The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Default Hezbollah gets terrorist label for fighting Al Qaeda ??

Just goes to show -- power does what it pleases. Did anyone in brain dead America even notice the contradiction? The fact that Kerry approves says it all. MHG

Hezbollah gets “terrorist” label for fighting al-Qaeda

http://presstv.com/detail/2013/07/23...hting-alqaeda/

Why?

Because Hezbollah has gone to war with al-Qaeda.

But wait a minute - wasn't al-Qaeda supposed to be the worst terrorist group in the world? Isn't the West leading a “global war on terror” whose main target is al-Qaeda? Shouldn't the West be thanking Hezbollah, and showering it with rewards, for turning against global terrorist enemy number one?

Apparently not.

Al-Qaeda is now the West's darling in Syria. So anybody who resists al-Qaeda - as Hezbollah recently decided to do - is a “terrorist.”

The irony doesn't get any thicker than that.

US Secretary of State John Kerry hailed the EU's move. Kerry argued that Hezbollah is indeed a terrorist organization because it “has deepened its support” for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. What Kerry didn't say is that Assad is fighting an insurgency led by al-Qaeda.

Translation: John Kerry supports al-Qaeda. He even says that anyone who opposes al-Qaeda is a terrorist.

This comes after Republican leader John McCain sneaked across the Syrian border to join al-Qaeda a little over a month ago.

In today's USA, al-Qaeda apparently enjoys bipartisan support.

As an American Muslim, I am confused about what my government wants me to believe and say.

I have always opposed al-Qaeda. Does that mean I am a terrorist? Will Homeland Security agents arrest me and send me to Guantanamo because I don't like al-Qaeda? Will Guantanamo's cells soon be filling up with anti-al-Qaeda Muslims like me? Will they experiment on us with torture and brainwashing techniques designed to “reform” us by turning us into al-Qaeda supporters?

I supposed I had better say something nice about al-Qaeda quickly, before DHS agents show up on my doorstep.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
W*GS
Ring of Famer

You're just a Hezbollah stooge and lover of Assad.

You're about as bad as those dorks who fawned all over Stalin, and later, the Khmer Rouge.

You really hate just about everyone.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #3
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Point out reality -- and expect to be attacked by knee jerks who are incapable of facing the issues.

This problem (denial) runs deep in our country. It is part of the Orwellian world we live in -- where war is peace, falsehood is truth, and night is day.

The majority of Americans believe in a false reality that has been drummed into their heads by the corporate owned media.

Presstitution has become the norm.

MHG
Old 07-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #4
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

The revolt is not "led" by Al Queda. Rent a clue.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #5
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
There isn't enough money in the world to rent gaffe a clue, much less buy one.

Death, taxes, and gaffe being wrong are about the only certitudes.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #6
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
As Will said, "what's in a name?"

Fanatic jihadists of whatever stripe? What's the difference?

Hezbollah, Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood differ from Al Qaeda in a very important respect. They sponsor social programs and have political agendas. By contrast, Al Qaeda does neither.

Why can't you bring yourself to ask the question: Why is the US supporting the very same terrorists we went to war in Afghanistan to defeat?

The answer is because our leaders are sociopaths -- and are the world's leading sponsors of terrorism.

MHG
Old 07-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #7
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/25/wo...anted=all&_r=0

The presence of jihadists in Syria has accelerated in recent days in part because of a convergence with the sectarian tensions across the country’s long border in Iraq. Al Qaeda, through an audio statement, has just made an undisguised bid to link its insurgency in Iraq with the revolution in Syria, depicting both as sectarian conflicts — Sunnis versus Shiites.

Iraqi officials said the extremists operating in Syria are in many cases the very same militants striking across their country. “We are 100 percent sure from security coordination with Syrian authorities that the wanted names that we have are the same wanted names that the Syrian authorities have, especially within the last three months,” Izzat al-Shahbandar — a close aide to the Iraqi prime minister, Nuri Kamal al-Maliki — said in an interview on Tuesday. “Al Qaeda that is operating in Iraq is the same as that which is operating in Syria,” he said.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #8
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

From the same article:

“Our big hope is to form a Syrian-Iraqi Islamic state for all Muslims, and then announce our war against Iran and Israel, and free Palestine.”

Pretty clear why Hezbollah is fighting against them.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #9
W*GS
Ring of Famer

I'm surprised gaffe doesn't desperately want al-Qaeda to hit us again.

Oh but wait - OBL was just a patsy for the "banksters" (aka Jews) who carried out 9/11.

Never mind.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #10
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

Jeez. All whatya is Sunni. Hizbolla is Shia. Duh.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:30 AM   #11
B-Large

this is really just good news. I heard we have a glut of highly destructive Drone ordinance that is about the expire. In the Government's defense, it is hard to find enough brown people to drop this stuff on.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:22 PM   #12
nyuk nyuk

Press TV is out of Shia Iran. Shia Hizbollah is heavily supported by Iran. Why are we quoting these peoples' news stories as if they're legitimate, unbiased journalism? Shia and Sunni have clawed each others' eyes out for 1400 years.

Perhaps next you can quote a network out of Pyongyang?
Old 07-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #13
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
this is really just good news. I heard we have a glut of highly destructive Drone ordinance that is about the expire. In the Government's defense, it is hard to find enough brown people to drop this stuff on.
They're lighter than Obama, so it's cool.