The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #51
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1971 View Post
dude..you dont even live in Colorado anymore..
Neither do I but I grew up in CO. I think the best thing I can say about CO these days is it has mountains. Otherwise, a bunch of libtards are running the state into the ground.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #52
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Colorado has had a slew of strong Democrats for many decades. It has nothing to do with California. It's been a purple state for decades. Colorado has had 18 Democratic Party governors since 1900. We just live in an era of hysterical, polarized political bs. Everything is considered extreme by extremists.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:33 PM   #53
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Colorado has had a slew of strong Democrats for many decades. It has nothing to do with California. It's been a purple state for decades. Colorado has had 18 Democratic Party governors since 1900. We just live in an era of hysterical, polarized political bs. Everything is considered extreme by extremists.
strong democrats? Who was that one democrat who was such a joke, I forgot his name--Lamb?
Old 07-27-2013, 12:36 PM   #54
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Neither do I but I grew up in CO. I think the best thing I can say about CO these days is it has mountains. Otherwise, a bunch of libtards are running the state into the ground.
One doesn't have to live in Colorado to have an opinion. I do maintain a residence in Colorado though and pay **** loads of property tax there. Spend several months a year in Colorado and I don't like what I'm seeing happening to the state.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:37 PM   #55
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
One doesn't have to live in Colorado to have an opinion. I do maintain a residence in Colorado though and pay **** loads of property tax there. Spend several months a year in Colorado and I don't like what I'm seeing happening to the state.
I know the state I "think" you might be investing in now... just a guess on my part.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #56
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
strong democrats? Who was that one democrat who was such a joke, I forgot his name--Lamb?
Nothing wrong with Dick Lamm. He made John Denver poet laureate of Colorado.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:52 PM   #57
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Nothing wrong with Dick Lamm. He made John Denver poet laureate of Colorado.
on my shoulder, makes me happy!
Old 07-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #58
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post

One of the reasons I am moving to the east coast. Colorado is not the same as it was just 10 years ago. I did not expect it to remain frozen in time, but the changes are drastic. Plus this place is a tinderbox just waiting to go up. No water, poor economic opportunity in the southern half of the state. Time to go.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #59
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
One of the reasons I am moving to the east coast. Colorado is not the same as it was just 10 years ago. I did not expect it to remain frozen in time, but the changes are drastic. Plus this place is a tinderbox just waiting to go up. No water, poor economic opportunity in the southern half of the state. Time to go.

CO is gonna have a massive water problem in the near future. The farmers and ranchers know this. I know 3rd gen. ranchers moving out because of the water issue.

I hate to point fingers but it's absolutely the influx of morons for places like CA and NY and Ohio and other blue dog states that are making things worse and worse in CO. People are using up the water fast and with a lack of snow in the winter time, well, things dry up and burn down. Just look at all the fires lately.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #60
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
CO is gonna have a massive water problem in the near future. The farmers and ranchers know this. I know 3rd gen. ranchers moving out because of the water issue.

I hate to point fingers but it's absolutely the influx of morons for places like CA and NY and Ohio and other blue dog states that are making things worse and worse in CO. People are using up the water fast and with a lack of snow in the winter time, well, things dry up and burn down. Just look at all the fires lately.
There are a few reasons for the fires. One of them is poor forest management. BLM does a poor job clearing out dead wood after beetle infestations tear through. People protest "logging" in federally held lands. So this wood just sits, drying out. A small fire starts and you end up with Waldo Canyon or the RG or the North Fork fire. Gigantic infernos. Throw in drier then normal winters and overuse of available water resources and its not a surprise everyone has water issues.

So the ranchers in eastern colorado and the farmers on the west slope have to import water. Add in regulations on electricity or feed or fertilizer and they end up making next to nothing. But hey, we have those ugly ass wind farms going up.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #61
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

Dick Lamm was the champion of limited growth for the state. Remember?
Old 07-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #62
Agamemnon

Quote:
Its a valid complaint. If an important part of the state wants to walk, you may have to reconsider the policies in place. And its not just the new ammo/gun restrictions. Its years of **** the rural parts of the state feel the cities get away with. Where I live people oppose anything involving Pueblo or Colorado Springs even if it would be an economic benefit.

And the smaller cities like Pueblo and Colorado Springs resent Denver. Ah the joys of regional politics.

By the way, these people have zero chance of making this silliness happen.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #63
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
There are a few reasons for the fires. One of them is poor forest management. BLM does a poor job clearing out dead wood after beetle infestations tear through. People protest "logging" in federally held lands. So this wood just sits, drying out. A small fire starts and you end up with Waldo Canyon or the RG or the North Fork fire. Gigantic infernos. Throw in drier then normal winters and overuse of available water resources and its not a surprise everyone has water issues.

So the ranchers in eastern colorado and the farmers on the west slope have to import water. Add in regulations on electricity or feed or fertilizer and they end up making next to nothing. But hey, we have those ugly ass wind farms going up.

The forest service doesn't have the money to do that kind of clearing.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:34 PM   #64
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

Your speaking to the choir. I'm well aware of the reasons for the fires, I grew up in CO and I live in WY. As for the ranchers I know moving out, they are in West CO more than East CO.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:38 PM   #65
nyuk nyuk

I live in Colorado. I think it's a great idea.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:38 PM   #66
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
The forest service doesn't have the money to do that kind of clearing.
yah but they could allow private citizens to do the work, that is, go in and clear out trees and use the wood for fire wood and such. But NOOOOOOO!!!!! It's the friggen FED GOBMENT AGENCIES "the federal forest" lands and by God, you better NOT touch that damn fire wood or johnny Fed ranger boy is gonna be on you like stink on ****.

Listen, I know this crap. I know what the private citizen is up against. I know liberals like yourself will say "the feds need more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to make it right, right!!"

wrong. Again you are wrong. wrong, wrong. wrong.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #67
nyuk nyuk

Quote:

Eh, east coast? Hopefully not the northern part!
Old 07-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #68
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Its as serious as the discussion of secession by Texas ( and multiple OTHER states) after the Repubs lost the last election. ( If I can't win fair and square then I'll just take my ball and leave ).
You're not looking at the big picture. A lot of this has to do with rural areas in several states taking issue with the large capital city neglecting their interests and needs.

This isn't about Daily Kos partisanship, really.

The gun issue may have been at most what broke the camel's back, but to act like it's THE issue?

Parts of Nebraska and Kansas and possibly Wyoming want to join this North Colorado thing. Did they have controversial new gun laws passed?
Old 07-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #69
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

The magazine limit law is a joke in California and it will be a joke in Colorado.

Law abiding citizens that are allowed to carry a 30 round clip do not suddenly start shooting up places because they can load more than ten in a clip. People that do can still get a 30 round clip..it will just be bought as a kit. Stupid ass laws
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #70
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
yah but they could allow private citizens to do the work, that is, go in and clear out trees and use the wood for fire wood and such. But NOOOOOOO!!!!! It's the friggen FED GOBMENT AGENCIES "the federal forest" lands and by God, you better NOT touch that damn fire wood or johnny Fed ranger boy is gonna be on you like stink on ****.

Listen, I know this crap. I know what the private citizen is up against. I know liberals like yourself will say "the feds need more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to make it right, right!!"

wrong. Again you are wrong. wrong, wrong. wrong.
I'm seeing poor fire mitigation on and near private property.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #71
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
The magazine limit law is a joke in California and it will be a joke in Colorado.

Law abiding citizens that are allowed to carry a 30 round clip do not suddenly start shooting up places because they can load more than ten in a clip. People that do can still get a 30 round clip..it will just be bought as a kit. Stupid ass laws
California is a joke. It doesn't seem these magazine limit laws have previously been challenged in court. Thankfully, that is now changing.

I see no rational reason to believe that common-use defensive firearms can't be banned that the common-use accessories for those common-use firearms can.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:59 PM   #72
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
I'm seeing poor fire mitigation on and near private property.
That's completely up to the private owner. If you build a home in the forest you better do the leg work to protect your home from a fire. Otherwise, see the Black Forest fire.

Also, your avatar is disturbing.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #73
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

The upper peninsula of Michigan has been trying to get this done for decades if not longer.

That would be logical, in CO? Not so much.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #74
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
That's completely up to the private owner. If you build a home in the forest you better do the leg work to protect your home from a fire. Otherwise, see the Black Forest fire.

Also, your avatar is disturbing.
Thanks, my avatar was meant to be disturbing.

People not appropriately keeping their properties in forested areas is why we keep losing so many houses and driving up insurance rates. It's unfortunately more than just a matter of their own affairs.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:37 PM   #75
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Eh, east coast? Hopefully not the northern part!

Mid Atlantic. Tired of the cold and I miss the beach. One of the Carolinas is the preferred spot.