The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #51
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
According to many here and in the media, we really don't need one.
Incidentally, going from Mays to nobody has proven to be a seamless transition.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #52
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Thanks for everything Joe. Come back to NDSU.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:07 PM   #53
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #54
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
"In a surprise move, the Broncos have parted ways with Joe Mays.

Mays, who was a starter when healthy for most of the last two years and expected to start at middle linebacker this year, was instead released at the start of training camp"

at PFT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...cker-joe-mays/
WTF?
Old 07-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #55
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
WTF?
Par for the PFT course
Old 07-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #56
The.Underdog

Peace out Joe Mays me, had the same career path as Nate Webster
Old 07-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #57
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Woohoo it's about friggin time
oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #58
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

this below says it all...

Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #59
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Don't forget wish he knew where he should have been in formation.

Nice guy? Probably but it was time for him to go. He stunk.
If healthy I think he will end up in Detroit. He is still a very good special teamer. I'm sure he'll get a minimum deal somewhere.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #60
pricejj
jungle

Thanks for being a good guy Joe Mays. Hope you love your next job.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #61
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
He wants to know what day is trash day.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:42 PM   #62
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #63
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Joe Mays will be playing SP teams for some team. He is a better SP teams player then Niko Koutouvides and younger.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:51 PM   #64
pricejj
jungle

Koutevides plays for the Pats I think. Wouldn't be surprised if they pull the old switcharoo.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #65
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Koutevides plays for the Pats I think. Wouldn't be surprised if they pull the old switcharoo.
That only happens with long snappers.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #66
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:47 AM   #67
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #68
Ugly Duck
Proof: SD fans DO exist!

RF

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Wonder if they resign Mays after he clears wavers
Here's a rumor for ya.... Dennis Allen just freed up MLB space by releasing perrenial nobody Travis (who?) Goethel.... to sign Joe Mays who wants revenge against Denver for benching him & then tearing up his shiny new contract. Oakland's middle linebacking corps is so weak that "thin" is way too positive of a word to describe it. Mays would actually be an improvement.

Dennis & Joe like each other, Mays wants revenge on Denver, Mays would improve the Raiders, Allen just released the league's worst MLB to make room for Mays. Thats the rumor.
Ugly Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #69
Powderaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Duck View Post
Here's a rumor for ya.... Dennis Allen just freed up MLB space by releasing perrenial nobody Travis (who?) Goethel.... to sign Joe Mays who wants revenge against Denver for benching him & then tearing up his shiny new contract. Oakland's middle linebacking corps is so weak that "thin" is way too positive of a word to describe it. Mays would actually be an improvement.

Dennis & Joe like each other, Mays wants revenge on Denver, Mays would improve the Raiders, Allen just released the league's worst MLB to make room for Mays. Thats the rumor.
Least scary rumor ever
Old 07-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #70
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

I hope so. Just opens up the field even more for Manning.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #71
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #72
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

GO Bison Kick OU

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

How come it doesn't supprise me that this large group of Dbags takes the cheapshots at mays on his way out the door. And the same group will be complaining when Irving who isn't a true MLB gaff's his way through the season. There is some young talent on this team that needs leadership, and Joe was that, he just came a little bit of a tall price tag to not be the 100% on the field guy. He wasn't the same after the suspension, and then the whole blame for the NE game fell on his shoulders, which was BS. Joe was a solid MLB and was brought to Denver to be a run stopper not to be the full time starting MLB, and assisted in getting Arrington out the door.

Honestly our D seemed pretty solid before yesterday and now I am going to watch the situation at LB through training camp and preseason. I hope the young guys prove me wrong but Johnson, Trevathan, and Irving don't appear ready to hold the fort down by themselves, and I hope I don't have to watch the limp noodle Brookings play MLB again.

Saving 3.5 Mil in cap space is huge to bring in someone to fill in for Von if he is suspended. And this is all about money in the end.
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:33 PM   #73
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
How come it doesn't supprise me that this large group of Dbags takes the cheapshots at mays on his way out the door. And the same group will be complaining when Irving who isn't a true MLB gaff's his way through the season. There is some young talent on this team that needs leadership, and Joe was that, he just came a little bit of a tall price tag to not be the 100% on the field guy. He wasn't the same after the suspension, and then the whole blame for the NE game fell on his shoulders, which was BS. Joe was a solid MLB and was brought to Denver to be a run stopper not to be the full time starting MLB, and assisted in getting Arrington out the door.

Honestly our D seemed pretty solid before yesterday and now I am going to watch the situation at LB through training camp and preseason. I hope the young guys prove me wrong but Johnson, Trevathan, and Irving don't appear ready to hold the fort down by themselves, and I hope I don't have to watch the limp noodle Brookings play MLB again.

Saving 3.5 Mil in cap space is huge to bring in someone to fill in for Von if he is suspended. And this is all about money in the end.
wrong

I like Mays but he was handed the job and he still lost it. The Broncos gave him $4m to sit on the bench. It is what it is.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #74
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post

Champ Bailey and PM are leadership, Mays was an overpaid bust who should not have been traded for in the 1st place. Dude has 2 big hits in his career and some people think he is a stud who is going to turn into Urlicker.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #75
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:

BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote