The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Training Camp Tweets

"I'm still Champ. I can play this game. I still believe in myself" - on talk of him losing a step.

Champ Bailey: "one thing I know about Von, he's not gonna jeopardize anything. He's 100-percent football"

Welker later admitted he knows very little about Picasso or Michaelangelo, let alone fine art.

Welker on difference between PFM and Brady: "they're both spectacular. It's like comparing Picasso and Michaelangelo"

https://twitter.com/viclombardi

Clady said a lot of linemen were "looking at me sideways ... as they should" after turning down the Broncos' 2012 contract offer.

Clady there was "not really" a point where he regretted turning down the Broncos' 2012 contract offer. "Maybe late in the season."

Clady on looking forward to playing healthy: "It's gonna be awesome."

Clady: "I'm not sure yet" when his first practice will be. Depends on the progress of his shoulder.

Clady: "I think I need some camp," just to adjust to changes in terminology and in the playbook. #Broncos

Clady: "I think it's going to be a little bit of time" before he practices in training camp. "Not sure how much."

Clady: "It's good just to know that I'm going to be a Bronco long-term."

Ryan Clady: "I'm not 100 percent, but it's getting there."

Bailey cites friends/family for his ability to stay out of offseason trouble in his career. "You've got to be kind of lucky, too."

Bailey, on having Del Rio back for 2013: "I've never had OTAs go so smoothly." First time he's had same DC for consec. years since '05-'06.

Bailey, on whether it's easier to read Manning in practice in their second year together: "No."

Bailey: "I don't think anybody loves the grind, but we love to compete and be out here."

Bailey: "I know Von. I know he wouldn't do anything to jeopardize anything." #Broncos

Welker, on being in Colorado: "I'm loving it."

https://twitter.com/MaseDenver

Ryan clady says he feels healthy - but it still may take a little time to be fully involved. pic.twitter.com/R4RXSTsqXT

Champ also says that we just might not know about other troubles. He was joking - I think....

Champ says he has stayed out of trouble cause he's from a small town use to people looking at him.

Champ says they were disappointed with the way things ended. "I'm still champ. I still believe in myself"

Champ says he knows Von and how into football he is. Says he will stand behind his guy

Wes compares manning and Brady to Picasso and Michelangelo - however he didn't know who painted what

Welker - mellow - on the troubles. "I think we just move on"

https://twitter.com/dmac1043

Von Miller was asked by @dmac1043 if he smokes marihuana. "Absolutely not," miller said.

Von Miller keeps saying he won't talk about it because of the appeal process and confidentiality. Said he will be candid with media later.

Von Miller says he is appealing a suspension. Repeatedly declines to give any specifics about why he…

Most surprising part of John Fox's presser, no "next man up." Clearly saving that for once a suspension is official.

broncos expect to "take it slow" with Ryan Clady when practice starts, Fox said. Clady recovering from shoulder surgery.

Fox said Von Miller is here, will take all his first team reps when practice starts.

https://twitter.com/bylindsayhjones
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Cool. You know one thing that hasn't got much attention during the offseason by us posters at the mane is the fact that this indeed will be 2 years in a row with the same DC. I think it's going to benefit this defense tremendously. Not having to adjust to a new DC, a new defensive system, it's going to really help guys be on the same page. Instead of learning a ton of new stuff in camp, they can focus on fine tuning and not overhauling.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #3
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Cool. You know one thing that hasn't got much attention during the offseason by us posters at the mane is the fact that this indeed will be 2 years in a row with the same DC. I think it's going to benefit this defense tremendously. Not having to adjust to a new DC, a new defensive system, it's going to really help guys be on the same page. Instead of learning a ton of new stuff in camp, they can focus on fine tuning and not overhauling.
re-signing Del Rio has been my #1 all offseason. Id like to extend him now. I do not want to wait for us to have another solid D and then he bolts to be a HC again. Id say we pay him the salary of a HC to him. I dont care. We are under the cap and we have seen the difference our Defense has when it has a good DC (nolan and del rio) and when it has a no name- every one else.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #4
Ziggy
Pro Bowler

Noob

Sylvester Williams needs to get that contract signed and get into camp.
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #5
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
re-signing Del Rio has been my #1 all offseason. Id like to extend him now. I do not want to wait for us to have another solid D and then he bolts to be a HC again. Id say we pay him the salary of a HC to him. I dont care. We are under the cap and we have seen the difference our Defense has when it has a good DC (nolan and del rio) and when it has a no name- every one else.
I don't think coaches salaries are included in the cap so that's not an issue. I'm sure the FO will increase his pay but I highly doubt they will pay him like a HC. Remember, DRC had way too many dreadful seasons in Jacksonville, even with high picks every year, to be a front runner for many HC jobs. Just because you are a stellar coordinator doesn't mean you're automatically a great HC. And with the league seemingly more and more becoming an offensive league, I think you'll see top notch OC's become HC's faster then DC's. But I agree with you, I love what DRC is doing here and I seriously hope he's around for several more years.

But honestly, I'm super confident that Elway is making good judgement calls in regards to hiring coaches and coordinators. If DRC did leave next year, I'm confident Elway would find another solid guy for the job.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #6
DENVERDUI55

The next man up doesn't take into account the caliber of player will allow the team to put up with more baggage. A good example was when Jimmy Johnson cut a scrub for falling asleep in a team meeting. When he was asked what he would of dine with Aikman he said I would of woke him up and that was it
Old 07-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #7
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Agreed. If he has any chance to start, he'll need to get plenty of camp time in. He's not gonna miss all of or most of camp and then come in and replace Vick or TK as a starter.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #8
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

I'm so jacked up about football season about to start! I can't watch anymore baseball and golf.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #9
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
The next man up doesn't take into account the caliber of player will allow the team to put up with more baggage. A good example was when Jimmy Johnson cut a scrub for falling asleep in a team meeting. When he was asked what he would of dine with Aikman he said I would of woke him up and that was it
Your example is a bit extreme. There have been really good players that teams could not find a way to make it work out. Sure a nobody srub can be cut for falling asleep but the good players, a team will work out a trade. I doubt that will happen with Miller though. He's WAY WAY WAY too good and he's a good person. I'm sure the team will work through whatever it is with him to get past this. If he was some Dbag locker room nightmare, like TO was, that's a different story.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #10
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Your example is a bit extreme. There have been really good players that teams could not find a way to make it work out. Sure a nobody srub can be cut for falling asleep but the good players, a team will work out a trade. I doubt that will happen with Miller though. He's WAY WAY WAY too good and he's a good person. I'm sure the team will work through whatever it is with him to get past this. If he was some Dbag locker room nightmare, like TO was, that's a different story.
It's not extreme Denver is keeping him as the starter til it's for sure he is suspended. DJ Williams an average player that is borderline scrub was #2 as soon as news was out that he would be suspended. Different rules for different classes of players.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #11
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
It's not extreme Denver is keeping him as the starter til it's for sure he is suspended. DJ Williams an average player that is borderline scrub was #2 as soon as news was out that he would be suspended. Different rules for different classes of players.
Not arguing that the rules are different for players with more skill. All l'm saying is there's even another set of rules that apply, for the very good player, but one with a horrible attitude and whom is a locker room cancer. Miller is not so I'm saying the team will definitely work through this with him, rather then look to trade him, as so many teams did with a player like TO.

I was saying your example was extreme in the fact that a nobody scrub got cut but somebody like Aikman would never get just flat out cut, they would work a trade out if they couldn't make it work with that player.

I think we're saying the same thing here, just in different ways.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #12
Powderaddict

Quote:
DJ Williams was a "borderline scrub"
Old 07-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #13
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
You DOUBT? Jeebus.....why are people even HINTING at the POSSIBILITY of Von being cut or traded??

IT'S......NOT.....GOING.....TO......HAPPEN.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:49 PM   #14
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Until Von is suspended, he'll get as many starter's reps as possible in camp......and his suspension won't start until his appeal is denied

Last season it was a foregone conclusion that DJ would miss half the season which forced the Broncos to give Woodyard the lion's share of reps in TC......Miller would only miss 1 to 4 games depending on the outcome of his appeal.

Hopefully we'll be able to overcome his suspension and win every game he's gone.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #15
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

at the thought of releasing Miller
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #16
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
You DOUBT? Jeebus.....why are people even HINTING at the POSSIBILITY of Von being cut or traded??

IT'S......NOT.....GOING.....TO......HAPPEN.
Well if you want to be technical, anything can happen and stranger things have happened. But nobody is suggesting anything of the like.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #17
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Until Von is suspended, he'll get as many starter's reps as possible in camp......and his suspension won't start until his appeal is denied

Last season it was a foregone conclusion that DJ would miss half the season which forced the Broncos to give Woodyard the lion's share of reps in TC......Miller would only miss 1 to 4 games depending on the outcome of his appeal.

Hopefully we'll be able to overcome his suspension and win every game he's gone.
Substance abuse suspensions are cut-and-dry. It's not like behavior or penalty suspensions where you can plea it down. Each offense = a set amount of time suspended based on the CBA. The only way they win an appeal is if something went wrong when the samples were collected, tested and/or delivered.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #18
CEH
Ring of Famer

Kuper on PUP for atleast a month to begin TC - Kils
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #19
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Kuper on PUP for atleast a month to begin TC - Kils
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #20
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Kaylore is sad.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:03 PM   #21
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It's like the professor of the Dark Arts in Harry Potter.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #22
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Instead of writing up a camp report tomorrow, I'm going to try something different and tweet during camp.

Never done tweeter before but I set up an account under "ThefakeUR29" or @ThefakeUR29

I don't know what the difference is. So now you guys know and can post them for everyone etc.

If this idea turns out to suck ass then I will scrap it but we will give it a shot.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #23
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
yep, if he's not the starter by week 6 i'll be slightly disappointed.
he's uber talented and while we do have more experienced guys ahead of him i think he can make a tremendous impact.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #24
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
yep, if he's not the starter by week 6 i'll be slightly disappointed.
he's uber talented and while we do have more experienced guys ahead of him i think he can make a tremendous impact.
He might take Big Vicks spot, but if he doesn't I think He, Knighton, and Vick are going to rotate heavily anyways.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #25
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
Instead of writing up a camp report tomorrow, I'm going to try something different and tweet during camp.

Never done tweeter before but I set up an account under "ThefakeUR29" or @ThefakeUR29

I don't know what the difference is. So now you guys know and can post them for everyone etc.

If this idea turns out to suck ass then I will scrap it but we will give it a shot.
If it is anything like last year, you may get away with it for a while but they look for that stuff and put the kibosh on that quickly.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote