The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #126
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 2h

Demaryius Thomas is noticeably leaner. He weighed in at his goal weight of 226, down from about 235 last year. Said he might play at 222.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #127
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 2h

Demaryius Thomas is noticeably leaner. He weighed in at his goal weight of 226, down from about 235 last year. Said he might play at 222.
Great! Demaryius has AIDS! Is there no end to this horrid offseason!?!?!?
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #128
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Hillman bulking up

Montee Ball and Ronnie Hillman combined for 3634 yards, 52 TDs in 2011. They were number 1 and 3 in yards in the NCAA, and number 1 and 7 in TDs. There were 10 teams in the league whos offense couldn't manage 3634 total yards that year and and 30 teams that didn't score that many total TDs.

These 2 kids can run the ball.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #129
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I bet it is turtle flu or squirrel aids - either way he is as good as dead.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #130
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I wonder if there is anything else that would contribute to this kind of thing.

Doubt it.
He has been cooking and smoking Meth with DT. Both have cut pounds and added scabs to face.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #131
yerner
Ring of Famer

wait, they're trying to tell me hillman jumped 21lbs this offseason and it's all muscle?
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #132
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
wait, they're trying to tell me hillman jumped 21lbs this offseason and it's all muscle?
Wow that's pretty crazy.

A Rod approves
Old 07-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #133
g6matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
He has been cooking and smoking Meth with DT. Both have cut pounds and added scabs to face.
& von
Old 07-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #134
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I do see a drop in pressuring the QB though. JDR needs to get creative at attacking the QB while Von is out.
A slight drop in QB pressure is ok if Safety awareness can increase exponentially. Possible?
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #135
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
A slight drop in QB pressure is ok if Safety awareness can increase exponentially. Possible?
... Exponentially?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #136
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
... Exponentially?
Exponentially, yes. Meaning that there is growth by a set value. That set value being the positive of whatever negative value is lost by decreased QB pressure. Therefore, the rate of safety play must increase exponentially to the ratio of loss of QB pressure.

Another way to say it is that these words you see are coming out of my anus. Do they make me seem super smart and mathematical? Because, I am.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #137
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
& von
Von weight is up. Munchies with the green ****.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #138
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Montee Ball and Ronnie Hillman combined for 3634 yards, 52 TDs in 2011. They were number 1 and 3 in yards in the NCAA, and number 1 and 7 in TDs. There were 10 teams in the league whos offense couldn't manage 3634 total yards that year and and 30 teams that didn't score that many total TDs.

These 2 kids can run the ball.
To be fair, Montee had 39 total TDs that year

go badgers!
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #139
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
They said teams will come in expecting to be in a shoot out vs us and scoring 30 points is a pretty good possibility. They hate our safeties. Pretty much without Von and Doom to rush the passer we are F'd I guess.
This is a golden chance for Ayers, Wolfe, Shaun Phillips, Qanterus, Beal and Malik to step up. we just need two of these guys to play pretty decent pass rush and we wont miss a thing as long as Von wins his appeal.

If Von has to sit four games, then getting some decent pressure with any combination of these guys is more paramount, but still it isn't close to the end of the world these guys are imagining.

Our DLine will be getting a lot more push up the middle this year as well with real pressure from the center for a change. We will definitely find two out of this bunch .. and you know Wolfe will be one of them .. who can take up a good amount of the slack and sure we might have to score an extra 7 each of those first 4 games to win them all compared to if Von was there the whole time, but that is very doable against any of these first four teams we face early in the season.

NY Giants game on the road might well be the toughest. But our offense will be in explosive mode by game two.. and three of those four games are at Mile High without the disadvantage for our style of precision offense that the -10 degree wind chill in the last playoff game against the Ratbirds proved to be.

This game will be in nice balmy weather for sure on September 5th this time around ... The Ravens have a whole lot to new people in key positions to get on the same page ... not to mention 'fail the physical' Jacoby Jones from too much SB partying ....

We can easily go 3-1 or even 4-0 before Von comes back raring t0 tear up the league to make up for the embarrassment of the suspension and we will have several more DEs and LBs with a lot more experience under their belt as well as at least a silver lining over a bummer situation.

Its definitely not the end of the world by any means.

Last edited by Hulamau; 07-25-2013 at 02:51 PM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #140
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Yep looks like it's time to knash some teeth .. the sky is falling!!
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:59 PM   #141
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

http://www.brandonspano.com/

POTENTIAL LINE-UP CHANGES

Safety: David Bruton received a lot of work with the first team defense on Thursday. This started in mini-camp, six weeks ago, and has crossed over into training camp. Bruton was sharing time with Rahim Moore today. Expect Bruton to continue getting reps with the starters until pre season starts, where he will either prove to be a starter or fall back into the special teams plan.

Tight End: Julius Thomas opened up the practice as the number one tight end and received more work with the starters than any other tight end on the roster. Julius is coming off of a fantastic mini-camp, but has been plagued by injuries the last two seasons. He is unquestionably the most athletic tight end on the roster and could prove to be another receiving weapon for Peyton Manning this year.

Defensive Line: Rookie, Sylvester Williams, had not signed his contract before practice and therefor did not participate today. He has now signed and will be a full go on Friday. Because of this, the starting defensive tackles were Kevin Vickerson and the newly acquired Terrance Knighton.

Oddly, Von Miller was the last player on the field today and even exited practice for about 15 minutes or so during the session. Von took snaps with the first team today but it was Derek Wolfe and Robert Ayers who opened up camp as the starting defensive ends.

WHO SHINED

Ronnie Hillman: It's always tough to see how the running backs look before the pads come on, but with Ronnie, all I have to do is remember the Ronnie that I saw last year at this time to know that he has improved dramatically. In fact, Montee Ball looks a lot like Hillman did last year. There is a decisiveness, a vision, and a confidence that is displayed by veteran runners and Ronnie is displayed all of those things today. We will see how he really looks when the pads come on.

Brock Osweiler: Another stand out from last years draft. I have never seen this version of Brock before. Surprisingly, there are many media members who aren't very high on Brock because most of them bashed the Broncos for drafting him. In other words, if he ends up being great, then they look like fools, so they are ignoring him.

Whether or not they will report his awesomeness is anybody's guess, but I will break it down easily for you. The guy looks very very good. I noticed the difference immediately in mini-camp and he has carried it over into training camp.

He completed a number of passes on Thursday. On the run, in the shotgun, in the pocket, you name it. Almost all were perfectly thrown and had great velocity. One of Thursdays big highlights was his pass to Tavarris King, who beat double coverage and hauled in the perfectly thrown spiral for a 40+ yard touchdown.

NOT SO SHINY

Rookie QB Zac Dysert was about as bad as you can be on Thursday. It's his first NFL practice ever and he is a developmental guy, so it doesn't mean much, but that doesn't change the fact that it was bad. Between the tipped pass at the line, an intercepted pass, a ground ball during passing drills, and an over throw, the kid had a rough day.

QUOTES

John Fox: "Ronnie Hillman has developed a pro body. He has done nothing but strengthen my thoughts that he is capable and he looked very good today, as well as this entire off season."

Robert Ayers: "You guys always say that. You guys always say somebody else is going to play third downs. From what I see, I am playing all of them."

Demaryius Thomas: "I really don't care who I share receptions with as long as we get the 'W' and we got Peyton back there throwing the ball. He spread it around well before, with the Colts, so I think we'll be fine."

Quentin Jammer: "I am a little tired. I'm not used to this altitude yet, but I am going to continue to work at it. Otherwise, I felt good though.

CONCLUSION

It's the first day. A lot will change in the next few weeks. Manning was a little rusty but he seemed excited, rejuvenated and happy after practice. I also talked to Terrance Knighton, Ronnie Hillman, Montee Ball, Chris Harris, and others and they all seemed very happy and in overly good moods. The team seems focused and ready for whatever you bring to them. Overall, I think the first day was a step in the right direction.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #142
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

I love Gutless Drunk so much.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #143
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

"Manning usually shies away from questions about his health, but now a full year removed from daily missives about the state of his neck and right arm, Manning seemed comfortable in admitting he feels stronger. The successes in the weight room, though, have done less for his confidence than just spending time with Welker, Decker and Thomas.

"When you have your timing better down with your teammates, that's certainly when, in my past, it has allowed for more precise throws, more confident throws," Manning said.

"I'm all in on 2013," Manning said.

For Manning, Miller and the rest of the Broncos, the two-hour long practice was a welcome return to football after what has otherwise been a dreadful summer, with the news of Miller's suspension and the arrest of two front office executives in separate drunken driving incidents since mid-June.

They are hardly the type of issues Manning would like to address now, as his team embarks on a season with Super Bowl expectations.

"Am I disappointed?" Manning said, repeating the question he was asked near the end of his 9-minute news conference. "Well, I'm sure you would like to not have those problems. Most players would tell you that. But that's football, and we know how to handle it."

"We have Von Miller's back. We have everyone in this organization's back,"
Manning said.

Read more at http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...medium=twitter
Old 07-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #144
DomCasual
The Dude abides.

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Fax Machine

Quote:
http://www.brandonspano.com/

POTENTIAL LINE-UP CHANGES

Oddly, Von Miller was the last player on the field today and even exited practice for about 15 minutes or so during the session. Von took snaps with the first team today but it was Derek Wolfe and Robert Ayers who opened up camp as the starting defensive ends.
What a strange comment. Isn't this a little like saying, "Peyton Manning took snaps with the first team today, but it was Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas that opened up camp as the starting Wide Receivers?"

What does one have to do with the other?
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #145
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Viva La Julius!
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:16 PM   #146
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
"We have Von Miller's back. We have everyone in this organization's back,"
Manning said.

Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:16 PM   #147
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Manti Teo

Cecil Lammey ‏@cecillammey

#Broncos have 3 stud WRs, 2 committees on offense (RBBC, TEBC), and 1 kick ass QB

Tight End By Committee? That's a new one on me.
brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:17 PM   #148
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

PLAYMAKERS
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie had a nice day -- during one-on-ones between wide receivers and cornerbacks, he held Eric Decker without a catch, including a pair of last-second breakups. But Tony Carter's morning might have been even better -- he played tight coverage on Demaryius Thomas in one-on-one drills and then grabbed a pick six off a Brock Osweiler pass during seven-on-sevens.

The leader in takeaways for Thursday's morning practice? College free agent linebacker Uona Kaveinga. The BYU product grabbed two interceptions in the session.

Rahim Moore also snared an interception; his came during one-on-one drills when he stepped in front of a pass intended for Jacob Tamme and returned it for a touchdown.

The loudest cheer of the day -- other than the one when the team started practice to kick off training camp -- came during one-on-one drills. Peyton Manning lofted a pass down the sideline to his newest weapon, wide receiver Wes Welker, who made the over-the-shoulder catch with one hand before securing it for a touchdown past cornerback Chris Harris. The two Oklahoma natives smiled and had a little back and forth chat as they ran back to the huddle.

Another notable deep touchdown connection came from Brock Osweiler to 2013 fifth-round pick Tavarres King,

It's not often a play draws much of a reaction from the crowd during individual drills, but when wide receiver Gerell Robinson made a leaping, one-handed grab on the sideline and got both feet inbounds, the fans voiced their excitement.
During team drills, Von Miller got his hands in the air and batted away a Manning pass at the line of scrimmage.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...1-f6b708d9e415

Quanterus Smith, who tore his knee up in November, was a full participant.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...d-abraham-lard
Old 07-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #149
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #150
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
What a strange comment. Isn't this a little like saying, "Peyton Manning took snaps with the first team today, but it was Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas that opened up camp as the starting Wide Receivers?"

What does one have to do with the other?
That or it means Spano has no clue what he is talking about and thinks Von lines up at DE.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote