The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Good, Bad, what
Good 19 45.24%
Bad 9 21.43%
Good parents, rotten kids 6 14.29%
Good kids, rotten parents 4 9.52%
Loud 9 21.43%
Creepy 6 14.29%
Loud and Creepy 3 7.14%
Goth 1 2.38%
Have Garage Band 2 4.76%
Barking Dog 7 16.67%
Barking Dog, craps on my lawn 6 14.29%
Other 13 30.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #26
91BRONCO
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Allright, here goes-

Neighbors to my left turned me into the county for building a block wall in my backyard where a small portion was over 3.5 feet tall. If it's under 3.5ft tall you don't need anything. If it's over 3.5ft tall you need an expensive stamp from an engineering company. Our adjoining fence was in need of repair and he called me to tell me I needed to repair it. I stated that since we both shared it I would be willing to split the repair costs 50/50 with him which made him lose his ****. I didn't speak with him or his wife for years until I found out he got arrested and kicked out of his house for beating his wife. He has since moved back in but we have formed an uneasy truce thus far.

My neighbor across the street had two suicide attempts in the last couple of years culminating with a 69 year old granny stabbing her husband (79 years old) of many years in the chest and killing him. After doing so she plunged the knife into her own chest but lived and is now being held in a Jeffco facility.

Not my neighbors fault but another neighbor across the street had a home invasion situation at their house. Everyone ended up fine but geez man, I live in the suburbs!!!!
91BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #27
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
Now we have a great culd a sac but that was not always the case. My old neighbor was kind of a douche. For the most part he was an ok guy but he did have the creep factor going on. Former Marine who every now and then decided to turn the weekend into "I have been on a boat for 6 months lets all go bat **** crazy and get super ****ed up shore leave hooah".

Fair enough, who doesn't like to burn it down every now and then.

One Friday I come home from work and go for a run. As I am walking up the stairs to take a shower I see my neighbor and his girlfriend walking / jogging down the middle of the street. I didn't think much of it at the time but in retrospect I should have noticed that something was not right. As I am coming downstairs in a towel I notice a guy hiding behind my mailbox in full combat armor with a machine gun. About 30sec later I get a knock on the door from the SWAT team saying there has been an incident next door. Do not leave your house, the area is blocked off, no one is allowed in or out. So I go upstairs and notice the police are everywhere. The standoff last for about 5 hours and ended when a sniper that was across the street shot and killed my neighbors drunk friend as he tried to walk out the door with a gun pointed at the police.

My neighbor lasted about another 6 months before he sold his place and moved. He was not invited to the neighborhood Christmas party.
And the Gold medal is awarded to. . . .
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #28
DENVERDUI55

I don't know about my neighbors but I can speak for them about me. They got the best neighbor. I'm not home much and I actually clean up my yard and keep it looking nice when I am home. I don't have a barking dog and my garage organized and it doesn't look like a land fill at times when I'm working in it with the door up.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #29
91BRONCO
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
Now we have a great culd a sac but that was not always the case. My old neighbor was kind of a douche. For the most part he was an ok guy but he did have the creep factor going on. Former Marine who every now and then decided to turn the weekend into "I have been on a boat for 6 months lets all go bat **** crazy and get super ****ed up shore leave hooah".

Fair enough, who doesn't like to burn it down every now and then.

One Friday I come home from work and go for a run. As I am walking up the stairs to take a shower I see my neighbor and his girlfriend walking / jogging down the middle of the street. I didn't think much of it at the time but in retrospect I should have noticed that something was not right. As I am coming downstairs in a towel I notice a guy hiding behind my mailbox in full combat armor with a machine gun. About 30sec later I get a knock on the door from the SWAT team saying there has been an incident next door. Do not leave your house, the area is blocked off, no one is allowed in or out. So I go upstairs and notice the police are everywhere. The standoff last for about 5 hours and ended when a sniper that was across the street shot and killed my neighbors drunk friend as he tried to walk out the door with a gun pointed at the police.

My neighbor lasted about another 6 months before he sold his place and moved. He was not invited to the neighborhood Christmas party.
Never a pleasant situation. I finished smoking a spliff one morning, open my front door just in time to see the crime scene tape closing off the street and having my entire house/lot included in it. Cops EVERYWHERE.

I feel for ya man.
91BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #30
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91BRONCO View Post
Allright, here goes-

Neighbors to my left turned me into the county for building a block wall in my backyard where a small portion was over 3.5 feet tall. If it's under 3.5ft tall you don't need anything. If it's over 3.5ft tall you need an expensive stamp from an engineering company. Our adjoining fence was in need of repair and he called me to tell me I needed to repair it. I stated that since we both shared it I would be willing to split the repair costs 50/50 with him which made him lose his ****. I didn't speak with him or his wife for years until I found out he got arrested and kicked out of his house for beating his wife. He has since moved back in but we have formed an uneasy truce thus far.

My neighbor across the street had two suicide attempts in the last couple of years culminating with a 69 year old granny stabbing her husband (79 years old) of many years in the chest and killing him. After doing so she plunged the knife into her own chest but lived and is now being held in a Jeffco facility.

Not my neighbors fault but another neighbor across the street had a home invasion situation at their house. Everyone ended up fine but geez man, I live in the suburbs!!!!
She's pretty smart.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #31
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

On one side of us is this crazy family of 4 who mow their lawn, wave to us and are generally friendly without being friends with them. Kids are young teenagers so they sort of acknowledge our existence.

On ther other side is unbelievable, they do a lot of stuff out and about (season tix holders to FSU, hunting, the dad travels for work M-Th), but when we see them we talk and hang out a bit. Get this - we've even had them over for dinner and been over to their place for dinner!!!

Some people just want to watch the world burn, in a controlled setting of their fireplace.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:48 AM   #32
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1971 View Post
Where do you live? Ill buy out your neighbors and make it a drunken naked midget fest every night
IL.

I would join you for that. Corn hole not so much.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:58 AM   #33
DenverDynamite

I've been in my place now for almost ten years so I've seen a number of neighbors come and go. Nothing too dramatic except for the time a pit bull from the trashy rentors next door at the time crashed through the fence where I was playing with my two year old son in the backyard. That pissed me off something fierce even though nothing came of it outside of a brief scare.
Also my old neighbors behind us used to have a big ass fires in their backyard. Nothing worse than being stuck at home with a two week old infant on a hot summer night with wood smoke coming through the swamp cooler. What they were doing was legal but man it made me want to do some passive-aggressive **** right back.

I'm thankful my neighborhood is very quiet these days.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #34
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
On one side of us, I swear that they are in witness protection because they only do things at night, and their kids are NEVER outside. ...
The people behind us are like this they have 2 kids a little older than my daughter but are never outside playing. The house looks empty for long stretches of time. I think the dad works nights and they were both divorced with kids. I love them because they are quiet.

I almost feel bad for them when we have parties as we are in the backyard. When I host our poker games some guys go out there to smoke but if he works nights it is not a big deal. It is not like we are in the street having corn hole tourney's all night. Plus I keep the music low so we can talk.

Come to think of it the guy to my right who we swap kids stuff with hasn't hosted a poker night since he had his kids a couple years ago. WTF!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #35
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Nope no neighbors but I do have to put up with the sound of the big bad-ass boats running thru-hull exhaust or straight pipes out on the lake. Some of them take off early in the morning to run on the smooth glass top water before it gets choppy. It sounds like the a-wipes are right in my bedroom.
Pony Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #36
B-Large

I don't think my neighbors on the South Side like White People. We have never spoken a word, shared a wave, and they will not even look at me when I am outside, and I am outside alot. They are friendly with the other Black people around us, but not a word or anything toward us.

Now, we moved into a neighborhood that was a strong Black community, and of recent alot of the older black folks are dying off and young white people are buying the homes. At first I thought well maybe this community resents all these whities moving back into the city when they fled only decades ago for suburban living. BUt, my neighbor behind us, 75 year old black women invited us over for Xmas cocktails every year (she since passed, God Bless Helen) and we brough her flowers, and my neighbor on the other side comes over constatntly just to say hello, see whats goign on etc. the Black neighbor ont he corner comes over all the time and ask if I need help doing yardwork, he is retired and like to keep busy.

So, I assume they don't like us because where White, I just can't think of any other reason. What's strange is it doesn't bother me, they keep themselves we keep to ours.. we're not loud, we take excellent care of our home and invested a ton of money in its remodel, we're friendly, always willing to help and lend a hand of possible.

I hope Im wrong, but it sure feels that way.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #37
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
My neighbor across the street is 6'4, 400lbs. Not a healthy guy at all. He wears wifebeaters and they are cut short. I never knew a human gut could hang that low until I met this guy. Anyway, he comes by my house last week and he asks my grandmother, an 86 year old woman who is 5'0 and 100lbs to remove a snake from his house.

This same neighbor cornered my mother and I once in the grocery store by the meat counter. Deli meats is the last thing this guy needs, but he is talking to my mom about his wife. This happened in June or so of last year. He told us his wife last bathed in february. He then asked me why I dont "hang out" or wave at him when he waves at me when I go to work at 8am or when I come home at 4pm. The dude has a creepy "it puts the lotion on its skin" vibe.

He is a one of those "bears" that some of you homos enjoy for company. He might want some loving he isn't getting from his stinky wife (I am sure he is a stinky guy too).

We must ask you what are you doing living with Grandma and probably your parents? Maybe your neighbors think you are creepy too.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #38
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

A friend of mine had a condo and his next door neighbor was a single lady with a non-livein boyfriend. Every time he came over they would start into arguments right away, within 5 minutes. Not violent arguments, but loud and crude. They'd spill out to the back yard, the front yard.

One time they argued for about two hours and the boyfriend cussed her out and took off out the front. She has to have the last word, so she stands on the porch and yells at the top of her lungs, "YOU... HAVE ...A ...VERY... LITTLE... DICK!!!!

I go over there a couple weeks later and they're arguing per usual, and my buddy tells me, "Watch this, I've done this to them a couple times." He has these stink bombs, you know those sulfur bombs, rotten egg smelling things, just little tiny glass vials but they release an awful smell. He goes to his bedroom window and tosses one so it breaks by her kitchen window. About 10 seconds later we hear the boyfriend, "What the **** are you cooking? It smells like sh*t!" And they proceed to go round and round about her cooking, then it moves on to a rehash of every other argument they've ever had. They were pretty hilarious, actually.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #39
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Okay, what I'm about to tell you really happened to me. None of it is embellished, even a little.

I leave you with that disclaimer, because I still find it hard to believe, myself.

We live in Utah. My wife has a health problem that keeps her in bed for a couple weeks. The neighborhood, organized by our LDS ward, immediately jumps in, and offers to bring us dinner for a couple weeks.

I give the obligatory feeble objections, and eventually accept the hospitality. It's what happens here. We've been on the other side of the equation enough times, and the help was appreciated.

So, anyway, about a week into this, a car pulls up. I look out, expecting to see one of our neighbors, bringing us that night's dinner. Nope. There is a sign on the top of the car that reads, "Papa John's Pizza!"

You see where I'm going with this? It turns out, one of our neighbors decided to provide dinner that night by - wait for it - buying us a few pizzas. I mean, sure, they included a few two-liter bottles of soda, an order of wings, an order of garlic sticks, and an order of those cinnamon sticks.

The point is, IT WASN'T HOME-MADE!

I'll be honest. I haven't forgotten it. I think about it every time I see these people. The father in the family tried to make it up a year or so later by mowing our lawn for a month, after I had my ACL replaced. It was almost comical. I'm all, "Hey Mike, thanks for mowing our lawn! AND THANKS FOR THE PAPA JOHN'S PIZZA YOU GOT US FOR DINNER!"

Yeah, that's right, a-hole - my memory is like a steel trap!
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #40
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

^^^ If you complained to me about not getting homemade food, I would tell you to go **** yourself and make something yourself. The only thing he did wrong was get PJ instead of Dominoes. He got you a few sodas too and that is probably frowned upon in the LDS circles. I bet he snuck you a six pack of Coors too but you wanted Bud Light instead. Wings weren't hot enough for you too? Too much garlic on the toast? Cinnamon sticks were not as good as Cinnabons? Damn Jack Mormons. They already drink alcohol and still get hot Mormon chicks and now you complain about fast food. You are going to hell and your neighbor gets your wife (you know having multiple wives and all...)
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #41
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Okay, what I'm about to tell you really happened to me. None of it is embellished, even a little.

I leave you with that disclaimer, because I still find it hard to believe, myself.

We live in Utah. My wife has a health problem that keeps her in bed for a couple weeks. The neighborhood, organized by our LDS ward, immediately jumps in, and offers to bring us dinner for a couple weeks.

I give the obligatory feeble objections, and eventually accept the hospitality. It's what happens here. We've been on the other side of the equation enough times, and the help was appreciated.

So, anyway, about a week into this, a car pulls up. I look out, expecting to see one of our neighbors, bringing us that night's dinner. Nope. There is a sign on the top of the car that reads, "Papa John's Pizza!"

You see where I'm going with this? It turns out, one of our neighbors decided to provide dinner that night by - wait for it - buying us a few pizzas. I mean, sure, they included a few two-liter bottles of soda, an order of wings, an order of garlic sticks, and an order of those cinnamon sticks.

I'll be honest. I haven't forgotten it. I think about it every time I see these people. The father in the family tried to make it up a year or so later by mowing our lawn for a month, after I had my ACL replaced. It was almost comical. I'm all, "Hey Mike, thanks for mowing our lawn! AND THANKS FOR THE PAPA JOHN'S PIZZA YOU GOT US FOR DINNER!"

Yeesh. Unbelievable. The NERVE of that guy. It's like IN YOUR FACE, neighbor. The only thing he could have done worse is deliver it himself, then show you his ass with wing juice all over it.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:21 AM   #42
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

I don't have any crazy stories and I hope I never have any. Best stories I could tell are making friends with our civilian neighbors around the pool at the apartment I used to live at. Drinking at the pool all day almost every weekend during the summer. Good times!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:57 AM   #43
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

We have great neighbors. A lot of our neighbors are "seasonal residents" -- meaning they're only here for the summer months. When we moved in, they were all quite happy to see my husband's company car (with company logo) in the neighborhood. (some Maners will understand the reference here )
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:53 AM   #44
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
^^^ If you complained to me about not getting homemade food, I would tell you to go **** yourself and make something yourself. The only thing he did wrong was get PJ instead of Dominoes. He got you a few sodas too and that is probably frowned upon in the LDS circles. I bet he snuck you a six pack of Coors too but you wanted Bud Light instead. Wings weren't hot enough for you too? Too much garlic on the toast? Cinnamon sticks were not as good as Cinnabons? Damn Jack Mormons. They already drink alcohol and still get hot Mormon chicks and now you complain about fast food. You are going to hell and your neighbor gets your wife (you know having multiple wives and all...)

No ****, some people are just so ungrateful

My neighbours are awesome, so much so that they are following us, we bought a new house, and 2 days later they bought the house beside us, so they will still be neighbours. Well one set anyhow.

Across the road we have a couple of welfare people, the girl turns tricks, and the guy tells stories of how he used to be homeless and wants to plant a garden to help the less fortunate. They both go beg at the local strip mall, but at least there cousin isnt around anymore, he used to steal cars, had a new york, a michigan, and an ohio plate, that just got moved onto whatever car he got.

2 doors down we have the family of 15 living in the single family home, i swear they must sleep in shifts, there is no way they have enough beds in that house not to.

Across the road is Stu, hes like 90 and deaf, so the perfect neighbour for me to be blastin my music when i have people over.

Other side is richard, chinease guy, engineer, he will spend 3 weeks without a car, hooking up a timed solenoid drain to relive the pressure, rather than just do the head gasket. Hes a paper engineer, doesnt do well with his hands, I tried helping him at first but he didnt want the help, so i dont even bother anymore.

Then theres the deadbeats at the corner who dont cut grass or shovel snow until the city puts the notice on the door, and they dont do that until I call, and even then they have 21 days to comply with said notice. I have been known to use my snowblower and do the sidewalk for them so my kids can safely get to school, funny how it always seems to land on the front porch when it comes out of my snowblower.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:05 AM   #45
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

I live in 27 story condo complex full of Syrian Ex Pats families, Iraq students going to GMU, old Jewish Couples, low level diplomats, some gay weight lifters and empty nesters Military/Federal Employees couples. I swear I am the only single hetro white guy in whole the complex.

My biggest issue is the ambulances/ER that shows up in the middle of the night for the all old folks having medical issues and the group of old guys that wear European speedo at the pool. Otherwise it is extremely quite and mostly everyone leave everyone alone on the deck but does do small talk in the hall when see each other.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:19 AM   #46
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post

Really, that's your big deal, really
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:27 AM   #47
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Mormons are crazy. But you can't say anything about it because their members fill the ranks of the FBI and CIA. They're probably the ones keeping all the surveillance data. Sssssh.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 07-19-2013 at 06:33 AM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:32 AM   #48
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Mormons are crazy. But you can't say anything about it because their members fill the ranks of the FBI and CIA. Their probably the ones keeping all the surveillance data. Sssssh.
Look at their eyes from the side when the light hits them just right, you will see shift to reptilian. It's shocking really.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #49
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
You must have missed the part about it not being homemade. I couldn't even look my kids in the eye that night! They looked so betrayed!

I've thought since about sending this guy a strongly-worded letter; but that seems a little harsh.

Last edited by DomCasual; 07-19-2013 at 10:12 AM.. Reason: Stupid typo!
Old 07-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #50
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Mormons are crazy. But you can't say anything about it because their members fill the ranks of the FBI and CIA. They're probably the ones keeping all the surveillance data. Sssssh.
I've already made a few calls about you.