The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #376
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Miguel Cabrera is the first player in major league history to have 30 HR & 90 RBI before the All-Star break.
Whats crazy about this, is Chris Davis just got his 90th RBI before the break so now something that has never happened before, has happened twice in the same season. Crazy.
If Cabrera wasn't going ballistic so far, I'd say Davis would be my mid season MVP really helping the O's stay in the playoff race in a tough AL.
My wondering is has Davis finally gotten "it" and going to be a perennial power hitter, ala what happened with Jose Bautista, or is this just going to be a fluke year and he's going to go back to his previous averages?

Anyways, figure I'd do an All Star break awards:

AL MVP - Miguel Cabrera

AL CY - this is a very tough decision to be honest. You have 3 really good candidates to me, and then a fourth would be in the mix if he didn't get hurt(Bucholz). I'm going to go with Scherzer here, and not just because his win total. He has a great ERA, a WHIP under 1, he has 150+ K's in 130 innings pitched, has given up less than 100 hits, only 31 walks, I mean he has the other categories to back it up. Felix Hernandez, I almost picked him here. Another unbelievable season, and Yu Darvish round out my top 3.

AL ROY - honestly, I have no idea. Looking at the stats, I can't say anybody should win this yet

NL MVP - Paul Goldschmidt, banking on the fact DBacks maintain their lead in the West and win it.

NL CY - Clayton Kershaw, would probably have around 12 wins with decent support. Wainwright, Harvey and Zimmerman all are there with him I think

NL ROY - Jose Fernandez
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #377
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Chris Davis is having an outrageous season.

I'm rooting for him to do well, but I'd really like to see Miggy make another run at the Triple Crown and every time I watch the highlights, Chris Davis is smacking another home run.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #378
TheChamp24

The Legend

Quote:
Chris Davis is having an outrageous season.

I'm rooting for him to do well, but I'd really like to see Miggy make another run at the Triple Crown and every time I watch the highlights, Chris Davis is smacking another home run.
We are seeing some greats turning the corner here probably. I mean, guys who aren't talked about a lot are something special. I mean, Mike Trout is having another incredible season. He's going to be really, really good. Manny Machado is going to be a terrific 3B. Jason Kipnis, who was almost involved in the Ubaldo Jimenez trade, looks to be a cornerstone at 2B. Paul Goldschmidt at 1B for the DBacks. Jean Segura, Starling Marte, its exciting stuff seeing all these young guys do so well.

With Davis, its more of a question has he finally "figured it out" and blossomed into the hitter everybody thought he could be, or is this a fluke year? He's always had the power, but the K's are still high and to me, I kinda feel he'll go back down to Jose Bautista levels, which is still really good.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #379
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

I agree....there is some insanely good young talent that has recently arrived in the bigs and MLB would be wise to focus and show off the skills of these kids as they are the future of the game for the next few decades.

I've been watching a lot of Manny Machado whenever I get a chance and he is a special player.

It's hard to fathom that Manny Machado literally turned 21 a few days ago, Mike Trout is still only 21 years old, and Bryce Harper is still only 20 years old.

As for Chris Davis....I think this year is probably an aberration. He had 33 HRs last season while hitting .270 with 169 Ks. He's already got 110 Ks this season. That .315 average won't stand all season. He'll probably mash 50+ HRs this season, but that won't be the norm for Davis. I could see him hitting 30+ HRs while striking out a lot for several seasons, but I don't think he is going to continue on this upward path and become a several season superstar.

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 07-14-2013 at 06:40 PM..
Old 07-14-2013, 07:15 PM   #380
TheChamp24

The Legend

Quote:
I agree....there is some insanely good young talent that has recently arrived in the bigs and MLB would be wise to focus and show off the skills of these kids as they are the future of the game for the next few decades.

I've been watching a lot of Manny Machado whenever I get a chance and he is a special player.

It's hard to fathom that Manny Machado literally turned 21 a few days ago, Mike Trout is still only 21 years old, and Bryce Harper is still only 20 years old.

As for Chris Davis....I think this year is probably an aberration. He had 33 HRs last season while hitting .270 with 169 Ks. He's already got 110 Ks this season. That .315 average won't stand all season. He'll probably mash 50+ HRs this season, but that won't be the norm for Davis. I could see him hitting 30+ HRs while striking out a lot for several seasons, but I don't think he is going to continue on this upward path and become a several season superstar.
Thats what is really amazing, these guys are All Star players and they are only 20, 21, 22 years old.

I tend to agree with Davis, but maybe he'll become a better player still, not entirely likely who knows though. I don't see him becoming a perennial .300 hitter, with 50+ homerun guy. .270 and 40+ homeruns? maybe.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:33 PM   #381
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

"According to Darren Rovell of ESPN, there is a possibility that Ryan Braun and Rodriguez could face lifetime bans from the MLB for their alleged involvement with performance-enhancing drugs and the Biogenesis scandal if each instance counts as a violation."

It sounds like ARod has 150 game plea bargain.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:42 PM   #382
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director

Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious

Yadier Molina MVP National League
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:42 AM   #383
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
AL CY - this is a very tough decision to be honest. You have 3 really good candidates to me, and then a fourth would be in the mix if he didn't get hurt(Bucholz). I'm going to go with Scherzer here, and not just because his win total. He has a great ERA, a WHIP under 1, he has 150+ K's in 130 innings pitched, has given up less than 100 hits, only 31 walks, I mean he has the other categories to back it up. Felix Hernandez, I almost picked him here. Another unbelievable season, and Yu Darvish round out my top 3.
My only small reservation about going with Scherzer is that 8 AL starters have a better ERA. Hard to argue with his numbers otherwise.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:42 PM   #384
TheChamp24

The Legend

Good god Bryce's brother...that stache....
Old 07-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #385
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

This is a pretty good read:

http://www.freep.com/article/2013071...detroit-tigers

Max Scherzer, Mark McGwire share emotional bond over death of Scherzer's brother
Old 07-16-2013, 09:23 AM   #386
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Max Scherzer is developing into a real workhorse....look at these numbers from his last 36 starts:

23-3 with a 2.94 ERA, striking out 276 in 233 innings, spanning 36 starts since June 28, 2012. He's 13-1 this season, losing for the first time Saturday, two victories shy of the longest winning streak to start a season.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #387
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler

I watched Chris Carpenter pitch at AA Springfield last night. It was really cool seeing one of my favorite players, who had recently retired, pitch again that close. Given the circumstances he pitched really well for 2 innings. Had some issues getting inside to lefties, gave up 2ER struck out 5 and threw 54 pitches. It was a very cool experience.
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #388
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Go American League!
Old 07-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #389
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

I think Erin Andrews was getting creamy while interviewing Matt Harvey.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:16 PM   #390
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Miggy with a double to lead off the top of the 4th inning.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #391
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Jose Bautista's sac fly produces the first run of the game.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #392
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Jason Kipnis with an RBI double in the 8th inning to give the American League a 3-0 lead.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #393
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Sweet....Prince Fielder with a triple.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:04 AM   #394
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

I thought it was cool that it was kind of Mariano Rivera's night and he won the MVP Award with nobody really standing out.

I don't like the Yankees, but Rivera is a class act and seemed to really appreciate and soak in the moment last night.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:52 PM   #395
Drunken.Broncoholic

Puig with an insane throw from right field to 3rd base. Too bad the ump blew the call.

Maybe the national league will think twice next all star game when picking a great player that doesnt measure up to certain peoples standards. He could've done no worse than the clowns who put up a goose egg. What you get when you leave the most exciting player off the team? A boring game.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:04 PM   #396
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Puig with an insane throw from right field to 3rd base. Too bad the ump blew the call.

Maybe the national league will think twice next all star game when picking a great player that doesnt measure up to certain peoples standards. He could've done no worse than the clowns who put up a goose egg. What you get when you leave the most exciting player off the team? A boring game.
It was over when Gonzo was with Puig. Gonzo is better then Freeman.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:24 AM   #397
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

If Matt Kemp gets going look out! How long till Hanley Ramirez starts getting MVP love?
Old 07-21-2013, 11:51 AM   #398
TheChamp24

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post

lol seriously? The most exciting player?
He is starting to "normalize" in stats and now down to .369 average and at this point with Kemp back, now they'll be sitting the overpaid Ethier.
And with Hanley and MVP love, he hasn't had enough time yet to accurately gauge that this year. I really do like Goldy and McCutcheon more for the MVP at this point due to how more important they are to their teams success for a longer period of time than Hanley.
I will say, its nice to see Hanley back to playing like the elite player he was before he went into that weird funk.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #399
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Old 07-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #400
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco: