The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Default Party of repeal

Classic, Boner tells it like it is.

House Republicans keep pushing ObamaCare repeal

House Republicans say their goal is to repeal President Obama's health care law, not to present an alternative plan.
"I don't think it's a matter of what we put on the floor right now," said Rep. Greg Walden of Oregon, who heads the party's campaign committee. He added that what is important is "trying to delay Obamacare."

His remarks are in response to criticism that the Republican-led House have voted more than three dozen times over the past several years to repeal the law in part or in whole.

On the larger question about the recent success of Congress, House Speaker John Boehner said Sunday it "ought to be judged on how many laws we repeal" not "by how many new laws we create."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...est=latestnews

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2ZmvjU7OH
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #2
B-Large

So repeal a healthcare law that is already helping million of Americans, soon to help even more, and have no alternative plan in place should you repeal it?

Yep, that why I don't vote for Republicans anymore....
Old 07-22-2013, 08:31 AM   #3
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
So repeal a healthcare law that is already helping million of Americans, soon to help even more, and have no alternative plan in place should you repeal it?

Yep, that why I don't vote for Republicans anymore....
Add to that didn't Boehner say it was the law of the land? "Well yeah, but I don't like it."
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #4
B-Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Add to that didn't Boehner say it was the law of the land? "Well yeah, but I don't like it."
He did. The GOP mystifies me these days. The Democrats pass a Republican Healthcare plan, albeit it 17 years later, do the ideals and realities of the 1993 Heritage Foundation plan really change that much to make the GOP laser focused on destroying it? It just show how far right they have moved, and continue to move.... and not in a good way.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #5
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
He did. The GOP mystifies me these days. The Democrats pass a Republican Healthcare plan, albeit it 17 years later, do the ideals and realities of the 1993 Heritage Foundation plan really change that much to make the GOP laser focused on destroying it? It just show how far right they have moved, and continue to move.... and not in a good way.
It's mind boggling. One of the most pressing, economic issues in the country (in the world, really) and the Right not only refuses to offer a solution, but will use all their energy to destroy any solution anybody else comes up with, even if it came from one of their own think tanks. These guys are starting to remind me of the Taliban. At their essence is a single dogma: Destroy the U.S. government. At all costs.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #6
B-Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
It's mind boggling. One of the most pressing, economic issues in the country (in the world, really) and the Right not only refuses to offer a solution, but will use all their energy to destroy any solution anybody else comes up with, even if it came from one of their own think tanks. These guys are starting to remind me of the Taliban. At their essence is a single dogma: Destroy the U.S. government. At all costs.
So you're a Buffalo kid as well?

R, I can't understand why Republicans, meaning voters, aren't tired of the Healthcare **** with the GOP. The uninsured, pre-exsiting condition and too poor to afford group are not all Democrats or tree hugging liberals... these are other conservatives, their family members, freinds, etc... why is it so terrible that every American should have to carry heath coverage? The GOP infuriates me right now, I get it you want small government and I don't disgree with alot of it, but does that mean we can't as a nation solve any problems?

I mean ACA was projected to cost 1T of 8 years, right (I take out the 2 year ramp up, nto benefit period to be fair)? A little more than $100B a year for this program when our total government outlays are 3-4 Trillion? Puh-Leez- t have millions of Amerians be able to get coverage and not live in fear of losing a job and coverage would be a big win for everybody.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #7
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
So you're a Buffalo kid as well?

R, I can't understand why Republicans, meaning voters, aren't tired of the Healthcare **** with the GOP. The uninsured, pre-exsiting condition and too poor to afford group are not all Democrats or tree hugging liberals... these are other conservatives, their family members, freinds, etc... why is it so terrible that every American should have to carry heath coverage? The GOP infuriates me right now, I get it you want small government and I don't disgree with alot of it, but does that mean we can't as a nation solve any problems?

I mean ACA was projected to cost 1T of 8 years, right (I take out the 2 year ramp up, nto benefit period to be fair)? A little more than $100B a year for this program when our total government outlays are 3-4 Trillion? Puh-Leez- t have millions of Amerians be able to get coverage and not live in fear of losing a job and coverage would be a big win for everybody.
Their ideology says that the magic of the free (and privatized) market is the only viable option for all societal issues. Government, by its very nature, is incapable of solving ANY problems. Therefore, they must ensure that it can't.

I didn't grow up in Buffalo. I lived there a couple of years.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #8
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
The Republican Party has spent 30 years careering ever more deeply into ideological extremism, but one of the novel developments of the Obama years is its embrace of procedural extremism. The Republican fringe has evolved from being politically shrewd proponents of radical policy changes to a gang of saboteurs who would rather stop government from functioning at all. In this sense, their historical precedents are not so much the Gingrich revolutionaries, or even their tea-party selves of a few years ago; the movement is more like the radical left of the sixties, had it occupied a position of power in Congress. And so the terms we traditionally use to scold bad Congresses—partisanship, obstruction, gridlock—don’t come close to describing this situation. The hard right’s extremism has bent back upon itself, leaving an inscrutable void of paranoia and formless rage and twisting the Republican Party into a band of anarchists.

And the worst is not behind us.
http://nymag.com/news/features/repub...st-viewed-24h5
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #9
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
In the actual world, the economy is recovering and the deficit, currently projected at half the level Obama inherited, is falling like a rock. Yet messianic Republican suicide threats in the face of an imagined debt crisis have not subsided at all. The swelling grievance within the party base may actually be giving the threats more fervor. The reign of the Republican House has not yet inflicted any deep or permanent disaster on the country, but it looks like it is just a matter of time.

Basically, one of the major political parties of the U.S. has gone insane.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:31 PM   #10
nyuk nyuk

REPEAL! REPEAL!
Old 07-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #11
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
There's your clue; this isn't a recognizable Republican party, even Reagan would be WTF?.

Goldwater would have kicked most of these clowns back to the 'moral majority,' or whatever other primitive, knuckle dragging organization they spawned from.

DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:43 PM   #12
nyuk nyuk

Christian zealots control the GOP?

Meh.

Too bad you on the left can't see that secular humanist liberals are doing as much moralistic preaching and manipulating as any fundie Christian ever has...
Old 07-27-2013, 02:46 PM   #13
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Christian zealots control the GOP?

Meh.

Too bad you on the left can't see that secular humanist liberals are doing as much moralistic preaching and manipulating as any fundie Christian ever has...
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #14
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

what's funny is these libs in here act like conservatives control anything.....

We don't control the Republican Party.....

We don't control Congress....

We don't control the WH......

But we're the ones destroying everything
errand is offline   Reply With Quote