The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #1
MaloCS
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 344

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default The 12th Man

Are you tired of wasting money on jerseys for players that either get into trouble or leave the team? I know I am.

This is why I'm going to quit buying specific players' jerseys and start representing the number 12 in honor of the fabled "12th Man". You know who the "12th Man" is right? He's the die hard fan that bleeds orange and blue.

In light of the NFL's recent off field problems they should throw the fan a bone and retire the number 12 from every organization in honor of the fan. This way the fan can buy a jersey and have that jersey remain relevant for years to come. I just wasted $100 on a Von Miller jersey for my mom who is heartbroken due to the recent developments. I honestly don't think she's ever going to wear the brand new jersey I gave her for Mother's Day. What a waste!!!!!

I will start with an orange, customized number 12 jersey that reads "12th Man" on the back. Join me in making this statement not only to the Broncos but the NFL. I'll be looking for other "12th Man" jerseys at the stadium this year.

Go Broncos!!!!!!!!

Last edited by MaloCS; 07-23-2013 at 10:50 AM..
MaloCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
BroncosfanGuy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

careful Texas A&M doesn't file a suit against you for that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Just go with a retired legend like Elway, Davis, Rod, Sharpe, etc
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Hasn't seattle fans already done this before and still do it?

Never been a fan of taking another fanbase's ideas. Kinda like calling it bronco nation. Nation was coined for all the raiders fans up and down highway 101 when they were in LA. It should be country
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
BroncoFiend
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoFiend's Avatar
 
The enemy's gate is down

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
Just go with a retired legend like Elway, Davis, Rod, Sharpe, etc
It's too bad that you can't get one of the new jerseys for one of those legends.
BroncoFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #6
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,298

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloCS View Post
Are you tired of wasting money on jerseys for players that either get into trouble or leave the team? I know I am.

This is why I'm going to quit buying specific players' jerseys and start representing the number 12 in honor of the fabled "12th Man". You know who the "12th Man" is right? He's the die hard fan that bleeds orange and blue.

In light of the NFL's recent off field problems they should throw the fan a bone and retire the number 12 from every organization in honor of the fan. This way the fan can buy a jersey and have that jersey remain relevant for years to come. I just wasted $100 on a Von Miller jersey for my mom who is heartbroken due to the recent developments. I honestly don't think she's ever going to wear the brand new jersey I gave her for Mother's Day. What a waste!!!!!

I will start with an orange, customized number 12 jersey that reads "12th Man" on the back. Join me in making this statement not only to the Broncos but the NFL. I'll be looking for other "12th Man" jerseys at the stadium this year.

Go Broncos!!!!!!!!

That is a very good idea...
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #7
DenverBound
Thanks for the memories
 
DenverBound's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat!

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,022
Default

I kinda feel like posting Rev's cock garbling op picture here...
DenverBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #8
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Kinda like calling it bronco nation. Nation was coined for all the raiders fans up and down highway 101 when they were in LA. It should be country
This x100000000000000

I wanna strangle someone every time I see broncos and nation in the same sentence


Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFiend View Post
It's too bad that you can't get one of the new jerseys for one of those legends.
Good point, maybe a custom one? Might as well just go with your own name at that point
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #9
MaloCS
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 344

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

My point is the NFL should throw the FAN a bone a give use a bonafide option to represent our team with jerseys that won't go out of style in one season. It doesn't matter to me if it's a "12th Man" jersey or a jersey with a giant "F" on it. I just want a way to display my die hard fanaticism for the team I love.

I'm tired of representing players that don't care about the team the same way I do. I'm tired of wasting money on players that won't be here next year. I'm tired of wearing someone else's name on my back. I want a way to rep my favorite team with a jersey that is relevant for years to come. Right now, that's going the be with the number 12 so Seattle or Texas or whoever else can go eat a big fat #$#@.
MaloCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #10
LonghornBronco
Ring of Famer
 
LonghornBronco's Avatar
 
Hook'em Horns

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,427

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

How ironic an aggie prompted someone to give up on player jerseys and go with the "12th Man" Jersey.
LonghornBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #11
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,092

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Just get a #7. Elway jersey will never go out of style.
mwill07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #12
SlyEli
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Nah. Everyone associates 12th man with the seahawks in the NFL (and aTm in college). Just get an elway jersey
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #13
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,685

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Do a 47 and say "47th man"
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #14
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,268

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Pretty sure you can take any number you want and put your own name on the back of the jersey. So if you want a #12 Broncos jersey with your name on the back, I'm pretty sure you can do that. As others have suggested, you can always go with a retired player's number too.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #15
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,831
Default

<-------Reached that same conclusion long before I registered here in 2002.

Players come and go. ROF does not.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #16
Smilin Assassin
Tradition
 
Smilin Assassin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,898
Default

Blame it on Free Agency.

Makes it harder to determine "lifetime" Broncos (or any other team), but boosts sales in jerseys as the player gets a new fan base.

Agree w/those that say buy the retired/legendary players. As for current or "new and exciting" players, opt for the name + number t-shirts/hoodies. Cheaper alternative.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #17
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Chris Harris is a safe choice imo
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #18
MaloCS
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 344

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I understand everyone's advice on getting an Elway jersey but you know what, I'm tired of wearing another person's name on my back. I'm not John Elway or Terrell Davis or Rod Smith or Steve Atwater, I'm MaloCS and I want an alternative that allows me to represent my favorite team in a jersey that won't become irrelevant because the player either leaves the team, is an a-hole, a murderer or drug addict.

In the last six months my family has spent about $350 on Von Miller jerseys, one of which is a $60 dollar jersey for my son. That jersey is now trash because there's no way in hell that I'm going to have my 6 year old son representing a man that's either too dumb to know the rules or too addicted to his substance to care about them. If the Broncos offered an exchange program like the Patriots did with Hernandez I'd be the first in line. I'm just so tired of spending good money on gear that goes out of style in a year.

I feel the NFL should throw a bone to it's fans and designate a single number for that purpose only. Then, as a die hard fan I can buy the fan numbered jersey and never worry about it becoming irrelevant. I could buy the home version, the away version, the throwback version and be confident that my investment is sound, even in the event the team decides to change uniform designs, in which case they become "old school" and even more awesome.

If these jerseys were $20 a piece I wouldn't have a problem tossing Miller's jersey in the trash but hell, I paid over $100 for my Von Miller jersey which I'm never going to wear again. What a freaking waste!

I want my freaking money back!!!!

Last edited by MaloCS; 07-23-2013 at 01:45 PM..
MaloCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #19
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime
 
KevinJames's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,116
Default

Dumb just get an elway jersey if your worried about a player not being there.


12th man is dumb unless its Texas A&M. I hate seattle, I live in WA.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #20
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloCS View Post
That jersey is now trash because there's no way in hell that I'm going to have my 6 year old son representing a man that's either too dumb to know the rules or too addicted to his substance to care about them.
Ridiculously massive overreaction.

Quote:
If these jerseys were $20 a piece I wouldn't have a problem tossing Miller's jersey in the trash but hell, I paid over $100 for my Von Miller jersey which I'm never going to wear again. What a freaking waste!
Same here. Chill bro
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #21
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,364

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Hasn't seattle fans already done this before and still do it?

Never been a fan of taking another fanbase's ideas. Kinda like calling it bronco nation. Nation was coined for all the raiders fans up and down highway 101 when they were in LA. It should be country
No team has a massive coverage of a region like the Broncos. While it might have been taken from the Raiders, it rings true of our team. The whole Rocky Mountain region is Broncos.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #22
MaloCS
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 344

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Nope! I'm upset I wasted over $300 for another idiot player that can't keep his ducks in a row. I don't want to wear Elway's name on my back. Guess what? My name isn't Elway.

I want a jersey that allows me to support my favorite team without being tied to an idiot player. These guys come and go for various reasons and I'm tired of representing them as if they're royalty.

It's time for the NFL and the Broncos to do the right thing, set aside a fan only number. I don't care if it's 12 or 00 or whatever, it's just time the fans get their own number that they can be proud of.
MaloCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #23
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,855

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloCS View Post
My point is the NFL should throw the FAN a bone a give use a bonafide option to represent our team with jerseys that won't go out of style in one season. It doesn't matter to me if it's a "12th Man" jersey or a jersey with a giant "F" on it. I just want a way to display my die hard fanaticism for the team I love.

I'm tired of representing players that don't care about the team the same way I do. I'm tired of wasting money on players that won't be here next year. I'm tired of wearing someone else's name on my back. I want a way to rep my favorite team with a jersey that is relevant for years to come. Right now, that's going the be with the number 12 so Seattle or Texas or whoever else can go eat a big fat #$#@.
I feel your pain but it is naive to think that any player in the NFL feels the same way about the team he plays for as us diehards. Most of these guys are lucky to be in the NFL, it is nice when you get a story like Mike Bell or even Montee Ball who grew up rooting for the Broncos or one of their players.

At the end of the day they will go where they can get paid the most. It is just a job for them and they fail and make mistakes just like we do.

I don't feel the need to wear a jersey anymore, a tee with a guys name or number is fine, it is cheaper and you can mow the lawn in it after they leave.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #24
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
No team has a massive coverage of a region like the Broncos. While it might have been taken from the Raiders, it rings true of our team. The whole Rocky Mountain region is Broncos.
That's why it's called "country". Country signifies a large region. Nation signifies silver and black. Unless its the city of Oakland the city of LA and everything up and down highway 5, 101 it should be called something else. A team that's moved to 2 different markets.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 07-23-2013 at 02:49 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:45 PM   #25
scorpio
Cubicle Pimp
 
scorpio's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,495
Default

scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:14 PM.


Denver Broncos