The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #51
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Fortunately this is not very person in America but you gotta admit there is a general passiveness and wimpyness growing in America especially young American men. Compared to the youth of the sixties todays youth are a bunch of government dependent sheeople.

I call them the "Tell me what to think boss" generation.
Aw. Those Boomers did such a bang up job. Lol. Not.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #52
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
I think there is a movement for politeness in this USA, and in general being respectful of others is a good thing...

until:

You literally cannot say of do anythign because people are offended. I don't have kids, but some of my friends do, and oh boy is it fun to watch. Now kida are not supposed to call others "fat", they are "full"... seriously? Parents now reason with their kids instead of letting them know that they are in charge, no questions asked. Also, I see alot of kids who fall down, run into something... and parents are al over them with handi-wipes and rubs on the back... no wonder we have kids coming up who are wussies... you can't ridcule them, cristicize them or anthing because theyare fragile.
I don't see things that different than when I was a kid, maybe the swearing starts a little earlier, is more pervasive, and it is more than the use of Damn or Hell. I just hope the young kids I hear swearing like I have don't understand what they are saying.

If you turn on broadcast TV the language is pretty rough and the beeps don't help because your brain just fills them in.

Having a couple people wanting different words used because they fell it is less hurtful is nothing.

As far as being a parent for every handi-wipe and pat on the back you see there are a bunch of times us parents put our kids in positions to learn life lessons on their own. I have my daughter in soccer and watching her stand up to teams who have their elbows flying and playing tough were some of the most rewarding games because I knew she was learning not to be intimidated and I didn't need to speak for her, her actions showed that she learned what I have been teaching.

There always have been tiger moms and helicopter parents, some of the best entertainment/drama/art has been based on those themes. I look at parenting as being a role model and putting the kids in situations where they learn and grow as well as provide for their needs. Do I ask for hugs and kisses in return? You bet! but I wouldn't call it coddling.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:10 PM   #53
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I guess I don't understand how an South Korean airline suing a American TV station for being racist has anything to do with individualism in America. I guess America should force countries to stop being such pussies, so we can make fun of them on TV.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #54
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Aw. Those Boomers did such a bang up job. Lol. Not.
How would you know? Your world starts in 1990 and revolves around you and you alone.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:29 PM   #55
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

The sad truth? Every generation is pretty much like the one that came before it, and the one that will come after it.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #56
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
How would you know? Your world starts in 1990 and revolves around you and you alone.
I was not born in the 90s. Lol @ revolving around me. Lol.

My guess as to your first hand experience with Millenials in America (considering you left) is slim and none.

Boomers are the "parents" of the generation you attempt to conceptualize. It is funny you mention Millenials being on the gubermint dole when one of the reasons for Boomers to come to blossom were the expanded socioeconomic programs during their upbringing.

I can point to at least a half dozen major historical events, even recent ones political in nature where the Boomers literally **** the bed and set forth a stranglehold on the throats of their children and grandchildren due to a lack of personal efficacy that plagued them.

They ****ed up big time, and most turned their backs on anything good worth standing up for a long, long time ago.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #57
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
The sad truth? Every generation is pretty much like the one that came before it, and the one that will come after it.
Hardly.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #58
Bronc62
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default No joke

Bronc62 is offline   Reply With Quote