The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2013, 06:21 AM   #1
Dendave
Ring of Famer

Echo

Default Radio Stations

Sitting here bored at work and hate watching NFL AM, for someone who doesn't live in the Denver area, I would like to know what local radio station I should try and get on the internet to listen to Broncos talk, news, interviews, training camp updates, etc. I have found 104.3FM and 1510AM any others and which do you feel is the one that has the most reports/news/talk...thanks in advance
Dendave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2013, 06:30 AM   #2
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendave View Post
Sitting here bored at work and hate watching NFL AM, for someone who doesn't live in the Denver area, I would like to know what local radio station I should try and get on the internet to listen to Broncos talk, news, interviews, training camp updates, etc. I have found 104.3FM and 1510AM any others and which do you feel is the one that has the most reports/news/talk...thanks in advance
104.3 has local sport programming all day and during TC are out there all day

102.3 is ESPN and they have local programming 12-6 pm

I really like the 102.3 afternoon show with Tommy Nalen and Gary Miller from 3-6
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:32 AM   #3
Dendave
Ring of Famer

Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
104.3 has local sport programming all day and during TC are out there all day

102.3 is ESPN and they have local programming 12-6 pm

I really like the 102.3 afternoon show with Tommy Nalen and Gary Miller from 3-6
Thanks
Dendave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:51 AM   #4
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendave View Post
Thanks
They talk a lot about Broncos, which is good. They have some real imbeciles, which is bad.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:57 AM   #5
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

mile high sports from 6am - 10 am is the best after that though ugh, hate gil whitley and irv and joe.
bfoflcommish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:58 AM   #6
lolcopter

850KOA (am)
Old 07-30-2013, 07:02 AM   #7
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
mile high sports from 6am - 10 am is the best after that though ugh, hate gil whitley and irv and joe.
Irv and Joe somehow keep getting work. Joe is Mr. Pessimist and Irv waxes nostalgic about the most obscure local references ever.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:08 AM   #8
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
850KOA (am)
I think Dave and Dave are the best... (3:00pm-7:00pm or until the rockies game starts.)
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:48 AM   #9
scorpio
Cubicle Pimp

The 104.3 morning show is unlistenable since they added Lundy and lost Klatt. And I didn't even like Klatt.
scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:55 AM   #10
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
The 104.3 morning show is unlistenable since they added Lundy and lost Klatt. And I didn't even like Klatt.
But adding Vic Lombardi was a big upgrade. The 104.3 morning show is good because of Lombardi - it would be better with 2 hosts instead of 3.

Cecil Lammey's show on 102.3 Sunday mornings (usually starts at 9 am Denver time) is the best for Bronco and NFL talk. Cecil sometimes is on Saturdays, too, and sometimes subs for the regular 102.3 hosts during the week.
titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:57 AM   #11
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Lundy isn't as bad as I thought he was going to be. And I like some of Lombardi. But Mike Evans is such a dingleberry.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:10 AM   #12
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

104.3 is best from 6am-Noon

Its a tie between 104.3 and 102.3 from Noon - 3pm. I love Scott and Drew, but they can get verrrrry boring. Les and CJ are ok, they get a lot of good info but Les really is a giant douche.

From 3pm-6pm, honestly now that its Kreckman, Nalen, and Gary Miller- 102.3 has replaced Al and.DMac for me. I cant stand Al and Dmac anymore they are just a pair of bumbling idiots. Complete. Tools.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:28 AM   #13
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
104.3 is best from 6am-Noon

Its a tie between 104.3 and 102.3 from Noon - 3pm. I love Scott and Drew, but they can get verrrrry boring. Les and CJ are ok, they get a lot of good info but Les really is a giant douche.

From 3pm-6pm, honestly now that its Kreckman, Nalen, and Gary Miller- 102.3 has replaced Al and.DMac for me. I cant stand Al and Dmac anymore they are just a pair of bumbling idiots. Complete. Tools.
Never listened to CJ until they moved him to the Les show. He's god-awful, it's amazing he retains a position in the industry. I have moved my workout time to 3 to avoid him.

Nalen is the best thing going on Denver radio, which speaks volumes about the market that a neophyte broadcaster is significantly more listenable than all the "seasoned" professionals.

Oh and Scott and Drew - zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 07-30-2013 at 08:43 AM..
Gutless Drunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:40 AM   #14
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

The best show Denver had going for awhile was when Gary Miller and Vic Lombardi were on in the mornings before 102.3 switched to ESPN.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:43 AM   #15
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Oh also, The Press Box on 93.7 in the morning is absolutely ****ing horrendous with Mark Kizsla and that uber douche Oren Lomena. I seriously would rather stick rusty ice picks in my ears than listen to that trash.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:43 AM   #16
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Irv and Joe somehow keep getting work. Joe is Mr. Pessimist and Irv waxes nostalgic about the most obscure local references ever.
i know right, do you remember mr jones, he was the batting coach in 1924 for san luis middle school, hahaha
bfoflcommish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:56 AM   #17
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

I used to be able to stand Evans when he was with Hastings. I used to love Vic when he was with Gary. CJ and Klatt were an ok mix together, but I've come around to believing Klatt may have been a great radio personality, even though I disliked him. He made Evans slightly tolerable too. I just couldn't stand some of his takes on college football, but he did go to CU, so there is that issue.

Vic and Evans don't work for me... too much ego, without enough ability from Lundy to reign them in. Scott and Drew are ehhh. Dmac and Al's schtick has grown stale, though its maybe the most entertaining show on the local radio right now. Nalen is awesome.

I think we need a couple of posters on the Omane to get on the radio. It would be better than a lot of the crap we get. But, like the weather, if you don't like the sports radio here, wait a couple days and they'll stick some other schmucks together.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:08 AM   #18
DenverDynamite

I thought Irv and Joe died. I didn't know they were still on the air. I always hated those old bastards. All they used to talk about was football from a gambler's perspective.

I like Sandy Clough, he's grown on me as I've gotten older. He knows his stuff and gives a fair analysis.

The new Fan morning show is okay. I love Lombardi, he's funny and knowledgeable, but Lundy and Evans come off as dick holes. When a show spends the lion's share of its air time baiting texters it means they suck.

Dmac and Al have gotten horrid. All they do is argue over linguistics. Both of them lost me in the offseason after the Super Bowl when they decided to start sniffing Joe Flacco's jock.
I like Gary Miller and Tom Nalen so I guess the 'locker room' on 102.3 has some potential. We'll see.

Last edited by DenverDynamite; 07-30-2013 at 09:12 AM..
Old 07-30-2013, 09:34 AM   #19
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Sandy is the best thing going in Denver sports talk radio. It is not a close competition.

Mike Evans is worthless, but Lombardi is good.

Not a fan of Drew and Scott. Just doesn't do it for me.

Sometimes take a trip down memory lane and listen to Irv and Joe. The obscurity makes it sorta fun.

I still listen to Al and Dmac. More for the entertainment factor than anything I'm going to take away from the proceedings.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #20
DENVERDUI55

Do any of those stations offer podcasts? I like to download those and listen to them when I get time.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:42 AM   #21
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

The Dave Logan show is light years better now with Dave Kreiger. The only problem I have with the show are the callers. It seems like only senior citizens call in to 850 koa.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:44 AM   #22
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Do any of those stations offer podcasts? I like to download those and listen to them when I get time.
Yep.

Www.1043thefan.com
Old 07-30-2013, 09:50 AM   #23
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Sandy is the best thing going in Denver sports talk radio. It is not a close competition.
All the rest of these guys could take a big lesson from Sandy - STAY ON TOPIC

It's a sports talk station - I don't care about your ****in kids, or your politics or any of your other stupid non-sports stories.
Gutless Drunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #24
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Thanks I'm going to try one today.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #25
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

sandy has always been the best even though he's a dick. The first time I heard him on the radio was shortly after the post game coverage of Superbowl 22 on 850 koa. He was ripping fans for even considering the Broncos to be favorites in that game.