The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #151
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Thanks for all the Rep guys. I missed camp today, but I'll be there Monday. Is there anything you guys want me to pay more attention to?
I really appreciate hearing all of this. Did you know women get "football is almost here" boners too?

I'd really like to hear what Ball is looking like. Anything to do with the D. And of course absolutely anything to do with Decker.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #152
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,840

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

Did you see the Decker interview with Kurt Warner? Figured you would be "sporting some wood" over that one.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #153
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,272

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I really appreciate hearing all of this. Did you know women get "football is almost here" boners too?

I'd really like to hear what Ball is looking like. Anything to do with the D. And of course absolutely anything to do with Decker.
First of all girls don't get BONERS!. Ewwwwwwwwwwww.

Women get damp under garments. lol. I'll keep that in mind when I'm at camp Monday.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:34 AM   #154
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
First of all girls don't get BONERS!. Ewwwwwwwwwwww.

Women get damp under garments. lol. I'll keep that in mind when I'm at camp Monday.

Women get Deckers. Its science, man.



Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:51 AM   #155
NorCalBronco7
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

You the man Hobo, thanks for all the reporting.

Heres my personal thoughts on a couple things that some people are discussing.

Scootin Bruton is running with the first team because of seniority and the inability of anyone able to earn a starting spot, not because hes the best option. Adams, Carter or Jammer will be the starting SS unless somebody comes out of nowhere.

Hillman stands little chance of being the opening day starter. Hes not an every down back in the NFL. Ball will start, and if for some wild reason he isnt able to secure the job, Moreno will start (and then probably break his leg).

I cannot ever buy completely into the Julius Thomas hype. Julius Thomas is at best the backup TE, ahead of Tamme. Thomas hasnt shown an ability to block, and he wont be there on early downs. Dressen is a good blocker and adequate short yardage, possession TE, and thats why hes starting game 1. Regardless, the Broncos will take a committee approach. Virgil Green makes the team because he is too valuable to drop.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:30 AM   #156
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,461

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Maybe Decker fans become futanari when football season approaches.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:38 AM   #157
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'
 
2KBack's Avatar
 
Cake is delicious

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 7,773
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Maybe Decker fans become futanari when football season approaches.
for those that don't know....do not google at work
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:54 AM   #158
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Shabby, not too

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,499
Default

Did any see Casserly on NFL Network?

He is at Broncos camp
I caught the end of it but he was talking about how the safeties failed Denver and they are a weakness and Moore blah blah

I dont think he knew Moore was right behind him like getting something out of a cooler
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:03 AM   #159
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,272

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBronco7 View Post
You the man Hobo, thanks for all the reporting.

Heres my personal thoughts on a couple things that some people are discussing.

Scootin Bruton is running with the first team because of seniority and the inability of anyone able to earn a starting spot, not because hes the best option. Adams, Carter or Jammer will be the starting SS unless somebody comes out of nowhere.

Hillman stands little chance of being the opening day starter. Hes not an every down back in the NFL. Ball will start, and if for some wild reason he isnt able to secure the job, Moreno will start (and then probably break his leg).

I cannot ever buy completely into the Julius Thomas hype. Julius Thomas is at best the backup TE, ahead of Tamme. Thomas hasnt shown an ability to block, and he wont be there on early downs. Dressen is a good blocker and adequate short yardage, possession TE, and thats why hes starting game 1. Regardless, the Broncos will take a committee approach. Virgil Green makes the team because he is too valuable to drop.
I think the Broncos are doing a lot of mixing and matching right to see if David Beckham can be a starter. Thursday I saw DB at both SS and FS. He has the physical tools to play the spot, but does he have football smarts or instincts to play the spot? We'll see.

As for J Thomas, don't get me wrong the kids got talent. But because hes been sidelined for so long with injury his progress isn't were a third year play should be. I mean he catches everything thrown his way and he has a natural way of getting open. However, his route running is rounded off a little bit and has trouble finding the soft spot in zone coverage.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #160
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top
 
DivineLegion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Peak of Good Living
Posts: 4,783

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
I think the Broncos are doing a lot of mixing and matching right to see if David Beckham can be a starter. Thursday I saw DB at both SS and FS. He has the physical tools to play the spot, but does he have football smarts or instincts to play the spot? We'll see.

As for J Thomas, don't get me wrong the kids got talent. But because hes been sidelined for so long with injury his progress isn't were a third year play should be. I mean he catches everything thrown his way and he has a natural way of getting open. However, his route running is rounded off a little bit and has trouble finding the soft spot in zone coverage.
Bend it like Beckham! David Beckham would have bicycle kicked the **** out of that ball in the playoffs, what can you do Dream?!
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:45 AM   #161
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,272

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Bend it like Beckham! David Beckham would have bicycle kicked the **** out of that ball in the playoffs, what can you do Dream?!
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #162
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Wow are some ppl on here real A-Class douchebags.

Ultimate, thanks for all the updates!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #163
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,272

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
Wow are some ppl on here real A-Class douchebags.

Ultimate, thanks for all the updates!
Why?
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #164
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Why?
This is going back a few days, first time I had a chance to go through the whole thread.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:59 PM   #165
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,272

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

There was a #23 at safety during Thursday practice. Anybody know who that was? He wasn't in the program guide or on the team roster on the web site.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #166
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
There was a #23 at safety during Thursday practice. Anybody know who that was? He wasn't in the program guide or on the team roster on the web site.
It was Jordan.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #167
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,272

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
It was Jordan.
Michael?
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:23 PM   #168
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,272

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

Bump because camp isn't open this year.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 07:18 PM   #169
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,065

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Yep have to rely on the media. Which sucks because it is heavily filtered and geared for the casual or general fan.

Hopefully some of the blogs like MHR get access, at least they are your more dedicated and detailed specific.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:09 AM   #170
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,223

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Yep have to rely on the media. Which sucks because it is heavily filtered and geared for the casual or general fan.

Hopefully some of the blogs like MHR get access, at least they are your more dedicated and detailed specific.
It's a shame that the Denver Post beat writers are so disinterested in their own jobs....
BowlenBall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:48 AM   #171
SpringStein
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Monument, CO
Posts: 2,773
Default

Troy Renck is an excellent addition to the football coverage. He was really good when he covered the Rockies. IMO, the best beat reporter on DPO staff.
SpringStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:46 AM   #172
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Yep have to rely on the media. Which sucks because it is heavily filtered and geared for the casual or general fan.

Hopefully some of the blogs like MHR get access, at least they are your more dedicated and detailed specific.
So lemme get this straight.
NO fans whatsoever are allowed to watch camp?
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:42 AM   #173
crush17
orange & blue
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,082

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
So lemme get this straight.
NO fans whatsoever are allowed to watch camp?
Correct.

They are doing 3 full scrimmage/practices at SAF@MH though.

July 27th & 30th & August 2nd.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:08 AM   #174
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 19,054

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringStein View Post
Troy Renck is an excellent addition to the football coverage. He was really good when he covered the Rockies. IMO, the best beat reporter on DPO staff.
i enjoy his twitter feed for sure.

Is it just me (with those with twitter) or is there a lot of beat writers and writers on Twitter complaining about their jobs recently about being 60
+ hour/week jobs?
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:16 AM   #175
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,461

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
i enjoy his twitter feed for sure.

Is it just me (with those with twitter) or is there a lot of beat writers and writers on Twitter complaining about their jobs recently about being 60
+ hour/week jobs?
They stand on a lawn, ignore the practices, and talk about the escorts they were nailing last night, or how drunk they got or whatever. Not even joking. They don't watch practice. Collect sound bites from the press conferences, and then hack something out they were planning on writing regardless, or sometimes in spite of, what's happening in camp that week.

The good ones actually seek out some of the players as they leave the field and talk to them. And they'll talk to the players and coaches about who has become interesting. In the Posts case, they'd read our camp reports and then pretend they noticed too. It will be interesting to see how they do without the fans to help them notice what the crap is going on.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:15 PM.


Denver Broncos