The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2013, 09:28 AM   #26
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I don't get why you guys hate on Knowshon so much. He was up to task last year after being completely humbled, apparently he works his ass off, is willing to do anything, and does it all with a smile.

It wasn't his fault he was drafted so high.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:42 AM   #27
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I don't get why you guys hate on Knowshon so much. He was up to task last year after being completely humbled, apparently he works his ass off, is willing to do anything, and does it all with a smile.

No doubt. His lack of vision used to frustrate the hell out of me.
However, by all accounts he is working his ass off, willing to play special teams, very vocal in encouraging the other backs in drills. He has dealt admirably with his "fall" from 1st rounder, perhaps it's time for us the do the same? Although I am aware that would mean a reduction in your cutesy "ha ha" comments which is usually the main impetus for the hate on here.

No. 27 Knowshon Moreno: Moreno had a standout day as a runner, receiver out of the backfield, and as a pass protector. He saved the day for QB Brock Osweiler with a key block on a pass to TE Virgil Green that went for about 15-yards. Moreno tried to bounce a run outside to the right but was swallowed up. He then tried to make an off tackle run to the left but DT Mitch Unrein was able to trip him up with a shoestring tackle. Moreno doesn’t make big runs but is showing good fight every day. He did fumble on a run to the left but ended up falling on the ball and recovering it himself
http://www.denverssportsstation.com/...Broncos&id=166
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #28
Shananahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
he can block, so he won't be cut.
This is basically what it comes down to. The hate for him here is pretty stupid, but I get that it's probably more just a collective disappointment than anything.

I think Moreno is a valuable piece of the offense and wouldn't be surprised to see him play a larger role than expected.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #29
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...o-takes-a-fall

(*btw, classy move of the NFL to host that video on their website... that's kinda bull****)
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #30
Bronco Yoda

We'll really need his blocking early in the season. I expect good things from KM this year. Great would be better, but I'll take good as long as he's blocking solid.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #31
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Don't worry. He'll be there until we need him.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #32
huh??
Back in the 5280!

...pretty good at lurking.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:

Agreed. At yesterday's TC, he was on the side watching a full-play drill that called for a run play and he ran out on the field area yelling and cheering very enthusiastically. It caught everyone's attention on the area of the hill I was on. When he was in, there was no backfield dancing or lateral only movement that I saw. He made some good cuts and usually had positive yardage. Plus, I didn't see his shoes come flying off at any time.
huh?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #33
DENVERDUI55

Quote:

He can't be counted on to stay healthy and is a tease really. I hope Denver sticks him as 3rd down back and limits his carries so that he can make it through the whole season. I thought Moreno proved his worth and stepped his game up when asked last year when his number was called. In classic fashion he turned up gimpy in the biggest game of the year. Some of the stuff that happens with him just adds fuel to the fire. Shoe coming off, falling off exercise bike, DUI, dancing like a fool in the endzone at the worst home loss in team history, etc.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #34
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I see what you did there
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:47 AM   #35
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
He can't be counted on to stay healthy and is a tease really. I hope Denver sticks him as 3rd down back and limits his carries so that he can make it through the whole season. I thought Moreno proved his worth and stepped his game up when asked last year when his number was called. In classic fashion he turned up gimpy in the biggest game of the year. Some of the stuff that happens with him just adds fuel to the fire. Shoe coming off, falling off exercise bike, DUI, dancing like a fool in the endzone at the worst home loss in team history, etc.
That was so cringe-worthy.

He is what he is:

- A busted 1st round pick
- Great depth when healthy
Old 07-30-2013, 10:59 AM   #36
bap454
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

I think hes come a long way. I think he finally realized what he is and has focused on his actual skills. He is more a workhorse back (one cut style), with great quarterback protection, and nice hands out of the backfield. Early in his career he was more a flashy, make you miss back that lacked the speed to get it done. I think he will surprise most everyone and be the starting back come opening day.
bap454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #37
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap454 View Post
I think hes come a long way. I think he finally realized what he is and has focused on his actual skills. He is more a workhorse back (one cut style), with great quarterback protection, and nice hands out of the backfield. Early in his career he was more a flashy, make you miss back that lacked the speed to get it done. I think he will surprise most everyone and be the starting back come opening day.
I don't think it'd be that big of a surprise.

Being the starter come December... THAT would surprise me.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #38
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I don't think it'd be that big of a surprise.

Being the starter come December... THAT would surprise me.
Agreed.

I wonder if he'll fill the Lance Ball role eventually now that he's contributing on special teams. I'd personally love to see Hillman get the majority of the carries (if he continues to hold up and pass protect) because he's the guy who gives the offense the extra speed dimension which would be absolutely killer when you're trying to chase Thomas/Decker/Welker/possibly Julius Thomas all over the field.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #39
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Agreed.

I wonder if he'll fill the Lance Ball role eventually now that he's contributing on special teams. I'd personally love to see Hillman get the majority of the carries (if he continues to hold up and pass protect) because he's the guy who gives the offense the extra speed dimension which would be absolutely killer when you're trying to chase Thomas/Decker/Welker/possibly Julius Thomas all over the field.
Starting Hillman would be okay, but it wouldn't give the Broncos the FULL Montee.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #40
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Starting Hillman would be okay, but it wouldn't give the Broncos the FULL Montee.
Hey oh!

I assume they'll give him every chance to contribute.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #41
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
He is what he is:

- A busted 1st round pick
- Great depth when healthy
I agree completely. I have moved on from the cut him and move along idea to keep him on the roster for obvious passing situations to pick up free defenders and catch checkdown passes. He can fill in the depth when needed but can't be counted on to carry the full load like you expect from his draft position.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:16 PM   #42
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Agreed.

Glad to hear that he is on ST's now. I posted sometime after the end of the season that I thought he could extend his career and stay active for games if he volunteered for ST's.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #43
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Glad to hear that he is on ST's now. I posted sometime after the end of the season that I thought he could extend his career and stay active for games if he volunteered for ST's.
Knowshon is definitely a disappointing pick based upon where he was taken, the expectations and where players went after him.

but he can find a niche on this team that allows him to have a long and productive career.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:39 PM   #44
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Knowshon is definitely a disappointing pick based upon where he was taken, the expectations and where players went after him.

but he can find a niche on this team that allows him to have a long and productive career.
Move him to WR. He can catch and this way he doesn't have to get through the OL to gain yards.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #45
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Yeah, well he's alot more loyal to the Broncos than some of the clowns on here .....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:43 PM   #46
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Yeah, well he's alot more loyal to the Broncos than some of the clowns on here .....
He is so loyal he stopped getting DUIs when all the cool kids are doing it.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:49 PM   #47
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I'm guessing we're going RB in the first two rounds of draft now. I thought this kid would be something more, but now, coming off injury, possible jail time, not to mention league suspension.....get rid of the clown...with a quickness.
Loyal like errand.....

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...1&postcount=76
Old 07-30-2013, 12:50 PM   #48
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
He is so loyal he stopped getting DUIs when all the cool kids are doing it.
I'd be more concern that the older guys in the front office are getting DUI' s....

I'm not happy that he got pulled over for DUI however he is a punk kid.... hopefully he's learned his lesson.

my point is we got alleged fans on here who have quit or trashed the team b****ing about a player who gives his all every single time.

by the way Fred Taylor missed a lot of action his first three or four years in the league..... and he still had a very productive career....
Old 07-30-2013, 12:53 PM   #49
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I'd be more concern that the older guys in the front office are getting DUI' s....

I'm not happy that he got pulled over for DUI however he is a punk kid.... hopefully he's learned his lesson.

my point is we got alleged fans on here who have quit or trashed the team b****ing about a player who gives his all every single time.

by the way Fred Taylor missed a lot of action his first three or four years in the league..... and he still had a very productive career....
Hey it's OK you wanted Moreno cut just like the rest of us "loyal" fans.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #50
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I'm loyal to the team....not any one player. if a player can't keep his nose clean..... I say get rid of them.

but feel free to cherry pick one post where like I said he was coming off an injury, had not produced, and had got into trouble with the law......