The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2013, 12:03 AM   #601
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
According to Lindsay Jones, Andre Caldwell says the Broncos players call Demaryius Thomas, 'Juggernaut'.

Klis reports that Matt Prater is changing his mechanics (thank you baby jesus).

I have a feeling that if Tavares King keeps making plays in camp and the games, we'll be calling Bubba the "former Bronco".
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:16 AM   #602
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
I have a feeling that if Tavares King keeps making plays in camp and the games, we'll be calling Bubba the "former Bronco".
It will be Orton that would make Caldwell expendable.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:59 AM   #603
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Broncos 2013 Training Camp Day Five

By Cecil Lammey

No. 27 Knowshon Moreno: Moreno had a standout day as a runner, receiver out of the backfield, and as a pass protector. He saved the day for QB Brock Osweiler with a key block on a pass to TE Virgil Green that went for about 15-yards. Moreno tried to bounce a run outside to the right but was swallowed up. He then tried to make an off tackle run to the left but DT Mitch Unrein was able to trip him up with a shoestring tackle. Moreno doesn’t make big runs but is showing good fight every day. He did fumble on a run to the left but ended up falling on the ball and recovering it himself

No. 83 Wes Welker: The professional ankle breaker continues to put in work. Every route looks the same and he does not tip off the defense as to which way he’s going to make his break. Thus, Welker is open on every play.

No. 87 Eric Decker: Decker’s strong hands are on display every day. Monday’s practice saw him secure more catches, and even contested catches with the DB all over him. Defending this Broncos’ passing game is going to be nigh impossible. Decker should be able to abuse single coverage all day long.

No. 17 Brock Osweiler: Several media members have commented to me how they love what Osweiler is showing in camp. His zip is outstanding and his mechanics have been cleaned up. Osweiler is still forcing some passes but he shows ultimate confidence in his arm. He is also showing good pass placement. Osweiler doesn’t just have “area code” accuracy. He’s putting the ball on the correct shoulder and leading his receivers properly to maximize run after the catch yards.

No. 94 Terrance Knighton: He was dominating once again in the pit. He was able to push around Center Manny Ramirez with ease.

No. 92 Sylvester Williams: During the pit Williams was a standout player. He quickly got around Left Guard Zane Beadles, showing good first step explosion. Later in the pit Williams put Center Philip Blake on roller skates and moved him with ease.

No. 66 Manny Ramirez: Worked with the first-team and head coach John Fox cleared up who is the starter after practice. “Manny played a lot of football for us a year ago with the loss of [G] Chris Kuper as well as J.D. Walton, who are two people that are still on our football team that we are still nursing back to health. So, we feel decent where we are. We always hate losing people for the season, but we will march on.” Ramirez allowed too much pressure in the pit and lost out on power and speed moves to different Broncos defenders.

http://www.denverssportsstation.com/...Broncos&id=166
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:27 AM   #604
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Nice report by Cecil.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:13 AM   #605
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

interesting write-up on Moreno...not too surprised with the report on Ramirez
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:16 AM   #606
fdf
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Errand is going to need you to clarify exactly how many articles and posts referencing Julius Thomas and his hype have been created and until it hits exactly 100 then you are a fool and he hasn't been even a little over-hyped for a mid round draft pick that was never active on game day the past two years.

Thank you.
I was at camp yesterday. Thomas looks VERY impressive. Huge, smooth, powerful, good hands, fights for the ball. His first step is a little slow.

He did get pancaked in the backfield once but good. It was two defenders and they laid him out. But I couldn't catch their numbers. If Thomas can stay healthy, he will be starting and teams will have to gameplan for him.

The guy that is really impressive though is Wes Welker. His cuts are like razors, he doesn't telegraph when or which direction, and he gets open a whole lot.
fdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:57 AM   #607
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Manti Teo

Denver Broncos ‏@DenverBroncos
#Broncos C Dan Koppen has officially been placed on injured reserve.
brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:57 AM   #608
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #609
Tim

I did a quick google search on cheifs training camp reports and found this 2012 gem from Bucky brooks:

http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/stor...lps-build-buzz

If you want a good gut buster read the 'outlook' paragraph at the bottom of the link.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #610
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Broncos 2013 Training Camp Day Five

By Cecil Lammey

No. 27 Knowshon Moreno: Moreno had a standout day as a runner, receiver out of the backfield, and as a pass protector. He saved the day for QB Brock Osweiler with a key block on a pass to TE Virgil Green that went for about 15-yards. Moreno tried to bounce a run outside to the right but was swallowed up. He then tried to make an off tackle run to the left but DT Mitch Unrein was able to trip him up with a shoestring tackle. Moreno doesn’t make big runs but is showing good fight every day. He did fumble on a run to the left but ended up falling on the ball and recovering it himself

No. 83 Wes Welker: The professional ankle breaker continues to put in work. Every route looks the same and he does not tip off the defense as to which way he’s going to make his break. Thus, Welker is open on every play.

No. 87 Eric Decker: Decker’s strong hands are on display every day. Monday’s practice saw him secure more catches, and even contested catches with the DB all over him. Defending this Broncos’ passing game is going to be nigh impossible. Decker should be able to abuse single coverage all day long.

No. 17 Brock Osweiler: Several media members have commented to me how they love what Osweiler is showing in camp. His zip is outstanding and his mechanics have been cleaned up. Osweiler is still forcing some passes but he shows ultimate confidence in his arm. He is also showing good pass placement. Osweiler doesn’t just have “area code” accuracy. He’s putting the ball on the correct shoulder and leading his receivers properly to maximize run after the catch yards.

No. 94 Terrance Knighton: He was dominating once again in the pit. He was able to push around Center Manny Ramirez with ease.

No. 92 Sylvester Williams: During the pit Williams was a standout player. He quickly got around Left Guard Zane Beadles, showing good first step explosion. Later in the pit Williams put Center Philip Blake on roller skates and moved him with ease.

No. 66 Manny Ramirez: Worked with the first-team and head coach John Fox cleared up who is the starter after practice. “Manny played a lot of football for us a year ago with the loss of [G] Chris Kuper as well as J.D. Walton, who are two people that are still on our football team that we are still nursing back to health. So, we feel decent where we are. We always hate losing people for the season, but we will march on.” Ramirez allowed too much pressure in the pit and lost out on power and speed moves to different Broncos defenders.

http://www.denverssportsstation.com/...Broncos&id=166
to the surprise of Knowone...

i really think Sly will end up starting for us this season and doing very well. i just don't see a player who will realistically keep him off the field.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #611
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

From Lammey's Day 5 Report:

"No. 95 Derek Wolfe: He returned from the ankle injury that cut Sunday’s practice short and was a standout player in the pit. Wolfe was able to get around Orlando Franklin with good acceleration."

That's not something he could do last year.

"No. 33 Duke Ihenacho: This kid is really making a name for himself at practice. He always finds a way to be around the football and is playing with the most energy/fire of anyone on the Broncos defense. Ihenacho zoomed into the backfield on a stretch play to deliver a big hit to RB Knowshon Moreno."
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #612
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I like Cecil Lammey, but add his use of "the pit" in lieu of the line, line of scrimmage, the trenches or every other normal term to my growing list of "new football" terms that people are saying.

Example: Instead of He's accurate/is a good passer/has a good arm we are seeing "he can spin the ball".

When I think of pit I think of BBQ and a card game with a bell.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:56 PM   #613
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I like Cecil Lammey, but add his use of "the pit" in lieu of the line, line of scrimmage, the trenches or every other normal term to my growing list of "new football" terms that people are saying.

Example: Instead of He's accurate/is a good passer/has a good arm we are seeing "he can spin the ball".

You mean we don't have one of these they practice in?
Old 07-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #614
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

Noticed that too. When did that get added to the lexicon?

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #615
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post

You mean we don't have one of these they practice in?

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #616
sisterhellfyre
Some days it's not worth

fighting the clowns under my bed.

Quote:
I blame it all on Jim Rome. The first time I listened to his show he told some team to "pony up the jack" for a player that wanted a new contract. WTF...? Took me a while to figure out that meant the team should pay more and the player had earned a raise.
sisterhellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #617
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The dreaded PIT

LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #618
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
The dreaded PIT

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #619
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

I was picturing the pit to be like hamburger drills. I dont know why
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:15 PM   #620
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Noticed that too. When did that get added to the lexicon?

a few people have been saying it since some colleges use the term to denote one on one challenges and drills among lineman.
still though, it's fitting for the guys getting dirty each play.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:39 PM   #621
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Tavarres King - WR - Broncos

Broncos OC Adam Gase has been pleased with fifth-round WR Tavarres King's training camp.
"(He's) made some big plays down the field," Gase said. "He is catching the ball fairly consistently, and he's done a good job of not being the guy we are calling out to fix things. He studied his book, obviously, this summer and made sure he wasn't going to be the guy making mistakes." King has a legitimate shot at earning No. 4 receiver duties, but obviously won't be fantasy relevant if the Broncos keep their top three receivers healthy. For now, King is just someone to keep an eye on in Dynasty leagues.

I think this guy could be huge for us in the future. I see him and Oz doing big things together.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #622
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:

Broncos OC Adam Gase has been pleased with fifth-round WR Tavarres King's training camp.
"(He's) made some big plays down the field," Gase said. "He is catching the ball fairly consistently, and he's done a good job of not being the guy we are calling out to fix things. He studied his book, obviously, this summer and made sure he wasn't going to be the guy making mistakes." King has a legitimate shot at earning No. 4 receiver duties, but obviously won't be fantasy relevant if the Broncos keep their top three receivers healthy. For now, King is just someone to keep an eye on in Dynasty leagues.

I think this guy could be huge for us in the future. I see him and Oz doing big things together.
if we can develop him he has the potential to be a game breaker down the field. i think he can be a complete WR but we really don't have a guy who can tear the cover off the D. DT is the closet to that and he's more of a all over the field beast than a pure deep threat(and no that's not a bad thing)
Old 07-30-2013, 06:59 PM   #623
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:

I am not used to drafting all this promising talent.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:06 PM   #624
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
if we can develop him he has the potential to be a game breaker down the field. i think he can be a complete WR but we really don't have a guy who can tear the cover off the D. DT is the closet to that and he's more of a all over the field beast than a pure deep threat(and no that's not a bad thing)
I'm hoping for Torrey Smith like numbers.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #625
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Broncobuster reporting in Kuper thread that Alex Marvez tweets...

Broncos contacting Lilja.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote