Some days it's not worth
 
sisterhellfyre's Avatar
 
fighting the clowns under my bed.

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I like Cecil Lammey, but add his use of "the pit" in lieu of the line, line of scrimmage, the trenches or every other normal term to my growing list of "new football" terms that people are saying.
I blame it all on Jim Rome. The first time I listened to his show he told some team to "pony up the jack" for a player that wanted a new contract. WTF...? Took me a while to figure out that meant the team should pay more and the player had earned a raise.
sisterhellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #617
LRtagger
Ring of Famer
 
LRtagger's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,808

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

The dreaded PIT

LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #618
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
The dreaded PIT

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #619
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,326

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I like Cecil Lammey, but add his use of "the pit" in lieu of the line, line of scrimmage, the trenches or every other normal term to my growing list of "new football" terms that people are saying.

Example: Instead of He's accurate/is a good passer/has a good arm we are seeing "he can spin the ball".

When I think of pit I think of BBQ and a card game with a bell.
I was picturing the pit to be like hamburger drills. I dont know why
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:15 PM   #620
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Noticed that too. When did that get added to the lexicon?


a few people have been saying it since some colleges use the term to denote one on one challenges and drills among lineman.
still though, it's fitting for the guys getting dirty each play.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:39 PM   #621
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Tavarres King - WR - Broncos

Broncos OC Adam Gase has been pleased with fifth-round WR Tavarres King's training camp.
"(He's) made some big plays down the field," Gase said. "He is catching the ball fairly consistently, and he's done a good job of not being the guy we are calling out to fix things. He studied his book, obviously, this summer and made sure he wasn't going to be the guy making mistakes." King has a legitimate shot at earning No. 4 receiver duties, but obviously won't be fantasy relevant if the Broncos keep their top three receivers healthy. For now, King is just someone to keep an eye on in Dynasty leagues.

I think this guy could be huge for us in the future. I see him and Oz doing big things together.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #622
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Tavarres King - WR - Broncos

Broncos OC Adam Gase has been pleased with fifth-round WR Tavarres King's training camp.
"(He's) made some big plays down the field," Gase said. "He is catching the ball fairly consistently, and he's done a good job of not being the guy we are calling out to fix things. He studied his book, obviously, this summer and made sure he wasn't going to be the guy making mistakes." King has a legitimate shot at earning No. 4 receiver duties, but obviously won't be fantasy relevant if the Broncos keep their top three receivers healthy. For now, King is just someone to keep an eye on in Dynasty leagues.

I think this guy could be huge for us in the future. I see him and Oz doing big things together.
if we can develop him he has the potential to be a game breaker down the field. i think he can be a complete WR but we really don't have a guy who can tear the cover off the D. DT is the closet to that and he's more of a all over the field beast than a pure deep threat(and no that's not a bad thing)
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:59 PM   #623
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,143

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Tavarres King - WR - Broncos

Broncos OC Adam Gase has been pleased with fifth-round WR Tavarres King's training camp.
"(He's) made some big plays down the field," Gase said. "He is catching the ball fairly consistently, and he's done a good job of not being the guy we are calling out to fix things. He studied his book, obviously, this summer and made sure he wasn't going to be the guy making mistakes." King has a legitimate shot at earning No. 4 receiver duties, but obviously won't be fantasy relevant if the Broncos keep their top three receivers healthy. For now, King is just someone to keep an eye on in Dynasty leagues.

I think this guy could be huge for us in the future. I see him and Oz doing big things together.
I am not used to drafting all this promising talent.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:06 PM   #624
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
if we can develop him he has the potential to be a game breaker down the field. i think he can be a complete WR but we really don't have a guy who can tear the cover off the D. DT is the closet to that and he's more of a all over the field beast than a pure deep threat(and no that's not a bad thing)
I'm hoping for Torrey Smith like numbers.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #625
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 9,466
Default

Broncobuster reporting in Kuper thread that Alex Marvez tweets...


Broncos contacting Lilja.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:08 AM.


Denver Broncos