The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #201
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Put in a big TE and run through defenses. No mercy.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #202
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
ESPN has reported that KM will have an even better view of the games this season. Pat Bowlen has sprung for a 55 inch plasma high def tv in the training room directly across from Moreno's training table that Bowlen had custom made for the RB last season. #Bowlencares
Classic! REP
Old 07-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #203
Johnykbr

Interesting stat on ESPN:

DAN KOPPEN

The Broncos offensive line took a major hit in losing Koppen. Peyton Manning was sacked eight times in the Broncos first three games last season, all played without Koppen taking a snap. Koppen played 95 percent of the team's snaps the final 13 games of the season, with Manning getting sacked 13 total times in those games.

The Broncos allowed one sack for every 35.8 dropbacks with Koppen on the field last season, compared to one sack for every 18.1 dropbacks with him off the field. Although the Broncos were much better with Koppen on the line, they managed to remain above the league average of 16.7 dropbacks per sack in his absence.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:23 PM   #204
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post

DAN KOPPEN

The Broncos offensive line took a major hit in losing Koppen. Peyton Manning was sacked eight times in the Broncos first three games last season, all played without Koppen taking a snap. Koppen played 95 percent of the team's snaps the final 13 games of the season, with Manning getting sacked 13 total times in those games.

The Broncos allowed one sack for every 35.8 dropbacks with Koppen on the field last season, compared to one sack for every 18.1 dropbacks with him off the field. Although the Broncos were much better with Koppen on the line, they managed to remain above the league average of 16.7 dropbacks per sack in his absence.
The level of competition along the defensive fronts MASSIVELY dropped off after Walton went down.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #205
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

DAN KOPPEN

I blame Walton
Old 07-29-2013, 01:27 PM   #206
DENVERDUI55

I wonder if Olin Kreutz has anything left in the tank? He has been out of the year for a league so I'm guessing he is only slightly above 200 lbs but he was a great C and a nasty SOB.

Update: Wow I saw a picture of Kreutz from may and I bet he is 200 lbs. Wow nevermind. What is up with OL when they retire get in shape and get close to 200 lbs and when RB's retire they balloon to 300 plus lbs?

Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 07-29-2013 at 01:36 PM..
Old 07-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #207
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:

DAN KOPPEN

The Broncos offensive line took a major hit in losing Koppen. Peyton Manning was sacked eight times in the Broncos first three games last season, all played without Koppen taking a snap. Koppen played 95 percent of the team's snaps the final 13 games of the season, with Manning getting sacked 13 total timn those games.

That's not on the center only. The team and the O line was just finding it's legs and gelling as a team. Had Koopen started from the day one those first three games would still be higher i'll bet.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:38 PM   #208
Johnykbr

While I agree with what you guys are saying, I think some of you are forgetting how much the offensive line improved just in the game that he came in to replace Walton. I don't think the success of the O-line was purely a happy accident.

With that said, I don't know if with his age he could have reproduced how well he did last year. And who knows, maybe Man-Ram will do well.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #209
mopatt24
Seasoned Veteran

Dont really know if this is worth its own thread or not, but it's interesting. I just ran across this tweet from Jon Heath quoting Nalen

Per @TomNalen, Chris Kuper is willing to give C a try once he gets healthy.

Thoughts?

Sorry I couldnt link it, I'm at work and i was just checking my phone
mopatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:40 PM   #210
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I wonder if Olin Kreutz has anything left in the tank? He has been out of the year for a league so I'm guessing he is only slightly above 200 lbs but he was a great C and a nasty SOB.

Update: Wow I saw a picture of Kreutz from may and I bet he is 200 lbs. Wow nevermind. What is up with OL when they retire get in shape and get close to 200 lbs and when RB's retire they balloon to 300 plus lbs?

Long term health in the case of the lineman. It is hard on the body to carry 300+ lbs after 35. Destroys the hips, knees and lower back, as well as heart, BP and diabetic issues.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:23 PM   #211
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopatt24 View Post
Dont really know if this is worth its own thread or not, but it's interesting. I just ran across this tweet from Jon Heath quoting Nalen

Thoughts?

I would like to see it happen.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:57 AM   #212
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopatt24 View Post

Thoughts?

I think Chris Kuper would be willing to eat rusty nails and crap iron bricks if he thought it would help the team win so this wouldn't surprise me one bit. I think the only thing that would keep him from being a pro bowl center is an injury. No ****. I believe the guy is that talented, strong, and smart. I just don't know how bad he has the injury bug or how well he'll hold up.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #213
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I think Chris Kuper would be willing to eat rusty nails and crap iron bricks if he thought it would help the team win so this wouldn't surprise me one bit. I think the only thing that would keep him from being a pro bowl center is an injury. No ****. I believe the guy is that talented, strong, and smart. I just don't know how bad he has the injury bug or how well he'll hold up.
He's not kicking in to C from TE. He's an interior OL. This is not that big of a transition.

Growing COMFORTABLE at it is the main obstacle to overcome.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:41 AM   #214
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
He's not kicking in to C from TE. He's an interior OL. This is not that big of a transition.

Growing COMFORTABLE at it is the main obstacle to overcome.
He called this morning.. Feels a lot better about where he is with regard to rehab... bummed out about Koppen although it may open up another opportunity. I was dreading talking to him because when he was home earlier this month he still felt like he was 8 weeks out. Something has changed since then because he is much more optomistic. He will do whatever he needs to do to help the team EXCEPT come out if he isn't ready physically..
kupesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #215
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupesdad View Post
He called this morning.. Feels a lot better about where he is with regard to rehab... bummed out about Koppen although it may open up another opportunity. I was dreading talking to him because when he was home earlier this month he still felt like he was 8 weeks out. Something has changed since then because he is much more optomistic. He will do whatever he needs to do to help the team EXCEPT come out if he isn't ready physically..
Optimistic about his time table?

We need specifics here man!
Old 07-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #216
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:

BOOM!

Are you new here?
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #217
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

My kid just said he saw that Fox said Koppen wasn't that bad ?

You guys hear anything ?
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:34 PM   #218
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Optomistic about where he is with his rehab. Earlier this month I didn't like what I was hearing... he was as down as I have ever heard him (Imagine that, thinking that your career was at an end at the ripe old age of 30) Today it was a completely different story, feels he is as strong upper body wise as ever.. working on footwork (don't know if it is to play center or what) He's pretty upset about Koppen, they have become good friends in the last couple of years. As far as my lack of detail... I sent this after reading the discourse you folks have been having with a young man that was threatening your children.. people like that scare the **** out of me..
Old 07-30-2013, 12:35 PM   #219
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Optomistic about where he is with his rehab. Earlier this month I didn't like what I was hearing... he was as down as I have ever heard him (Imagine that, thinking that your career was at an end at the ripe old age of 30) Today it was a completely different story, feels he is as strong upper body wise as ever.. working on footwork (don't know if it is to play center or what) He's pretty upset about Koppen, they have become good friends in the last couple of years. As far as my lack of detail... I sent this after reading the discourse you folks have been having with a young man that was threatening your children.. people like that scare the **** out of me..
The internet is full of complete douche-nozzles.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:35 PM   #220
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
BOOM!

Are you new here?
I might as well be... 590 posts in 7 years... I'm still a internetvirgin
Old 07-30-2013, 12:37 PM   #221
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
My kid just said he saw that Fox said Koppen wasn't that bad ?

You guys hear anything ?
He was put on IR.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #222
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
word up homeskilly
Old 07-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #223
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
He was put on IR.
ACL and done

593 just that quick
Old 07-30-2013, 12:43 PM   #224
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
yeah but you are all schwagged up
Old 07-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #225
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
word up homeskilly
I just wanted to have this quoted before you had a chance to edit or delete it.