The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #751
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Chris Harris said "No comment on the Von stuff" then immediately followed that statement with "He needs to take it like a man".

Whatever that's about.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #752
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Chris Harris said "No comment on the Von stuff" then immediately followed that statement with "He needs to take it like a man".

Whatever that's about.
I'm glad to see someone pissed at him.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #753
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:

Whatever that's about.
maybe sirhcyennek81 can help out.....
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #754
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Exactly. Seems like he's going about the Ryan Braun way so far. If he did it own it learn from it and move on.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #755
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Exactly. Seems like he's going about the Ryan Braun way so far. If he did it own it learn from it and move on.
It is what it is.

Let's not forget Von's just a kid. He just needs to understand if he wants to continue to get paid millions to play a silly game, he needs to understand consequences and act like a man.

Hopefully this is the wake-up call and not a year long suspension.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:35 AM   #756
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Except, fortunately we're not talking about PEDs (yet)
Old 07-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #757
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
It is what it is.

Let's not forget Von's just a kid. He just needs to understand if he wants to continue to get paid millions to play a silly game, he needs to understand consequences and act like a man.

Ya I agree. I do see him learning from it and don't see a stretch suspension in the future. Hoping it goes down to 1-2 games. In the meantime it should light a fire under someone's ass to get in there while he's out.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #758
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Except, fortunately we're not talking about PEDs (yet)
Ya i mean the reaction was similar not the infraction.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #759
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Ya i mean the reaction was similar not the infraction.
I don't think he said anything wrong till he said I don't feel like I let my teammates down. I think that is a pretty dumb thing to say. Chris Harris doesn't sound like he hasn't been let down to me.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:52 AM   #760
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
It is what it is.

Yeah, and not only get paid millions to play a silly game, but a chance to be truly great at it. We all know the kid has HOF caliber talent. He's gotta decide if he wants to be an all-time great, or a guy who had a couple of great years before fizzling out. Whether or not it's a full four game suspension or not, this better serve as an "oh ****" moment for the kid.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:29 AM   #761
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
I don't think he said anything wrong till he said I don't feel like I let my teammates down. I think that is a pretty dumb thing to say. Chris Harris doesn't sound like he hasn't been let down to me.
Yeah, his reaction is disappointing, unless it comes out that the NFL really did eff something up and he really was blindsided by this.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:10 PM   #762
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
You don't get a 1-month suspension willy nily. He DID something very stupid and he did it more than once.

Whatever it is, he clearly needs his ass kicked.

We cannot afford to have a cornerstone of the defense getting suspended.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #763
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
You don't get a 1-month suspension willy nily. He DID something very stupid and he did it more than once.

Why don't you go to Denver and kick it.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:12 PM   #764
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
It is what it is.

He's no kid.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:13 PM   #765
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

Wait for this to be official before you make this claim.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #766
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Why don't you go to Denver and kick it.
Yes. I live in Texas. Thanks for the reminder.

I'll be flying out for the stadium open practice on the 3rd. How about then!
Old 07-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #767
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Wait for this to be official before you make this claim.
What claim? Von has not denied a suspension is on the table. They don't hand them out like candy.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #768
Bacchus

Quote:
Yes. I live in Texas. Thanks for the reminder.

I'll be flying out for the stadium open practice on the 3rd. How about then!
Yeah that would be perfect. Kick his ass then, please. Go up to him and say Von I'm gonna kick your ass. Take out your phone and video the beating too.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #769
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
It is what it is.

Does any of this really seem like a wake-up call? He's appealing, the team is projecting bravado regarding the potential success of his appeal, and both Von and everyone around him are spinning this into the standard "me-against-the-world-back-against-the-wall-triumph-over-adversity-know-who-got-your-back" bull**** sports narrative. Von is a superstar. Right now, he is getting the superstar treatment. It's a very contemporary reaction to failure: deny shame, and in doing so remove the right-wrong/success-failure binary altogether. it's not about learning from a mistake or taking your lumps for a failure, it's about sublimating everything into an ego boost. Maybe it looks like taking the hard-ass route against Von would be counterproductive, but as this drifts further and further from being about what actually happened and why it happened into a focus on the triumph-of-the-will response to what happened, the likelihood of Von (or anyone) actually giving a **** about what happened, subconsciously, goes down considerably.

tl;dr: I'm with Chris Harris.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:00 PM   #770
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Hey, you could have asked almost the same question to any single guy:

...if fat chicks a part of your life-"Absolutely not"

1) Never admit to it and 2) There might have been a fat chick next to you in bed but doesn't mean you made a habit of it.

Maybe Von does Marijuana but doesn't think it is part of his life.
yeah. it's a deliberate soft-ball question. it has room for movement. klis could have asked "Von, do you smoke marijuana?" or: "Von, did you smoke Marijuana this offseason?" or whatever. But he would never do that.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:03 PM   #771
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
Does any of this really seem like a wake-up call? He's appealing, the team is projecting bravado regarding the potential success of his appeal, and both Von and everyone around him are spinning this into the standard "me-against-the-world-back-against-the-wall-triumph-over-adversity-know-who-got-your-back" bull**** sports narrative. Von is a superstar. Right now, he is getting the superstar treatment. It's a very contemporary reaction to failure: deny shame, and in doing so remove the right-wrong/success-failure binary altogether. it's not about learning from a mistake or taking your lumps for a failure, it's about sublimating everything into an ego boost. Maybe it looks like taking the hard-ass route against Von would be counterproductive, but as this drifts further and further from being about what actually happened and why it happened into a focus on the triumph-of-the-will response to what happened, the likelihood of Von (or anyone) actually giving a **** about what happened, subconsciously, goes down considerably.

GREAT POST! Too bad you, like all the rest of us, have no f'kn idea what this is all about.

Save your high horse for when the race starts.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #772
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post

Tl;dr

But I'm guessing u mad
Old 07-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #773
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Surprised no one posted this yet or did I miss it?

Report: Miller didn't fail drug test

Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller did not test positive for performance enhancing drugs or recreational drugs to trigger a suspension from the NFL, NFL sources told The Denver Post on Friday.

Miller is reportedly suspended without pay for the first four games of the upcoming NFL season, though the NFL has not commented on the matter or announced an official suspension. Miller has appealed the suspension, according to the Post, and has been practicing with the Broncos’ first team during training camp.

While Miller refuses to comment on what he deems an “ongoing situation” he did confirm as true a statement from the NFLPA asserting Miller's positive test had nothing to do with performance-enhancing drugs, according to the Associated Press.

Players can violate the NFL’s drug policy without actually flunking a drug test. Violations can include missing tests or counseling sessions. The Post has reported Miller is in Stage 2 of the league’s program as a result of testing positive for marijuana and amphetamine use during his rookie season in 2011.

More here:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/d...pension-072713
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #774
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Surprised no one posted this yet or did I miss it?

Report: Miller didn't fail drug test

Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller did not test positive for performance enhancing drugs or recreational drugs to trigger a suspension from the NFL, NFL sources told The Denver Post on Friday.

Miller is reportedly suspended without pay for the first four games of the upcoming NFL season, though the NFL has not commented on the matter or announced an official suspension. Miller has appealed the suspension, according to the Post, and has been practicing with the Broncos’ first team during training camp.

While Miller refuses to comment on what he deems an “ongoing situation” he did confirm as true a statement from the NFLPA asserting Miller's positive test had nothing to do with performance-enhancing drugs, according to the Associated Press.

Players can violate the NFL’s drug policy without actually flunking a drug test. Violations can include missing tests or counseling sessions. The Post has reported Miller is in Stage 2 of the league’s program as a result of testing positive for marijuana and amphetamine use during his rookie season in 2011.

More here:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/d...pension-072713

Saw that somewhere else - I sure hope it's true. I would be soooo happy if this got overturned or seriously reduced.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:46 PM   #775
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Saw that somewhere else - I sure hope it's true. I would be soooo happy if this got overturned or seriously reduced.
He sure seems pretty confident for a guy looking at 4 games
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote