The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2013, 05:53 AM   #51
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
How about Evergreen?
The guys job is at the old Fitzsimons army hospital now known as CU medical campus. East Colfax in Aurora Baja.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:13 AM   #52
lolcopter

ITT meck rationalizes himself living in Aurora

from the sounds of it you have a mortgage too, sorry bro

in guessing you're nowhere near anschutz anyway, you're probably down south like Parker and Quincy where Aurora isn't a ****hole

Last edited by lolcopter; 07-19-2013 at 06:16 AM..
Old 07-19-2013, 06:16 AM   #53
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Lol, I live in "wannabe suburbanite" ville.
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:24 AM   #54
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
ITT meck rationalizes himself living in Aurora

from the sounds of it you have a mortgage too, sorry bro

in guessing you're nowhere near anschutz anyway, you're probably down south like Parker and Quincy where Aurora isn't a ****hole
What's wrong with a mortgage?
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:28 AM   #55
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedReaver View Post
What's wrong with a mortgage?
the OP never implied he was in the market to buy, for one. if you're renting that makes a-town even less valuable. just sounds like meck is trying to rationalize his purchase or maybe he's born and bred there I dunno. cheaper real estate doesn't really validate any of his aurora-isnt-so-bad claims

fwiw, if you WERE in the market to buy parts of Aurora actually are fairly nice, like down south by the quincy res... its just spread out suburbia and car ownership is an absolute must. the anschutz area and northern aurora specifically though have very few redeeming qualities

Last edited by lolcopter; 07-19-2013 at 06:43 AM..
Old 07-19-2013, 06:51 AM   #56
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
the OP never implied he was in the market to buy, for one. if you're renting that makes a-town even less valuable. just sounds like meck is trying to rationalize his purchase or maybe he's born and bred there I dunno. cheaper real estate doesn't really validate any of his aurora-isnt-so-bad claims

fwiw, if you WERE in the market to buy parts of Aurora actually are fairly nice, like down south by the quincy res... its just spread out suburbia and car ownership is an absolute must. the anschutz area and northern aurora specifically though have very few redeeming qualities
I thought you were just ragging on the notion that buying is always worse than renting.
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:58 AM   #57
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedReaver View Post
I thought you were just ragging on the notion that buying is always worse than renting.
no, definitely not arguing that. that's a very personal evaluation anyway, deciding which is better

i guess if you wanna break it down further the same goes for aurora or whatever, this is all IMO ITT. I haven't even been over there in years probably (no reason to)

Last edited by lolcopter; 07-19-2013 at 07:03 AM..
Old 07-19-2013, 07:41 AM   #58
Powderaddict

Quote:
there's still no reason to ever go there besides a job

colfax west of colorado is fine. the closer you get to the capitol the more homeless tho
Then they have cleaned it up a lot since I lived on Colfax for a couple years in the mid 90's. This was between Sheridan and Wadsworth. There was quite a bit of crime on Colfax back then. Not a ton of random violent crime, but I wouldn't call it safe either.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:05 AM   #59
CEH
Ring of Famer

I got my little startup into the cu medical center
Hope to parlay into hospitals all over the country

Many friends work in that area and still live south in Littleton
Highlands ranch

Green valley ranch seems like a nice area just north

You could even live down near dove valley in Parker

Just stay away from movies and beauty supply in aurora lol

Last edited by CEH; 07-19-2013 at 08:09 AM..
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #60
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Anschutz is near the X, I'd recommend living somewhere in the "circle"

edit: me personally, when I used to work in Stapleton, I loved living in Congress Park. It's close enough to both downtown and Stapleton (Anschutz) that a bike commute is completely feasible, or if you drive you pretty much never get stuck in traffic because you're on the city one-ways like 13th/14th 6th/8th travelling just a few miles. Instead of all the apartment building like in Cap Hill, Congress Park has much more single family dwellings and a lot of trees. Stretches along Hale/Mayfair also if you wanna be closer to work.
What's the University of Colorado medical center off Colorado BLVD then? That's by DU and Cherry Creek.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #61
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Speaking of that map... Move to globeville because it smells like dog food.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #62
B-Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
What's the University of Colorado medical center off Colorado BLVD then? That's by DU and Cherry Creek.
that been closed for years, University of Colorado Hospital has been at the AMC since then. that location still houses Rose Hospital and VA, but they are not affiliated with University.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #63
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Just stay away from movies and beauty supply in aurora lol
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #64
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
by the X is where he is interviewing/working/Anschutz

Last edited by lolcopter; 07-19-2013 at 09:41 AM..
Old 07-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #65
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1971 View Post
Here you go...

Queen Soopers! I used to shop there a lot and l lived near Cheeseman park and yes, it's rainbow city! My apartment manager was a guy but the first time I met him I thought he was a woman, or, I really couldn't decide what gender he was. It wasn't until later that I was talking to him and I noticed beard stubble. Also, he lived with--get this--a trucker guy who was your basic cap wearing fatass trucker dude.

Anyhow, my apartment manager's name was Andrew, strange I still remember this. He/she was nice and he liked me as a tenant so I could pretty much do whatever the hell I wanted. Also, I lived right next door to a couple of lesbos.

The bad thing about the neighborhood is my car kept getting broken into. That sucked. I was also living right down the street from a two bars, one called Cricket on the Hill, the other was Garbo's (I think). The Cricket used to have some decent home grown bands. Man, I used to get wasted drunk at those places and stumble home...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:06 AM   #66
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Sloans lake area is kick ass. If you can afford property there, buy it. It's probably god-aweful expensive. Back in the day you couldn't give property away in that area.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:58 PM   #67
ak1971
uhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Don't need to pay you. It's one of the fastest growing/job growth areas of Colorado. We're breaking ground on a 1,000+ lot subdivision soon. People are paying us.

The OP title is moving to "denver" because of a job in Aurora. Same with the other thousands of people moving to Aurora. That is my point. The job growth is in Aurora. Where he lives is up to him. If people want to drive 30 minutes to make money in aurora that's fine. Just easier to live where you work.

I'm not ****ing anyone. Aurora has incorrectly been labeled an unsafe city yet the facts consistently rank Aurora in the top 10 safest cities in America of similar size. Facts are facts.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1177039.html

Median income over $60,000
Unemployment 2.4%
Home Appreciation 8.9%

http://www.hometodenver.com/Stats_Aurora.htm
They maybe revitalizing Fitzsimmons and the area in front of it (colfax) but Morris Heights and the area on the west side (Montview) are not exactly the most desirable places to live. Yeah..I could buy a house in Detroit for $5 dollars but that doesn't mean I should live there
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #68
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Aurora is just fine, dont let these fools fool you.

Parker is where I want to live though
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #69
Meck77

Quote:
They maybe revitalizing Fitzsimmons and the area in front of it (colfax) but Morris Heights and the area on the west side (Montview) are not exactly the most desirable places to live. Yeah..I could buy a house in Detroit for $5 dollars but that doesn't mean I should live there
I know AK. Parker is the perfect place where all the white boys ran to. Trust me got plenty of friends who are there now. Sadly several of them have had their homes robbed and cars broken into.

Let's face it. What people are saying is they don't living among "brown" people without actually saying it.

What I'm saying is the FACTS of Aurora Colorado are that statistically it ranks in the top 10 safest cities in America. I'm not making this up. You are correct. Morris Heights isn't Wash Park.

Someone has to stand up for Aurora because it's clear nobody else will. There are a lot of behind the scene deals happening.

Hell you've been around long enough Andy. The area around coors field was **** hole not that long. Parker was cows. Hell North aurora was nothing but cows not that long ago.

There is a book you can find at the local Walgreens in Aurora that has the full history of Aurora. I got a copy. Great stuff! You might find it interesting.

Some people like paying top dollar and chasing the trendy areas to live. Nothing wrong with it. Then there were guys like Hoffman. (Read the book).

We're creating a "new Aurora" out east.....Stay Tuned. It's going to change some things and keep some of the yuppies from clogging up Parker for you AK.

Last edited by Meck77; 07-19-2013 at 04:15 PM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #70
ak1971
uhhhh

Has nothing to do with Race or living amongst the illegals. there are just better places to live and N of Alameda IMO isn't it
Old 07-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #71
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Hey more real estate battles.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #72
Rmac15

Lived in Aurora for two years and I hated it, in fact the whole city of Denver is pretty boring.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #73
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Commuting sucks in Denver, it just sucks ass. I have no idea what it's like to live in Aurora, the closest I came to living in Aurora was Capital Hill, but that was a while back.
You guys have no idea what a bad commute is like. Come to Chicago or go to LA and then you will feel true commuting pain.

If I were Glynden I would find an area I liked after I got the job and then buy there and commute. I might not suggest trying to live in Golden or Bolder but if you want to live west of Co blvd it shouldn't be that bad a commute.

I lived just east of Co Blvd way back in the 70's. It was east of 25 but North of Hampden. There are still spots like my old subdivision that still look like it did in 1973 but there are some nice areas in there as well.

Good luck! and listen to Meck!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #74
ak1971
uhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post

I lived just east of Co Blvd way back in the 7Os. It was east of 25 but North of Hampden.
East of Colorado and North of Hampden? .....Colorado and Virginia?
Old 07-21-2013, 04:25 PM   #75
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
East of Colorado and North of Hampden? .....Colorado and Virginia?
Corner of Cherry Way & Dahlia St. Second house in on the the north side of Cherry way if you do a google street view, the house next door is a new McMansion build, those were good sized lots in the back yard from what I remember and it would suit to a McMansion type renovation.

My dad put in the small evergreen bushes 40 years ago. I think he built the playhouse also, he either did or it was there.

We were across the street from the back of Bradley Grade school.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote