The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #276
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
lol

his best play as a bronco

I stood up when he did that, the Raven fans around me were less than pleased.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #277
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Glad KM is taking an active role on special teams. He needs to find a niche to contribute right away this year. Baring injury, it's not going to be as a starting RB.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #278
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I stood up when he did that, the Raven fans around me were less than pleased.
the broncos offense really struggled after KM left the playoff game with an injury. That was probably the biggest factor when comparing the regular season game vs the playoff game (IMO).
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:57 AM   #279
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
the broncos offense really struggled after KM left the playoff game with an injury. That was probably the biggest factor when comparing the regular season game vs the playoff game (IMO).
QFT

We win that game going away if Moreno didn't get injured.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #280
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
A lack of running game was detrimental to our offense. Throw in they played a lot of Cover 2 over the top, eliminating the deep pass, and you have yourself a recipe for disaster. Peyton settled for underneath routes. Not to mention the relentless blitzing, throwing everything and the kitchen sink at Peyton.

But, in also comparing the two games, they got back a plathora of players who didn't play the first go around, this had to help also..
Old 07-27-2013, 11:09 AM   #281
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Like what I see from Quanterus Smith so far. Working on a variety of moves, keeps his balance well at contact. Strong work in OL/DL drills.

Sylvester Williams looked better in pass-rush than run-block OL/DL drills. Very quick first step

Defense ahead of offense on first full-pad day. At one point, 6 consec. Manning passes fell incomplete. D was aggressive, mounting pressure.

Duke Ihenacho: INT off Osweiler. Jeremiah Johnson: great day. And Trindon Holliday just got an ovation for a long punt return.

https://twitter.com/MaseDenver

Nice day for safety Duke Ihenacho @NachoLyfe. Getting some reps in no 1 nickel package, then makes a pick off Osweiler

Rahim Moore gets a pick in one on ones vs rookie wr Lamaar Thomas.
Show boats to the fans, who eat it up

https://twitter.com/bylindsayhjones

It is CLEAR they are committed to getting Julius Thomas in the mix. For all the issues von is simply a beast. Briton getting in an even mix

I'd give the offense a c plus today. Defense looked fast and much sharper

Rahim Moore is trying to win the fans back with interaction

https://twitter.com/dmac1043
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #282
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
QFT

We win that game going away if Moreno didn't get injured.
+1

Been saying that since the game finished.

People hanging that loss on Rahim Moore are probably the same people that instantly freak out over the Doom gun incident or the Von suspension news. They remind me of adolescent girls.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #283
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

1. Some of the most difficult cuts will come from a group of pass catchers that looks deep and talented.
Tight end Julius Thomas continues to make too many plays to ignore. His Friday was punctuated by grabbing a Peyton Manning pass near the right sideline, one step ahead of safety David Bruton and linebacker Danny Trevathan. I look forward to watching him in full pads this weekend and seeing how he handles heavier contact at the line of scrimmage.
Rookie wide receiver Tavarres King had another solid day. Andre Caldwell beat Omar Bolden deep up the left sideline for a perfectly placed bomb from Brock Osweiler, who continues to improve at leading his receivers, setting them up for long grabs in stride. Greg Orton also made his presence known, at one point catching three consecutive passes. He punctuated his day with the afore-mentioned catch at Carter's expense.
The presence of Trindon Holliday makes the competition at wide receiver all the more fierce. Holliday is a good bet to make the final 53-man roster because his massive contributions on returns justify it. But he dropped a pair of catchable passes Friday on consecutive snaps, which won't help his chances of contributing beyond special teams.
Holliday's return proficiency is so far above the mean that he's an essential part of the Broncos' equation. The last two years, the league touchdown rates are one per 131.9 kickoffs and one per 60.7 punts; Holliday's averages (including playoffs) are one touchdown every 12.0 kickoffs and one every 26.0 punts. But if Holliday can't prove that he can help in the passing game, the Broncos might be faced with a difficult choice: either have to jettison a more consistent wide receiver or carry one less player at another position.
These are the sorts of difficult roster decisions that teams with above-average depth face. It's the NFL's answer to "#firstworldproblems" on Twitter.

2. Quarterbacks aren't to be touched during live-action drills, a condition underscored by the blue jerseys that Peyton Manning and his understudies wear. But what about when the quarterbacks initiate contact -- as happened when Manning stopped Woodyard after an interception?
"You know, that's a good question," Woodyard said, smiling. "I should have run him over."
Woodyard said he told Manning, "Watch out. He considered giving the quarterback a juke, but thought better of it -- "But I didn't want to embarrass him," he said. It was all with a smile, and all in good fun.
"It was actually a good open-field tackle. A lot better than I thought it was going to be."

3. While Woodyard nabbed the interception during that snap in a seven-on-seven period, safety David Bruton deserved the bulk of the credit. Bruton timed his contact with running back Montee Ball perfectly, sending the football skyward after their collision.
Bruton was beaten on the next play by Julius Thomas, but overall his play has been solid, continuing the momentum he established during organized team activities. This is a different Bruton than the one who started at the end of the 2011 season and in the 2012 playoffs; he's in better position, doesn't over-pursue and makes good use of his unique size-speed blend.
"I feel like I haven't missed a beat -- aside from the first period yesterday, knocking off some of that rust," Bruton said, citing backpedal and cutting issues early in that first practice.
Bruton is the heaviest (217 pounds) and the tallest (6-foot-2) safety on the roster, which brings with it some adaptations that he's emphasized recently, helping bolster what is now a legitimate bid to earn a full-time starting slot.
"I've always had the mindset in my notes to keep the hips low, because I'm a 6-foot-2 guy," Bruton said. "hat's the biggest thing that's helped me a lot. I continuously put that work in, and it's paid dividends."

4. The scant mention of linemen the last two days is not out of ignorance, but of the difficulty of truly gauging progress without pads, particularly at the interior spots. That changes Saturday morning. But so far, there's some promise.
Defensive line: Quanterus Smith's burst off the edge, Robert Ayers' ability to stand his ground at the point of attack against the run, a stunt by Malik Jackson that nearly ended in a sack before Osweiler. There was a bit more pressure on the quarterbacks Friday, which forced a handful of throwaways. There were fewer interceptions as the quarterbacks made fewer unforced errors.
Offensive line: Louis Vasquez looks comfortable, as though he's been playing on the Broncos' offensive line for years. Chris Clark has been steady filling in for Ryan Clady, who is limited as he completes his recovery from shoulder surgery. Vasquez and right tackle Orlando Franklin helped spring Montee Ball for his nicest run of the day off right tackle.

5. During most drills so far, Brock Osweiler and the second team receive as many snaps as Peyton Manning and the first unit. Fox acknowledged this, and cited new quarterbacks coach Greg Knapp as a reason why Osweiler and third-teamer Zac Dysert have each received substantial shares of the snaps.
"Greg Knapp is an excellent teacher. Heís done it with famed guys like Steve Young, and heís done it with young guys (Matt Schaub and T.J. Yates) like he did in Houston," Fox said. "Youíre just trying to get everybody on your squad better, and thatís what good coaches do.Ē
But Manning is and will remain the leader -- and he showed how far his leadership stretches midway through practice, when he provided the most heartwarming moment of camp by throwing passes to a young fan in a Von Miller jersey. After the boy couldn't reel in the first pass, he easily caught the second one approximately 27 yards across the field, to the delight of spectators.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...8-514c829693bd
Old 07-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #284
Drunken.Broncoholic

I remember saying something about Moreno being injury prone and going out in the middle of games. Then people said I was wrong. Leaving early in that game was nothing new
Old 07-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #285
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
+1

People hanging that loss on Rahim Moore are probably the same people that instantly freak out over the Doom gun incident or the Von suspension news. They remind me of adolescent girls.
IMO The game could've been won with Moreno still going out. Could not with the existence of moores play. Let people have an opinion on the way they interpret that game for Christ sake.

Didnt you freak out when tebow left and renounce being a broncos fan? That about as girlie as you can get

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 07-27-2013 at 11:24 AM..
Old 07-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #286
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Needless to say it was a disappointing day 1 for Montee Ball, he looked tentative as a runner, we'll see if he gains comfort as camp goes on

Knowshon Moreno looked good today as a runner and receiver out of the backfield, impressing more than Montee did

Moreno showing great fight today as a runner - refusing to go down

I've got chills watching the pit at #Broncos training camp - OL wins today, QSmith with a strong showing

Pass pro great day for Hillman and Moreno, Montee Ball got pushed around by Mike adams

https://twitter.com/cecillammeyAdams
Old 07-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #287
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Needless to say it was a disappointing day 1 for Montee Ball, he looked tentative as a runner, we'll see if he gains comfort as camp goes on

Knowshon Moreno looked good today as a runner and receiver out of the backfield, impressing more than Montee did

Moreno showing great fight today as a runner - refusing to go down

I've got chills watching the pit at #Broncos training camp - OL wins today, QSmith with a strong showing

Pass pro great day for Hillman and Moreno, Montee Ball got pushed around by Mike adams

https://twitter.com/cecillammeyAdams

I get more excited about Q smith every day. M Ball should eventually come around. Probably a little overwhelming for him right now.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #288
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
1. Some of the most difficult cuts will come from a group of pass catchers that looks deep and talented.
Tight end Julius Thomas continues to make too many plays to ignore. His Friday was punctuated by grabbing a Peyton Manning pass near the right sideline, one step ahead of safety David Bruton and linebacker Danny Trevathan. I look forward to watching him in full pads this weekend and seeing how he handles heavier contact at the line of scrimmage.
Rookie wide receiver Tavarres King had another solid day. Andre Caldwell beat Omar Bolden deep up the left sideline for a perfectly placed bomb from Brock Osweiler, who continues to improve at leading his receivers, setting them up for long grabs in stride. Greg Orton also made his presence known, at one point catching three consecutive passes. He punctuated his day with the afore-mentioned catch at Carter's expense.
The presence of Trindon Holliday makes the competition at wide receiver all the more fierce. Holliday is a good bet to make the final 53-man roster because his massive contributions on returns justify it. But he dropped a pair of catchable passes Friday on consecutive snaps, which won't help his chances of contributing beyond special teams.
Holliday's return proficiency is so far above the mean that he's an essential part of the Broncos' equation. The last two years, the league touchdown rates are one per 131.9 kickoffs and one per 60.7 punts; Holliday's averages (including playoffs) are one touchdown every 12.0 kickoffs and one every 26.0 punts. But if Holliday can't prove that he can help in the passing game, the Broncos might be faced with a difficult choice: either have to jettison a more consistent wide receiver or carry one less player at another position.
These are the sorts of difficult roster decisions that teams with above-average depth face. It's the NFL's answer to "#firstworldproblems" on Twitter.

2. Quarterbacks aren't to be touched during live-action drills, a condition underscored by the blue jerseys that Peyton Manning and his understudies wear. But what about when the quarterbacks initiate contact -- as happened when Manning stopped Woodyard after an interception?
"You know, that's a good question," Woodyard said, smiling. "I should have run him over."
Woodyard said he told Manning, "Watch out. He considered giving the quarterback a juke, but thought better of it -- "But I didn't want to embarrass him," he said. It was all with a smile, and all in good fun.
"It was actually a good open-field tackle. A lot better than I thought it was going to be."

3. While Woodyard nabbed the interception during that snap in a seven-on-seven period, safety David Bruton deserved the bulk of the credit. Bruton timed his contact with running back Montee Ball perfectly, sending the football skyward after their collision.
Bruton was beaten on the next play by Julius Thomas, but overall his play has been solid, continuing the momentum he established during organized team activities. This is a different Bruton than the one who started at the end of the 2011 season and in the 2012 playoffs; he's in better position, doesn't over-pursue and makes good use of his unique size-speed blend.
"I feel like I haven't missed a beat -- aside from the first period yesterday, knocking off some of that rust," Bruton said, citing backpedal and cutting issues early in that first practice.
Bruton is the heaviest (217 pounds) and the tallest (6-foot-2) safety on the roster, which brings with it some adaptations that he's emphasized recently, helping bolster what is now a legitimate bid to earn a full-time starting slot.
"I've always had the mindset in my notes to keep the hips low, because I'm a 6-foot-2 guy," Bruton said. "hat's the biggest thing that's helped me a lot. I continuously put that work in, and it's paid dividends."

4. The scant mention of linemen the last two days is not out of ignorance, but of the difficulty of truly gauging progress without pads, particularly at the interior spots. That changes Saturday morning. But so far, there's some promise.
Defensive line: Quanterus Smith's burst off the edge, Robert Ayers' ability to stand his ground at the point of attack against the run, a stunt by Malik Jackson that nearly ended in a sack before Osweiler. There was a bit more pressure on the quarterbacks Friday, which forced a handful of throwaways. There were fewer interceptions as the quarterbacks made fewer unforced errors.
Offensive line: Louis Vasquez looks comfortable, as though he's been playing on the Broncos' offensive line for years. Chris Clark has been steady filling in for Ryan Clady, who is limited as he completes his recovery from shoulder surgery. Vasquez and right tackle Orlando Franklin helped spring Montee Ball for his nicest run of the day off right tackle.

5. During most drills so far, Brock Osweiler and the second team receive as many snaps as Peyton Manning and the first unit. Fox acknowledged this, and cited new quarterbacks coach Greg Knapp as a reason why Osweiler and third-teamer Zac Dysert have each received substantial shares of the snaps.
"Greg Knapp is an excellent teacher. Heís done it with famed guys like Steve Young, and heís done it with young guys (Matt Schaub and T.J. Yates) like he did in Houston," Fox said. "Youíre just trying to get everybody on your squad better, and thatís what good coaches do.Ē
But Manning is and will remain the leader -- and he showed how far his leadership stretches midway through practice, when he provided the most heartwarming moment of camp by throwing passes to a young fan in a Von Miller jersey. After the boy couldn't reel in the first pass, he easily caught the second one approximately 27 yards across the field, to the delight of spectators.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...8-514c829693bd
Manning is all class so glad Elway went out and got him. You guys ever consider what a ballsy move that was for the newbe GM to make. That would have been a hard decision for an established GM to make let alone a guy learning on the job.

And to you guys that say that decision was a no brainer, it wasn't. Twenty million to a guy with huge question marks is a ballsy move.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #289
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
IMO The game could've been won with Moreno still going out. Could not with the existence of moores play. Let people have an opinion on the way they interpret that game for Christ sake.

Didnt you freak out when tebow left and renounce being a broncos fan? That about as girlie as you can get

Yes I do have my girlie side and I like that about me. But it doesn't crop up very often.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #290
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:

Sure it could have. Peyton's INT was just as much a game killer as the Moore play.

Bottom line is that is a game we win 97 times out of 100.

...and if the temperature is normal for that time of the year - 100 out of 100

Last edited by baja; 07-27-2013 at 11:59 AM..
Old 07-27-2013, 11:44 AM   #291
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
True, he would have been pushing 10. But he needs the ability to pressure the QB in crunch-time, like Von can. That would make him a top-tier DL.

Maybe, now he is in shape to do it. That's what I want to see. An unstoppable force.
Agreed. He takes that step and we have a scary pass rush that also isn't a liability in the running game.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #292
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Manning is all class so glad Elway went out and got him. You guys ever consider what a ballsy move that was for the newbe GM to make. That would have been a hard decision for an established GM to make let alone a guy learning on the job.

And to you guys that say that decision was a no brainer, it wasn't. Twenty million to a guy with huge question marks is a ballsy move.
If it was someone else besides Elway I think he chooses another team. Can you imagine if it was Joe Ellis leading that charge? I think Elway was the deal breaker for DRC too. Elways not perfect, no one at his job is. But he's pretty dam close.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:50 AM   #293
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
I get more excited about Q smith every day. M Ball should eventually come around. Probably a little overwhelming for him right now.
Yes anything else would be a major surprise for me. Can't wait to see him in preseason action.

Just signed up for GameDay which I can finally get in Mexico. $137.00 and I get every NFL game, Game Rewind, NFL channel and Red Zone. Great deal.

Now I gotta figure out how stream it to my 60 inch Smart TV. Anyone know?
Old 07-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #294
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Yes anything else would be a major surprise for me. Can't wait to see him in preseason action.

Just signed up for GameDay which I can finally get in Mexico. $137.00 and I get every NFL game, Game Rewind, NFL channel and Red Zone. Great deal.

Now I gotta figure out how stream it to my 60 inch Smart TV. Anyone know?
Do you have a laptop with an HDMI input?
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #295
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
If it was someone else besides Elway I think he chooses another team. Can you imagine if it was Joe Ellis leading that charge? I think Elway was the deal breaker for DRC too. Elways not perfect, no one at his job is. But he's pretty dam close.
Agree with all. He has the cred. which is priceless.

I was so wrong about his Tebow move. I feel like i should buy his Halloween candy for the rest of his life.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #296
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Do you have a laptop with an HDMI input?
No but I think I have a patch cable (HDMI to DVI) from Mac that might work with my lab top, I forgot about that.

I also have an iPad with all play (or something like that)
Old 07-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #297
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
No but I think I have a patch cable (HDMI to DVI) from Mac that might work with my lab top, I forgot about that.

I also have an iPad with all play (or something like that)
If you had Apple TV you could just stream through the TV.

It sounds like you'll just need to tinker a little bit, but it should work out.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:06 PM   #298
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
If you had Apple TV you could just stream through the TV.

It sounds like you'll just need to tinker a little bit, but it should work out.
I do have apple TV. I didn't realize I could stream from a website through that device.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #299
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
+1

To be fair Baja you said you would quit being a fan of the broncos if Denver signed Manning and shipped out the FB trying to play QB. That's probably a top 3 alltime overreaction post.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #300
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
I do have apple TV. I didn't realize I could stream from a website through that device.
You didn't realize it? Damn, that's girlie.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote