The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #76
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
There are a few reasons for the fires. One of them is poor forest management. BLM does a poor job clearing out dead wood after beetle infestations tear through. People protest "logging" in federally held lands. So this wood just sits, drying out. A small fire starts and you end up with Waldo Canyon or the RG or the North Fork fire. Gigantic infernos. Throw in drier then normal winters and overuse of available water resources and its not a surprise everyone has water issues.

So the ranchers in eastern colorado and the farmers on the west slope have to import water. Add in regulations on electricity or feed or fertilizer and they end up making next to nothing. But hey, we have those ugly ass wind farms going up.

Yeah, because wind farms are so much less attractive then oil spills.........
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:31 PM   #77
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
I always thought if Colorado was going to split it would be either along the continental divide or along I-70. four quarters of the state are completely different from one another.

It seems like a continental divide would be a logical border between states. It's a border between nations on other continents, but it runs through the middle of the states.
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #78
Johnykbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Yeah, because wind farms are so much less attractive then oil spills.........
Because there are a lot of oil spills in Colorado?
Old 07-27-2013, 06:46 PM   #79
Johnykbr

Quote:
Mid Atlantic. Tired of the cold and I miss the beach. One of the Carolinas is the preferred spot.

As a person that lives in the Triangle in NC...I would recommend you give serious consideration to SC. Low, low taxes and they are improving in everything across the board.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:21 PM   #80
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
As a person that lives in the Triangle in NC...I would recommend you give serious consideration to SC. Low, low taxes and they are improving in everything across the board.
No way! SC sucks, move to Raleigh, you'll love it! 3 hours from the beach and the mountains. Relatively low cost of living, and a ton of jobs available if you can work in the science or computer fields.

On the personal side Chapel Hill is more liberal with a great atmosphere, and great people. A few of my buddies say they prefer raleigh for the dating scene, to many divas in Chapel Hill. Wilmington is also a great city, and progressing quickly, also right on the ocean.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #81
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Mid Atlantic. Tired of the cold and I miss the beach. One of the Carolinas is the preferred spot.

You should look at Myrtle Beach.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:39 PM   #82
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Thanks, my avatar was meant to be disturbing.

People not appropriately keeping their properties in forested areas is why we keep losing so many houses and driving up insurance rates. It's unfortunately more than just a matter of their own affairs.
The reason people are losing so many houses in forested areas is because people are building more houses in forested areas. Do you see the link here? The math is not hard. Point being, if you CHOOSE to buy property in a forested area and you choose to build there, beware the consequences.

The same can be said for building your home along a beach that might suffer damage from a hurricane. Or someone who builds along the Mississippi in that, yes, it may flood.

The thing about a deciduous forest is that it renews itself by burning down. That is how it regenerates. So again, if you build there, it is only a matter of time before it burns.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:42 PM   #83
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

I hear Myrtle Beach rocks.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #84
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Lotta misconceptions in this thread. I'll start with this one: The Gun legislation that went into effect July 1 was not promoted by the Boulder rep, but the Aurora rep. (Who interestingly has a criminal record.)
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:10 AM   #85
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
It doesn't. Typical beach spot.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #86
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

The gun legislation in CO was stupid, especially when it does little good and forced out a decent sized business. That being said, Colorado was democrat controlled through and through for the first time in a long time. We've had years and years of republican control, republican laws and republican mandates that had the super liberals of Boulder up in arms for a long time. Boulder wanted to be its own state at one point... of course it was the same ridiculous thing as here, where only 50 people were in support of it.

Things change, and they can always change back. There are still a lot of red districts in CO and all they need to do is put up better state senators that vote in the red, rather than in the blue. Its the system. Don't like the changes you see going on, move to where you do or fight the changes through the system over time like many others.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #87
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Lotta misconceptions in this thread. I'll start with this one: The Gun legislation that went into effect July 1 was not promoted by the Boulder rep, but the Aurora rep. (Who interestingly has a criminal record.)
Here we go. Blame the Aurora guy...Who might this criminal rep be that you speak of and what crime were they charged with? Oh what's that governor guy's name again who signed that bill into Law? Don't suppose he had anything to do with it?

Also, I do want to clarify the idea that Colorado doesn't have enough water.

There is a fairly accurate estimate of 13,200,000 acre feet of water in our watershed. The problem was when the Colorado River Compact was agreed to in the early 1900's they didn't have an accurate way to measure the water and estimated it 16,400,000. Via this agreement Colorado is forced to send water to states it simply doesn't have.

Bottom line is there is 13.2 +/- Million acre feet of water in Colorado. There could be 20 Million and people would still be fighting one another over it. I own several water rights my self and I can assure you there is plenty of water in the state of Colorado. The problem lies with the amount of other states/people that want it.

Last edited by Meck77; 07-28-2013 at 08:20 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #88
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Here we go. Blame the Aurora guy...Who might this criminal rep be that you speak of and what crime were they charged with?
State Representative Rhonda Fields (D-Aurora) was arrested in 1976 on a charge of larceny and again in 1991 on a charge of shoplifting

http://mediatrackers.org/colorado/20...record-exposed

Last edited by lolcopter; 07-28-2013 at 08:26 AM..
Old 07-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #89
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
State Representative Rhonda Fields (D-Aurora) was arrested in 1976 on a charge of larceny and again in 1991 on a charge of shoplifting

http://mediatrackers.org/colorado/20...record-exposed
That's a democrat for ya.

Oh btw.....Downtown Denver has the highest concentration of violent crimes in our state. They need to clean that city up.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_23...sing-time-lodo

Last edited by Meck77; 07-28-2013 at 09:18 AM..
Old 07-28-2013, 09:14 AM   #90
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
The gun legislation in CO was stupid, especially when it does little good and forced out a decent sized business. That being said, Colorado was democrat controlled through and through for the first time in a long time. We've had years and years of republican control, republican laws and republican mandates that had the super liberals of Boulder up in arms for a long time. Boulder wanted to be its own state at one point... of course it was the same ridiculous thing as here, where only 50 people were in support of it.

Things change, and they can always change back. There are still a lot of red districts in CO and all they need to do is put up better state senators that vote in the red, rather than in the blue. Its the system. Don't like the changes you see going on, move to where you do or fight the changes through the system over time like many others.
They could always move next door, to Utah. That's as red as it gets.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:16 AM   #91
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Baja Wyoming ....... I like it
Pony Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:46 AM   #92
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
That's a democrat for ya.

Oh btw.....Downtown Denver has the highest concentration of violent crimes in our state. They need to clean that city up.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_23...sing-time-lodo
The most populous place in the state has the most crime? You're kidding, gosh that is just so surprising.

:roll:
Old 07-28-2013, 09:59 AM   #93
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
The most populous place in the state has the most crime? You're kidding, gosh that is just so surprising.

It is silly to even have to point out the obvious but the discussion about local dynamics last week was that Aurora was the center of crime. Had to point out the statistics to clear that up also. *shrug*

Back in the day there were people who were trying to convince us that Brian Griese had superbowl potential. I'm serious. Not all things are obvious to all people.

BTW...Wouldn't leave your car open in Steamboat anymore. Meth heads, thieves, and crooks are running wild up there also. Know plenty of friends who have been jacked. That kinda thing never use to happen up there.

Last edited by Meck77; 07-28-2013 at 10:11 AM..
Old 07-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #94
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post

Charleston. Or West Ashley. One or the other.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #95
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Here we go. Blame the Aurora guy...Who might this criminal rep be that you speak of and what crime were they charged with? Oh what's that governor guy's name again who signed that bill into Law? Don't suppose he had anything to do with it?
Ahh my Rep. Rhonda Fields. I live in Aurora.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #96
Johnykbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
No way! SC sucks, move to Raleigh, you'll love it! 3 hours from the beach and the mountains. Relatively low cost of living, and a ton of jobs available if you can work in the science or computer fields.

On the personal side Chapel Hill is more liberal with a great atmosphere, and great people. A few of my buddies say they prefer raleigh for the dating scene, to many divas in Chapel Hill. Wilmington is also a great city, and progressing quickly, also right on the ocean.
I'm in Raleigh and the best I could describe it as is "pleasant sometimes"
Old 07-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #97
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post

Except that Denver and Aurora are higher than the national average per capita than larger or even more urban cities for violent crime. We're like fourth in murder.

So yes, it is a problem.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:41 AM   #98
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
You should look at Myrtle Beach.
That joke only works on straight guys. Myrtle Beach has floozy loser chicks.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #99
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Except that Denver and Aurora are higher than the national average per capita than larger or even more urban cities for violent crime. We're like fourth in murder.

So yes, it is a problem.
source?
Old 07-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #100
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

So yes, it is a problem.
I can't imagine us ranking with Chicago. St Louis, Detroit.