The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #401
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
lol seriously? The most exciting player?
He is the most exciting player in the game right now. I boycotted the ASG and didn't watch it. As I expected from the highlights on ESPN the ASG was extremely boring, it was 3-zip and ended up giving Mariano the MVP? Yawn.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #402
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
You know what sucks? Is actually living in Houston and hearing the pep talk on the news of the Astros. Its cringing, because the Astros are so bad right now, you really, really have to be a die hard Astros fan to want to go see them play right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
He is the most exciting player in the game right now. I boycotted the ASG and didn't watch it. As I expected from the highlights on ESPN the ASG was extremely boring, it was 3-zip and ended up giving Mariano the MVP? Yawn.
One player isn't going to make the ASG any more exciting. Puig wouldn't have suddenly made the pitchers throw meat ball pitches and score runs.
I will say though, I was extremely surprised at both sides inability to score runs. Some amazing offensive talent producing zilch.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #403
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Here we are 97 games into the season and this was the first game that LA had Kemp, Crawford, Gonzo, and Hanley in the same lineup. They beat on a pitcher that was 9-0 at home with an ERA under 2. Then Kemp goes out and hurts himself slacking off. Hopefully he can still DH this series, but I doubt it.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:02 PM   #404
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

The Red Sox are smacking CC Sabathia around tonight.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #405
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:

One player isn't going to make the ASG any more exciting. Puig wouldn't have suddenly made the pitchers throw meat ball pitches and score runs.
I will say though, I was extremely surprised at both sides inability to score runs. Some amazing offensive talent producing zilch.
I would still disagree, Baseball missed an opportunity to showcase one of the more exciting players to watch and that certainly contributed to the yawn factor in the ASG.

It is what it is, and I am going to enjoy Puig-mania continue on all the way to the World Series.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #406
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 3m

BREAKING: MLB announces Ryan Braun is suspended without pay for remainder of 2013 season.

Buh Bye

My advice for Ryan Braun:

Last edited by Smiling Assassin27; 07-22-2013 at 03:28 PM..
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #407
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post

BREAKING: MLB announces Ryan Braun is suspended without pay for remainder of 2013 season.

Buh Bye

They need to give Matt Kemp his MVP award the stole from him and gave to this cheater.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #408
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

http://www.chadmoriyama.com/2013/07/...-report-video/

The Dodgers have signed 26-year-old Cuban shortstop Alexander Guerrero for $32 million, according to a report by Neftalí Ruiz of CDN. No English-language source has confirmed this as of yet. Guerrero defected from Cuba at the beginning of 2013.

Update: Dionisio Soldevila of ESPN Deportes also reporting the deal as done, adds that it’s for seven years.

Guerrero is around 5’10?, weighs in at 190-200 pounds, and has been one of the better players in the Cuban League.

Guerrero has been one of Cuba’s best players the last few years, hitting .338/.408/.641 in 2009, .343/.414/.583 in 2010 and .310/.400/.599 in 2011. Between the three seasons, he delivered 60 homers in 886 at-bats. One imagines that if the reports are true and he eventually becomes a free agent, he could take over as a starting shortstop or second baseman for an MLB team in short order.

However, he sat out the entire 2012 season and I’m not sure what baseball shape he’s currently in. Most seem to think he has the talent to be an MLB starter, but it may take a bit to work himself into shape, so a 2013 impact seems unlikely.

Reports are they he is going to play 2nd.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #409
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post

Buh Bye

Good riddance. A-Roid next, I hope.
BroncoLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #410
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
I would still disagree, Baseball missed an opportunity to showcase one of the more exciting players to watch and that certainly contributed to the yawn factor in the ASG.

It is what it is, and I am going to enjoy Puig-mania continue on all the way to the World Series.
classic. It was a yawn because Puig wasnt there. Don't mind the facts that Trout and Harper were there, Triple Crown Winner Cabrera was there, stud pitchers from Detroit throwing it from the mound against NL studs not named Puig.

Seriously? Puig is Major League Baseball? Get the **** out of here!

While it wasn't a high scoring affair, you had no way of knowing this before the game. If you think it would have been different based on one player, you are delusional right now. He is exciting and brings thoughts of Fernandomania back in the day but boycotting the game based on him not making it (he wasn't on ballot and you Dodgers' fans had the opportunity to get him as the finalist). He had a second chance and it didn't happen based on the public.

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 07-23-2013 at 12:43 PM..
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #411
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post

The Dodgers have signed 26-year-old Cuban shortstop Alexander Guerrero for $32 million, according to a report by Neftalí Ruiz of CDN. No English-language source has confirmed this as of yet. Guerrero defected from Cuba at the beginning of 2013.

Update: Dionisio Soldevila of ESPN Deportes also reporting the deal as done, adds that it’s for seven years.

Guerrero is around 5’10?, weighs in at 190-200 pounds, and has been one of the better players in the Cuban League.

Guerrero has been one of Cuba’s best players the last few years, hitting .338/.408/.641 in 2009, .343/.414/.583 in 2010 and .310/.400/.599 in 2011. Between the three seasons, he delivered 60 homers in 886 at-bats. One imagines that if the reports are true and he eventually becomes a free agent, he could take over as a starting shortstop or second baseman for an MLB team in short order.

However, he sat out the entire 2012 season and I’m not sure what baseball shape he’s currently in. Most seem to think he has the talent to be an MLB starter, but it may take a bit to work himself into shape, so a 2013 impact seems unlikely.

Viva La Cuba!

Great move by the Dodgers, Ellis will be a free agent after this season and reports were that Cano is looking for a 200 million dollar contract. Pay Guerro 5 million a year and Cano would make that in a month or two.

Granted there's not a lot of info on this guy but I trust Logan White.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #412
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
classic. It was a yawn because Puig wasnt there. Don't mind the facts that Trout and Harper were there, Triple Crown Winner Cabrera was there, stud pitchers from Detroit throwing it from the mound against NL studs not named Puig.

Seriously? Puig is Major League Baseball? Get the **** out of here!

While it wasn't a high scoring affair, you had no way of knowing this before the game. If you think it would have been different based on one player, you are delusional right now. He is exciting and brings thoughts of Fernandomania back in the day but boycotting the game based on him not making it (he wasn't on ballot and you Dodgers' fans had the opportunity to get him as the finalist). He had a second chance and it didn't happen based on the public.
Fact is, the National League scored zero runs and here you say Puig wouldn't have made a difference? GTFO.

The asg SUCKED hindtit. There wasn't one exciting moment in the game. Not one.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #413
TheChamp24

The Legend

Quote:

Sounds like 2013 is a definite no, but damn that much for a guy who sat out a whole year? That part is kinda weird to me. And we sure the kid is 27 after all the stuff thats come out before? haha
Old 07-23-2013, 05:14 PM   #414
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Sounds like 2013 is a definite no, but damn that much for a guy who sat out a whole year? That part is kinda weird to me. And we sure the kid is 27 after all the stuff thats come out before? haha
It's a 7 year contract so that is only 4.5 million per season. Really not that bad for his potential.

Looking at the 2nd base guys that are FA next year he is worth the risk. Utley is old and still will cost more and Cano is going to want a small fortune. Ben Zobrist is good but the Rays have a option on him for 7 million dollars. Also there are zero 2nd basemen in the farm system. So they Dodgers don't really have a choice here, even more so when Ellis is a FA as well.

You do this now and if he shows promise you save a ton on not paying a bigger name FA. JMO

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 07-23-2013 at 05:20 PM..
Old 07-23-2013, 05:54 PM   #415
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:

i'm not used to being a Yankees fan and seeing other teams sign the hell out of international and top tier players.
i can't get used to this nonsense. i need Hal and Hank to step it up.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #416
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i'm not used to being a Yankees fan and seeing other teams sign the hell out of international and top tier players.
i can't get used to this nonsense. i need Hal and Hank to step it up.
You guys should give us Kuroda back. I can't take much more of Crapuano up and down ass. Pretty much any time LA loses anymore you can bet his ass started.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #417
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
You guys should give us Kuroda back. I can't take much more of Crapuano up and down ass. Pretty much any time LA loses anymore you can bet his ass started.
naw, Kuroda stays. need to sign him for two more one year deals and then let him retire. once he does though... the Yanks rotation is hella ****ed.
Hughes is gone after this season, Andy P potentially as well, Nova is a damn schizo and all our best starters keep getting hurt in the minors.
Pineda needs to be a God send or else it's CC and no one else if Kuroda doesn't come back.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #418
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
naw, Kuroda stays. need to sign him for two more one year deals and then let him retire. once he does though... the Yanks rotation is hella ****ed.
Hughes is gone after this season, Andy P potentially as well, Nova is a damn schizo and all our best starters keep getting hurt in the minors.
Pineda needs to be a God send or else it's CC and no one else if Kuroda doesn't come back.
I wish LA never let him go in the first place. I'm not about LA trading off it's farm for a rental type pitcher but, something has to be done about Cap. Hopefully Fife is back soon, I mean just because you are a number 5 pitcher doesn't mean you need to allow 5 plus runs per game!
Old 07-23-2013, 09:58 PM   #419
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
I wish LA never let him go in the first place. I'm not about LA trading off it's farm for a rental type pitcher but, something has to be done about Cap. Hopefully Fife is back soon, I mean just because you are a number 5 pitcher doesn't mean you need to allow 5 plus runs per game!
yeah, Cap is horrendous lately. dude is just not at all a worthy SP, you shouldn't get killed in the NL like he does.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:19 PM   #420
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
yeah, Cap is horrendous lately. dude is just not at all a worthy SP, you shouldn't get killed in the NL like he does.
Yeah he's given up more then 5 runs in his 12 starts this year 5 times. Hard to win games when that happens.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:02 PM   #421
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Nice to see Miggy back in the lineup after missing a few games.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #422
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Miggy promptly goes yard in his first at bat back from missing those few games.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:27 PM   #423
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

The Tigers beat the Phillies 10-0 tonight.

Max Scherzer goes to 15-1 on the season.

6 innings 1 hit 0 BB 7 Ks on 75 pitches.

Tigers up on the Tribe by 3 games in the division.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:27 PM   #424
TheChamp24

The Legend

You know, even though Pujols numbers have dipped to being an average 1B, his overall numbers are still staggering.
If he just keeps up a 150 hit, 25 homeruns, 25 doubles, 90 RBI and 80 runs scored pace for only 4 more seasons, he'll basically have 3,000 hits, 1700+ runs scored, 1850+ RBI's, 600 homeruns and 625 doubles. And at this point, he'll still have a couple more years available as he'll be 37/38.
Side note, I never knew ARod was so close to 2,000 RBI's.

Its going to be interesting what Cabrera's numbers will end up looking like. Since Pujols has slowed down, I think Cabrera in the end could surpass Pujols' staggering numbers now. That is, unless Cabrera somehow goes through a Pujols-esque funk at around 33 like he did.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #425
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://deadspin.com/gerrit-cole-pick...oger-942939698

Gerrit Cole Picks Nose, Eats Booger