The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #26
lolcopter

Walton blows

Man Ram and whoever the new guy is cant be any worse

It's like Joe Mays' replacement for the offensive side of the ball. Addition by subtraction
Old 07-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #27
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I think he's going to be better than Koppen would have been this year. Seriously. Dan Koppen wasn't even on the Broncos radar until Walton reinfected his foot. That means they were going to do the Ramirez/Walton thing regardless. And we all know Walton isn't a world beater.
Good view Kaylore, that's the way it certainly looks. And everyone that is down on Manny for some mostly early season sacks last year at guard may like him a lot better at center. He knows the O now much better after a year and full offseason with Manning and its clear the FO had him pegged as backup to starter Walton and this didn't bother resigning Dan until Walton had to get more surgery and we needed Koppen for depth behind Manny.

It could well be that SV can fill in for Manny about as well as Koppen at this stage of each players career. I had the willys about Koppen coming back after heading for almost certain retirement when we didn't resign him. Sometimes those older knees only have so much left to give regardless of how willing the heart. Feel bad for Dan but think we will be okay in the Oline nonetheless.
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:50 AM   #28
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Richard III was a field guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
Walton blows

Man Ram and whoever the new guy is cant be any worse

It's like Joe Mays' replacement for the offensive side of the ball. Addition by subtraction
Walton was no prize. He was adequate at best. The problem is that we don't have anyone better than him right now.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #29
Bacchus

I think Vallos is training camp fodder. They'll see what he gots but in the end it is Ramirez, CJ Davis and Blake.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #30
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

he's fodder, anything above that is a win.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote