The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2014, 10:26 AM   #1801
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
Honestly, I'm just glad that they finally got the Purple Wedding storyline out of the way. There are a ton of storylines that have just been idling while waiting for this particular thread to conclude. A lot of dominoes should start falling in the coming weeks.
It is Storm of Swords. This is where Martin breaks everything. Feast of Crows is when he picks up the pieces.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:41 AM   #1802
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
"No Fate"

"Come with me if you want to live."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
It is Storm of Swords. This is where Martin breaks everything. Feast of Crows is when he picks up the pieces.
So are they in "Storm of Swords" or "Feast of Crows" right now?
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:46 AM   #1803
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

That was satisfying to see that little b**** go down. I would have done it a long time ago, but included his mother in the game.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:47 AM   #1804
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
good, then we won't have to waste any more time on his poor man's frodo baggins story arc
I gotta agree.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:20 AM   #1805
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Just in case anyone NOT reading the books didn't catch it, here's a hilariously accurate depiction of the poisoning:

http://imgur.com/gallery/0EQr6

Courtesy of Reddit
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:01 PM   #1806
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

X-FACTOR

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
So are they in "Storm of Swords" or "Feast of Crows" right now?
We're in Storm right now and will be through the rest of this season.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:09 PM   #1807
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

That episode just confirmed how terrible of an actress Lena Headey can be. Cersei was terrible there. In the book she rivaled Catelyn Stark. In this episode it seemed more like Tyrion ate the last donut which she wanted.

Also, I don't know what's going on with the Shae thing but I'm not liking it.

With all that said, Margaery Tyrell, Geoffrey, and Tyrion all were amazing at the wedding. Jack Gleeson was amazing in his role and had a huge part in advancing the series so I could see his death putting a damper on the ratings for a bit until Ramsey and Roose take the reigns as the people everyone loves to hate.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:57 PM   #1808
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Yup, loved how that piece of necklace was missing (just like in the book). Figured it was another thing for us readers to sit back and enjoy.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:48 PM   #1809
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
That episode just confirmed how terrible of an actress Lena Headey can be. Cersei was terrible there. In the book she rivaled Catelyn Stark. In this episode it seemed more like Tyrion ate the last donut which she wanted.
Lena Headey has been a disappointment to me as Cersei since the series began. She's not a rage and hate filled firestorm like she is in the books. Headey plays her like each loss is just a moderate disappointment that was completely expected and either it doesn't REALLY matter or she's going to pretend it didn't out of spite. She seems to whisper all her lines and is constantly hunched over like a cold old woman. I made this point earlier in the the thread and ever ripped on me saying she was perfect blah, blah, blah.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:54 PM   #1810
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

X-FACTOR

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

A co-worker of mine missed the show last night because her Mom got attacked by two pitbulls earlier that day. I called her to talk about the episode, and instead, we ended up talking about what had happened to her poor mother. I feel so terrible for her.

Then I realized that she would be wanting to watch the episode soon to take her mind off of all this... I had to send her a warning about the Ramsey Snow hunting scene... I can't even imagine how she'd take that scene right now...
Old 04-14-2014, 02:59 PM   #1811
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post

Also, I don't know what's going on with the Shae thing but I'm not liking it.

With all that said, Margaery Tyrell, Geoffrey, and Tyrion all were amazing at the wedding. Jack Gleeson was amazing in his role and had a huge part in advancing the series so I could see his death putting a damper on the ratings for a bit until Ramsey and Roose take the reigns as the people everyone loves to hate.
She's a B actress at best(aways has been)...even what she did last night was aweful

Last edited by Garcia Bronco; 04-14-2014 at 03:01 PM..
Old 04-14-2014, 03:14 PM   #1812
Bronc0guy
Hard hat & lunch pail guy

Repeat City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
Just in case anyone NOT reading the books didn't catch it, here's a hilariously accurate depiction of the poisoning:

http://imgur.com/gallery/0EQr6

Courtesy of Reddit
So the crystal was poisonous? I figured it was the queens mother who somehow poisoned him but having not read the books I wasn't sure. I'm glad Joffrey is dead, have NEVER hated a character on a show that much. Wish it had been slower, but I agree with Archer. That one or 2 minutes of choking on his own blood probably seemed like a lifetime to Joffrey. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:16 PM   #1813
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Or better yet his b**** mother....everything...and I mean everything wrong with that country's leadership is a direct result of his mother ****ing it up...with her brother....lol
Old 04-14-2014, 03:48 PM   #1814
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Lena Headey has been a disappointment to me as Cersei since the series began. She's not a rage and hate filled firestorm like she is in the books. Headey plays her like each loss is just a moderate disappointment that was completely expected and either it doesn't REALLY matter or she's going to pretend it didn't out of spite. She seems to whisper all her lines and is constantly hunched over like a cold old woman. I made this point earlier in the the thread and ever ripped on me saying she was perfect blah, blah, blah.

I think Headley plays the role well enough. Her anger and rage seems to me at least to be always JUST contained. Like it's taking all of her energy to not completely and utterly fly off the handle.

Her reaction to Joffrey choking out felt like the dam burst. I expect her to go full on crazy town. I do think that the actress who played Cat Stark did a better job of conveying the character. Headley's is not wrong, but not as forceful as it can be. At least to this point.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:53 PM   #1815
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Or better yet his b**** mother....everything...and I mean everything wrong with that country's leadership is a direct result of his mother ****ing it up...with her brother....lol

The Lannisters/Baratheons are what the Targaryens were. History is a cycle. Siblings popping off kids and the madness of inbred kings. King's Landing is as subtle about the corrupting influence of power as a nuclear bomb going off is considered a little warm.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:55 PM   #1816
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Is It Draft Day Yet?

Pretty big fan of Lena as Cersei. Opinions always vary person to person, but for me, she nails it. I'm pretty happy with all the castings. Bran and Peter are the two that didn't fit the images and personalities I've had in my head over the years, and they annoy me. Peter probably the worst, but everyone seems to love that actor. He just doesn't look right nor play the part right for me. Bran simply doesn't look like a Stark. He doesn't have that ruggedness. And it's even worse now that he's hit puberty and grown six feet.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:57 PM   #1817
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Pretty big fan of Lena as Cersei. Opinions always vary person to person, but for me, she nails it. I'm pretty happy with all the castings. Bran and Peter are the two that didn't fit the images and personalities I've had in my head over the years, and they annoy me. Peter probably the worst, but everyone seems to love that actor. He just doesn't look right nor play the part right for me. Bran simply doesn't look like a Stark. He doesn't have that ruggedness. And it's even worse now that he's hit puberty and grown six feet.
Bran is the man. Hooooooooooooodoooooooooooooooor.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:18 PM   #1818
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
She is just getting started ****ing up the country. She takes it to a new level in the books to come.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:10 PM   #1819
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
She is just getting started ****ing up the country. She takes it to a new level in the books to come.
I cannot wait til the walk of shame.
IndelibleScribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:45 PM   #1820
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Agreed. Of all the storylines going on, Bran's is the only one I really don't care about.
This is one of the biggest issues I have with the show. Bran is a top three POV character in the books for me, in the show they barely scratch the surface of who he is and the journey he is taking. I also don't really like the actor who plays Bran, and it's pretty obvious the kid dropped a sack and sprouted some pubes...which Bran doesn't...cause he's like eight.

I will also be extremely upset if Bran's TV storyline catches up to the book this season and the writers start telling the story for Martin from what he has told them. I'd honestly have to stop watching, no question.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:56 PM   #1821
extralife
Ring of Famer

I think the show has generally done a good job of taking a giant series of books full of elongated **** that shouldn't be there and trimming it down to a compelling, manageable core. No ****s are given about Bran and his rip-off journey, so the less the better. #hater

Lena Headey carries every scene she's in. She's the best actor in the show.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:00 PM   #1822
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
I think the show has generally done a good job of taking a giant series of books full of elongated **** that shouldn't be there and trimming it down to a compelling, manageable core. No ****s are given about Bran and his rip-off journey, so the less the better. #hater
Rip-off is an interesting term, seeing as the journey isn't finished yet. Regardless, I get the feeling that you lack the attention span required to read a book over two hundred pages.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:13 PM   #1823
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

X-FACTOR

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Man, I think every word of those books is critical to understanding what the hell is going on. Minus the food descriptions - well, except where the Frey Pie is concerned, you've got to read that part carefully to fully appreciate what it is that is being eaten. And even then, you don't really understand it without the context that is provided in what might seem as unecessarily "elongated" stuff, but actually critical plot clues.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:41 PM   #1824
thumpc
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Richard Quinn

Can you give us some excerpts from the Frey Pie experience?
thumpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:52 PM   #1825
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

X-FACTOR

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by myMind View Post
This is one of the biggest issues I have with the show. Bran is a top three POV character in the books for me, in the show they barely scratch the surface of who he is and the journey he is taking. I also don't really like the actor who plays Bran, and it's pretty obvious the kid dropped a sack and sprouted some pubes...which Bran doesn't...cause he's like eight.

I will also be extremely upset if Bran's TV storyline catches up to the book this season and the writers start telling the story for Martin from what he has told them. I'd honestly have to stop watching, no question.
What more could they show from Bran's storyline? They've hit all the major points. They'll spend some time this season on the journey there. I suppose they've got to introduce Coldhands... That's the part I'm most interested in seeing how they handle. And then the season will end with Bran reaching the tree. Then I'd expect season five to follow Bran's schooling by the children of the forest and Brynden Rivers.

Now here is my theory of what happens with Bran's storyline after Season 5... I'm trying to figure out how they might work this exactly, but we all know that at the rate the show is going, HBO is going to catch up with the books. But there's a lot of story to tell without running over GRRM, and the way to stitch this together is through Bran's experience with Blood Raven and greenseeing.

I expect the last thing we see of Bran in season 5 will be the vision where he sees Ned bring back Jon Snow. But there is more - Bran continues to see further and further back into the past. So why not extrapolate that over an entire season to show the roots of Robert's Rebellion? Of course, that's a huge risk and it might take at least two seasons to do. The more I think about it, the more logistically difficult it sounds. But I still like the idea. Nothing like it has ever happened in television history - they'd have to replace the entire cast for a season or two, and then get them all back.

Forget it... as awesome as it sounds to me, it's probably not possible.