The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #726
ncjmirabile
Spiderman 3's Gwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Baltimores Defense is massively upgraded in the front seven.

Ngata takes over at NT for the pathetic Cody, Haloti will be a force there. Canty will play DE which is a good fit for him in that hybrid scheme, he had success in NY stopping the run and generating pass rush as a DT, which essentially will be his role again.

We all know Doom upgrades Kruger. Daryl Smith was a big time signing for the Ravens at ILB, I really wish we had pursued him, bacon bacon knows what I'm talking about. Webb coming back from injury is Bigggg.

That defense was living off of reputation with Lewis and Reed, their play was diminishing. But you always had to account for both players which is significant. But this years D will be younger and faster, where we can take advantage is their short comings in football IQ as there is no longer their General on the field to put players in the position to be successful.
I wonder about that middle of the defense particularly if Elam starts next to Huff at safety and if they start a rookie at one of the other ILB position. It seems like they would be particularly susceptible to the seam routes.
ncjmirabile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #727
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
I hope you're right. But week 1 makes me nervous. We had no pass rush in the playoff game WITH Von and Doom. Now we've got neither for this game.

Flacco can sit back and throw deep once again. Champ isn't getting any faster.
Anything can happen in one game, but you're kind of being a nervous fan here. Baltimore lost EIGHT FRIGGIN STARTERS since last season, and for reasons never quite explained, they got rid of Anquan Boldin who was the key to their entire playoff offense. And from what I gather, they didn't ADD anyone that brings a different dimension to their team like we did.

So, sure, its possible Baltimore might win, it's possible Denver might blow them out, it's possible we might lose to the Raiders twice. Football seasons are small sample sizes. But if you look at what both teams lost and gained in the offseason, I'm not sure how you think Baltimore is somehow in better shape than we are.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:40 AM   #728
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Anything can happen in one game, but you're kind of being a nervous fan here. Baltimore lost EIGHT FRIGGIN STARTERS since last season, and for reasons never quite explained, they got rid of Anquan Boldin who was the key to their entire playoff offense. And from what I gather, they didn't ADD anyone that brings a different dimension to their team like we did.

So, sure, its possible Baltimore might win, it's possible Denver might blow them out, it's possible we might lose to the Raiders twice. Football seasons are small sample sizes. But if you look at what both teams lost and gained in the offseason, I'm not sure how you think Baltimore is somehow in better shape than we are.
I'm always a nervous fan.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #729
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
How quickly people forget week 15 last season....and that it took a miracle in the Playoffs.
I was at the game, it wasn't the same team in the playoffs nor the same team as last year.

They are better on D but weaker on offense, Boldin and Leach were huge losses. But I'm not sure why your writing them off, hope we aren't..
Old 07-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #730
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
I was at the game, it wasn't the same team in the playoffs nor the same team as last year.

They are better on D but weaker on offense, Boldin and Leach were huge losses. But I'm not sure why your writing them off, hope we aren't..
I don't think they are that good of a team. They were lucky to even be in the playoffs last year. They picked up a 4th and 29 on a checkdown for christ sakes that should of kept them out of the playoffs if SD actually knew how to cover and tackle.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #731
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Baltimores Defense is massively upgraded in the front seven.

Ngata takes over at NT for the pathetic Cody, Haloti will be a force there. Canty will play DE which is a good fit for him in that hybrid scheme, he had success in NY stopping the run and generating pass rush as a DT, which essentially will be his role again.

We all know Doom upgrades Kruger. Daryl Smith was a big time signing for the Ravens at ILB, I really wish we had pursued him, bacon bacon knows what I'm talking about. Webb coming back from injury is Bigggg.

That defense was living off of reputation with Lewis and Reed, their play was diminishing. But you always had to account for both players which is significant. But this years D will be younger and faster, where we can take advantage is their short comings in football IQ as there is no longer their General on the field to put players in the position to be successful.
I agree with most of this, but they are weaker at coverage from the LB's and the secondary isn't that impressive to me. I love Daryl Smith, still he is new to a 3-4. It doesn't sound like McClain will get cleared soon so the middle of that D will be manned by new players and with our offense going no huddle we might be able to catch them out of position for big plays.

Also I think their corners are not every good. Webb is coming off a knee injury and I really think Jimmy Smith blows. He will be expect to play more now that Williams is gone.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #732
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

Too many pages to see if this had been posted. Forgive me if it has:

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis

Von asked if marijuana a part of his life - "absolutely not"

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis

Von- "I'm focused. I love playing football"
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #733
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

Sure, a lot of athletes are denying drug use these days, but call me naive. I think he's being honest.

I still think the suspension gets reduced if not lifted entirely.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #734
DENVERDUI55

Quote:

Flacco spent the last few months hearing how great he is, franchise QB, top 3 in the game blah blah. Flacco will go flaccid and revert back to Mark Sanchez before our very eyes soon.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #735
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:

I agree

The way we disappeared in playoffs I would hope we put forth better effort.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #736
JPPT1974
Thanksgiving 2014!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning!

A huge blow to the Broncos the first four games on defense. To say the least!
JPPT1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #737
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Winning SB without him will be sweet..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #738
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post

Question here being what team are you referring to?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:20 PM   #739
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
I want to party with you, cowboy.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #740
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncjmirabile View Post
I wonder about that middle of the defense particularly if Elam starts next to Huff at safety and if they start a rookie at one of the other ILB position. It seems like they would be particularly susceptible to the seam routes.
There will be weaknesses to attack, particularly the middle of the field and off the OLBs.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #741
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I agree with most of this, but they are weaker at coverage from the LB's and the secondary isn't that impressive to me. I love Daryl Smith, still he is new to a 3-4. It doesn't sound like McClain will get cleared soon so the middle of that D will be manned by new players and with our offense going no huddle we might be able to catch them out of position for big plays.

Also I think their corners are not every good. Webb is coming off a knee injury and I really think Jimmy Smith blows. He will be expect to play more now that Williams is gone.
I said there would be weaknesses Bacon Bacon, Peyton will have to choose between Turkey Bacon (Attacking the outside) or Pork Bacon (Attacking the middle). Get it Bacon Bacon?
Old 07-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #742
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin View Post
Sure, a lot of athletes are denying drug use these days, but call me naive. I think he's being honest.

I still think the suspension gets reduced if not lifted entirely.
Thank you.

I don't know what Von did or did not do. No one really does. 3 years ago, I would have said he absolutely didn't do it. But, I feel like I've seen enough stuff since then that I am taking a much more guilty until proven innocent approach to all athletes and celebrities.

That being said, there just aren't any hard facts out yet, other than there is a suspension being appealed and its not PEDs. Speculation is rampant that its from an inhaler that had amphetamines to it being from something that happened in 2011.

So, I for one, will believe something did occur, but what, I am not sure. I will not say Von is out until this appeals process is finished and a final determination is made.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #743
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:

Because I can...I'm not on the field. I'm not even sure Baltimore makes the playoffs this season.

If you are a Bronco Player, please play well.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #744
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

In the end, I think the whole thing gets busted down to a couple of games. We beat Baltimore without him, lose the Manning Bowl in NY and he's back in time to take Matt Flynn's AFC West virginity 2 or 3 times.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #745
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Beat the Chefs! Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I want to party with you, cowboy.
The thing is that IGGY_GO_BRONCOS meant it will be sweet mocking the Broncos in game threads during their SB run this year and next year.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #746
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
In the end, I think the whole thing gets busted down to a couple of games. We beat Baltimore without him, lose the Manning Bowl in NY and he's back in time to take Matt Flynn's AFC West virginity 2 or 3 times.

No way Peyton loses to little brother even if he has to play defense himself.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #747
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Question here being what team are you referring to?

Broncos..GO BRONCOS..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #748
wyobronco
Gradishar for HOF

Maybe the fat man again?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Stokely

Silver lining that I haven't seen mentioned. Even if it's 4 games, you get Von back with a chip on his shoulder and he will have relatively fresh legs going into the playoffs. Success in a season is determined late, not in the first 4 games.
wyobronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:14 PM   #749
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Out of respect of the process, I can't touch the situation."

Currently at Dove Valley Broncos PR are drafting up a few different ways to phrase this!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:50 AM   #750
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin View Post
Too many pages to see if this had been posted. Forgive me if it has:

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis

Von asked if marijuana a part of his life - "absolutely not"

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis

Von- "I'm focused. I love playing football"
Hey, you could have asked almost the same question to any single guy:

...if fat chicks a part of your life-"Absolutely not"

1) Never admit to it and 2) There might have been a fat chick next to you in bed but doesn't mean you made a habit of it.

Maybe Von does Marijuana but doesn't think it is part of his life.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote